Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban looks cool

KERO5ENE

But his abilities are boring and overall trash. I'm aware this has been said countless times already, but please, Please DE, is it possible to, just like wukong recently, give him a rework as well? Something like making his grenades exalted and maybe giving him turrets? I just love his basic design, and his helmets. Would've only played him if not for his abilities. 

Heard multiple times that he's on the to-do list for reworks, but these things take time.

Not sure if someone sent Pablo a taco yet, though. We might just end up with a charge mechanic on Bastille or something.

Edited by KnossosTNC

3 minutes ago, sharkstrangler said:

In the interview Reb gave GameSpark she said Vauban's probably  is next.

"Wukong will be reworked. Do you have plans for other frames?
Rebecca: The Wukong rework will take place in the next few weeks. It is probably Vauban after that. We'll go back to the old ones and make adjustments to make them more fun to play."

bruh

Edited by zuraith

1 hour ago, KERO5ENE said:

give him a rework as well?

SoonTM

we've been asking for a while, but it seems we finally have one foot in the door, with Reb saying he should be next after Wukong. we WILL be holding DE to this. I'm not even a huge Vauban user or fan, but he's been neglected for YEARS now, while so many new frames have been added that basically render him obsolete. Wisp is the most recent slap in the face: she has deployables that are WAY better than his, and has the power of the damn sun (compared to Vaubans tiny Vortex. that can't kill anything and is just a worse version of Nidus' 2.)

dear god PLEASE let us have a teaser of Vauban 2.0 at TennoCon. even if it's just one ability for about 2 seconds.. anything. i wanna bring him out of my arsenal again, for actual use, not as a joke.

vor einer Stunde schrieb KERO5ENE:

But his abilities are boring and overall trash. I'm aware this has been said countless times already, but please, Please DE, is it possible to, just like wukong recently, give him a rework as well? Something like making his grenades exalted and maybe giving him turrets? I just love his basic design, and his helmets. Would've only played him if not for his abilities. 

Sadly, that goes for many older frames, they simply pale in comparison to the new ones.

But look at it like this: you can focus on Endgame (Fashion) with the old ones.

I went berserk with my Excalibur and completely releveled him (6 formas or so). Now he's but good looks, lotsa Vazarin slots and weapons.

You can do the same! Join the Endgame!

1 hour ago, KERO5ENE said:

This again?  They already announce about the rework and yes I know it have to be soon as hopefully they would hold that right side up and not to end up whoops I made a mess type.

Thank you for the replies, I didn't know DE had plans for him. I'm kinda new to the game, and seeking estheticism in everything I can. I love Vauban for his looks mainly, but I currently need to use meta frames and weapons to progress further into the game, as I am yet unable to solo a max stakes index or a sortie. So here I am, dreaming about an actually useful Vauban. 

2 hours ago, KERO5ENE said:

and maybe giving him turrets?

While I really doubt it'll happen due to how anti-afk DE seems to be about everything, I swear to goodness gracious; if they give ma boi booben some strong turrets, I'll probably cream my pants :inlove:

I personally like the idea of trap frame like vauban (not nezha!) but as vauban is now his abilities are so underpowered that you cannot rly use him to kill anything above lvl 10. So if the rework is gonna follow the theme of traps (f off nezha) There should be some cc and some powerful traps that can actually rip high lvl enemies and maybe some defense and/or utility to make it more versatile. 

What comes to turret conversation, its prolly idea for new warframe since vaubans idea has nothing to do with turrets (even tho I want my damn turret too) And I also had an idea of turret frame where your game would base around health based turrets that you would protect with lazer walls and drones. So sort version is high tech frame with: heal/energy station (a bit like wisp flower), Lazer wall (a bit like volt shield), drones (a bit like itzal drones) and turret. But not sure if others like this type of frame. 

3 hours ago, Gamalahalaf said:

I personally like the idea of trap frame like vauban (not nezha!) but as vauban is now his abilities are so underpowered that you cannot rly use him to kill anything above lvl 10. So if the rework is gonna follow the theme of traps (f off nezha) There should be some cc and some powerful traps that can actually rip high lvl enemies and maybe some defense and/or utility to make it more versatile. 

What comes to turret conversation, its prolly idea for new warframe since vaubans idea has nothing to do with turrets (even tho I want my damn turret too) And I also had an idea of turret frame where your game would base around health based turrets that you would protect with lazer walls and drones. So sort version is high tech frame with: heal/energy station (a bit like wisp flower), Lazer wall (a bit like volt shield), drones (a bit like itzal drones) and turret. But not sure if others like this type of frame. 

Surely the idea of a trap frame is you trap enemies, which vauban does very effectively with 3 & 4. killing the trapped enemies is up to you and lets face it, easily done with myriad weapons. otherwise he becomes a nuke frame.

i hope any rework keeps his bastille & vortex more or less how they are. i guess bastille having the augment in build would be good as it is easy to ge overrun otherwise, in ways that gara/limbo/frost doesn't nearly so quickly. turrets might be fun but then you're arguably just adding a mesa style ability as a passive once you've used it which sounds way OP. unless it's a turret that fires electric procs [but wisp already does very similiar]

i feel the problem isn't the older frames but how stupidly powerful some of the newer ones are. i love vaubsy

6 minutes ago, (PS4)smb-twisted said:

Vauban 😎

getting hated on is better than getting forgotten. it could be worse, you could be baruuk

No I mean I came in here expecting to see nothing but positive comments about Vauban and how he looks only to get bamboozled by more complaining.... 😞