Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Incoming Riven disposition update in October 1st/2nd

Jarriaga

Since Wukong Prime Access is coming to an end, remember not to spend obscene amounts of plat in a Riven mod that may be nerfed in 2 weeks. Assuming DE keep their word, that God Riven in the market will get nerfed to oblivion when Atlas Prime launches if it belongs to an overused weapon (Other than Kohm).

Last thread on disposition updates was full of rage and anger.

Edited by Jarriaga
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Urlan said:

Eh, last time the Gorgon series disposition was lowered as I recall so I have no faith in disposition changes being positive changes for rivens as a system.

Well, I suppose it depends on what your definition of "positive" entails in this case. Personally, I think it can be neat at times just for the fun of it. A mediocre weapon I like (Boltor) got a small buff in the last update.

Edited by Jarriaga

8 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

Assuming DE keeps their word, that God Riven in the market will get nerfed to oblivion when Atlas Prime launches if it belongs to an overused weapon (Other than Kohm).

Of course DE will keep their word.  This has been identified as power creep and DE continues to try to put the genie back into the bottle instead of outrightly removing the offending material.  You know like they did when the original snipetron was released, removed, released again, removed again and finally made to be the toothless wonder (read: rank & bank material) it has became and offered in the Plague Star Event event for completionists.  

1 minute ago, VotumPrime said:

Don’t rely on rivens and just go with the most OP weapons.

Exactly!  I often keep a handful around to watch how the dispositioning is going to go between good/OP weapons and the crap weapons DE wanted to give a leg up for.  But after that?  You can still kill level 150+ enemies without using a riven in the weapon.  Build according to that specification. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, MBaldelli said:

Of course DE will keep their word.  This has been identified as power creep and DE continues to try to put the genie back into the bottle instead of outrightly removing the offending material. 

Yes, but the vitriolic blowback is getting more and more aggressive each time. At some point you have to wonder if DE will hold their ground or if they'll get tired of the negativity produced by these adjustments and stop making them.

Personally, I hope DE don't give up on this.

Edited by Jarriaga

33 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

Yes, but the vitriolic blowback is getting more and more aggressive each time. At some point you have to wonder if DE will hold their ground or if they'll get tired of the negativity produced by these adjustments and stop making them.

Personally, I hope DE don't give up on this.

If anything DE has been vigilant about the Riven Workshop reworks.  I have watched the Pyrana Riven Mod I originally obtained before their promise to reworking Rivens and it's been changed each time.  That's three times since the launch of this "improvement". 

If there's going to be any blowback, it's either ignored, or not done because I'm seeing more and more people taking the attitude of "Warframe is their game and they can do what they want" when it comes to Rivens.  

I've said this time and time again...  If people want action from DE, hit them in their spreadsheets.  Or get big name media to brow beat them into action.  Otherwise, DE will do this time and time and time again when it comes to that noise; 

Spoiler

Image result for head in the sand

I'm just waiting for an actual person to make these decisions and not because it's "popular". I love seeing the Warframe stream and how excited an employee is at getting a Rubico riven only until it gets nerfed again and again every 3 months. Thankfully I dumped my Catchmoon riven already at least before this upcoming change since I don't even want to see what those stats would be like in a couple weeks.

Honestly though, the thing that bothers me about the dispo changes is the wasted time farming the worst resource in the game, only to deal with RNG to get a decent roll after 1 time or 140 times.

I wish they would get rid of Rivens...and switch them out to Amalgamods that were useful...because this is just infuriating every month due the time and effort to get them to a God Roll...Rivens feel like a Surprise Mechanic..not in the loot box way..but, in that habitual pulling of a lever to get X-reward only to have X-reward constantly having its goal post moved..

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey

Yay I can't wait to see the good rivens (which I didn't trade for) I have get nerfed again...

Continual nerfing of the only decent rivens I have in my collection is basically putting me off even bothering with rivens, which in turn means I have no reason to farm kuva etc...