Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove Profit Taker's adds

raven2k01

The one somewhat challenging thing we have in the game, and you want to nerf it? Get out of here skoom. 

Notice how even the meta players call it "annoying", "obnoxious", and "messy", even if they can do it in 2 minutes. That's because it relies on some actual gameplay for you to stay relevant in the fight, not just heavy expensive builds. It's glorious 😄 

Orb Vallis is filled with Corpus, so it makes total sense for them to be ordered to support the Orb Mother in a fight. I'd be disappointed if they didn't.

So I suggest you take a step back and look at what's happening, and then figure out how to approach it. Or just shamelessly get carried in pugs by taking a supportive role. There will be a lot of people playing this over the weekend. 

9 hours ago, raven2k01 said:

The constant swarm of enemies makes the Profit Taker fight incredibly difficult.
Like Eidolon fights, the fight should only be against the party and the boss.
Don't constantly spawn enemies into the fight.
Maybe have a few just to reload the Arch Gun.
But the focus should be on that actual boss.

You want the fight to be braindead why

1 hour ago, Ver1dian said:

The fight is difficult for op, but many have stated to be able to solo it in 5 minutes.
NOW....

The question for a million dollars is:

What should OP do?

A) Git Gud
B) Find someone to carry him
C) Blame the game for his shortcomings and complain about it on the forums
D) Improve his gear

Stay tuned, we will find out after the advertisements.

No one here so far has stated they have soloed Profite taker in less than 10 minutes let alone less than 5 minutes.

so I guess the op is going to to do A),B),C) and D) like everyone else has or will do.

4 minutes ago, kikasnoob said:

No one here so far has stated they have soloed Profite taker in less than 10 minutes let alone less than 5 minutes.

so I guess the op is going to to do A),B),C) and D) like everyone else has or will do.

Speaking of Git Gud here we have one of the greatest examples of Git Gudhood Warframe has ever seen. 2:56 for PT. 

PT adds just can't be more annoying than 168,7 vomvalyst swarming around the main target with the constant danger of healing it or just outright chip your health to death. 

Oh, all of this while 3k+ waypoints are littering your UI and the more adds you kill, the more it litters your visual, so much that it's a pain to find those damn lures that you have to watch over.

All of this in an ocean of lights and beams and particles and energy waves and projectiles and... 

Yeah, no. Please don't take Eidolons as an example. Those fights are just a pain for my eyes and brain to decipher. 

Tbh the orb fight is a bit backwards in a sense, in that the adds are more dangerous than the orb itself. I could see a reduction in the number of adds and the boss's threat be heightened accordingly. 

Currently if you removed the ads the boss would be totally harmless. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, raven2k01 said:

The constant swarm of enemies makes the Profit Taker fight incredibly difficult.

Yes I agree 100% this is 1 reason why I stop playing this boss fight. Before whose ok but now is just unplayable... I think they broke the game with some update...

1 hour ago, Autongnosis said:

Tbh the orb fight is a bit backwards in a sense, in that the adds are more dangerous than the orb itself. I could see a reduction in the number of adds and the boss's threat be heightened accordingly. 

Currently if you removed the ads the boss would be totally harmless. 

Not at all. Orb Mothers are not designed to chase down tiny Warframes. As demonstrated in the game they hold entire cities with people hostage (or burning them down), which is exactly what PT is doing. Naturally you surround them with small supporting units to deal with single close targets. It's very much how you do it in reality with tanks and carriers for example, which are very vulnerable alone. 

So removing the adds would make no sense.

Exploiter orb is a perfect example of the opposite situation, which snaps after the initial phase and decides to go for Fortuna without the backup, making it a ridiculously easy boss out in the open. A huge failure on their part.

Edited by SirTobe

il y a 21 minutes, SirTobe a dit :

Not at all. Orb Mothers are not designed to chase down tiny Warframes. As demonstrated in the game they hold entire cities with people hostage (or burning them down), which is exactly what PT is doing. Naturally you surround them with small supporting units to deal with single close targets. It's very much how you do it in reality with tanks and carriers for example, which are very vulnerable alone. 

I agree on a logical standpoint - that kind of warmachine left alone is an easy target. That said from a gameplay perspective having the orb do next to nothing to you (her attack barely ticlkes, she's a knockdown spam bot) is really bad. Like, eidola at least have some attacks that #*!%ing hurt. Orb is a tickler.

If it's a bossfight, it's really bad design to have the ads be the most dangerous part of the fight. It should be, the boss is a main threa and the ads either a) support the boss or b) act as complementary threat.

13 hours ago, raven2k01 said:

I ust use catchmoon kitgun and they are removed for the entire fight 😄

16 hours ago, raven2k01 said:

You....

I would say you've never heard of adds. But you use the word in the title.

So surely you know that boss fights in MANY oinline games... use adds. They're a necessary factor of the fight difficult and strategy.

If you're having a problem with them, you're not spamming your Fluctus enough.

Zephyr modded with some efficiency and duration can entirely ignore adds until she needs to kill some of them for Archgun cooldown/ammo.

Her 3 has always been "invalidate literally all Corpus guns" ability since release and with higher skybox she can stay airborne almost indefinitely. 

She doesn't have the ridiculous self buff like Chroma so you'll need some well-modded weapons but eh, you lose some you win some. When I don't want to deal with adds and just casually airstrike Profit Taker I take Zephyr. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, schilds said:

Or, I dunno, take a CC frame?

You know, those frames everyone keeps complaining have no use in this game?

Don't take a cc frame, they are worse for this type of thing. Just blow everything up with aoe, rinse and repeat, that or just bring chroma with vaz dash and just be immortal because YEAH. Google a quick and easy build if you don't want to do that roll the dice and try to build one out yourself that fits you. Allot of these seem to be people with few to no kills under their belt saying it's hard.

4 hours ago, SirTobe said:

Exploiter orb is a perfect example of the opposite situation, which snaps after the initial phase and decides to go for Fortuna without the backup, making it a ridiculously easy boss out in the open. A huge failure on their part.

Actually the Exploiter Orb fight is an Assassination mission, not a boss fight.

This is why you usually see a chroma in the party, the chroma damages the boss cause of the huge damage bonus. The others are there to kill away the adds and.....and. If you blow up the beacons the enemy count stays low and not so hectic. 

3 minutes ago, Corvid said:

Er... You do know that Assassination is the mission type for boss fights, right?

Regular boss fights.. not World boss fights... there is a difference in the level of difficulty that is meant for both types.

Exploiter Orb fight is akin to the Ropapolyst.. more mechanics, less adds.

21 hours ago, Grizmoore said:

This fight with no adds is a glorified cutscene. People beat it in like two minutes as is. Farming her for CREDITS is a thing. If anything the fight is too easy as is considering WHEN most people are getting to it. 

To be fair, it's less that the boss is easy but a certain set of Warframe are just OP for these types of bosses. I'll give Exploiter Orb props for at least having a meta that wasn't Chroma, Rhino, or Volt.

12 minutes ago, Goodwill said:

To be fair, it's less that the boss is easy but a certain set of Warframe are just OP for these types of bosses. I'll give Exploiter Orb props for at least having a meta that wasn't Chroma, Rhino, or Volt.

yeah, but those frames are just the best fit for that content, that being said I do understand. I think more frames should be brought up to par to match the top tier frames or at least be given that potential. Otherwise you run the risk of overtuning for something like chroma where they very well could just make his abilities useless.

4 hours ago, traybong111 said:

Zephyr modded with some efficiency and duration can entirely ignore adds until she needs to kill some of them for Archgun cooldown/ammo.

Her 3 has always been "invalidate literally all Corpus guns" ability since release and with higher skybox she can stay airborne almost indefinitely. 

She doesn't have the ridiculous self buff like Chroma so you'll need some well-modded weapons but eh, you lose some you win some. When I don't want to deal with adds and just casually airstrike Profit Taker I take Zephyr. 

^^^^^ This is a really cool way of dealing with the adds and using a frame that most all of us have access to. 

Edited by Grizmoore

It's not so bad once you get used to it.  I actually avoided doing this fight at all till very recently (this week) I only started doing it because I didn't want to be behind in nightwave anymore.

A high-power strength ice chroma with adaptation prime sure-footed/handspring combined with some magus elevates can largely ignore the adds.  I finally settled on using the larkspur heavy weapon also, it kills the profit taker pretty quickly but as you're transitioning phases is it also wipes out adds very easily.

Even still it's an annoying fight I wouldn't mind it as much if it wasn't for the unusual lag, which is probably due to the large number of enemies present doing large amounts of specialized attacks.  Even when I'm the host I often have problems changing weapons going back and forth to the heavy weapon etc.  Even when I have a very low ping to the host going in and out of operator form can often mess up etc

1 minute ago, (PS4)Eluminary said:

Even still it's an annoying fight I wouldn't mind it as much if it wasn't for the unusual lag, which is probably due to the large number of enemies present doing large amounts of specialized attacks.  Even when I'm the host I often have problems changing weapons going back and forth to the heavy weapon etc.  Even when I have a very low ping to the host going in and out of operator form can often mess up etc

This is actually just an issue for alllot of ps4 users past a certain alert level. People with the Pro might have different results tho. 

Just now, Grizmoore said:

This is actually just an issue for alllot of ps4 users past a certain alert level. People with the Pro might have different results tho. 

I Actually play on PC mostly now I just use this for the forums (no DC access on PC account) ive killed it on PS4 too but not as many times there.

All the issues I listed I've had on PC.  I78700k - 1080ti, it's not like I have a terrible computer or anyting like that.