Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

COMING SOON: Devstream #131!

[DE]Rebecca

Player suggestions have always come and gone, and while it may seem that many go unnoticed, it's understood that they often don't mesh well with your intended vision of the game, and for that reason they can't be implemented. With the release of Empyrean, how close can you say your final vision/ideal for the game is to realisation?

Q: You have previously talked about relasing the Dry Dock before the rest of Empyran, could you also relase the Kuva Lichs at the same time so there is a span of time where the relationship between Tenno and Lich can build? If not, what is the plan for relasing the Kuva Liches.

Also, do the Lichs drop any rewards, like railjack upgrades or weapon components/blueprints?

Any updates on the progress towards Cross-Saves / Cross-Progression / "Loot Sharing"? 

Destiny 2 just launched this feature, so hopefully there's lessons that can be learned from their implementation (both the good and bad). 

edit: also I am extremely excited to see the changes coming to Ember. She's one of my favorite frames and I love using her in lower level content or as a damage buffer, but if she can be brought up a bit I'll be really happy. 

1: Will we be able to decorate the interior of the Railjack like the dojo or will it be small items like in the orbiter or none at all?

2: There are a lot & A LOT of props & objects missing from the dojo decorations menu (Mainly Orokin) Will these be added/fixed in the future?

3:Will Kuva Liches Steal powers as in Copy the Warframe's power & use it against you or steal as in you can never use that warfram'es respective power until you kill the Kuva lich?

4:Are there any certain reason to not kill your Kuva lich at first sight, will there be a bigger chance for some sort of rare resource almost like a rotation.

5:Will there be some sort of "Public Railjack" mode, like before a mission you can hop in as "Public" & other people can join you as your crew, If so will this be Clan members only?

can we get again spectra vandal? i missed it because of my exam schedule. i like the basic variant and i'm overcomed with grief for not having vandal version.

One more question: there are areas on earth tileset which are too bright on day cycle, is that intentional or?

Hello!

I just have a question/suggestion about dojo decorations, as I quite like this activity. 🙂 With the addition of empyrean there will be semi-mobile NPCs both in the railjacks themselves and the railjack hangar from what I can tell. So, I'm wondering if it is planned to perhaps add placeable (generic or otherwise) NPCs to dojo decorations, much like what the domestik drone is? And if it isn't planned, could it be considered?

Even if the NPCs don't move around like domestik drones and can't be interacted with with (though that would be awesome if one could interact with them and they did move around) and just do something idly (for example repairing something, talking with another closeby NPC, ect.) this would in my opinion still be a great addition as it would make dojos feel much more alive and would complement existing decorations greatly!

(Also as a side note, being able to set the NPC's behaviour would be very cool, as an expanded feature, eg. to repair something, talk with other NPCs, ect.)

Ever since the metallic fixes for Saint of Altra certain textures now either look like plastic or are very reflective, with Frost Prime’s base skin and his Grost skin being an example of a reflective leather, and the Mithra skins as well as Saryn Napellus have textures that resemble plastic. I’m not the only one with this opinion so here’s my question:

Are there plans to fix certain textures with the new shader update, or are there plans to rerelease shader changes for metallic textures only?

Is there any chance for us to get some kind of pet buffs? I mean like a mod or ability for them to stay alive for longer because at current point we all use kubrows and cats for vacuum, loot radar and enemy radar (cats also for crit buffs) since cats are designed to be those agile type of pets that avoid damage can we get kubrows to be more fighting beasts that are not getting oneshoted by random trash mobs and can actually take some damage before being downed? I'm pretty sure not only I use pets over sentinels aginst higher level enemies because of infinite revive ability but as levels pass they start dying before I setup my abilities to continue dpsing again. 

#*!%. That's 1 pm CST. Why are all of your streams so completely inaccessible? These streams times are so inconvenient. Who is ever free at 10:00 am? People have work and classes, even children have school. I work from 8 am until 2 pm CST, and that's 9 am to 3 pm EST. Most people work longer than I do, and most college students have their classes between 9:00 to 3:00. This stream schedule really needs an overhaul, I don't even know why anyone thought it was a good idea in the first place. I literally cannot watch any of your streams, and I'm pretty sure 90% of the playerbase can't either. Also, why is this not at 6:00 EST like just about every other devstream? I'll just felt on Tactical Potato and OGWicked Fun for the info. In the words of Frieza, "This is such a mere disappointed." And of Vegeta, "What a waste."

Edit: I just want to clarify, since most people will probably assume incorrectly, I couldn't care less about the drops, I just want the experience of hearing it first-hand from DE and seeing their live reactions and the passion they put into the games, and being able to react properly myself.

Could you please confirm that:

1) Empyrean will run on Nintendo Switch, and (if the answer is "yes")

2) Confirm whether or not it'll be gimped outside of graphical downgrades and frame rate.

I've seen comments in more than one occasion, doubting that the Switch version won't be gimped (let alone run it). Please answer these question so that I'm not stressing myself about it. Please.

(Also, any progress on the bug where we see a black screen for an uncomfortable period of time before the loading screen is displayed?)

Can we get some sort of mini-rework for Atlas?

His Prime Access has everyone excited for Dethcube more than Atlas and it personally upsets me because I think Atlas is fun but he's kind of clunky.

Can we expect any quick QoL changes or buffs to Atlas to make him more viable alongside Vauban and Ember?

1) Will auto-block be removed when melee 3.0 hits? As it is, you can be prevented from melee-ing by auto-block, and the old "block button" combos almost don't work, because it now switches to your ranged weapon for aiming.

2) Are quests for new frames dead? Saint of Altra sounded like a fun quest to go on, but it doesn't seem to actually exist. It's just Leverian and some item descriptions.

Devstream question-sheet

This sheet will be periodically updated and posted under every devstream forum-post.

I skim through the devstream post and mark down recurring questions to put in here as well as my own sometimes.

have fun reading ~ DasPohl

full document so far: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VSdB3nu75g3hNNXOnRiRP2nvD2zJpw_TutK_4lrXuXk/edit

date: 10/02/2019 // before Devstream 131 

Firstly, some of my top questions, that haven’t been answered in the last installment:

One - Cross-Stuff: Any info on what you will do now, or is Steve still fiddling around with the building blocks..? ^^

Two - 3rd Orb Mother (And in that regard also new Eidolons..?): For a long time, we got thinking around the floaty, black Orb in that coolant, if we wait any longer, it will probably freeze over, right..?

Three - Companion-App: A suprising amount of people (including me) really wishes for greater usage of the Warframe-Companion-App, maybe even a reskin or rework of the current features.

And now to the rest:

Community-Questions:

7 - Helminth cyst-removal options: All of the playerbase knows it, many hate it, cause of their fashionFraming; Good ‘ol space-herpes. Can there be a way to circumvent the “disease”..? It’s not the flu after all. Or maybe a way to remove it faster for a fee..?

8 - Ingame-companion changes: Any word on changes regarding our four-legged friends..? Anything on AI or gameplay-choices..? Just don’t take away the petting, okay..? ^-^

9 - Empyrean (and/or Drydock buildable) when..?: A part of our “big” big updates this year (or what’s left of it) is the Railjack and what comes with it, no doubt about that. Is there any detail on when (rough timeframe, just not “sometime this year.” :D) we will be able to play or at least build the drydock of Update Empyrean..?

10 - Reworking of old bossfights (PEEELEASE GIVE US THE HEALTHBAR!!): When Nightwave episode 5 happened, everybody, like really everybody, got excited over the healthbar of the Zealoid Prelate. When you guys rework, please add these in for every Boss..? pretty please..??

Personal-Questions:

(From Devstream 130)

If you want to read up on them, scroll up to the date specified.

I - Orokin decorations

II - Dojo rework - more than just a tech grind?

III - Codex refitting

IV - UI reskins /reworks 

(Saint of Altra)

V - Animation for and toggleable of operator helmet opening and closing

Why are the Prime Glyphs not part of the Prime Vault Accessory packs? Veteran players don't need the Warframes and weapons but often don't have the Glyphs.

Will we ever get new Zaw parts e.g. for Dual Swords, Dual Handed Nikanas and Whips?

Please change the self damage on Zhuge Prime:

• Remove self damage completely
  • Make explosive bolts the alt fire mode
  • Add a minimum flight distance feature like on Acceltra

As it stands Zhuge Prime is worse that Zhuge because of the side grade stats combined with the high potential to kill the wielder.

Archived