Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

nightwave season 2 episode 4

Ramflax

Infested are great, and they got some really good creepy factor going on here. The wolf was a cool enemy but the story was all over the place for what was going on. This seems to actually be following a point by point esk structure. And i wana know what happens next lol

I think it is to give the players more time being hunted by those 2 Devotees. The first few episodes we had them helping and getting us back in the fight. Now we got them messing up goals by attacking us and Mobile Defense targets, Extractors, and allowing all the scans to get done.

When it does hit, I look forward to seeing what we are gonna face this time. Not gonna lie- I miss having the ones that got us up and fought by us.

Question for those who do Syndicate runs- have you had the Devotees show up to fight with the Syndicate agents yet? Who wins most times if you don't attack?

It was pretty clear something was fishy at the start.

And i got vibes right from the get go.  Its like the catholic church or really any religion in history using propaganda to manipulate people.

The infestation decided to use peaceful means and religion to infect people. Rather then brute force. But at some point everyone that was cured will turn full zombie. And kenga and arlo are just ring leaders. They'll probably combine into some hidious boss monster we can kill for loot for a week at the end of this season.

There are 4 types of people in the world you never trust.  Lawyers, the religious, politicans, and the very wealthy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ramflax said:

its been about 2-3 weeks since we got episode 3.

It's actually been more than a month since Episode 3.

Epsiode 2 came out short of two weeks after Tennocon (Series 2 got launched)

Episdoe 3 came out 3 weeks later. There is this leak thanks to the subreddit:

Spoiler

23zj8gztkfk31.jpg?width=1024&auto=webp&s=5135d156fd87aaafdcef2a318f27b794b5ba6e8b

I do hope something menancing happens soon.

• Like 1

I think it just kinda got DElayed to push out mainline (which other than some weird lighting issues has been surprisingly solid for a mainline as far as I can tell) for the bug squishing for that DElaying the bug squishing for Episode 4, and then the long weekend happened... It will likely land this week if I had to guess.

Edited by squirrel_killer-

3 hours ago, Ramflax said:

Infested are great, and they got some really good creepy factor going on here. The wolf was a cool enemy but the story was all over the place for what was going on. This seems to actually be following a point by point esk structure. And i wana know what happens next lol

I came in late, so I never really experienced The Wolf, but when I looked into him...I found myself asking why they wasted such an awesome character on a temporary antagonist when they could have made him an anti-hero that we occasionally work with and, at times, come to odds with. The most badass Grineer, a defector, has zero ties to Steel Meridian. Oof...

Regardless, has anyone noticed that Nora is acting strange?

She's much more distant, short, and aloof after the most recent patches...which many may have not noticed since plenty of us completed it already. I don't know, but I'm pretty sure she's acting strange...

15 minutes ago, TenebraeAeterna said:

Yeah I've noticed this. She keeps being really monosyllabic, saying "Hey" and "See ya". There was once when I completed a challenge and she virtually said the equivalent of "whatever".

4 minutes ago, iLightning13 said:

Yeah I've noticed this. She keeps being really monosyllabic, saying "Hey" and "See ya". There was once when I completed a challenge and she virtually said the equivalent of "whatever".

Exactly. It's almost like Arlo's gotten to her too...

Some of the more lengthy and engaging dialog is popping up now...but it's dwarfed by this strange aloofness that makes me wonder if there's going to be something in the plot related to her.

55 minutes ago, TenebraeAeterna said:

Thank you !!

I thought i was going crazy. I asked clan mates if they noticed anything about it but everyone said she's the same.

After i completed the 10 syndicate challange she said "Oh well".

After i completed a recovered challange : " i'll be seeing you" (or something in this manner) but with a weird tone in her voice.

Edited by Melkfet
many many typos....

36 minutes ago, TenebraeAeterna said:

Exactly. It's almost like Arlo's gotten to her too...

Some of the more lengthy and engaging dialog is popping up now...but it's dwarfed by this strange aloofness that makes me wonder if there's going to be something in the plot related to her.

I'd be surprised if it was to do with the infested. Only one person has ever been cured (Saladous Vee), and they definitely want NW to go on for a while. Maybe it'll come to fruition in series 3, or maybe even the intermission between series. 

11 minutes ago, Melkfet said:

Thank you !!

I thought i was going crazy. I asked clan mates if they noticed anything about it but everyone said she's the same.

After i completed the 10 syndicate challange she said "Oh well".

After i completed a recovered challange : " i'll be seeing you" (or something in this manner) but with a weird tone in her voice.

Yeah, it's been bothering me for a while now.

2 minutes ago, iLightning13 said:

I'd be surprised if it was to do with the infested. Only one person has ever been cured (Saladous Vee), and they definitely want NW to go on for a while. Maybe it'll come to fruition in series 3, or maybe even the intermission between series. 

Saladous Vee? Who dat?

That said, it would be somewhat weird to have Nora become infested...but who knows. I mean, it's possible that Helminth may even have a part to play...as he's a completely different strain that's subservient to us. We have that little stasis pod in there, we have an infested consciousness that literally created our frames and is willing to obey our every whim. Slightly far-fetched, but she's acting weird as hell, that much is for certain.

50 minutes ago, iLightning13 said:

I'm thinking they just gave her a lot more reply's to break up the over dramatic ones like "the once. and future. bad-ass". Shes a story teller. If they go by her movie origin, she is never involved directly and remains mysterious.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

I'm thinking they just gave her a lot more reply's to break up the over dramatic ones like "the once. and future. bad-ass". Shes a story teller. If they go by her movie origin, she is never involved directly and remains mysterious.

More lines of dialogue should represent the character that has been developed.

In Nora's case, and in my opinion, these new lines do not represent her.

Im may be a twist in the story for later or a big mistake on DE side when they wrote these lines.

4 hours ago, DeathDweller said:

They have extended the season and because this month and maybe the next will be dry as a desert from updates i guess we'll get the 4th episode either on 2 days or next week and final episode 3-5 weeks from now.

Likely This.  Learning from Season 1, they will likely stretch NW as long as needed for Empyrean.

I’m guessing the equivalent of Wolf’s Sledge and Operator Helm drop are coming...

When you couple this with Grendel, it gets DE to a November release date for Empyrean and Christmas release date for The New War...at least for PC anyway....

6 hours ago, TheRealShade said:

No you're not wrong. During S1 it was one episode every 2 weeks, I've got no clue what's going on with this one but it's been way too long since we had episode 3.

I guess it's a safe bet to assume the episodes are being [DE]layed to be synced with some sort of event or new content since someone already posted an image depicting a new item to open a new location.

At this point I can only imagine DE will try to sync each nightwave to something so, if the episodes get delayed, it's time to get the tinfoil hat on.

9 hours ago, prodi1600 said:

I'm still at level 22 in nigthwave, I need more time!!!!!!😭😭

You have the catchup mechanic.  After the mainline update, you don't even need to complete the entire weeks list now to see previous ones.  

Okay. There seems to be a Derelict heading towards Pluto (PC). It seems we have to do three Infested Outbreak missions to get a Derelict Code, at which point we can unlock the Derelict Defense mission. A much more elaborate setup than WoS6, I'll give them that. Looks like it, anyway.

Gonna give it a go now.