Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Incoming Riven disposition update in October 1st/2nd

Jarriaga

16 minutes ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

I hope they do give up on this.

They've created a system where op cheeseball rivens can sell for an insane amount of plat, only to get nerfed into the ground. And then other players gleefully S#&$ on them for being dumb enough to give digital extremes money.

That's not something DE can control without price fixing. That's a direct consequence of having a free market regardless of the item type that is being sold. Do you want a trading cap when selling Rivens? If not, how do you propose fixing that considering that a "Riven" can be replaced with any item people perceive to be valuable?

I personally propose making Rivens player-bound/untradable in order to fix that, and then watch the flood of complaints about how hard it is to get any Riven for a weapon you like considering the potential Riven pool farm of over 400 weapons when you can only obtain 1 per day at most if you are lucky.

What's your proposed solution?

I get what they were trying to do "counter the meta" and I get that part of the reason this is currently an issue is because they went for so long without adjusting dispo at all but I'm noticing a pattern where new weapon gets introduced, new weapon is good, new weapon is really OP with a good riven because supply and demand exists, this goes on for awhile and BOOM. Nerfed in the next prime access. Nerfed to the point where a lot of people wouldn't have paid what they did if it started out with the low dispo to begin with.

Well, new weapons are released in between Prime Access releases. Are you suggesting they should just ignore their disposition simply because they are new weapons?

Examples: kitgun rivens, especially catchmoon, fulmin etc.

If anything new weapons should start with a craply dispo and either stay there or be brought up.

Now that's a good proposal in order to address that specific concern. I like this idea.

it seems scummy to me as it is now.

It looks fair to me. It's working as advertised.

Edited by Jarriaga

1 minute ago, (NSW)Sk0rp1on said:

If you think farming kuva is a scam I have really bad news about the rest of the game.

i mean 1h for 10 sec of rolls and when u lucky to hit the jack pot "meta shift" hits :laugh:

whats worse is releasing new op weapons with high dispo just to nerf in the next few months

3 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

Well, I suppose it depends on what your definition of "positive" entails in this case. Personally, I think it can be neat at times just for the fun of it. A mediocre weapon I like (Boltor) got a small buff in the last update.

Boltor used to be the most used full auto rifle along with the Soma series, and at one point were considered among the best primaries. Telos Boltor and Boltor prime are both better weapons generally than a Gorgon Wraith.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)jaggerwanderer said:

Here's to all those that bought their daiyku riven at high prices only for it to go down in disposition. I'm still wondering if Rubico disposition can go any lower. And how long will that take.

It can go to 0.5 dispo, dunno if it can go lower than that.

31 minutes ago, (PS4)AllOrNothinDays said:

How often is the kohm used? I have a good riven for it and it goes untouched and I've never seen anyone using the kohm other than myself.

Kohm is a weird one, it's an okay-ish weapon on its own but if you get a Riven to push it past 100% status chance, it becomes godly. The line is so thin that DE specifically said that they won't touch its disposition.

Edited by Guest

4 hours ago, VotumPrime said:

Don’t rely on rivens and just go with the most OP weapons.

Yeah, don't use Prisma Gorgon, it's not one of those OP weapons. It totally needs a higher disposition (more black balls).

Edited by nslay
Disambiguate

4 minutes ago, Zeniistar said:

Wait what is the reason why Riven mods still exist if they keep nerfing it every 3 months?  

To make non-meta weapons more viable. That was always the main purpose of Rivens, they just neglected the regular disposition chances for a long time which led to the exact opposite. Some already crazy good weapons like Tiberon Prime had perfect dispos while the likes of Soma still had bad dispos pushing them even deeper into irrelevancy.

2 minutes ago, Pr1A said:

To make non-meta weapons more viable. That was always the main purpose of Rivens, they just neglected the regular disposition chances for a long time which led to the exact opposite. Some already crazy good weapons like Tiberon Prime had perfect dispos while the likes of Soma still had bad dispos pushing them even deeper into irrelevancy.

But almost every Weapon is MR fodder

2 minutes ago, Zeniistar said:

But almost every Weapon is MR fodder

Arguably yes, but allowing meta weapons to have super good dispositions would just enforce the meta even further. Disposition changes can shake things up at least somewhat.

Edited by Guest

5 minutes ago, Pr1A said:

Arguably yes, but allowing meta weapons to have super good dispositions would just enforce the meta even further. Disposition changes can shake things up at least somewhat.

Why not buff MR fodder dispositions then? I always read nerfs nerfs and more nerfs. This is lazy 

3 minutes ago, Zeniistar said:

I always read nerfs nerfs and more nerfs.

Then you are being extremely selective in your reading. The previous dispo changes had 27 buffs and 21 nerfs.

As a cultured man who’s has been maiming the daikyu for 3 years now pls don’t nerf my riven.

I live a simple life you see. Me ash prime and my daikyu. I found my little riven during a sortie and rerolled it till i got146cc 158cd 120cold and -55 zoom. I looked at this new toy for my good ol boy and cried. I reckon he was just as excited as me. When I gave it to the boy the quiver lighted up in excitement. I could tell he loved that good ol toy and I did too. I fed my boy 7 forma that day. Although that was a little to much and I reckon he only needed about 5, he sure did enjoy them fixings so he could enjoy his new toy to the fullest. All my friends told me to put my daikyu down. They told me to go get a dread.

”it’ll do you better”

”that dread there he’s a real beauty he can do wonders”

”it’s time to put your daikyu down bud. It just ain’t a good for you as them other bows”

well I’d look at them. My boy would look at them and we’d just smile. The face wed make had a distinct look and you could tell we were gonna say

”well let’s go out into mot and see if the boy can outlast you.”

and we did everytime.

Me and my boy have been though a lot of people telling me he just ain’t the one. And after this good ol buff everyone been getting their own. 

We’re happy to see more of our kind even if it’s just because y’all wanna be on the meta train.

but my boys scared

he ain’t never been this strong before and I reckon he like it a little too much. That toy I got him is his favorite please DE don’t go messing with. My boys favorite toy. It’ll break my heart and his to know after all this y’all goin take my boy toy away and hollow it out?. Please don’t thats all I ask

sincerely

- simple Sweatshawp 

33 minutes ago, Pr1A said:

Honestly they change riven disposition based on popularity primarily. We both know this though. So until they stray away from popularity and actual usefulness of the weapon we’re never going to get anything to really shake the meta up 

4 hours ago, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

After a certain point rivens provide the only meaningful thing in the game to grind for for a very large number of players.  Kuva survival is the biggest time sink the game has.  Rolling rivens is usually crushingly dissapointing and yet huge numbers put themselves through it because they feel there's nothing else left for them to do.

And considering a player having rivens on their weapons makes absolutely no difference to you or your gameplay your comment shows what an entitled little snowflake you are that you're looking forward with glee to your fellow players being hit with even more disappointment. 

You don't like rivens, fine, ignore them, don't use them.  Slavering at the prospect of fellow players feeling genuine disappointment at their best rivens being nerfed that maybe cost them dozens of hours grinding kuva?   That's toxic af. 

If they rolled them, yes.  But to his point, I believe the entitled little snowflakes he's referring to are the plat farmers selling stuff for 3k plat they know well will eventually be nerfed...I also love that DE keeps this in check.  If it weren't for the incredibly toxic riven trade market, and you HAD to roll your rivens, I'd be more apt to agree with you, but you can't tell me the current riven market isn't a blight to the game.

6 minutes ago, i_am-backswing said:

If they rolled them, yes.  But to his point, I believe the entitled little snowflakes he's referring to are the plat farmers selling stuff for 3k plat they know well will eventually be nerfed...I also love that DE keeps this in check.  If it weren't for the incredibly toxic riven trade market, and you HAD to roll your rivens, I'd be more apt to agree with you, but you can't tell me the current riven market isn't a blight to the game.

The market of Rivens may be set by people who own Rivens but it’s also controlled by those who buy them. There’s people buying those Rivens for 3k plat if. Not they’d be selling for lower. The highest I’ve seen on console is ab 1.3-1.5k and once people realize nobody’s paying a prime access for a riven modd they lower their prices 

Good. will finally be able to afford a Fulmin riven. I wish they would make the bad weapons rivens better though. So many bad weapons in the game that could use some love. 

In the end though, I hate the rivens.. They are all so lame. Would trade all my best ones for some unique effects and not just stat dumps.