Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Incoming Riven disposition update in October 1st/2nd

Jarriaga

7 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

Since Wukong Prime Access is coming to an end, remember not to spend obscene amounts of plat in a Riven mod that may be nerfed in 2 weeks. Assuming DE keep their word, that God Riven in the market will get nerfed to oblivion when Atlas Prime launches if it belongs to an overused weapon (Other than Kohm).

Last thread on disposition updates was full of rage and anger.

I'll get the industrial size popcorn and butter from Costco.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I wonder how many Tekko Rivens are out there? those are definitely going to be affected, one way or the other, but I can't say as I've seen a lot of people trying to sell them.

Melee Rivens won't be touched until Melee 3.0 unless DE changed their mind.

Edited by Jarriaga
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Urlan said:

Eh, last time the Gorgon series disposition was lowered as I recall so I have no faith in disposition changes being positive changes for rivens as a system.

Embolist, Stradavar, Viper.

Nobody plays them, yet they got nerfed. I've already adapted by not trying to get certain rivens. Except melees. At least they're still interesting ^^

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IceColdHawk said:

Embolist, Stradavar, Viper.

Nobody plays them, yet they got nerfed. I've already adapted by not trying to get certain rivens. Except melees. At least they're still interesting ^^

I did, but yeah, I was disappointed in them lowering as well. I figure the melees are waiting on the rebalance that was mentioned with melee 3.0.

it is simple DE  try to nerf god rivens for popular weapons or good weapons they are idiots. instead if make it balanced from start, and no matter if they are good make other things good as much so player can have choices. example: no one played lanka b4 ediolons, then suddenly lanka goes to the rooftop of cost, vectis also, rubico was not so popular until it prime version. what happened? DE nerfes all 3 rivens. why because it was popular and players greed for plat and utter violence of cost. they could make alet rubico riven so everyone would have one and make kuva more profitable would also get cost decrease. lanka also was nerfed duo synergy with mag, synergy of nekros, hydroid and chesa between them thus fck up farm squad (clap clap DE very very good decidion. fck up grind in grind based game, and keep low drop rate so rng hate us). so all this change of dispositions is load of S#&$, utter incompetence for dealing with "statistics based use of stuff in game". this means if specific item are used/not used they "rework" it. everyone remember rework of ash, ember etc? satement: "we want to change player interaction with frame, so it change way around it that player engage more with game". remember boltace and maiming strike? what happened there? players find mechanics provided by developer for game to make it #*!%ing op. nerfed end of story. is it more engaging with game? no it is not, it is forgotten now. there are lot of examples to give for this practice of "changing dispositions, so called reworks". so instead of make it more accessible for players and ofc balance it, DE will nerf it to the ground so no one will use it. by that logic they should never add rivens in first spot. simply make non used weapons batter by buff them, so they are not worthlessness to begin with they add riven, so you would be more engaging with game content. they need to ask them self why partners are leaving them, and players as well. game is not popular as b4 and with this approach of "balance and changing" no wonder why ppl are leaving. 

maybe it is time to "rework" their aproach of changing stuff.

and one more thing, lets not hate DE for their hard work. lets give them idea and feedbacks so they can make it batter. here is one from me: make option for nightmare or annihilation mode for star chart. this will make lowest nod and enemy of lvl 200. so all of this it is"overpowered"  lets nerf it to the ground approach, actually have its use. 

5 minutes ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

Gonna get some pretzels ready for the free salt from people not understanding how disposition has always works. the more the weapons is used by the player base the lower the disposition it's meant to promote lesser used weapons. Ah well free entertainment 

Officially it was based on popularity of the weapons, however the last two changes were said to be based on internal design decisions and feels for what the team wanted the weapons to perform like. As was mentioned in one of the previous riven disposition threads by a DE member.

13 hours ago, Walkampf said:

Normal gambling addicts at least do it for the money. Warframe players for their flimsy selfconfidence. 

Last time I checked, in gambling you couldn't go back a step and not take the next reward, if it was lower than your previous reward 

vor 4 Minuten schrieb Phoenix42Lord42:

Last time I checked, in gambling you couldn't go back a step and not take the next reward, if it was lower than your previous reward 

Last time I checked, when spinning a slot macine twice, you'd get both rewards instead having to choose one of them.

22 minutes ago, Urlan said:

Officially it was based on popularity of the weapons, however the last two changes were said to be based on internal design decisions and feels for what the team wanted the weapons to perform like. As was mentioned in one of the previous riven disposition threads by a DE member.

You're half wrong, they're using both player usage and their own internal ranking for balancing dispositions. The point of their internal ranking is to improve dispositions of weapons that are popular despite being weak. Like their own examples with the Soma, throwing weapons, and Bows or for the case of the Khom which is only good because of it's Riven disposition.

30 minutes ago, trst said:

You're half wrong, they're using both player usage and their own internal ranking for balancing dispositions. The point of their internal ranking is to improve dispositions of weapons that are popular despite being weak. Like their own examples with the Soma, throwing weapons, and Bows or for the case of the Khom which is only good because of it's Riven disposition.

Sounds like a good reason to buff the weapon, but nerf the disposition. It's dumb to have a weapon require a riven to be good.

9 hours ago, RadonRadish said:

Me too it's my most used secondary

Ok so if you two think they will Boost a new weapon's riven... because you like it and probably a lot of people love it...

Doesn't that give you a feeling that probably a lot of people using it right now?

Do you understand that riven disposition usually moves up or down based on the usage of a weapon?

Someone also said that they got an internal ranking system too based on usage and weapon strength... and my experience after one forma in the weapon that it is not weak at all, nor mediocre, rather strong.

If anything, it will be lowered, not raised.

Edited by 40PE

11 minutes ago, Frenotx said:

Sounds like a good reason to buff the weapon, but nerf the disposition. It's dumb to have a weapon require a riven to be good.

There are weapons that are weak. Those are the Tier 1 weapons. Not sure how many Tiers in the game my gut feels there are 3 but maybe I'm wrong (never researched this topic, my rules of thumbs on the matter is that when I level a weapon I feel straight away if its strong or not around reaching lvl30, without forma).

I agree with you, but then there wouldn't be weapon tiers in the first place, and all weapon would be rather strong -maybe in situations or in certain usage/vs. enemy but still, would all weapon would feel they are "good". Don'T think that would be actually fun.

However there are certainly overlooked underdogs, like what I feel is a badass secondary is AKMagnus. I got an ok riven for it too with riven its even more badass. Cant wait for the primed version for that weapon I even love they look and the handlind and their sound.

Edited by 40PE

22 minutes ago, 40PE said:

There are weapons that are weak. Those are the Tier 1 weapons. Not sure how many Tiers in the game my gut feels there are 3 but maybe I'm wrong (never researched this topic, my rules of thumbs on the matter is that when I level a weapon I feel straight away if its strong or not around reaching lvl30, without forma).

I agree with you, but then there wouldn't be weapon tiers in the first place, and all weapon would be rather strong -maybe in situations or in certain usage/vs. enemy but still, would all weapon would feel they are "good". Don'T think that would be actually fun.

However there are certainly overlooked underdogs, like what I feel is a badass secondary is AKMagnus. I got an ok riven for it too with riven its even more badass. Cant wait for the primed version for that weapon I even love they look and the handlind and their sound.

Thrust me, there are weapons able to destroy any whole enemy level map if they had 5 riven disposition.

Edited by bibmobello

28 minutes ago, Frenotx said:

Except weapons aren't made to be equal to each other nor should they ever be.

If they were then there would be no reason for players to ever get new weapons except for mastery.

27 minutes ago, 40PE said:

Crappy weapons with great riven dispositions that still don't see much usage are either a) ultra crap, or b) just not fun / practical. Crappy weapons that see lots of usage probably ARE fun to use, as otherwise people wouldn't be going through the hassle of acquiring the requisite riven to make them competitive.

THESE weapons, the fun but crappy ones, are the ones I'd like to see buffed so as not to require a riven to work. The weapons that are crappy and boring can remain both.

11 minutes ago, trst said:

Except weapons aren't made to be equal to each other nor should they ever be.

If they were then there would be no reason for players to ever get new weapons except for mastery.

In a perfect world where all weapons were magically perfectly balanced, the point of different / new weapons would be VARIETY. Lots of different options for feel and play style, all equally viable to use. People would use a him because they like it, rather than because it's "good".

18 hours ago, Afterburner_X said:

I can smell that Rubico Disposition nerf already. I hope they will not touch Vectis at least. ^__^

Actually there isn't any content in Warframe where Rivens are mandatory. Rivens are basically optional. In the end it feels good to have the possibility to make weapons stronger with such Mods. Not needed for level 30 Grineer tho. If DE will nerf some Rivens into the ground again I will just replace the Riven with a regular mod. Easy. ^__^           

I wonder why Riven Dispositions like 0,5 or 0,6 even exist. In most cases a normal mod is not that much weaker than a good Riven with that low stats. I don't see the point of Rivens with that low Dispositions to be honest.

Just make something like 0,7 the lowest possible Disposition, so the weapon can still benefit a little bit from it at least and the people who invested into that Riven don't have to cry for days. Then make the highest Disposition 2,5 for those special weapons like the Stug. Maybe it will be finally decent with a Riven when that happens. ^__^

I'm excited to watch the drama of Riven nerfs again. Not really care about Stone Boy Prime to be honest. ^__^

I use Rivens as triple state mods. Mostly for the utility gain. A melee Riven with attack speed and combo duration is great for me. Never going to try and get that God roll. That's just disappointment waiting to happen.