Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Much as I appreciate being forced to finish the silver grove quest...

1 minute ago, Caine2112 said:

My brother and I got the last aura mod we were missing from this Nightwave event, so bonus

I got Crimson Dervish from a good Semarit-uhm... from a generous player when I was still scanning for the plants.  So.... that was something. 

In fact it seems like they were numerous players just doing the challenge randomly in pubs rather than going Solo. 

Which I though was strange....

43 minutes ago, ...BlackSoul... said:

Well, this has gone to typical internet forum "conversation".

Person A
This is annoying, takes me long time accomplish. I do not like this.

Person B
It took me couple minutes, its easy, stop whining, you are wrong.

What is boils down to really is this:
Person A: This is annoying because I did not have the ingredients already stockpiled so now I have to farm until I get them (or have to do the quest in the first place).
Person B: This was easy because I had the ingredients stockpiled already (if not already built into apothics).

That's the nature of this game: anything that makes use of older content will have some people complaining because they dont have a stockpile to work from, vs the guys who do have a stockpile thinking it's a non-issue. Neither side is wrong or has an illegitimate point of view: both are right. It's easy if you have a stockpile, it's annoying if you dont.

The lesson to be learned from this is to stockpile everything on the chance that you'll need it later.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sentinel-14 said:

What is boils down to really is this:
Person A: This is annoying because I did not have the ingredients already stockpiled so now I have to farm until I get them (or have to do the quest in the first place).
Person B: This was easy because I had the ingredients stockpiled already (if not already built into apothics).

That's the nature of this game: anything that makes use of older content will have some people complaining because they dont have a stockpile to work from, vs the guys who do have a stockpile thinking it's a non-issue. Neither side is wrong or has an illegitimate point of view: both are right. It's easy if you have a stockpile, it's annoying if you dont.

The lesson to be learned from this is to stockpile everything on the chance that you'll need it later.

Person C, comes in and tries to make out that people who didn't kick a fuss, were only in that position because they already had everything they needed and that's the only reason why they didn't have a problem with this challenge. 

Person D, (several Persons B are actually D) didn't have a stockpile and just went ahead and scanned a bunch plants and made 1 or 2 apothics. Then grouped with people who also had a couple of apothics so that they could all just spend one, and completed the challenge in short order. 

Since many of the plants are not time gated, this is not a huge issue. It's just a matter of knowing what you're looking for, and knowing where to find them. 

23 hours ago, tzadquiel said:

what is exactly your problem? look for silver grove squad, buddy up, get the cash, and if you really want to, do the quest at your leisure, whenever. you literally dont lose anything, there is no spoilers either. 

I'm not going to repeat poorly constructed content for the sake of a little rep.

Yeah arguably the worst(and likely the hardest) challenge I've seen so far.

I also skipped the silver grove quest because it is dogcrap tier and mindless and painful to grind. But I did it for the sake of this weekly challenge thing and I'm pretty sure I won't bother doing it again unless I'm really really bored and have nothing else to do.

I suggest getting the resource booster and the cross matrix widget. I makes the process alot easier at least.

2 hours ago, White_Matter said:

Yeah arguably the worst(and likely the hardest) challenge I've seen so far.

I also skipped the silver grove quest because it is dogcrap tier and mindless and painful to grind. But I did it for the sake of this weekly challenge thing and I'm pretty sure I won't bother doing it again unless I'm really really bored and have nothing else to do.

I suggest getting the resource booster and the cross matrix widget. I makes the process alot easier at least.

Obviously you never farmed equinox in terms of grinding, or played A New Strange, or Patient Zero in terms of tedious quests

2 hours ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

Obviously you never farmed equinox in terms of grinding, or played A New Strange, or Patient Zero in terms of tedious quests

Did all that. I usually buy bundles but I sat down and farmed equinox to my own surprise.

The thing is, as grindy as they are, they don't involve time gated plant scanning. Which is like.. yikes.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

Did all that. I usually buy bundles but I sat down and farmed equinox to my own surprise.

The thing is, as grindy as they are, they don't involve time gated plant scanning. Which is like.. yikes.

Oh it's so horrible to only need to wait a maximum of 1 hour for just the moonlight/sunlight jadeleaf, threshcone and dragonlillies while every other plant can be picked at any time

I gave up on this bloody quest. mooched off others' Apothics to get the 7k standing. I will never finish this garbage. Bought Growing Power with some plat long ago.

Edited by Ikyr0

4 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

Oh it's so horrible to only need to wait a maximum of 1 hour for just the moonlight/sunlight jadeleaf, threshcone and dragonlillies while every other plant can be picked at any time

Actually, I had to wait 3 hours. The day/night cycle on Earth missions is pretty long.

Not everybody has enough free time in gaming to be able to just wait 3 hours. Sometimes we only get an hour or two of gaming at a time.

8 minutes ago, DrakeWurrum said:

Actually, I had to wait 3 hours. The day/night cycle on Earth missions is pretty long.

Not everybody has enough free time in gaming to be able to just wait 3 hours. Sometimes we only get an hour or two of gaming at a time.

3? Since when? The day/night cycles on earth should be 1 hour each?

2 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

3? Since when? The day/night cycles on earth should be 1 hour each?

That's for Cetus/PoE I believe.

The missions are on a different cycle entirely, which is weird.

Wiki says: "Earth is the first and only planet to have a day-night cycle, which changes every 4 hours (at 12, 4, 8am, and 12, 4, 8pm Eastern Standard Time) "

Edited by DrakeWurrum

On 2019-07-16 at 5:20 PM, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

You're a very weird person. I, for one, hated the fact that I had to grind my butt off just so I can be able to buy more parts for a zaw/kitgun/moa/k-drive that I never intended on having to begin with just so I can get a little bit of standing

You're a weird person if you think the grind for this is easier than the grind for gilding and creating modular weapons is.

1 minute ago, Cynical_Dolphin said:

You're a weird person if you think the grind for this is easier than the grind for gilding and creating modular weapons is.

I got everything I needed for apothics in one mission

The guilding thing? Well let's just say that requires the rank needed to even be able to have the bps to craft the gems/ore you need to make a new kitgun/zaw/etc. Which I was still rank 2 for fortuna, and we all know standing is capped per day. The amount of weeds you can pick is not. 

No, you are weird. I am just a guy taking a walk through the forest to smell roses is all.

9 hours ago, Ikyr0 said:

I gave up on this bloody quest. mooched off others' Apothics to get the 7k standing. I will never finish this garbage. Bought Growing Power with some plat long ago.

Good for you. /s

Edited by Bioness