Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I don't think I'll ever be able to get Umbra Forma

Klaleara

3 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

No dude. Did you read the response chain instead of just replying to this post without context? I am experiencing a BUG in which my Umbra forma is NOT AN OPTION TO USE on ANY weapon. I am only provided with the option to choose between regular forma and Umbra forma when polarizing a frame.

I did read it and I'm pretty sure it is intentional because people were accidentally (somehow) putting Umbra formas on primaries and secondaries. Melee weapons were likely just an extension of that.

35 minutes ago, Bioness said:

I did read it and I'm pretty sure it is intentional because people were accidentally (somehow) putting Umbra formas on primaries and secondaries. Melee weapons were likely just an extension of that.

Thank you for clarifying. I don't see dev notes about this anywhere, and the wiki still lists that it can be used anywhere (Sans Sentinels and Archwings) even if there are no mods for it.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Umbra_Forma

The reason I also think it is a bug is because my second one is not available for my Oberon Prime either (Which has one already). It goes straight to standard forma polarization screen like if I didn't have an unused Umbra forma. All of my other frames show the forma selection screen.

Not even slightly. I'm well into the prestige ranks again without putting in much effort. Maybe six or seven hours across the whole season specifically set aside to run content for challenges that I wouldn't have already done.

Bear in mind, I normally hate S#&$ like this. As far as time-sensitive events go, Nightwave is incredibly forgiving. You can not play at all for half the weeks of the season and still not have any real trouble getting all the rewards. Don't forget that they've also dialed back the difficulty so much that there have been "elite" challenges for the top 1% of players to complete... such as finishing four rots of defense or killing 1000 enemies in a week.

10 hours ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

It'll always be tough for someone. That's why there's so much variety in this game. Some enjoy some stuff, some enjoy others. And you can't have all rewards in all modes. Your best hope is that the New War introduces a better and more sustainable way to get them.

Meanwhile, you don't really need such an item yet. Not unless sentients become a common enemy. Plus, nightwave is much more benevolent now than in S1. Now you could even login at R0 this very day and still reach R30 with some effort through the catch-up mechanic. The only ones that don't reach either logged in diring the last week of the season, or didn't want to.

This.

DE is literally STACKING AND EXTENDING AND EXPANDING ways to RECOUP and CHOOSE your point total opportunities.

But if your principles tell you DE is running you like a rat running a maze, well...wait for a different way to obtain them.

• Like 1

My friend who worked the whole week was able to reach 24 in just a few days on off days, probably due to the new catch up content. Just wondering if you are having trouble doing some of the elites one, which somehow discouraged you? I wasn't able to do the hard tasks like profit taker, catching rare fish on Orb Vallis because I have yet to reach Fortuna content. I ignored them completely. I finally hit 30 on mid of Aug even without completing every task given.

For me, most of the rewards are actually obtainable in the game, except the cosmetics one. You don't really have to do it. It is just a video game anyway. 

Edited by HappyFishxas

14 hours ago, (XB1)SixGunLove said:

A Umbra forma bp should be a available drop. Umbra Forma bp could replace the legendary core in sorties for example. Legendary cores are largely insignificant. 

To you maybe. To those of us who don't have billions of endo and trillions of credits, Legendary Cores are still a wonderful thing to get for dealing with Prime Mods. Unfortunately for us, their rarity makes them ridiculously expensive on the market.

23 hours ago, Luciole77 said:

agree! in 2 years i got just 1 legendary core doing sorties all days ! They  need remove some "rewards" like credit booster or kuva(6k or add more kuva like 15k to roll at last 4 times i rolled riven asking for 3,500 kuva....

Yeah...the game is very outdated!🤧

Everybodys wants to get the stuff the easier way....
Because the game doesn't give you what you want, it doen't mean its outdated...
If i say i want a super Kitgun, even ,more powerfull than the catchmoon, is the game fault, (because is outdated), or is it me who wants to make the game easier???
Hummmm........

This was me the first season it stressed me out.  Now after playing for a few more months I had it done in the first 3-4 weeks.  Pick weapons and frames that help with each task and it will make things easier (like Volt on a Capture).  Go Solo for the Sabotage lockers or groups for the Lua puzzles, theres ways around things.    

Check out the dailies and work some of them into ur every day gameplay.  Every week just try to get the easy stuff done here and there and dont stress about it.  Theres plenty of time and DE wants everyone to finish it.  If ur on PC message/friend me and Ill help you with any tasks u need to finish (Hendrix923).  Good luck

7 hours ago, Talinthis said:

Went from rank 0 to 32 in less than a week, Doesnt take long.

How many weeks has nighwave been out? That's how many days I have missed the dailies. Dont bother with them 

To put a fine point on this, there are 5*4500 + 2*7000 = 36500 rep of non-daily rep per week.   Considering take 300k rep to hit rank 30...that is 8.2 weeks with ZERO dailies.  This all "fine and good" for veterans.   But...the people who are "not vets" (e.g. are locked out of some options by rep levels) that will need 30-40k of daily rep which is not a small amount but not terrible.   

I swear, if DE makes it even easier to get umbra forma or makes them purchasable with platinum then I am done with this game, it would be officially killing any motivation to do any of the content when I can just throw my wallet at any tough grinding, I find they have been sneaking that into the game, I would rather more in game rewards to harder/higher level content then the option being just to throw plat at the problem,  I feel like with Destiny 2 going to steam DE needs to be careful with alienating any of the player base, however bending over backwards to casuals at every chance they get just leaves the rest of us that are further into the game just shaking our heads, don't worry kiddos you don't want to grind for your rail jack ship? just give us money and we'll give you the best ship platinum can buy, perfect for those people who don't want to join a guild.

This isn't even about catering to casuals. Getting the Umbral Forma isn't hard. It doesn't take a lot of time investment. It's almost impossible to miss out on if you play at all. Anyone can get it.

Zitat

it really isn't even hard.  But it's a massive psychological hit for whatever reason (I'm no neuro sciencey smart person).  And the fact that what I always want (In the current case, just the Forma, and the Operator suit would be cool.  But I could live without the suit) is so far into the tree, it destroys my hope.

Complaints about the Nightwave system are the first instance I've seen where I honestly believe that people are just whining about not getting instant gratification. The issue isn't that getting it is a lot of effort, the issue is that getting it takes three months.

Well actually Ill be working a lot and got all the nightwave completed and Im not even a veteran, so I dont think its impossible I also Umbra its not mandatory to kill sentient, I die some but I can defend myself in Lua once you get the operator you need just to farm focus to make him more useful at the end you wont even need the umbra, this looks more like instant gratification complain than anything.