The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Lotus: Kill or Save?

Spartan336

5 hours ago, Spartan336 said:

There was a scene at Tennocon where Rebecca polled the audience oh whether or not to kill or save the Lotus. It seems that the room was out to kill her. But what about the forums? Do you want to kill the Lotus or save her and why? 

Is not that easy.  There are many factors going on.  Maybe she is now kind of suppressed and under "mother" and "hunhow" control.  We have to find out what did actually make Lotus to save us rather than killing us. Maybe love?  Maybe it was all part of her complex plan? Who knows....

Anyway if she just wants to kill all the remaining orokins then we share the same goal and I would save her. I also reserved a place in my orbiter for Ballas' head.

What about a third option?

My assumption is that, based on previous quests, in the moment of truth we'll be presented with three options - Yin, Yang, Balance. I'd assume the first two would translate into kill or spare, but what about the third? Perhaps we can somehow preserve the Lotus? Put her to sleep without extinguishing her life force per se? 

You also have to consider how this decision might translate into the future of the story. I doubt DE  would make multiple branching paths of lore depending on our choice, which leads me to believe the Lotus will either live or die regardless of our decision. There's also Rebecca heavily hinting (albeit somewhat sarcastically) that the Lotus is done for, which negates the possibility of preservation. Who knows.

Edited by Tellakey
  • Like 1

This new war is rather pointless, in that the Tenno succeeded where the Sentients did not, killing the Orokin. Really the old war should be over. Whether we save or kill Lotus only time will tell. The Sentients were created to create a new world, which they wish to protect from the Orokin, unless their mandate changed to protect the Tau system from all life in the Sol system, who knows?

It maybe possible that Natah/Lotus may reconcile their conflict when confronting the Tenno, Natah could end up being the ambassador of peace towards her Mother, or she could turn against her if the story leads us towards Natah/Lotus, showing her that we forgive her and want her back.

Personally, I would like to see a conflict that eventually gets resolved, as a NEW truly ALIEN threat emerges that threatens both the Sol and Tau system. For once we might fight mobs that did not originate in the Sol system.

Edited by CuChulainnWD

depends on the loot, but assuming there is the same/no loot for either outcome, I choose to kill, and hope that Ordis will stop mimicking her as well. I'm done with the Lotus' voicelines. frankly if I could I'd bring Cephalon Cy in ahead of Railjack and just have him look after the Orbiter AND the Railjack, and be the one to talk to us on missions.

• Like 2

Eh, given that she's extolling that she's been 'saved by family' when Hunhow - a distinctly not mind controlled character - basically said "Natah, they're coming, they want you back, and I wouldn't be able to stop them from taking you by force" indicates to me that she's been mind controlled to think her past state was mind control.

So, yes save. Bonus points if Hunhow tries to save her along with us.  Epic redemption arc team-up fight with a giant space monster against an even more giant space monster? Where do I sign up? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Eh, given that she's extolling that she's been 'saved by family' when Hunhow - a distinctly not mind controlled character - basically said "Natah, they're coming, they want you back, and I wouldn't be able to stop them from taking you by force" indicates to me that she's been mind controlled to think her past state was mind control.

So, yes save. Bonus points if Hunhow tries to save her along with us.  Epic redemption arc team-up fight with a giant space monster against an even more giant space monster? Where do I sign up? 

Had to scroll waaaaay too far to find someone thinking logically. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CuChulainnWD said:

This new war is rather pointless, in that the Tenno succeeded where the Sentients did not, killing the Orokin. Really the old war should be over. Whether we save or kill Lotus only time will tell. The Sentients were created to create a new world, which they wish to protect from the Orokin, unless their mandate changed to protect the Tau system from all life in the Sol system, who knows?

It maybe possible that Natah/Lotus may reconcile their conflict when confronting the Tenno, Natah could end up being the ambassador of peace towards her Mother, or she could turn against her if the story leads us towards Natah/Lotus, showing her that we forgive her and want her back.

Personally, I would like to see a conflict that eventually gets resolved, as a NEW truly ALIEN threat emerges that threatens both the Sol and Tau system. For once we might fight mobs that did not originate in the Sol system.

I agree with you, but mechanically, I can't see this war ever ending, seeing as that would result in a ludonarrative dissonance wherein the Tenno battle the Sentients despite the war having gotten resolved. It's the same reason that the Grineer and Corpus will never be stopped.

18 minutes ago, Tellakey said:

I agree with you, but mechanically, I can't see this war ever ending, seeing as that would result in a ludonarrative dissonance wherein the Tenno battle the Sentients despite the war having gotten resolved. It's the same reason that the Grineer and Corpus will never be stopped.

I am not so sure. I agree with you up to a point. Continuing a pointless fight will work for a year or two on the surface, but the story must progress. Let's face it. Natah knows that the Tenno completed the Sentient objective, kill the Orokin. Mission done. The only reason I can see the war continuing beyond that is because Mommy does not like any life in the Sol system, must do the Dalek objective... EXTERMINATE!.

That said, IF Natah realises she is still cherished by the Tenno, she may come around and aid us against her Mum, or she turns on us completely, and we kill her. Ludonarrative realised, fine... but, it would be so much more fulfilling to us and the game if a truly alien race decided to exterminate us all. Now that would be a new war worth sinking our teeth into, and perhaps unite the Sol system  factions.

I think we all want to kill Natah for sure! I think that the helmet houses the Lotus and that she merely parasitizes humanoid sentients that wear it (which we know Natah to be the only example of a humanoid sentient). Natah and Lotus are distinct. For whatever reason, I think the Lotus planned this and wants us to kill Natah! The question is, how will we save Lotus if she has no sentient body to commandeer? Anyway...

How did Steve put it? She has to decide if she picks the family she was born to, or the family she lived with?
And now there is no (re)programming to enforce it, she gets to choose!

Give me a chance not to kill her and I'll go with it. 🙂

But I'll defend myself if I have to.

Edited by Aldrr

12 minutes ago, CuChulainnWD said:

I am not so sure. I agree with you up to a point. Continuing a pointless fight will work for a year or two on the surface, but the story must progress. Let's face it. Natah knows that the Tenno completed the Sentient objective, kill the Orokin. Mission done. The only reason I can see the war continuing beyond that is because Mommy does not like any life in the Sol system, must do the Dalek objective... EXTERMINATE!.

That said, IF Natah realises she is still cherished by the Tenno, she may come around and aid us against her Mum, or she turns on us completely, and we kill her. Ludonarrative realised, fine... but, it would be so much more fulfilling to us and the game if a truly alien race decided to exterminate us all. Now that would be a new war worth sinking our teeth into, and perhaps unite the Sol system  factions.

I just hope the Sentients have a really, really good reason to start this war beyond "Humanity bad, exterminate".

2 minutes ago, Tellakey said:

I just hope the Sentients have a really, really good reason to start this war beyond "Humanity bad, exterminate".

You can just read Kyashan, Terminator or Battlestar Galactica synopsys  to understand that....

2 minutes ago, Tellakey said:

Yeah exactly, because then it just becomes a tragedy, and it would get old. I can understand the loop of war we are in now, it has/had purpose. We Tenno as well as Natah/Lotus were fooled to a degree. I think we all agree that the Orokin had to go. The question is, what got up Natah's mum's nose to come to the Sol system other than to exterminate everyone? Natah knows the Tenno got the job done. Lotus knows it. Ballas is now a puppet of the Sentients... So what gives? I think it is, should be a conflict that can be resolved. The Sol system could in theory unite, becoming Syndicate Factions to support the Tenno for a truly new war from with out, not with in. To me that would be a war worth fighting for. Save Sol and Tau from an external threat. 

We don’t need another Terra(DC) that we would save, just so she can keep track and report what and how to kill us.

I say kill the Lotus, put her out of misery. The space mom we knew is gone, we need to except that she is gone.

if you do save would you ever trust her again?

• Like 2