Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe needs a complete overhaul

The game plays like a Warriors/Musou game. 95% of the time you can't even tell who is doing damage to you and you can't tell who you have killed. AI is freaking TERRIBLE. It's comparable to buggy AI in most action games. We have a ton of unique frames but they're "useless" in this current state. It's like cutting a tree with a butter knife when I know I can just chainsaw the tree. It's tedious and I rather use the chainsaw(Saryn). 

Baruuk. Sleeping and Disarming is just beating a dead horse.

Harrow. What's the point of his 2,3 when everyone pops energy restore and probably spams Magus Elevate(or whatever that Arcane is called)  and whats the point of his 4 when you can kill everything just fine without crit?

Titania.... you get it... I can go on and on.

Status effects are easily overshadowed by damage. Why do orange and red crits even exist? What the hell is 100%+ crit rate -_-

Energy is way too easy to come by. I should not be able to press 4444444 then walk and collect energy pickups with Arcane Energize or simply pop an energy restore. Abilties should be a luxury. 

I just think the damage in general needs to be taken down more than a couple notches. The frames are fun but the game itself isn't engaging. It's just sad to see unique ideas and designs going to waste because of the weak core of the game.

I think the community would accept DE taking a break with all the skins, primes, frames, empty plains and focused on unlocking the potential that is just sitting right in front of us 😤

• Like 4

Abilities should be luxus??
It´s the reason I play game. I hate to wait for mana/energy/cooldown etc.
I like beeing a semi-god killing everything in sight, that´s the fun for me.
If i want something more realistic I would play arma, rainbow six, cs:go, battlefield etc...

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, (PS4)OerbaYunFangSta said:

The game plays like a Warriors/Musou game. 95% of the time you can't even tell who is doing damage to you and you can't tell who you have killed. AI is freaking TERRIBLE. It's comparable to buggy AI in most action games. We have a ton of unique frames but they're "useless" in this current state. It's like cutting a tree with a butter knife when I know I can just chainsaw the tree. It's tedious and I rather use the chainsaw(Saryn). 

Baruuk. Sleeping and Disarming is just beating a dead horse.

Harrow. What's the point of his 2,3 when everyone pops energy restore and probably spams Magus Elevate(or whatever that Arcane is called)  and whats the point of his 4 when you can kill everything just fine without crit?

Titania.... you get it... I can go on and on.

Status effects are easily overshadowed by damage. Why do orange and red crits even exist? What the hell is 100%+ crit rate -_-

Energy is way too easy to come by. I should not be able to press 4444444 then walk and collect energy pickups with Arcane Energize or simply pop an energy restore. Abilties should be a luxury. 

I just think the damage in general needs to be taken down more than a couple notches. The frames are fun but the game itself isn't engaging. It's just sad to see unique ideas and designs going to waste because of the weak core of the game.

I think the community would accept DE taking a break with all the skins, primes, frames, empty plains and focused on unlocking the potential that is just sitting right in front of us 😤

The game would die. If they took a break from making content. Dont believe me? Before PoE launched DE said they weren't releasing anything new and would be only doing hotfixes for game breaking stuff. It took a month for PoE to come out and everyone was complaining about lack of anything to do. Same thing happened before the sacrifice. You take out new content and warframe will die.

30 minutes ago, (PS4)OerbaYunFangSta said:

I think the community would accept DE taking a break

Yeah do you remember what happened when DE took a bit of time to rebalance primary and secondary weapons?

Yeah the community absolutely hated not having anything new delivered to them on a regular bases.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Genitive said:

What is this potential and how would you approach implementing it?

Reworking the damage for us players.

• Removing orange and red crits
  • Decreasing the amount of damage we do in general and making headshots rewarding and making status effects useful
  • Changing properties of status effects because afaik every Warframe is capable of dishing out the current status effects and we need more diversity.
  • Giving melee users a lot of more options to play with other than simple mashing and dealing damage the exact same way primarily ranged players do

Improving the AI. Which would lead into encouraging team work and team composition outside of fights like Eidolons

i don't know the right term but, implementing a "caution" state for stealthy frames. Right now we only have "not aware" and "alert". Enemies never lose track of you unless you're invis

Giving frames more universal options

Just off the top of my head.

12 minutes ago, (PS4)OerbaYunFangSta said:

It's like cutting a tree with a butter knife when I know I can just chainsaw the tree. It's tedious and I rather use the chainsaw(Saryn). 

I believe it would be more accurate to compare it to pruning a bush with a chainsaw. You can do it, it'll cut the things you want it to really easily, and it technically works, but it's not the best experience, nor is it the healthiest for the bush or you. Far better to use secateurs. 

17 minutes ago, (PS4)OerbaYunFangSta said:

I strongly disagree with this. Warframe is at it's best when we have access to our abilities, and use them as, well... abilities, as you might in other games. It's what gives frames their individual playstyles. Abilities used to much more like this, and it was actively changed to the economy we have now.

Instead, the abilities that were designed for this economy should be altered to be in line as effectively powers that should more or less be considered always on hand and balanced around that - made to have interesting playstyles instead of just power.

In terms of stealth, for example, more stealth should be like Ivara's prowl/cloak arrow and Wisps Wil-o-wisp/passive. Both Ivara and Wisp, despite pretty heavily being stealth-oriented frames, have limits imposed on their invisibility powers. Ivara has mobility, whereas Wisp has conditions. Ivara has very limited movement when using either core stealth ability - her cloak arrow is stationary and Prowl slows her down considerably. Wisp, on the other hand, is passively invisible in the air but can't attack and she needs to jump constantly, or she can turn invisible but also summon a decoy, producing a situation that can alert enemies if improperly used - and thanks to the teleport, it's non-refreshable, you need to be hidden by jumping or conventionally before the duration ends. This means both frames are basically in a situation where, in order to remain permanently cloaked and thus safe, they need to significantly alter their play styles from the standard run-and-gun, and/or build loadouts largely around it like bringing Skiajati or Arcane Trickery. Energy doesn't really come into the equation - the limits are built in.

Now compare this with Loki or Octavia. They push a button, or in Octavia's case, T-bag, and then they're invisible for around 40 seconds. There are no further caveats, they're just now immune to being seen, and thus aggro and thus being shot. 

So, does Warframe need a complete overhaul IMO? No, but it does need work in the ability department. More things need limits built in, either through ability redesigns or through enemies gaining new resistances to certain powers (something like blunts/vector shields drawing aggro from and blocking Mesa's peacemakers), in order to prevent things from being BFG's with infinite ammo.

19 minutes ago, (XB1)Demon Intellect said:

The game would die. If they took a break from making content. Dont believe me? Before PoE launched DE said they weren't releasing anything new and would be only doing hotfixes for game breaking stuff. It took a month for PoE to come out and everyone was complaining about lack of anything to do. Same thing happened before the sacrifice. You take out new content and warframe will die.

OP has NO clue.  The combat being what made WF a worldwide success...the business model.

To paraphrase OP:  

“WF sucks.  Scrap it and make a new game.”

Newsflash:  We like Warframe.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, (PS4)OerbaYunFangSta said:

Reworking the damage for us players.

• Removing orange and red crits
  • Decreasing the amount of damage we do in general and making headshots rewarding and making status effects useful
  • Changing properties of status effects because afaik every Warframe is capable of dishing out the current status effects and we need more diversity.
  • Giving melee users a lot of more options to play with other than simple mashing and dealing damage the exact same way primarily ranged players do

Improving the AI. Which would lead into encouraging team work and team composition outside of fights like Eidolons

i don't know the right term but, implementing a "caution" state for stealthy frames. Right now we only have "not aware" and "alert". Enemies never lose track of you unless you're invis

Giving frames more universal options

Just off the top of my head.

I can agree that damage could be toned down, but I don't think removing crits will do. If we're removing things, I would get rid of multishot mods and try to compensate for them by buffing base damage mods slightly. I don't think the amount of damage mods we have currently is necessary. 

Another way would be to introduce more elite enemies, like you have in Orb Vallis. They don't die as fast and could be a nice things to mix in between standard enemies.

I also think status effects should be changed, not all of them, however. There were quite a few ideas on the forums how to change these.

I'm not going to comment on melee since they're reworking it, we'll see how it turns out.

I don't think the game needs to have super advanced AI, unless maybe for some special encounters. What is in the game is fine, but things die so fast most of the time that you can't really experience any AI. There surely is a room for improvement, but nothing drastic.

Finally, there is a cautious state for enemies, you should have a read: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Enemy_Behavior

This is not an easy topic and probably a reason why DE are so reluctant to rebalance the game. You can have a hundred of ideas and all of them might work, but won't necessarily meet the expectations of all the players.

49 minutes ago, (PS4)OerbaYunFangSta said:

Have you not heard of the dreaded "month of no content"? It was when they were releasing chains of harrow, and there were no updates except hotfixes for over a month. The doomsaying was palpable.

I disagree with the poster.  Like any game wf has faults but its overall a really fun game. Even if ypu have every item fully optimized. It can still be fun to log in at times and crack skulls.

And the various warrior games are fun to.  Sometimes i like to destress by hoping into a dynasty warriors game and wiping out armies with a single flashy sword swipe.  

If you are not enjoying wf then play something else.

My only real complaint with wf is how bland our child operaters are. Overhauling operater creation is the one big thing i personally want to see.

As many other Tenno says... we play this game to be overpowered space ninjas (and soon space pirate ninjas 😄 ) and don´t feel the limitations what other games mpose over powers and weapons, its a fundamental part of the WF fun!

After saying that, I agree what the AI could use improvements in several instances.

1 hour ago, (PS4)OerbaYunFangSta said:

Abilties should be a luxury.

UH-OH you lost me at this, what's the point of using different warframe if you don't really want to use their ability???

1 hour ago, Dhrekr said:

Yeah do you remember what happened when DE took a bit of time to rebalance primary and secondary weapons?

Yeah the community absolutely hated not having anything new delivered to them on a regular bases.

yeah, no new content cause RIOT

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Loza03 said:

I strongly disagree with this. Warframe is at it's best when we have access to our abilities, and use them as, well... abilities, as you might in other games. It's what gives frames their individual playstyles. Abilities used to much more like this, and it was actively changed to the economy we have now.

Instead, the abilities that were designed for this economy should be altered to be in line as effectively powers that should more or less be considered always on hand and balanced around that - made to have interesting playstyles instead of just power.

In terms of stealth, for example, more stealth should be like Ivara's prowl/cloak arrow and Wisps Wil-o-wisp/passive. Both Ivara and Wisp, despite pretty heavily being stealth-oriented frames, have limits imposed on their invisibility powers. Ivara has mobility, whereas Wisp has conditions. Ivara has very limited movement when using either core stealth ability - her cloak arrow is stationary and Prowl slows her down considerably. Wisp, on the other hand, is passively invisible in the air but can't attack and she needs to jump constantly, or she can turn invisible but also summon a decoy, producing a situation that can alert enemies if improperly used - and thanks to the teleport, it's non-refreshable, you need to be hidden by jumping or conventionally before the duration ends. This means both frames are basically in a situation where, in order to remain permanently cloaked and thus safe, they need to significantly alter their play styles from the standard run-and-gun, and/or build loadouts largely around it like bringing Skiajati or Arcane Trickery. Energy doesn't really come into the equation - the limits are built in.

Now compare this with Loki or Octavia. They push a button, or in Octavia's case, T-bag, and then they're invisible for around 40 seconds. There are no further caveats, they're just now immune to being seen, and thus aggro and thus being shot. 

So, does Warframe need a complete overhaul IMO? No, but it does need work in the ability department. More things need limits built in, either through ability redesigns or through enemies gaining new resistances to certain powers (something like blunts/vector shields drawing aggro from and blocking Mesa's peacemakers), in order to prevent things from being BFG's with infinite ammo.

Buffing abilities and making them comparable to similar strong abilities isnt the solution. I think Ivara needs extra abilities within her prowl or the game just needs to be reworked so that lesser abilities aren't redundant.

Edited by (PS4)OerbaYunFangSta

1 minute ago, George_PPS said:

Are we playing different games? 

Possibly, the TC might be a time traveler playing the spin-off game from the future "Warframe Warriors" and getting it confused with the original franchise.