Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zealoid Fight

TheLyricAinu

5 hours ago, Slenderminion said:

I agree. I hope they add this for all bosses in the game.

I mean sure, it'll go empty immediately on most of them, but it's still a nice touch.

They should give the Seargent a huge double life bar with multiple colours of health, but he still does just as quick.

• Like 1

DE just cant make boss fights........another terrible "boss" with invulnerability phases. how the hell people think this boss is fun to fight?! seriously warframe bosses are the laughing stock of the gaming industry. it's getting a little embarrassing now...

Edited by minidelight

1 hour ago, minidelight said:

DE just cant make boss fights........another terrible "boss" with invulnerability phases. how the hell people think this boss is fun to fight?! seriously warframe bosses are the laughing stock of the gaming industry. it's getting a little embarrassing now...

Then tell us, what they should do?

Keep in mind that you have to balance said boss on the fact that there are people here who can just stand there and be hit by bosses over and over while they go take a cup of water, have builds that can OHK or come severily come close to that and are usually in groups of 4.

• Like 1

Il y a 2 heures, minidelight a dit :

This is probably one of the best boss design they ever made... There is nothing wrong with invulnerability as long as its tied to a good mechanic.

And wf is not about boss fights or engame or w/e so its not embarrassing. Its like saying Mojang should be embarrassed cause of the ender dragon.

Edited by belanya
  • Like 5

16 hours ago, EmberStar said:

The fight is at least an attempt to do something different, even if, AGAIN, there are invincibility phases.  (Seriously DE, find a better way to handle that.)

I would like to know this "better way to handle that" from your view when so many elements that is praised in other games get bashed in warframe for some reason like this compiled complaints

Better boss fight than this? easy. Exploiter.

On the surface, pretty similar fights (at least the second phases) - boss is immune to damage, adds heals the boss, kill adds to damage boss. But exploiter is way better designed. You can't damage her directly, but you always engaging with her. Taking away our weapons in a creative way to ensure we don't melt her in seconds. And yet she's never truly invulnerable. The adds that can heal her also serves as the way to get to the damage phase, making sure that all your objectives in the fight serves the same purpose (getting to the damage phase and killing the boss). Also, the weak point system make sense thematically - she's an impenetrable tank we need to tear apart with our bear hands to be able to damage, making us feel extremely powerful as a bonus.

In the Zealoid fight, it's the opposite. You constantly need to disengage from the boss (because he's immune), you have adds that are also immune (serves no purpose for the actual fight), the objective you need for the damage phase is far away so you need to go fetch it and come back, wasting time. The adds that heals the boss just appear out of nowhere - you can't prevent that phase by doing well at add management beforehand (because, say it with me - they are immune). The elements of the fight are just arbitrary steps without anything connecting them together. Even our weapons aren't really taken away, the only thing preventing us from melting the boss is a damage cap, the cheapest trick in the book to prolong fights unnecessarily. And we aren't given any reason why we can't just shoot him in the face. Hell, he is smaller than our Warframe, yet can toss us around while we are helpless against him unless we have a lentren in our hand, like a 5 year old child learning to get over his fear of the dark.

Edited by CombustibleLemones

Well oof, that was just underwhelmingly easy compared to the Wolf. Does this boss scale somehow to make it a bit more interesting? Concept and mechanics behind it is okay imo, and I like the map, but it was just way too low level.

Btw, Reb mentioned on Primetime yesterday that this boss will remain playable after the Nightwave season is over. Not sure if the drops are affected though.

3 hours ago, minidelight said:

DE just cant make boss fights........another terrible "boss" with invulnerability phases.

Pretty sure that's a thing for a loooot of bosses across many video games, which doesn't necessarily make them bad. Tons of bosses in the Mario, Metroid, God of War, etc. franchises have narrow windows where the boss can be harmed. That, or they are just giant HP sponges with big predicatble attacks like in the Souls series.

I think the hang-up here isn't in the design of a boss fight, but in how Warframe boss fights can clash with a player's mindset. We want to run this as fast as possible to grind out the Standing and Pathocyst parts (cuz we need that right meow!), but invulnerability phases are setting a cap on how fast the mission can be completed. Yeah, invuln phases aren't spectacular, but bosses need some kind of measure to counter our ridiculous OPness if they can even be considered a boss. I mean, just look at the Sergeant. He's just a Corpus Tech in a fancy suit.

This was a cool fight and, while maybe not amazing, was really well designed. Action, movement, a Light vs. Darkness theme and multiple phases.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, iGnome21 said:

Except The Sergent. Who needs a bar when it gets one shot every time.

No, he needs 5 Bars. Just for the funny.

*New Player sees 5 Bars of HP fill up*

"This is gonna suck"

*Kills him in less than 10s*

"... did I just get trolled?"

On 2019-09-26 at 2:07 PM, Lakais said:

I liked it. Honestly I played it twice and I found the fight to be very enjoyable compared to all other fights. Yes, there are immunity stages, but those are not necessarily bad and the fact that the fight is in stages creates a dynamic that is sorely lacking in damn near all other boss fights that revolve around us tossing so much damage into them they vaporize before they manage to finish their first attack. 

This is where difference in mentality comes in. Some go in for the loot and as such, they want the mission over and done ASAP, so those immunity stages and conditions are not something they'd approve. But I think more weight should be put into making and keeping the core gameplay: movement, shooting etc, as fresh and as varied. 

This exactly!

Reward hungry players versus players just having fun with the added benefits of lore, loot, strategizing, anticipation and wander.

Also, it's just absolutely amazing how quickly people "tell" the game. Does no one like to experience things anymore? Tactical Potato, as much as I love his channel, does this and spoils things way too often.

Okay so I went to look for a name and my entire post got erased so I'm just gonna post this and say that I love Warframe but DE needs to fix their S#&$. I also want to point out that PoE gave us more content that we could take outside the Plains than Fortuna at launch in normal gameplay. Zaws/Gara/Amps/Zaw/Amp Arcanes VS Kitguns/Garuda.

And @EmberStar thanks for your advice. Stress has been through the roof and it's nice to hear a total stranger say that, especially with my paranoia about how S#&$ty people can be.

2 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Fortuna also offered Moas, Kitgun Arcanes, Amps and Amp arcanes...

Right, MOAs were available at launch. My bad. And I honestly can't remember if we were able to get anything beyond the cosmetics AT LAUNCH. Which is what I specified. Either way, thanks for the correction.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2019-09-27 at 4:42 AM, (NSW)Sk0rp1on said:

They should give the Seargent a huge double life bar with multiple colours of health, but he still does just as quick.

Reminds me of Mysterio in one of the Spiderman games. He gets a triple layered life bar slowly filling to the top in a cutscene, then dies in one hit.