Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grendel Reveal Devstream ... :(

Haranthus

vor 3 Minuten schrieb (XB1)Knight Raime:

The devs also take part in lewd/suggestive behavior either with commentary or occasionally design.  No one is guilt free.

hence why that lame 69 meme is still around on relays 🤷‍♂️ Was funny for 1 day now its just emberrassing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shiichibukai said:

hence why that lame 69 meme is still around on relays 🤷‍♂️ Was funny for 1 day now its just emberrassing.

Sometimes ye.  But it's also nice to see devs be able to joke about stuff instead of being serious all the time.  They feel more like cool friends than strict buisness type people.

15 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Her being the community manager is why Revenant is so bad. They literally called him Rebecca’s frame. Did she develop him personally? No. But she lead the team that did develop him.

She leads the community team, not any frame design team, Revenant isn't her frame she just labelled it on a stream, that is all. 

Edited by Cubewano

2 minutes ago, Cubewano said:

She leads the community team, not any frame design team, Revenant isn't her frame she just labelled it on a stream, that is all. 

The Who’s hair brain idea was it to say “screw making this Eidolon and Eidolon let’s make it a vampire!”. Because there’s literally only one DE staff member with that level of vampire love to perform just an heinous act.

Not to mention Reb was also on the rework team for a bit and worked on Nyx’s abilities.

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301

His abilities are too centered around him eating. And what happens when he eating damage falls off in the high levels? Him being pretty much useless? Most of us know how many frames get cool looking damage abilities that are very weak in the high levels.

9 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

The Who’s hair brain idea was it to say “screw making this Eidolon and Eidolon let’s make it a vampire!”. Because there’s literally only one DE staff member with that level of vampire love to perform just an heinous act.

Not to mention Reb was also on the rework team for a bit and worked on Nyx’s abilities.

Nobody, the frame is still an Eidolon frame. Any overlap into Vampiredom is again, just a coincidence. 

And I don't believe Rebecca was ever actually on the rework team for Nyx, she was teased a bit on a stream on the matter because she likes to talk big love on Nyx, but I don't recall her ever saying she was actually ever involved in the rework or taking credit for any ideas/changes. 

hace 3 horas, Circle_of_Psi dijo:

This was the point I was trying to make also, DE chuold of never even bothered to add such a frame, sure yes it might be a bit insensitive to really put it on the nose that "oh god he eats everything" but look at other frames, Valk-Kitty, in some peoples eyes, where more then just "tortured" if her Alt Helm has anything to say. Look at Limbo, he wears a suit and top hat, one of his Alt Helmets is based on Brit Hats with a Monocle, Being Brit myself that makes me very happy.

Besides, they made a whole bunch of animations for a body type like him, so it's very likely more frames with that bodybuild or similar will show up and would be thematically different.

Like a Sumo wrestler frame (who, by the way, are not fat because they are lazy or have dietary issues, but because they require it for the sport, and even then it's about lowering the gravity centre, following a strict diet and training regime in order to gain both weight and keep strong arms and legs)

hace 37 minutos, (XB1)Knight Raime dijo:

The devs also take part in lewd/suggestive behavior either with commentary or occasionally design.  No one is guilt free.

Remember when they showed off Wisp? Reb laughing and saying "Look at the scenery!". Da was priceless.

My only concern is that his 2 and 3 don't do anything unless his 1 has been used. This was the same issue that Wisp's 3 originally had when she was first shown before they changed it to what it is now. Hopefully, there is some function to his 2 and 3 on their own.

As for the fat jokes, I can kind of see where OP is coming from. While Hildryn is a bodybuilder in build, her abilities don't reference it and could really be tacked onto any frame with any body type and make sense since they are not contingent on being muscular in any way. Grendel on the other hand plays along with the stereotype that fat people only ever want to eat (and if you really want to get super deep into it, the vomiting portion could give off binge and purge vibes aka eating disorder). No one else's body type in game (and it's great that there are so many) reflect their abilities.

The oni aspect does work with those abilities however so really, just depends on how you are looking at it.

Edited by (NSW)SantCruz

3 hours ago, Cubewano said:

Nobody, the frame is still an Eidolon frame. Any overlap into Vampiredom is again, just a coincidence. 

And I don't believe Rebecca was ever actually on the rework team for Nyx, she was teased a bit on a stream on the matter because she likes to talk big love on Nyx, but I don't recall her ever saying she was actually ever involved in the rework or taking credit for any ideas/changes. 

You know they literally explained all of the parallels of Revenants abilities and how they relate to vampire powers in the Devstream. Thralls, hypnosis, sleeping, turning into mist. It’s not a coincidence. It was deliberate.

You can’t tell me he’s completely eidolon themed when 3 of his abilities have nothing to do with Eidolons.

Also they again literally said on stream that Reb and Pablo were working on reworks together and Nyx was stumping Reb because it’s her favorite frame but she has no idea how to fix her.

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301

hace 32 minutos, (NSW)SantCruz dijo:

My only concern is that his 2 and 3 don't do anything unless his 1 had been used. This was the same issue that Wisp's 3 originally had when she was first shown before I they changed it to what it is now. Hopefully, there is some function to his 2 and 3 on their own.

I hope DE adds an acid spitting function to the 3 then, kind of like the Space Marines.

2 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

You know they literally explained all of the parallels of Revenants abilities and how they relate to vampire powers in the Devstream. Thralls, hypnosis, sleeping, turning into mist. It’s not a coincidence. It was deliberate.

You can’t tell me he’s completely eidolon themed when 3 of his abilities have nothing to do with Eidolons.

Also they again literally said on stream that Reb and Pablo were working on reworks together and Nyx was stumping Reb because it’s her favorite frame but she has no idea how to fix her.

Just means they have a lot of overlap, which I agree they do, but it remains coincidental. Revenants thralls are based off the miniature eidolon shards / vomvalyst that Eidolons conjure as their kind of minion army. Revenants three is based off the Vomvalyst charge/tackle. His ult is a vibrant laser shown which was meant to be in theme with how vibrant and flashy and energy projectile based Sentients tend to be. His two is probably the only not notably Eidolon themed move, and it doesn't come across as vampiric either, it's just a weird bullet sponge shield that I guess maybe they think is akin to the void shield for Eidolons, no idea. But overall there is consistency with the Eidolon theme full well. 

So 3 of his abilities have to do with Eidolons, 2 can be seen a vampiric, and one is just eh. 

And I don't believe Pablo worked on Nyx either so er...he doesn't do small scale reworks and number tweaks, he does redesigns that push frames in new directions or bust and Nyx's rework wasn't a redesign.  Nor was even the one for Titania. Can you provide citation on where they said Pablo was doing the Nyx rework? 

2 hours ago, Cubewano said:

Just means they have a lot of overlap, which I agree they do, but it remains coincidental. Revenants thralls are based off the miniature eidolon shards / vomvalyst that Eidolons conjure as their kind of minion army. Revenants three is based off the Vomvalyst charge/tackle. His ult is a vibrant laser shown which was meant to be in theme with how vibrant and flashy and energy projectile based Sentients tend to be. His two is probably the only not notably Eidolon themed move, and it doesn't come across as vampiric either, it's just a weird bullet sponge shield that I guess maybe they think is akin to the void shield for Eidolons, no idea. But overall there is consistency with the Eidolon theme full well. 

So 3 of his abilities have to do with Eidolons, 2 can be seen a vampiric, and one is just eh. 

And I don't believe Pablo worked on Nyx either so er...he doesn't do small scale reworks and number tweaks, he does redesigns that push frames in new directions or bust and Nyx's rework wasn't a redesign.  Nor was even the one for Titania. Can you provide citation on where they said Pablo was doing the Nyx rework? 

Just because Thralls have a little vombalyst symbol above their head doesn’t automatically make it one. Vombalysts don’t need to be turned to the Eidolons side, they’re already on the Eidolons side. A more fitting ability would be for Revenant to just summon a swarm of Vombys.

Reave didn’t get that dash animation until a week after his release. Because the original animation was an ugly flat wall of mist. Because vampires turn into mist.

Danse Macabre is indeed his only Eidolon themed ability. But it was added late in his development because his original 4 was an AOE sleep. And after Revs reveal Steve said that the Eidolon frame actually needs Eidolon abilities. So it was replaced with Danse Macabre.

oh good so we agree that his 2 doesn’t fit the theme. That saves you about 2 sentences you’d have to read

You don’t believe Pablo worked on Nyx. I mean the way she turned out you can switch that “believe” to a “know”.

But both him and Rebecca were said to be looking at reworking frames together. Whether or not anything of substance came from it is unknown. But if Nyx’s and Titania's reworks are anything to go by the answer is “no”.

18 hours ago, Haranthus said:

So ... instead of the awesome Oni theme that was suggested a few months ago ... you made him a walking fat joke about eating, puking, farting and rolling ...

Wow ... great ... so much for the positivism shown around Hildryn.  Heavy guys can't get the same respect?  I mean you guys just laughed the whole time he was being shown.

1. He literally fits Oni theme though.

2. He's also a gluttony-based Frame. 

3. I don't recall a single thing- not a single thing- about farting. Please, do correct me if I am wrong. 

They aren't making fun of overweight people. 

People were laughing at the jokes, the shenanigans, the way Reb rolled at lightspeed down the hill.

People weren't laughing because "lmao fat man funny" they were laughing because the situation was genuinely amusing and unexpected. 

He really is an Oni. He is reminiscent of Kirby, and also the Pokemon Guzzlord. Both of which are... eating-based.

This is one of my favorite male Warframe designs and I can't wait to get my hands on him. 

hace 2 minutos, Sea_Blue_Stars dijo:

People were laughing at the jokes, the shenanigans

Standard Devstream since the dawn of time 😄

hace 2 minutos, Sea_Blue_Stars dijo:

This is one of my favorite male Warframe designs and I can't wait to get my hands on him. 

Kinky.

On 2019-08-17 at 1:09 PM, Xepthrichros said:

Oni theme. Some people suggest links between Oni and "hungry ghosts".

But what exactly do you expect it to be? Demon raging fire? A boring fat male ember? Or another Rhino-type thing? Hell no. Hard pass. Boring. Been there. Seen that.

I much prefer what they showed off. Heck, it's exactly what I was expecting the very moment I saw fat frame several devstreams ago. A frame that eats and eats and eats. Heck I wish it could open a portal and eat everything in a straight line (like a reverse Wisp beam, instead of blasting the sun out, he sucks enemies all in and digests and kills them).

I don't know what disrespect you are talking about. This dude looks amazing and I will probably even buy him with plat instead of farm him normally when he releases. Your "disrespect" is in your own mind and your own projection. 

I find the character known as Gluttony from Full Metal Alchemist to be cool as well, and this warframe will approximate that character.

But of course, people on these forums will complain and attempt to kill any ideas before they even get realized. 

Well said, He's a pretty original idea and seems really fun to play. If people feel insulted about something like this, they should really resolve their weight issue, so that they dont feel that insecure.

So this whole thread exists as a complaint because Grendel is fat and OP thinks people are laughing at him for that? Wack...

Personally, I'm not feeling his 1 and 2.

• His 1 clashes with his 3 when it comes to shooting out enemies.
  • Not a fan of the buffs he grants. Armor buff, cool. Energy orb buff, too rng reliant. Toxin explosion, I'm guessing it's going to be proced on melee hit, because getting proced on projectile damage seems pretty useless if the range is large enough.

I'm really hoping he turns out ok. I'm honestly more hyped for him than for Gauss.

Edit: It looks like DE didn't learn much from Nezha's self CC-ing being a very big reason he was so bad in his early days.

Edited by Blexander

There's like only 2 archetypes of gluttonous characters though, extremely skinny or overly rotund. Either way they both are extremely voracious.

On 2019-08-17 at 5:44 AM, Haranthus said:

Heavy guys can't get the same respect

I feel like they shouldn't, any motivation to get healthy is fair.

hace 3 minutos, -Bv-Concarne dijo:

There's like only 2 archetypes of gluttonous characters though, extremely skinny or overly rotund. Either way they both are extremely voracious.

So Inaros would be an example of a skinny one.

hace 3 minutos, -Bv-Concarne dijo:

I feel like they shouldn't, any motivation to get healthy is fair.

I think heavy guys should get respect if they do something worthy of it.

Respect shouldn't be given for what you are, but earned for what you do.

But yes, promoting a healthy body is a good thing (so long as it's done by encouraging someone to get fit rather than shaming them for not being so, but that's my personal view on the matter)

Grendel, from Beowful, has frequently described as surprisingly agile considering his bulky size. Not as an Oni. 

People get so caught up by the "theme" of a frame that they forget to pay attention to if a frame is even effective. He seems appropriately built, and his abilities seem effective. I'm looking forward to him.

What people should really remember is that this is DE. Until the day of launch, just assume that literally everything you think you know about upcoming content is completely irrelevant and frequently subject to change.

I was more interested in abilities and both Gauss and Grendel look like throw away frames.

DE has been putting too much priority on theme and not enough on a frame's role and purpose in the game.

Gauss looks like a kit based around just keeping his 4th ability up while Grendel... I don't even know what that was.

It wouldn't be that off if Grendel was a walking fat joke because the game is a joke. How I miss the dark atmosphere Sci-fi days...