Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe 2. Perhaps?

-vnn

7 minutes ago, (XB1)COA Altair said:

Then divide the playerbase, have massive amounts of people quit because they grinded thousands of hours in warframe 1 for stuff that didn't carry over to warframe 2, and then realize that there is NO POINT to warframe 2 because warframe 1 is not the same game as when it was released.  Look at then versus now and several periods in between.  Updates are what shape the game into what it is now, and that's all a hypothetical warframe 2 would be.  Another update that would anger a lot of people when their gear didn't carry over.  If they built a new game from the ground up now it would also extend the content drought even further and NOBODY wants that.  

WF 1 is done. We are living the content drought and believe me it won't get better in the future. 

I have couple of thousand hours in the game, I have pretty much every relevant frame/weapon/cosmetic, you name it.

I would jump to WF 2 in a heartbeat. 

22 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

I haven't read your OP(tldr) but I honestly the only way to save the franchise is actually warframe 2.

Move the plot a little further, drop your open world and then tie all lose ends as much as you can and end the game. In a manner that whatever comes after that would be a fresh start, like a huge timeskip or something.

And then release WF 2, pick off from where you left off in WF 1.

It is either doing like what FFXIV did. Close the game, polish them then re-release them. picking up the story after the first game... which basically the world ended.

But since Warframe do pretty good on the income and F2P model. I don't think they'll just ended the game story soon. Also, there are a lots of games that open like over 10 years and the story still expanding. Even if basically you just playing the game with new characters and new Map and maybe some new mission? But the game are doing good enough to still have story update till today. Mostly because they they expand the side story very far and then just including the side story into main story and then the main story suddenly make more sense. (incase you're wondering what game I'm talking about... It's Granado Espada)

Edit : It's FFFXIV lol

Edited by NocheLuz

6 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

WF 1 is done. We are living the content drought and believe me it won't get better in the future. 

I have couple of thousand hours in the game, I have pretty much every relevant frame/weapon/cosmetic, you name it.

I would jump to WF 2 in a heartbeat. 

Warframe 2 literally solves NONE of the problems this game has.  It is an update based game like world of warcraft and other MMO's that releases content via free patches.  I have over 3K hours in the game as well.  We wait for updates, we play with the updated content and finish it, then we wait for more updates.  That is exactly what would happen with warframe 2 as well.  We'd finish all the available content, then wait for more content.  There are other games out there you know, maybe you shouldn't be playing just one.  Sorry DE isn't a group of genetically modified mutant coders who can program stuff for the game at 100 times the normal rate of normal devs so we can get weekly content updates on the level of empyrean, new war, etc. etc.

Edited by (XB1)COA Altair

4 minutes ago, (XB1)COA Altair said:

Warframe 2 literally solves NONE of the problems this game has.  It is an update based game like world of warcraft and other MMO's that releases content via free patches.  I have over 3K hours in the game as well.  We wait for updates, we play with the updated content and finish it, then we wait for more updates.  That is exactly what would happen with warframe 2 as well.  We'd finish all the available content, then wait for more content.  There are other games out there you know, maybe you shouldn't be playing just one.  Sorry DE isn't a group of genetically modified mutant coders who can program stuff for the game at 100 times the normal rate of normal devs so we can get weekly content updates on the level of empyrean, new war, etc. etc.

The difference is the challenge factor. 

People keep playing the same content over and over again in Warcraft because the reward and the challenge go in hand to hand. We don't have it in WF. Once you play a certain content, it gets old really fast. So the downtime seems alot longer than it does in other games.

Anyways it is pointless to compare the two.

WF 2  would at least have fresh content for 500 hours initially, which is pretty decent. Also resetting certain things would give the devs to come up with more fresh ideas, and honestly, those people are working on the same game for almost 7 years. A fresh start would be better for them too.

Il y a 4 heures, -vnn a dit :

How can Pokemon, a game that has remained the same ever since the first generation came out still sell and still be popular? Literally, every game of the subsequent generation is the same as the previous one.

That's exactly the reason I stopped playing Pokemon and wait for 3-4 generation before playing again and get an actual new game instead of 5 new pokemons.

I just feel like Nintendo customers are overall more casual players and are not demanding enough about what a new game should be. People complain about Call of Duty serie being all the same game (until recently) but don't complain about Pokemon for that same reason.
Also, what make new Pokemon games a thing is the lack of update, so they instead do a new game. Warframe doesn't need that because it's an evolving game and some update can actually bring more than what a new Pokemon game can give some time (I'm looking at you USUM).

So yeah, there is no need for a Warframe 2 unless they do insanely big changes to the game core that actually require to wipe out our progressions, such as big balancing, adding/removing core mechanics, change in how the pogression work, etc...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, White_Matter said:

The difference is the challenge factor. 

People keep playing the same content over and over again in Warcraft because the reward and the challenge go in hand to hand. We don't have it in WF. Once you play a certain content, it gets old really fast. So the downtime seems alot longer than it does in other games.

Anyways it is pointless to compare the two.

WF 2  would at least have fresh content for 500 hours initially, which is pretty decent. Also resetting certain things would give the devs to come up with more fresh ideas, and honestly, those people are working on the same game for almost 7 years. A fresh start would be better for them too.

Except warframe 2 would be the same as warframe 1.  A content based game where you finish all the content then wait for more.  As for 500 hours worth of content initially, how long do you think it would take to develop such a game with 500 hours worth of content to the average gamer?  A few years?  Meaning they drop everything they have planned for warframe 1, start working on the 'new' game, and we get nothing for years.  On top of all that warframe 1 is not definitively done, as we have ZERO MR 30's in the game.  I, and many others, would like to attain MR 30.  But we aren't even close to that number when you factor in the mastery XP to go from 28 to 29 and 29 to 30.  

What exactly would warframe 2 be anyhow, as I can guarantee they would still be launching such a game with a bunch of the exact same warframes from warframe 1 like frost, ember, excal, etc. etc. and I can guarantee they would cut out some warframes from the game and people would be mad over their frame being excluded.  Again, warframe 2 would be the exact same as warframe 1.  It WOULD have content draught for the people who finished everything available same as this one so what grand reasons are there for them to make a warframe 2 that make it unique enough from warframe 1 to get them to work on it.  I do not see it, not when they are releasing massive updates for this game like empyrean, new war, war within, the second dream, etc. etc. over the 7 years this game has been in the hands of the players.  This game has evolved a lot over that time and if you can't see that I can't help you.  

2 minutes ago, (XB1)COA Altair said:

Except warframe 2 would be the same as warframe 1.  A content based game where you finish all the content then wait for more.  As for 500 hours worth of content initially, how long do you think it would take to develop such a game with 500 hours worth of content to the average gamer?  A few years?  Meaning they drop everything they have planned for warframe 1, start working on the 'new' game, and we get nothing for years.  On top of all that warframe 1 is not definitively done, as we have ZERO MR 30's in the game.  I, and many others, would like to attain MR 30.  But we aren't even close to that number when you factor in the mastery XP to go from 28 to 29 and 29 to 30.  

What exactly would warframe 2 be anyhow, as I can guarantee they would still be launching such a game with a bunch of the exact same warframes from warframe 1 like frost, ember, excal, etc. etc. and I can guarantee they would cut out some warframes from the game and people would be mad over their frame being excluded.  Again, warframe 2 would be the exact same as warframe 1.  It WOULD have content draught for the people who finished everything available same as this one so what grand reasons are there for them to make a warframe 2 that make it unique enough from warframe 1 to get them to work on it.  I do not see it, not when they are releasing massive updates for this game like empyrean, new war, war within, the second dream, etc. etc. over the 7 years this game has been in the hands of the players.  This game has evolved a lot over that time and if you can't see that I can't help you.  

WF 2 would or could run into content drought at some point(but that point would vary how the core game is designed). Most games do honestly. But again, it would be a good ride till it does, just like WF 1. 

3 hours ago, (PS4)OriginalEquinox said:

Some more hardcore dungeon boss style missions with lots of enemies and big bosses to fight with a bigger team than the standard 4 man squads would add a lot of fresh air to the game imo, doesn't necessarily need to have a sequel. As you said, the same old loop of content=new gear is not fun anymore. I'm hoping the Tau sector will be the new galaxy you're talking about and Railjack will be a worthwhile challenging mode so let's see

Sounds like trials whit extra steps.

There are large pros and cons to creating a sequel.

The main pro is that it would let DE start fresh in many ways. All the bugs and outdated systems could be made anew. And, most importantly, the massive gap in potential player power could be reduced, and everything could be properly balanced from the beginning. This would allow for some actual challenge to be introduced, and could then offer much more engaging gameplay.

But, it would also mean that all this progress we have all made in Warframe 1 would be lost. Those thousands of hours spent earning all that cool stuff would no longer matter, because to free up enough development resources to make a whole new game, they would definitely have to discontinue this one. Plus, it would probably take several years to get the new one up and running. If you think several months with no new content is bad, how about several years with no Warframe to play at all?

There is also no guarantee that the sequel wouldn't just end up with all the same problems we have now. Bugs and unfinished content slowly piling up. And power creep once again ruining any chance of having a decent challenge.

Really, neither one is a perfect choice. But I think continuing with Warframe as it is is the best choice, at least for the time being. A lot of things may be broken, but its not so bad that the best answer is to tear it all down and start over.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

WF 2 would or could run into content drought at some point(but that point would vary how the core game is designed). Most games do honestly. But again, it would be a good ride till it does, just like WF 1. 

So that's the grand reason to make warframe 2.  To have a fun ride until we wind up in the exact same place.  No thanks, I think I'd prefer to have my intestines ripped out by a velociraptor then have that happen.  

What makes you think a sequel wouldn't succumb to the same issues warframe has right now? If DE suddenly announced a part two and vow to take stay true to whatever fundamental design principles they proclaim they have at that point, I wouldn't believe them. I was at that point before with a game company I trusted. Nah. There's no reason warframe can't be fixed. DE always took pride in throwing out fundamental game mechanics to build them back up.

• Like 1

to me, it feels like Plains was the spiritual start of Warframe 2. The frames look different, the gameplay has taken new directions somewhat. weapons are more complex. Its a very different game. Warframe 1 was a game with organic looking frames, procedural dungeons, guns. Warframe 2 is large open landscapes, cinematic quest, new style of frames, Battle pass, etc.

Edited by Hypernaut1

Stop watching streamers that call anything content draught. yet DE has never shipped as many updates as it did in 2019 this far. We've entirely new tilesets and map reworks along with frames and weapons, Mogamu at this point is just firing at any direction.

Warframe has one main problem. Balance. If there is a meta going on that makes every frame or build look underwhelming, that feeling will apply to every future content the devs try to introduce into the game. I literaly gave up trying to address this subject but it's this simple:

Balance keeps people entertained, trying out different things because they are all worth the time, a player ultimately enters a quest to find him/herself, to find a build he/she is confortable with, not to overpower one, this can be virtually a endless experience. People enjoy that a lot of times without being aware of it. Any new update is a possibility of expanding those options.

Meta does precisely the opposite. Meta is a hype of overkilling stuff, every new content only provides entertainment long enough untill proven underpowered or dismissable. And then they call it 'content draught'. The power fantasy addiction shoved so deep in that place that they don't want to admit it to be the problem.

Edited by Duduminador
  • Like 4