Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hydrolyst in Nightwave...

Uthak

Hello!

I think putting Hydrolyst into Nightwave was a pretty bad idea. A good chunk of players either don't have the gear or the knowledge or both for these fights. I tried to find a group on recruit, no go, also recruit became so spammy it was pretty hard to find a group, I went with randoms, we barely downed the Teralyst.

Too many newbies go without knowing the fights, and some players don't like boosting leechers or newbies on their own. 1-2 ppl per group is fine, but when you are the only 1...

It would have been MORE than sufficient if the weekly elite was the Teralyst instead, then even noobs have a shot at it, and players who want to farm Tridolon can farm in peace too.

Edited by Uthak
grammar

While its not too difficult to get a team together, you should not really be doing PuGs in such a thing in the first place, now I kown most of the comments just be: Go Solo or make a team, but I do agree that a good chunk of players, more so players do not have good gear or kown how to fight. I even have friends, who been playing a while don't have the gear set up yet.

15.000 kills is also a bit of a overkill, as they are not effected by Aiffny Range

• Like 1

if you start right at dusk it is enough to have one person with decent equip, a plan and depending on how much grief they want to save themselfs playing trin to have bless covered on the lures.
I think it is a fairly decent idea, since in theory it encourages trying for something. in practice everyone, experience or not, wants 5x3, vs, 200+ captures

• Like 1

Just now, Circle_of_Psi said:

While its not too difficult to get a team together, you should not really be doing PuGs in such a thing in the first place, now I kown most of the comments just be: Go Solo or make a team, but I do agree that a good chunk of players, more so players do not have good gear or kown how to fight. I even have friends, who been playing a while don't have the gear set up yet.

15.000 kills is also a bit of a overkill, as they are not effected by Aiffny Range

NORMALLY it is not hard to get a team, when most people aren't trying to get into a Tridolon hunt. If you have a clan, or a preset group, good for you...

Otherwise it sucks, and usually, under normal circumstances I can easily do Tridolon with randoms.

1 minute ago, Dark_Lugia said:

The reason is:
unknown.png
even if i wouldn´t say that elite content...

And if you don´t want leechers go and find a premade squad?

As I said... Now EVERYONE is looking for premade groups to be boosted through...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Uthak said:

NORMALLY it is not hard to get a team, when most people aren't trying to get into a Tridolon hunt. If you have a clan, or a preset group, good for you...

Otherwise it sucks, and usually, under normal circumstances I can easily do Tridolon with randoms.

Exclay, of course I can try my best to get a good team, but not meny players (or pals) play Warframe anymore.(Content drought). So it all depends on luck and finding the right team

3 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

if you start right at dusk it is enough to have one person with decent equip, a plan and depending on how much grief they want to save themselfs playing trin to have bless covered on the lures.
I think it is a fairly decent idea, since in theory it encourages trying for something. in practice everyone, experience or not, wants 5x3, vs, 200+ captures

You forget how many leechers are in this game.

• Like 1

vor 12 Minuten schrieb Uthak:

As I said... Now EVERYONE is looking for premade groups to be boosted through...

I you go public (via bounty or just going on the plains) it´s your own risk. (randoms can be anything from newbies to veterans.)

But witha premade squad from the recru it´s always fine. Just say how many captures you want to do and you´ll find a squad that suits you.

Edited by Dark_Lugia

41 minutes ago, Uthak said:

Hello!

I think putting Hydrolyst into Nightwave was a pretty bad idea. A good chunk of players either don't have the gear or the knowledge or both for these fights. I tried to find a group on recruit, no go, also recruit became so spammy it was pretty hard to find a group, I went with randoms, we barely downed the Teralyst.

Too many newbies go without knowing the fights, and some players don't like boosting leechers or newbies on their own. 1-2 ppl per group is fine, but when you are the only 1...

It would have been MORE than sufficient if the weekly elite was the Teralyst instead, then even noobs have a shot at it, and players who want to farm Tridolon can farm in peace too.

Gonna have to disagree to an extent.

It's listed as an elite weekly challenge, so really noobs shouldn't be able to do that, especially if you run the public bounty from Konzu.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rawbeard said:

no, those simply do no matter when you premake the group. which you should, obviously

You do not get the point, "obviously." Accessability is the issue. Any other game content noobs can get done with some effort, but many of them will struggle with this, as well as annoy others. As I said, if you run it with your clan, good for you. If you can manage to get into a GOOD premade team, good for you, but otherwise, you'll suffer.

2 minutes ago, Uthak said:

but many of them will struggle with this

yes, and? as I said, you need just one player who is somewhat decent to carry the remaining noobs through the encounter, helping them "gear up" faster and get some expertise. you don't need a good premade team, you need 3 people who manage to loot and then insert shards.

3 hours ago, (XB1)Zweimander said:

Its an elite weekly not meant to be completed by everyone... GET OVER IT!

Still doesn't hide the fact that it straight out blocks you from doing previous elites you missed. I for example missed a lot of mission from the first two weeks. Now, my missions were blocked by that stupid "Kill the Profit Taker" and now they will be blocked with the Hydrolyst. Every other elite mission is easily done, but those two require preparing for literally weeks before even trying them unless you want to be a leech. Farming fortuna standing to maximum alone to kill the profit taker takes a lot of time

Edited by Gandalf_White

2 hours ago, Gandalf_White said:

Still doesn't hide the fact that it straight out blocks you from doing previous elites you missed. I for example missed a lot of mission from the first two weeks. Now, my missions were blocked by that stupid "Kill the Profit Taker" and now they will be blocked with the Hydrolyst. Every other elite mission is easily done, but those two require preparing for literally weeks before even trying them unless you want to be a leech. Farming fortuna standing to maximum alone to kill the profit taker takes a lot of time

So farm and get it done for later then. I for one like that some stuff is locked behind more grind then the basic stuff. So either put in the time, or just forget about it because you dont even need to do all the challenges. Did you come here expecting people to pity you and bag DE to change it just for you and the other people complaining? Because if so you aint gonna get it XD

Elite- a select group that is superior in terms of ability or qualities to the rest of a group or society. 

New players are USUALLY not included in this group until they have learned the ropes. There are challenges for all groups, we cannot expect to make Elite challenges easier just so the new players can complete them. Their time will come. 

• Like 3

En 20/8/2019 a las 16:15, fatpig84 dijo:

Even if you skip Hydrolyst, next week is still fine because Season 2 ain't ending anytime soon yet™

As a MR23 I can’t do the mission because when trying to join a team (with time) the game freeze so i lost connection with the host. But I need less than 1K so today I get to rank 30

On 2019-08-20 at 10:43 AM, Gandalf_White said:

Farming fortuna standing to maximum alone to kill the profit taker takes a lot of time

Like, say, the amount of time you had between the Season 1 "Kill Profit-taker" challenge and now...?

For players that just started playing, they have between now and Season 3 🙂 

On 2019-08-19 at 8:41 AM, Dark_Lugia said:

The reason is:
unknown.png
even if i wouldn´t say that elite content...

And if you don´t want leechers go and find a premade squad?

This. 

We all know DE is only concerned with casuals and new players, and for them, this "challenge" is hard.  If they can't do it then that means they haven't played enough to get weapons/gear let alone finish the second dream or war within. 

My issue is the 30min night cycle. Did a fantastic teralyst run with randos... and one person went fishing instead of placing his shard. This means another 2 hours before I can try again. Extremely frustrating. The tri-cap is time-consuming, and only having 30min means you only get one shot per 2.5 hours, which one troll or AFKer can ruin incredibly easily.