Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zealoid Fight

TheLyricAinu

3 minutes ago, Oreades said:

inb4 that's considered an exploit and they ban people

It's not an exploit. It's a feature.

Every place that requires a key to enter (derelict, infested alad V for Mesa, Khela) will only consume your key on mission success.

It'd be really annoying having your key wasted bc you got DC'd or something.

Edited by (PS4)Quantaminum

11 minutes ago, (PS4)Quantaminum said:

Every place that requires a key to enter (derelict, infested alad V for Mesa, Khela) will only consume your key on mission success.

But it could be considered an exploit or a form of griefing.

Its the same reason why Sabotage Missions got the question mark on a square, same with Spy, same as Kela...

To prevent people from just quitting after seeing what the reward was and not be penalized for it. And if its a PUG and you are not the host and the part you got is what you want but not what the HOST wants...

1 minute ago, FerockQuartz said:

No way... worse than Mutalist Alad V? Sorry its hard for me to exactly grasp the picture... working ATM

Unlike Rotten Salad, while you have him speaking, the voicelines are a couple of words at most.

Just now, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

A 40 minute speech that keeps going when you killed him in 5 seconds?

Oh, he speaks after you kill him.

And this cant be a 5s fight because it has a damage cap, then he destroys the means you are using to damage him and you have to find another.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Slenderminion said:

I agree. I hope they add this for all bosses in the game.

I mean sure, it'll go empty immediately on most of them, but it's still a nice touch.

Not just bosses, things like defense targets would be better placed up there (in cases where multiple health bars would be needed such as extraction, just split the space between them). Much more visible and easy to keep tabs on, with 100% less chance of being obscured by a Lotus transmission!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)Quantaminum said:

They fixed it.

I liked it. Honestly I played it twice and I found the fight to be very enjoyable compared to all other fights. Yes, there are immunity stages, but those are not necessarily bad and the fact that the fight is in stages creates a dynamic that is sorely lacking in damn near all other boss fights that revolve around us tossing so much damage into them they vaporize before they manage to finish their first attack. 

This is where difference in mentality comes in. Some go in for the loot and as such, they want the mission over and done ASAP, so those immunity stages and conditions are not something they'd approve. But I think more weight should be put into making and keeping the core gameplay: movement, shooting etc, as fresh and as varied. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, EmberStar said:

It's possible there's some other hidden drop from the fight.  (Wolf dropped a variation of his mask as an Operator mask.)

Personally, I doubt this is the case:

Spoiler

The official [auto-generated] drop chances page still lists the Wolf mask, but the Zealoid Prelate lists only mod dropsresource drops, and blueprint/item drops.

Keep in mind that, a week or two ago, there was a problem with the drops of some of the other event-exclusive monsters, and the missing info from the ingame codex also coincided with the information disappearing from the official drop tables.

In other words, DE would have to take specific and potentially laborious action to obfuscate the existence of an additional drop from the tables, which seems unlikely given how faithfully they have been generated up until this point

It was a good fight. It was interesting. I like how in the beginning the map is dark and when you kill the boss the lights turn on. It's a really nice touch. And it actually feels like you did something. It would be nice if we could get more environmental interactions in the future.

The light mechanic was also a pretty good idea.

Btw I have no problem with the invincibility stages because otherwise the boss either would be easy as f*ck or we would get a bullet sponge that we have to shoot for half an hour.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kaotyke said:

But it could be considered an exploit or a form of griefing.

Its the same reason why Sabotage Missions got the question mark on a square, same with Spy, same as Kela...

To prevent people from just quitting after seeing what the reward was and not be penalized for it. And if its a PUG and you are not the host and the part you got is what you want but not what the HOST wants...

Well DE have hotfixed it so you now get the question mark... nothing like forced grind and rng...

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Sushi_Desires said:

Personally, I doubt this is the case:

Reveal hidden contents

The official [auto-generated] drop chances page still lists the Wolf mask, but the Zealoid Prelate lists only mod dropsresource drops, and blueprint/item drops.

Keep in mind that, a week or two ago, there was a problem with the drops of some of the other event-exclusive monsters, and the missing info from the ingame codex also coincided with the information disappearing from the official drop tables.

In other words, DE would have to take specific and potentially laborious action to obfuscate the existence of an additional drop from the tables, which seems unlikely given how faithfully they have been generated up until this point

Okay, looks like it's probably just the new infested weapon and the critter scans, and then keep doing the fight until you're bored with it.  Ah well.  The cosmetics have been a little uneven this Nightwave anyway.  The Protosomid would be a nice shoulder cape, but A) it looks really derpy on smaller (especially female) frames like Nyx and Nova and B) I'd like a version without crossbow bolts sticking out of its face.  (It's the head and arm of an Infested Ancient, really.)  The Operator suit looks nice though.  So if they added another hidden cosmetic as a rare drop but it turned out to be really derpy looking...

In any case, I'll probably try to play it enough to finish the weapon, because I collect them.

Im being told that all parts are 33% drop rate but it doesn't feel that way, I've run this over and over, a lot of blue prints and links, only one blade, I'm about to run out of keys. Feels like I've done it twenty times but I've only seen one blade drop which is weird for an "equal distribution drop" at 33%

I actually love the lantern thing, gives it this awesome Halloween feel, but it's sucking the fun out knowing im going to run out of keys before I get a complete set. 

Edited by (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx

Good points:

Nice atmosphere. I like that the lighting is subtly different (seems to just be dark, no added colours making things seem oddly 'cleaner') even before you encounter him, and that it brightens up at some points. Very nice - feels suitably cinematic. Reminds me of the Shagaru Magala fight.

The whole 'mystic invincible infested', is cool but not overutilised. I like that there's very clear indicators that you can't hurt them, and when you can.

Basic loop is intuitive and well telegraphed but also quite complex, as well as being relatively satisfying for an invincibility syndrome boss. I will admit I was almost disappointed that he just showed up and seemed just like a bigger Zealot before the cutscene, so that was pleasantly surprising.

Appreciate he actually encourages Melee, most bosses don't do that.

Health bar. Surprised it took this long honestly, but it's a great addition! Very cinematic, and also very useful. I'd quite like this to be added to other fights in the future (and retroactively to the existing ones) TBH.

Bad Points:

Teleportation is pretty inconsistent and can lead to him randomly disappearing mid-beatdown with the lamp up. There's no indication of which way he went other than the marker that similarly teleported to the edge of the screen instead of being tracked naturally. It doesn't help that he's hard to see, which would be cool on its own but when you're on a time limit and he can just jump from one part of the map to another without direction indicators or camera tracking... it's very frustrating.

Speaking off, that Arlo light tracking is quite hard to judge when it'll explode, and the fact the area gets smaller is, whilst not too much of a problem, is an irritant.

Lots and lots of mooks around... interestingly I've not had many problems during the actual boss damage phase, but they make the bastions (who are also teleporting little a-holes) more irritating than they have to be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kaotyke said:

Like the rest of the game.

Actually my comment was more about the necessity to grind multiple maps before being able to do one run and then having a restriction on how many you can actually do in a day (unless you saved up prior)... it works ok with mesa (which now uses 1 key instead of needing 3 nav keys) because it's a constant thing, not a time restricted event.  Yes the enemy might be coming back as an assassin but there's nothing to say how often he'll appear etc.

• Like 1

I never post on the forums, but having just got done with the Nightwave boss fight I needed to come and pitch in. DE, can we have more bosses like this? The gimmicks, the focus on light and the tense music, it reminded me of that sense of dread I had when I would explore an infested tileset for the very first time. I love exploiter orb and Eidolons, sure, but the one-on-one boss fights have always been my favourite, even if they're somewhat repetitive and same-y with few exceptions like Ambulas, Raptor and Ropolalyst, who I will say was a step in the right direction. Dynamic boss fights like these are the most memorable, and if the infested were given the same treatment that the Zealots have been given, you could have something as creepy yet disturbing as the Flood from Halo on your hands. I've always seen potential for the Infested to be the best content in the game, and if this is a window into what's to come, consider me very excited.

• Like 1

Pretty fun and interesting, though I think it didn't need to take more than three cycles.  Also, the light is a bit awkward to work around, if I understood the mechanics right you'd need to put it down and hope he stays near if you want to use your Primary to damage him.

Definitely a good step forward in boss design.  The invincibility phases rely on the player to end, the mechanics are fairly intuitive (though the pickup could stand to have a "YO PICK THIS UP THE GUY DROPPED THIS YOU CARRY IT NOW" marker directly on it the first time it's dropped, it took me a good twenty seconds to notice the blue circle on the map) and while I'll have to see exactly how it scales with level it felt about right in terms of difficulty.  Not to mention the fantastic ambiance, and the darkness wasn't debilitating or annoying.

I personally enjoyed the mechanics of the fight, 

And having an infested speak... Actually speak politely instead of grunting ... That was creepy is a good way. 

I think they should apply more mechanics like this - damage denial unless certain conditions met (not RNG invulnerable phase) . 

I also got 3 parts and a duplicate after 4 fights (had stocked the codes) traded the last one and put it in the oven. 

Sure it might not be powerful stat wise but it might be fun, I want to see how it's special gimmick works (still have a few hours left to build) 

• Like 1