Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

COMING SOON: Devstream #131!

[DE]Rebecca

Tennogen on console 

Its been a problem for over a year now we are still missing half of round 14 while round 17 is already live on pc of which we will probably never see at this rate 

Most major updates are missing tennogen now and the bundles we get are less than half the round 

Only one catch up bundle was released and its said that thats the plan for next update but its been a while since saints of altra and nothing yet

Can we know what is causing this delay and whats the plan to address it 

I have been waiting for zephyr graxx for a year now this is beyond ridiculous

Can we get party controls ?

If 2 of us are together and theres 2 randoms, we want to leave for whatever reason then we leave as a group instead of leaving and having to form the party again, also kick abilities when not in missions so we can remove maybe the odd person in a group when they AFK between missions or something instead of the splitting/regrouping, it's frustrating to play a multiplayer game with no party options at all

Get rid of the play button, what's it even for apart from forcing the start of a mission when someones not ready?

start the countdown and just remove people who don't ready in that time span

An option to block players so matchmaking doesn't group us with them

Better reporting options in game, too many times we get stuck with a player who's just there for a carry, give us ways to kick such as a group veto or something or a report option so these types can be limited to solo/the block function so we don't have to deal with them again

21 minutes ago, Nurmetya said:

A. Vauban will barely have anything changed again, leaving him in his barely mediocre state.

Y'all haven't been seeing the fact that his 1 and 3 are now both confirmed to work entirely differently now along with an entirely new ability, have you?

His 1 now actively seeks enemies, and presumably does more damage or stuns better or something (as yet unknown), and his current 3 and 4 have been combined, and he has some kind of Orbital Strike attack.

With the very recent release of Atlas prime, I feel like this is an appropriately timed question:  Do prime warframes still fit within the lore?  Or are they just fancy deluxe skins now?

Ever since Valkyr Prime, it feels like warframes have moved from "original orokin-made designs" to just whatever the artist decides to create.  The way the Leverian talks about Gauss, you'd think that was the original version, not the Prime.  And there's also the case of the Chroma quest; if it had been wandering untouched for centuries, wouldn't it still be Primed?

- Will we be receiving additional Orokin decorations for dojos? Perhaps some Lua decorations? (i.e. The glowing white vines, broken wall/floor pieces)

- Will we have the option to add the Somachord or something similar to dojo rooms in a future update?

- Would it be possible to add the music from the apostasy prologue (Recant?) to the Somachord?

- Would it be possible for the Kuva Fortress to have a rare container of its own that rewards the player with Kuva?

- Are there any plans for Lua to have its own Orokin vault like the Derelict, but with its own set of of mods or other rewards?

- Will companions (Kubrows, Kavats, Helminth Chargers) be getting arcanes of their own?

- Would it be possible to add the relic refinement machine in the Observatory room in dojos?

- Will we be seeing more assassination bosses in the future? (i.e. Stalker, Zanuka, and Grustreg 3)

- Will Ordis receive more orbiter voice lines in the future?

- Will Cephalon Samodeus' lore be re-added into the game in the future?

- Will there be more plague zaw parts for Plague Star in the future?

3 hours ago, Diamondmatter said:

Can you talk about plans with the Leverian? I REALLY love it as a lore outlet to still give us something cool and interesting without the huge development time of quests like Octavia's Anthem, and I'd love to see it added to every Warframe and Prime Warframe. It's a nice little focus on the Warframe itself, things relating to it, and nothing else.

agreed , DE , keep qdding more to the leverian i love it too

Q: While the New Player Experience cinematic from Tenno-con is awesome, what changes are actually coming to the new player experience?

As the new player experience is now I cannot in any amount of good faith or fun recommend to my friends that they start playing Warframe. There are several factors at play here as to why I say this. These are listed below with my thoughts on them. Any context on how any of these will be adjusted for New Players would be amazing!

• The MR Gating System. I have no problem with the MR gating on riven mods as they are not needed to have a fun time, but i do have a major problem with it being applied to weapons/frames/companions in the extremes it is currently. You shouldn't force new players to spend an exuberant amount of time to get to where vets are, and also you shouldn't force players to play an exuberant amount of time with weapons or frames that they do not enjoy and are not fun to play. Currently this is the case. New players are already heavily gated on resources and access to BP for weapons via the star chart and not being in a clan.

• Lack of Communication in Game. Warframe has always been a players helping players community, which is great, but it needs to evolve to be more than that. As the controversy the that resulted from the Mod Drop chance booster showed, communication form DE is just as important as communication between players if not more so. I think DE needs to communicate more to its new players on how to play the game. New players shouldn't have to go through tons of Youtube videos to know how to do things in game. This includes things like how to start/unlock certain quests, how to capture/kill an Eidolon Terralyst, how to get focus and install a focus lens, how to apply forma and more.
    - More Information: We should be able to see either from the codex/market/both to know where warframe and weapon components come from. New players should not have to go to the wiki for this information.

• Speaking of Tutorials.
    - Rewarding?
    Give them the base version of these items (for instance give them a base lens for their school) to help with the tutorial.
    - New Quests? Maybe make some of these tutorials quests?

• Quests. Just about all of the quests need a complete overhaul, and more quests need to be added. Any quest that has an MR gate should have the quest be unlocked and have that be the first requirement of the quest.
    - Junctions: Completing Junctions should be a part of a quest. Have the quest give  they player one 7 day booster of every type, which is something a player will be able to take complete advantage of for after having completed every junction.
    - Main Quests: The following quest in the line should be awarded for completing the current quest you are on.
    - Natah: This quests needs to have it's starting point reworked entirely. Natah shouldn't start when you scan an Oculyst, but it should unlock from completing the Uranus Junction or completing The New Strange. Scanning an Oculyst should be the first objective for the quest. Also create a mission node that guarantees (can be a quest node) that Oculyst spawn.
    - Crafting: Oh boy, this is a big one. Any quest that requires a component to be crafted to progress needs to have to time to craft said component or item reduced to 1 minute. there is no reason a new player should have to wait several days to be able to continue this quest w/o paying premium currency. I'll be honest this can a be a first time thing for the items.
    +Archwing: First off see the above crafting note, this needs to be done for the Odanata if nothing else. Second see Main Quests note. With how integral archwings are to Emperyan, and certain nodes for certain planets this quest needs some TLC so badly.
    -Eidolon Hunting: You're first time hunting a terralyst should be through a quest where the first time is a kill and the second time is a capture. this quest would need to teach players that you need a lure to tether and two to capture. there a lot of ways to this type of quest properly for new players that is also very rewarding with information on how to play the game. This should reward you with a radiant shard and complete the quest line using said shards to generate focus for your operator.

• Content  Availability. The gap between new players and new content Warframe releases is already insanely large, and needs to be revised so that new players have a quicker time to get to where they want to be.
    - Resource Extractors: There is no reason a new player should be gated from from using resource extractors upon completing a planet. This is something that should come as a reward for completing a junction for said planet. A titan Extractor BP is something that should be given to new players for completing their first junction. Possibly the Distilling Extractor BP should also be given to players for completing one of the last few junctions. Also with more nodes requiring the main quests (and MR as a result) to be completed to certain point it is not fair to lock New Players from getting resources that were previously available to them otherwise. Also this would help New Players start to get through the MR system faster.
    - Eidolon Hunting: Oh boy do I remember the days where we could just do raid content w/o having to worry about a time of day. I really think there should be a bounty from Konzu permanently available for Eidolon Hunting. It should just force a group to play at the start of a night cycle on PoE. This would help alleviate, in my opinion, several problems faced by new players trying to get into Eidolon hunts for the first time. Also as not everyone has availability when the game has availability it will also help with that. For those who would like to be upset about this because of arcanes, then I would like to remind you that raids were previously how you could get arcanes and they were available 24/7.
    - Archwing Launcher: the archwing launcher is something that should be rewarded to players and not just available through clans.
    - Profit Taker: I cannot stress this enough but it makes little sense lore wise, and no sense reward wise that you need more than second rank with Solaris United to do these quests. By rewards i am referring to what profit taker drops when you defeat her, and not the drops from the "mission". Gaining access to something like this earlier makes the grind way less terrifying to new players, and would likely keep them in the game longer. This is really another version of MR gating (due to standing earn per day) that should probably be either removed or adjusted in some form or fashion for New Players.

I love this game and I want to be able to suggest it to my friends so that they can get involved with the game and have a fun time playing with me. I hope none of what was said felt like an attack, but more of just constructive criticism. The game is a ton of fun as you get past the current New Player Experience. A lot of the current New player experience served a functional purpose in the past that is largely no longer functional today.

This turned into a way longer post than originally intended, and may be best served as a separate thread with further expansion on possible tutorials that New Players would benefit from. Please let me know if I should do so. I just wanted to give as much context as I could to my question, and what I am hoping will be addressed.

Q: Will we be getting more Umbral mods? Will they be related to the New War?

Q: Can we get a precept mod for Helios to passively scan plants even after codex completion?
-Looking at you Vestan moss!

Q: More information on Cross-Saves?
- I have several friends that started on consoles and just refuse to go back through the New Player experience with as bad as it is now. These friends now play games on their PC, and this would help to bring them back into Warframe.

im looking forward to the ember rework part myself (very hopeful), so I only have a few questions this time 

1. any news or progress in regards to the next umbra frames spoken in dev 58 & 125 ?
  2. any progress on the liger deluxe excal skin ?
  3. will there be updates to excalibur and even say valkyrs kit as they were redone a few years ago at the same time such as internal synergy between powers

The first question I have is considering how both the grineer and now the corpus have a lot of unit diversity and variants, and a couple of infested units have just been added in, can we expect the infested faction to see the next big surge of unit types and unit variants?  Granted they don't hold weapons that you could easily swap out but even just asthetic differences based on the planet you're on would be cool.  Not only could the 'pure' infested have different colorations and 'accessories', but units like the charger and leaper could have different helmet/suit designs that would match the normal attire of the respective faction on particular planets.

My only other, very particular question, is about 'endgame' and the disruption game mode.  When disruption was first teased and after it came out, I was hoping that the buffs and de-buffs from the conduits would have some kind of lingering effect that would last for the remainder of the game.  After playing it and seeing how potent some of these buffs were, I figured that for a lot of them if they were successful (be it you either succeeded in protecting a positive buff or failed to protect a negative de-buff) a fraction of the effect would become permanent.  If you succeeded in protecting a conduit that gave +50% affinity, you would have +10% for the rest of the game.  If you failed to protect one that gave +75% heat damage to enemies, enemies would have +15% heat damage for the rest of the game.  These gradual buffs could stack and I just feel like this would be a neat way to make extended runs of the game mode more interesting as they would be very unique and slightly more rewarding as all of the buffs start compounding upon each other.  Did you ever consider doing something like this?  And will you consider it in the future as either an update to disruption, or potentially a unique variant like kuva survival?

Thanks for reading.

Some questions on implementation of QoL changes:
- Is there and idea to make the minimap differentiate between types of loot? Like, one icon for Orokin cells, the different one for statues, another for resource caches, another for crystall argon and everything else. It's really disappointing when you just skip Ayatan sculpture that was laying around there because you didn't look enough or even when you looked at every corner, you just passed it by. Would be a really neat thing, because when you need something really rare you have to look through the whole map and sometimes the thing you need doesn't even spawn.

- Steve mentioned about implementation of option to always sprint, but for some reason we still haven't got it. I mean, there is a selector in options, but it goes for the archwings too and it doesn't really work there, because you have to regulate your speed while flying all the time.

- Appearance loadouts for Operators. If I want to experiment with the face sliders, but don't want to ruin the face I've already created.

- Archwing weapon should get a look. First of all, it takes a lot to unlock them to use on the ground - and it's not satisfying at all. It really isn't good when big, heavy guns straight up lose to just the usual ones. And I'm not talking about buffing stats (still, they should be buffed - it's rather comical when enemies die from the Braton faster, than from archgun), the feel of the guns themselves is very weird. It feels like you're not shooting the guns of the biggest calibers, it feels like you're shooting a needle guns. Oh, and also the animation of sprinting with weapons diagonally just doesn't work, it feels like your warframe is on ice blades or something. Like, its whole body can be looking straight ahead, but it's moving diagonally. I hope you understand what I'm talking about.

I vaguely remember one of you guys saying some time ago that Railjack (was at least in a visual sense) was supposed to also work as a replacement for loading screens; going from open worlds directly to space and vice versa, going to and from missions from the railjack as well.

Did I completely misremember that or was that an actual consideration at some point that was scrapped due to the effort not being worth it? 

could the smoking body ephemera have a revamp? it just seems so... early 2000s-ish compared to the gorgeous design of warframes and even the lotus ephemera

a tiny detail, i know but it costs 1m credits and some grineer manic grinding to build and i really feel it has potential to look awesome instead of meh

So with the chimera update last year we lost the knockdown resistance on heavier melee weapons. During attack animations of heavy blades and hammers you were immune to knockdowns from all sides. This was more or less suddenly lost without any notice. Autoblocking is strictly inferior to this because knockdowns blocked that way still interrupt your combo and lock you in the block animation. On top of that it only helps against knockdowns coming from the front, while the so called melee momentum protected you from every side.

Will we get that back for our heavier melee weapons?

With slide attack weapons still being objectivly the best I think any nerfs to hammers and heavy blades are a bit uncalled for and if it wasnt a nerf I think we shouldnt let bugs and glitches decide the balancing of the game without thought, like when arcane velocity suddenly stopped working on mesa.

Archived