Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Incoming Riven disposition update in October 1st/2nd

Jarriaga

Just now, (NSW)Sk0rp1on said:

Witnessing the misery of riven dispo changes is true endgame. Gonna make some popcorn!

Sadly, my office's microwave is currently busted, so I won't be able to make some popcorn.

Still, I'll be reading the comments with a nice cup of coffee.

19 minutes ago, PurrrningBoop said:

Dunno, I'm feeling pretty confident that everybody will handle the disposition changes adequately. 🙃

I'm certain DE appreciate your faith in humanity.

Edited by Jarriaga

It's quite sad really.

So many players actively drooling at the prospect of their fellow tenno being disappointed.

The weeks spent grinding kuva survival to get even close to the riven you were after completely ignored.

Actively participating in one of the few end game activities sneered at.

I've said it before, if you don't like rivens that's cool, I understand your argument.  Wallowing in the disappointment of others though?  Toxic af.

Just now, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

It's quite sad really.

So many players actively drooling at the prospect of their fellow tenno being disappointed.

The weeks spent grinding kuva survival to get even close to the riven you were after completely ignored.

Actively participating in one of the few end game activities sneered at.

I've said it before, if you don't like rivens that's cool, I understand your argument.  Wallowing in the disappointment of others though?  Toxic af.

I spent 315K Kuva this weekend rolling my Imperator riven and didn't get the stats I wanted. I ran out of Kuva and Vitus essence to buy Kuva in the process.

Still I am fine with that, because I know what I was getting into. And so should you, because you are explicitly warned about the conditions for using and rolling Rivens.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

I spent 315K Kuva this weekend rolling my Imperator riven and didn't get the stats I wanted. I ran out of Kuva and Vitus essence to buy Kuva in the process.

Still I am fine with that, because I know what I was getting into. And so should you, because you are explicitly warned about the conditions for using and rolling Rivens.

Personally, I'm fine with the changes, I know they can/will change over time.

What is disappointing is so many players looking forward with absolute glee to their fellow tenno basically getting kicked in the nuts after they've worked bloody hard to get the stats they want.  Whether that be grinding kuva themselves,  grinding things to sell for plat to just buy the riven, or, god forbid, spending money in the game to just buy plat thereby helping keep afloat the game you're playing.

But yeah, let's just put on our sneers and act all superior.  Like I said, that attitude is toxic af.

1 hour ago, --DSP--Jetstream said:

Exactly, now why even bother with rivens? Waste of time and effort.

Maybe because it gives a large number of players something to actually focus on and do?  Let's face it, after a certain point the game doesn't have much challenge in it and running about on the star map doing 5-10 minute missions where enemies die in droves from a hard sneeze gets a bit samey after a while.

And if you don't like it personally, you know what, that's cool - you do you bud, peace.   After all, it's optional.   Why look to sh!!t on players who do get some fun from it? 

11 minutes ago, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

Personally, I'm fine with the changes, I know they can/will change over time.

What is disappointing is so many players looking forward with absolute glee to their fellow tenno basically getting kicked in the nuts after they've worked bloody hard to get the stats they want.  Whether that be grinding kuva themselves,  grinding things to sell for plat to just buy the riven, or, god forbid, spending money in the game to just buy plat thereby helping keep afloat the game you're playing.

But yeah, let's just put on our sneers and act all superior.  Like I said, that attitude is toxic af.

You're confusing toxicity with realism. 

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

Let's face it, after a certain point the game doesn't have much challenge in it and running about on the star map doing 5-10 minute missions where enemies die in droves from a hard sneeze gets a bit samey after a while.

And what that lack of challenge needs is powerful rivens?

Just now, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

And what that lack of challenge needs is powerful rivens?

No, it doesn't.   We need content that is challenging but that's covered by many other threads already so don't want to de rail this topic.

In the absence of challenge though players will take what they can get, and rivens are one of those few things.  And because kuva is an endless mission type that eventually gets challenging it fills a double role.