Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

After 3000+ hours of warframe, I have to stop playing due to my anxiety and im heartbroken over it (Spoilers for chains of harrow)

Monstercatinabox

2 hours ago, (PS4)Kamranos said:

Anxiety is an enigma to those without it; that doesn’t make it and less real.

Never said it wasn't. Heck I even know someone who has misophonia. 

What I mean is pretty much everyone else in this game has actually attacked us repeatedly. Wally visits us and just sits there, or does his little handstands. 

Wally hasn't acted in a hostile manner. 

One time I was using my headset to talk a newb through some stuff and I was walking through the ship and spotted him for the first time in months, and almost gave it away by saying "Hey it's Wally! Hi Wally" in a happy tone. I dunno if he thought that it was someone IRL, or a Kubrow puppy or something, but I was super glad he didn't ask who I was talking to. 😅

3 hours ago, (PS4)Kamranos said:

Anxiety is an enigma to those without it; that doesn’t make it and less real.

Yea, many people actually have panic attacks at some point in their lives; they just don't know it's happening.

In some ways they're probably better off being ignorant in those situations.

I've decided I'm going back into Warframe after taking some time to recover and keeping everyone's advice in mind, I hope after sending messages to DE they wont hold it against me if I started playing again using all these strategies. Thank you all for your support and kind words.

Isn't there an option in the settings to disable all spoilers? So like your operator won't appear as a chat bubble during games and Lotus will be back to normal but it should also disable Wally right? (Creator Mode is the name of the option i think)

I really hope DE takes a look at this, while I really love wally and his visits, someone beeing driven away from something they love, because of something they have no control over, breaks my heart. A simple toggle in the options really shouldn't be hard to implement. Also, everyone should always remember, that for every person that speaks out about something like this, there are a hundred who don't, out of fear of being ridiculed. @[DE]Rebecca please bring this to the teams attention.

Also, if the Creator mode really fails to prevent wally from visiting, that should also be looked at.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, (XB1)SilverSurferGuy said:

Can’t you get someone to do it for you? It’s not particularly difficult and I’m sure you can do the last mission. 

Wally showing randomly after ANY mission is problem here, I think. Kinda hard to ask someone to check their ship whenever a mission is finished.

Considering that in the future, Wally will likely no longer show up randomly, due to story events, and players in the future will be able to run right through this portion of the story in a few minutes (potentially) or days, being able to disable it now, early, before that point in the story, doesn't seem like it would hurt lore too much (unless there's a really really good story reason to continue to inflict these people with this problem.)

(this is a similar situation to purple Ord-tus being a temporary thing most likely, and I fully expect to see the return of normal messages in the future, so this extended period of broken static transmission is quite annoying, but "creator mode" fixes that nicely, from what I read... might as well apply the Creator Mode fix to appearances of Wally.)

14 hours ago, Systamatic said:

Isn't there an option in the settings to disable all spoilers? So like your operator won't appear as a chat bubble during games and Lotus will be back to normal but it should also disable Wally right? (Creator Mode is the name of the option i think)

Doesn't turn it off. I've had it on for a while because I hated the digital Lotus look and I still see the doppelganger appearing.

No one should laugh at your disorder, those who do are idiots.

If DE doesn't allow you to turn the "man in the wall" off, then I'd suggest decorating every location where the man in the wall can spawn. You can scale decorations with the + and - sign on the numpad to cover the whole spot (Try some plush animals from Cetus to make it cute instead of scary). If the sound of "hey kiddo" also scares you, then you can make some sort of habit of turning the sound off, every time you are in the orbiter.

Lastly, you don't have to use the orbiter all that much anymore. The star chart, syndicates, arsenal, mods and relics are all accessible in the relays. Dojos with the observatory will allow you to use the star chart and arsenal too.

I hope you get well and learn to cooperate with your anxiety, I've had a panic attack before too and I totally feel you.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Xaxma said:

It's supposed to be a scary quest though. If they got rid of the jumpscares, it wouldn't be as fun anymore. 

Please don't ruin it for the rest of everyone. 

That’s...not even close to what the OP is asking for here. 

OP would like a way to disable the random appearance of the spooky operator and the HEY KIDDO thing that occurs after you complete Chains of Harrow. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe
  • Like 6

Guess it could be a toggle option if it's something that's widespread.

That said, it's just a virtual character saying "hey kiddo" and goofing around your ship, I feel there's so much more frightining and unexpected things in life that this, although it can sometimes startle you, and I guess it becomes one of those "I'm scared that i'm going to be scared" situation where the anticipation of the act is worse than the act itself.

• Like 1

it doesn’t work like that. You know there’s nothing actually dangerous, but your body does not. And panic attacks aren’t just being startled like a jump scare — you feel like you’re going to die: heart racing, limbs trembling, terrified. 

I had a panic attack a while back I can’t even remember the cause of, and I spent two hours hiding in my bed shaking and thinking my heart was going to explode and wondering what the hell was going on  

So if this thing triggers panic attacks, then the OP needs to avoid it until there’s an option to disable it  

• Like 3

This should be a feature that can be easily implemented, if we keep this thread on top, DE will eventually pay attention to it and they are good devs, I believe this will be fixed for you eventually, no need to quit the game if you love it so much. 

• Like 1

OP, I just had a thought. Do you have a dojo with a navigation room? I believe that you can run most missions from there, and you'll return to there every time. And I don't think the man in the wall shows up in the dojo. Alternatively, you can run missions from a relay as much as possible until DE addresses this. 

It's not a 100% guarantee - you've gotta return to the orbiter from time to time - but it might make it possible to play. 

7 hours ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

OP, I just had a thought. Do you have a dojo with a navigation room? I believe that you can run most missions from there, and you'll return to there every time. And I don't think the man in the wall shows up in the dojo. Alternatively, you can run missions from a relay as much as possible until DE addresses this. 

It's not a 100% guarantee - you've gotta return to the orbiter from time to time - but it might make it possible to play. 

There's no foundary in the dojo or the relays