The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best and worst deluxe skins

I get why everyone else hates Nova Deluxe, bit I can't, I love the combination of insect textures and Hindu fashion. Likewise, I get why everyone else loves Rhino Deluxe, but it just isn't doing anything for me. But those aren't my favorite and least favorite, I just felt Nova Asuri needed defending

My actual favorite would have to be Saryn, followed closely by Oberon. My least favorite would probably be a toss-up between Ember and Octavia. No I'm not salty that we didn't get that original white Ember, I just genuinely think Ember Vermilion looks godawful even in a vacuum

Edited by TARINunit9
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, InfinitusPhoenix said:

Not counting the upcoming ones. Only the ones that currently in the game.

7 minutes ago, InfinitusPhoenix said:

Best is probably the upcoming Ash one.

silly TC

anyways My Favorites I suppose are

Nyx deluxe makes an amazing knightess almost with Silva and Aegis Prime

Rhino is I think my favorite though it is picky about armor I love how it does a less intrusive Iron Skin and the Hammer skin with it feels perfect to me.

For me the worst are

Saryn I don't care for coloring wise i can't make it not gaudy tbh.

Atlas I like the skin itself like 7/10 though it's weird to use armor pieces on him what I can't stand is the skinny boi rumblers.

Limbo I just don't particularly care for it i got it more for the card skin but maybe my mind will change down the line I like going back and giving skins another shot down the line.

Others i generally use here and there swapping in and out though honestly I can't say any are bad

• Like 1

Best: Volt, very contemporary and Orokin-like

Worst: Chroma, we don’t need another lobster

Honorable mentions: Mesa(it’s ok....), Mag(same reasoning as Mesa’s), Nova(it’s not bad, you guys are hating it because other people are hating it), Ember(hello? She’s literally bird queen in this deluxe skin), Limbo(It’s good), Nyx(too many details but good enough).

This is a bit of weird question for me, because as it makes me look back on all the Deluxe skins thus far, it makes me see how much Warframe's art has changed. Just compare Valkyr Gersemi to Nyx Pasithea. Gersemi is nice but it's very much a product of its earlier time. So I'm gonna grade these based on how the art was at the time of making.

Best: Nezha Empyrean. It's got tons of really nice details, natural metallics and perfect theme.

Worst: Vauban Citadel. It looked really nice in the concept art, but in 3D it came out round and dumpy,  looking very much like an armor-clad Shrek. Lots of visual clutter without order or direction to make it work. And released at a time when DE's new art was seriously improving, this skin was below average for its time. The concept was great, I think it just didn't translate to 3D well.

• Like 1

I'm biased as I play Trinity the most but I really hate her "deluxe" skin.  It's that weird no foot one.  Also, honestly why can't Trinity have a nice skin that doesn't have a dippy skirt or things hanging down from her waist?

Best: nyx, saryn 

worst: volt, nova (dont need to say more, looks like warframes version of the fly, its a eyesore. Luckily shell get a proper one soon). Limbo, like, what is going on with that skin?

honorable mentions: mesa (looks great), upcoming khora and ivara looks sweet aswell.

Best: Nidus, Nezha or Mag

Worst: Nova or Ember. I'm gonna go with Ember because at least Asuri looks great with Prime and Slipstream helmets while Vermillion is just plain bad.

Edited by Guest