Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Did they just nerfed speedy Volt just because of Gauss???

Nitro747

6 hours ago, Genitive said:

Haven't checked it yet, but it might feel slower because of this change:

Fixed Warframe legs moving incredibly fast with multiple movement speed buffs applied. You will still move as quickly, but your run animation will look better!

Otherwise it's probably a bug.

But yeah, let's just assume nerfs immediately.

Yeah man, the goofy Speedrunner/Sonic leg animation was literally 50% of the reason why I loved speedyvolt

I'm inclined to think its just our imagination because they removed this "feature". But I still have some doubts regarding that, after all, they did some shady shadow nerfs in the past too 😧

11 hours ago, Whitestrake0 said:

You might be suffering from a placebo effect? Idk what to call it.

Nocebo is the opposite of placebo, wherein you expect something to be worse or fail and thus are more likely to see it that way. This can result in actual medication not working simply because you don't think it will.

Loosely applicable here, but as with placebo it's main usage lies within the realms of medicine.

Il y a 11 heures, BloodKitten a dit :

volt = electricity for me, it was never really about speed, so.... *shrugs*

You modded it wrong then.

About VOLT NERF:

I consider, the nerf of the speed legs animations that was scaling with strength, a NERF of the warframe, exactly, since it break my FUN.

It's like a deteriorated version of Volt that i'm playing now, like before it was 8/10 and now 4/10 rated. All my fun is gone.

Hoping for some change back.

Maybe after the GAUSS sales (lol).

Edited by Alpha56

6 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

No they didnt. Have been playing him in Disruption. The only thing he doesnt seem to be doing is the sily animation of the legs doing the crazy movement.

The Warframe not doing the super fast running animations and not having the sounds of TUTUTUTUTUTUTUTUTUTUTUUTUTU ever time you step 5 feet make him seem slow. The running animation seems to be capped, but the speed itself? Not that I've felt.

Ty!

1 minute ago, (NSW)Austee said:

smart. 

And smarter. 

its fun to nuke a room, also, you have all those mods, why not just use your own build and play it your way? that is what i am doing.

i dont care if 90% want to effect everyone and thier grandmother with a boost people might not want, i'll just use my own build where i am helping the team with damage or supporting with shields.

• Like 1

I'll never understand people who hate speed.

1. You can backflip out of it 

inb4 "volts spams it"

2. You can use bullet jump. YES, THAT CHANGES THINGS. Volt's speed only affects your sprint. So if you do anything BUT sprint, you'll evade that "awful ability".

And I put that in quotes, cause I love to have a speed volt on my team in most missions.

I don't understand how anyone can say that his speed is the same, i've been playing volt most of the day opening relics, the speed is indeed NOT the same, i used to run into walls consistently going at ridiculous speeds, in the whole day i haven't hit any wall due to being slower, i've ran into a whole lot other volts who claim they also feel slower even though they're running max strength builds. The only time i am actually going at speeds that i used to, is when both my 2 is up and i have the buff from opening the relics.

Maybe it's a bug, maybe it's intentional who knows, but it is a fact that volt is indeed slower than before, and no it is not the god damn animation, the animation wasn't the thing making me collide with walls from going too fast.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Genitive said:

Haven't checked it yet, but it might feel slower because of this change:

Fixed Warframe legs moving incredibly fast with multiple movement speed buffs applied. You will still move as quickly, but your run animation will look better!

Otherwise it's probably a bug.

But yeah, let's just assume nerfs immediately.

But I liked the cartoon looking leg movements. 

On a serious note, you're probably correct. I'm just a filthy console peasant, so I'll have to wait a bit to experience what it is myself. I'd hope that, if it is a bug, it'd be fixed by then. But it's probably just the animation and nothing else.

People should read the patch notes before posting potential problems, but I understand the discouragement of these long ass patch notes and most certainly don't expect even a third of the playerbase to read them through, but reading them does prevent potential threads such as this one. 

17 hours ago, Alpha56 said:

Exactly this, but maybe this annoyed some ? Now this annoy the people that like volt, i think for the most.

I think this need some adjustment, like 50% to 75% more speed legs movement that scale with strength as previously.

You knew if you were on the right build by just running, it was awesome, and goofy.

You just felt the strength mods on your volt, by just running. Hoping for improvement, it really did break my fun...

↑ this.

Went to farm Argon yesterday and that slug speed surprised me. "I'm with wrong build", but I wasn't.

I really enjoyed to use volt to open relics, from rescue missions and some farm-run, like Cetus Wisp. But now .. My build is just dead.

Thought that it was something that will be fixed and some hotfix, like the blinding white color on the ship.

RIP

Short answer: No, they didn't.

Long answer: It's a placebo effect. Because they fixed the goofy leg speed, it makes it seem to some people that he's been nerfed. He hasn't. I tested my speedy boi build in the plains and he's still clearing the same distance in the same time that he was before the patch.

No matter if it is imagination or an actual stealth nerf, speed Volt still needs to be purged in fire and flames.

He brings absolutely no benefit to the group, you pretty much neglect everything that makes the frame useful in order to focus on one single skill that makes you go fast. Only place I can see a slight use for him is in solo capture or possibly rescue. Everywhere else he's an unwanted plague.

Glad they changed the Benny Hill on crack movement animation too. It really did not fit in with the game as a whole and the more smooth and "realistic" animations. It is something that should have been changed years ago.

Everyone in this thread calling people stupid and bad at the game because they build Volt as an AoE ability frame, or find Volts annoying when they spam their obnoxious speed buff every 5 seconds (even when it doesn't actually do anything to speed up the mission) need to chill out.

Edited by CephKaron

5 minutes ago, NoSpax said:

How do you guys even check he's slower? Based on the movement of his feet or actual measuring using two waypoints and a stopclock?

My guess; They don't, a combination of placebo and mandela effects. People assume something got stealth nerfed even if there is no tangible comparison nor proof, and are just taking some random forum post at face value as reason to bring out the pitchforks.

7 minutes ago, CephKaron said:

Everyone in this thread calling people stupid and bad at the game because they build Volt as an AoE ability frame, or find Volts annoying when they spam their obnoxious speed buff every 5 seconds (even when it doesn't actually do anything to speed up the mission) need to chill out.

4 minutes ago, CephKaron said:

My guess; They don't, a combination of placebo and mandela effects. People assume something got stealth nerfed even if there is no tangible comparison nor proof, and are just taking some random forum post at face value as reason to bring out the pitchforks.

Geez, I think you're the only one around here who needs to chill out. Here, take this Glaxion.

14 minutes ago, NoSpax said:

How do you guys even check he's slower? Based on the movement of his feet or actual measuring using two waypoints and a stopclock?

No idea. The best way would be if we had 2 videos showing before and after the update.

Just now, Kaotyke said:

No idea. The best way would be if we had 2 videos showing before and after the update.

^ that'd be the only way to really compare. So far it is just a gut feeling and its probably a reduced speedyness perception because they removed the cartoon legs animation 😞

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Nitro747:

^ that'd be the only way to really compare. So far it is just a gut feeling and its probably a reduced speedyness perception because they removed the cartoon legs animation 😞

And the missing tunnelview FOV change, which implies speed.

• Like 1