Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

REMOVE SLOT COSTS

LOD07

"Remove slot costs" isn't a "fan concept"...

You're annoyed at the costs, and that you have to pay those costs to get slots... Its a rant... And a rant has to be placed on "General Discussion", so that people can ignore it without feeling guilty...

... Me, on the other hand, will ignore you only after leaving this here...

... pay up for those slots like anyone else and get over it.

• Like 1

I might have to clearify.... I mean weapon, warframe, sentinel slots... As they are called the same I know see the middunderstanding. It isn't meant as a rant more of an opening to ideas... Either agree to my concept.... Remove slots for weapons etc (leave mod slots as they are) or tell me what kind of smart idea you have to do something about them.... 

Paying and getting over it... Really? Well that sure helps to fix issues... 

54 minutes ago, LOD07 said:

I mean weapon, warframe, sentinel slots...

So, like, inventory slots?

I think they're fine as they are. Right now, you can experience pretty much the entire game without paying, which is cool, but at the end of the day DE still needs to make money. Their monetisation model isn't predatory, in my view, but there are a few pressure points where they encourage the player to spend platinum: inventory slots and Orokin catalysts/reactors. I think this is just the right amount.

• Like 2

vor 5 Stunden schrieb GrayArchon:

So, like, inventory slots?

I think they're fine as they are. Right now, you can experience pretty much the entire game without paying, which is cool, but at the end of the day DE still needs to make money. Their monetisation model isn't predatory, in my view, but there are a few pressure points where they encourage the player to spend platinum: inventory slots and Orokin catalysts/reactors. I think this is just the right amount.

Really? I don't agree I have invested a lot in this game because..."i want to support the devs"... 

The point is though.... With over 600 woods in the game Currently and more to come with the loch system... Let's say we are then at 1000 different weapons.... If I would like to keep all of them I would need to spend 6000 plat just for the slots.... That's a little too crazy imo ... Especially as there is no other way to obtain them... You are forced to trade with players.... And to be honest the only thing that does give you plat these days are insane Rivens... (I know that there prime parts and certain mods for new players... Blablabla...) 

And I am willing to pay for something that doesn't belong to the actual Gameplay such as fashion items... But this is some what of a pay wall in my eyes... You either get good Rivens and have a good trade.... Or you buy plat... 

(not even mentioning here that for 1000 weapons, you would need 20000 plat for the catalysts... But as you can get them from Nightwave shop and from other missions...that's okay)

it is pretty stupid / cash grabby to charge for extra slots. Probably better to lock it to MR like they do with everything else, you get an extra slot every x ranks.

Personally i don't want more mod slots, i just want the ability to change mod loadouts in game so that i can adjust my gameplay as the obstacles i confront change. This is especially important now that more and more we're seeing missions where you are not facing only one type of enemy. You might be facing grineer one minute, infested or corpus the next, and having the ability to rapidly change your mod loadouts would allow underused MR fodder weapons like the Tiberon prime to shine. (don't care if you're a tiberon prime main, i have't seen a single other perosn using this weapon in six months.)

• Like 1

What's with people and false dichotomies? :facepalm:

19 hours ago, LOD07 said:

I don't agree I have invested a lot in this game because..."i want to support the devs"... 

And? it's still your choice to do so.  I've played the game for 5-6 years now and just recently spend 40 bucks to 'support the devs'

Let's say we are then at 1000 different weapons

overestimation and guesses, classic 

If I would like to keep all of them I would need to spend 6000 plat just for the slots

1- that's not how math works 
2- you're not 'meant' to get all of them. stop making it like you don't have a choice here. they didn't design this so you can keep every single weapon you could possibly get from this. can you do that? sure you can, but stop trying to change a system just because of your niche and unnecessary needs 

Especially as there is no other way to obtain them... You are forced to trade with players.... And to be honest the only thing that does give you plat these days are insane Rivens... (I know that there prime parts and certain mods for new players... Blablabla...) 

that's a classic one too. say something untrue, and then mention but disregard the actual facts.....rivens aren't the only plat source, and other items can you give you plat as well, choosing to ignore this to help your 'facts' is...well, your choice 

But this is some what of a pay wall in my eyes... You either get good Rivens and have a good trade.... Or you buy plat... 

or you trade smaller items and then gradually move on to bigger, better and more expensive ones....you know, like the devs intended? because htf could people get back 5 years ago when there's no rivens, amirite? 

(not even mentioning here that for 1000 weapons, you would need 20000 plat for the catalysts... But as you can get them from Nightwave shop and from other missions...that's okay)

:facepalm:

• Like 1

It's just amazing how people are argumenting.... 

I don't want any kind of fee.. Never said something like that 

I never underestimated the fact that plat can earned in small amounts by different things besides Rivens. 

And it's not a neech problem just for me... It's a game development issue. 

This slot system shows new players one thing and that is that this a p2p game... What isn't true...so why trying to defend that? 

And yes this is how math works... 

2 slots cost 12 plat...

We would have around 1000 weapons (not overestimated... Watch back the latest Devstreams...procedual weapons...mening this number could be even higher...) 

So 1000*12/2=6000 plat

To replie to your "classic, typical... Blablabla" bs...

You're the perfect example of a white knight. Defineding the game without letting any criticism near it... No room for discussion nothing. 

If I am not meant to get all weapons ot to keep them... Then that's your interpretation of it. Not mine. 

If DE gives me different weapons that I can build and level and max out I want to keep them... And test out every single one of them 

• Like 1

frankly, I can't  agree.

I have my complaints about de, and their free to play model.   this however, is so  non-egregious I can't even begin to start on how ridiculous this is.

they are cheap, they are easy to trade enough plat for.

i  mean, this is  really a non issue. you  get the  whole  game for  free.   they only  ask   you  to  pay if you want to get the maximum experience, since you  can realistically play through all quests without ever paying for a single slot, and franktly, potentially, if you're patient enough, you could never pay  a dime, and potentially,  not  even  trade... but  you CAN trade... ugh.

• Like 4

I would bet good money that slots are one of DE's main sources of revenue. DE doesn't charge you for using/playing with every weapon, frame, and companion in the game. All of the content is free. What isn't free is having all of that content at the same time. That doesn't seem particularly unfair or "cash-grabby" to me. It's simply another form of exclusivity, which has always been Warframe's main 'hook'.

3 hours ago, LOD07 said:

You're the perfect example of a white knight. Defineding the game without letting any criticism near it... No room for discussion nothing.

Its *DEFENDING*, just correcting you there just because I can...

I don't think that he is defending anything... But your predetermined intention is that anyone that doesn't agree with you is a "white knight", therefore they are "DEFENDING the game without letting any criticism near it... No room for discussion nothing"...

If you're trying to discuss anything here, then this is a GENERAL DISCUSSIONS topic that belongs in its respective section, and not Feedback.. Maybe before you think about calculating the values you preemptively will pay for all those slots that your OHD (H=Hoarder) demands you to, you should start to post things on their proper sections.

... I'm pretty sure that everyone will appreciate such a organization... Maybe they will end up taking you a bit more seriously too.

On 2019-10-06 at 8:59 PM, Uhkretor said:

Its *DEFENDING*, just correcting you there just because I can...

I don't think that he is defending anything... But your predominant intention is that anyone that doesn't agree with you is a "white knight", therefore they are "DEFENDING the game without letting any criticism near it... No room for discussion nothing"...

If you're trying to discuss anything here, then this is a GENERAL DISCUSSIONS topic that belongs in its respective section, and not Feedback.. Maybe before you think about calculating the values you preemptively will pay for all those slots that your OHD (H=Hoarder) demands you to, you should start to post things on their proper sections.

... I'm pretty sure that everyone will appreciate such a organization... Maybe they will end up taking you a bit more seriously too.

Oof... Why being rude man... Calm down. I didn't offen  you or called everybody a white knight. This thread has been moved to general discussion.... What do you want man. 

If you want call them Defending that's fine. I'm trying to defend the game as well with discussing topics like that. I never said I hate this game, it sucks or attacked anyone... So I am just calling one person a white knight because he didn't gave any real feedback or valid argument and I don't want to say that he wouldn't support or defend the game. I just believe that he wasn't open for a discussion about this topic. 

Sure I won't buy every slot for each weapon... I just calculated it for the case if someone would want every weapon on the game... 

On 2019-10-06 at 7:10 PM, motorfirebox said:

I would bet good money that slots are one of DE's main sources of revenue. DE doesn't charge you for using/playing with every weapon, frame, and companion in the game. All of the content is free. What isn't free is having all of that content at the same time. That doesn't seem particularly unfair or "cash-grabby" to me. It's simply another form of exclusivity, which has always been Warframe's main 'hook'.

.... Well I bet it's not... It's actually Prime Access... Prime Vault... SKINS... 

Because as already discussed... And I never said something else....

You can trade plat to obtain a couple of slots very easily 

To underline the words A Couple here just make sure nobody is turning these words against me. 

P. S. It's really sad how offensive people become when they see a topic they don't like in the first place.... Thinking about an idea or giving a good amount of feedback or some kind of valid argument is too much effort and time put into a comment.... or reply... Or just a thought. 

2 hours ago, LOD07 said:

It's actually Prime Access... Prime Vault... SKINS... 

Nice to know that you know all of DEs finances and what makes them money.....especially when the last time they talked about inventory slots they said that it is in fact one of the biggest plat sinks in the game.
After all everyone needs slots.  Not everyone buys PA, PV, or skins.

So please tell me:
What would you replace the revenue stream with?
What would you replace slots with that everyone would need?

Because unless you can do that its pretty much a non-starter.

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Tsukinoki:

Nice to know that you know all of DEs finances and what makes them money.....especially when the last time they talked about inventory slots they said that it is in fact one of the biggest plat sinks in the game.
After all everyone needs slots.  Not everyone buys PA, PV, or skins.

So please tell me:
What would you replace the revenue stream with?
What would you replace slots with that everyone would need?

Because unless you can do that its pretty much a non-starter.

If you say so then i won't say something against it. 

At least one is providing a reasonable argument. 

I don't know what to replace them with.... I just think that their upcoming kuva lich system is not going to work as they want it to. Because of procedual weapons... 

They didn't say that specifically but it I can imagine that almost every weapon is going to have a Kuva Weapon counterpart. If so... Are we supposed to just get rid of the original version and use the nwe version?? 

That would be stupid...

At least in my eyes... 

3 hours ago, LOD07 said:

They didn't say that specifically but it I can imagine that almost every weapon is going to have a Kuva Weapon counterpart. If so... Are we supposed to just get rid of the original version and use the nwe version?? 

Kinda like with Prime Weapons?

I never keep the unprimed version, when I get the prime. Even if I put like 6 forma into it.

As far as I can tell, it's also not intended that you horde kuva weapons (of course people will, but that's to be expected)

With the whole influence thing, the hunt for a kuva lich seems to be intended to take anywhere from 1 week to 1-2 months. I also believe you can't have more than 1 lich active at a time. So while it might be possible to no-live it and get 1 Kuva weapon a day, it's definitely not intended to be like that.

On 2019-10-06 at 2:49 AM, Hobie-wan said:

So you're saying you want a monthly fee instead?

Hard no.

Honestly, I'd personally prefer a monthly fee over modern monetisation systems. Would make the game a lot cheaper, at the very least. But therein lies the problem. Subscription MMOs didn't disappear for lack of interest. They disappeared simply because "free" games were able to generate a LOT more revenue, largely through gatcha schemes and gambling. Loot boxes are far from a new concept.

A monthly recurring subscription to Warframe which entitles me to all of the Boosters and offers temporary bonus slots for everything is something I'd pay $15 for, personally.

You can trade plat to obtain a couple of slots very easily 

This is a very relevant point, but not the one you think it is; People trade for Plat. So... guess what? Somebody actually bought Plat. They paid.

You may be free-to-play, trading for that Plat yourself, but the second you spend it on something that isn't trade to another player, the credit is spent. Everyone needs slots, so whoever is paying for the Plat you're trading is paying for slots instead of you, meaning on matter how you got that Plat, it's a payment into the game.

Plat is a simple credit system. You, or somebody else, has paid into a non-refundable credit with DE, Plat is the measure of that credit. You then trade that credit around between players until those players then sink it into something that cannot be refunded into Plat, such as a cosmetic or Slot. In either case you are simply getting the 'value' of the credit already purchased.

DE gets the money, you facilitated it, and DE just uses these 'costs' in the game to keep track.

What the cost of Slots is there for, specifically, is incentive for the Plat purchases in the first place. If they were free, why would people buy Plat so regularly? Cosmetics are pretty, but they aren't needed to expand your arsenal. Prime Access is pretty, but it's a real-money transaction that also grants plat, it's both expensive and also not part of the core gameplay, and people can earn the parts for all of it for free. Prime Vault again has quick access to the shiny things, but players can get them in game without paying.

The only thing players can't get without somebody having paid something to DE is? Slots. There is no way to get to 40+ slots for frames without having Plat, there is no way to reach 200+ slots for Weapons without having Plat. Slots are the only hard monetisation DE has in the game. Everything else is just the same free-to-play 'this makes everything easier and this makes everything prettier' function that all free-to-play games have, and is optional.

Slots have a Plat cost because they're the one thing that you can't truly play this game without. Sure you could do everything as a single solitary frame and count on a team to carry you through the things that frame isn't suited for. Sure you could do everything by cycling through your Arsenal until you found your 'all round' best weapons. And you could use your 'starter' Plat to buy a slot for a spare frame for Mastery, and some spare slots for Mastery weapons, but you aren't truly playing this game if you don't have access to multiple frames for multiple purposes, multiple weapons for varied and functional interactions with your frames.

So you're never going to get rid of the cost of Slots. Not a chance.

Edited by Birdframe_Prime
  • Like 1

Alright alright. We'll this thread was created to discuss. So... I have to agree sure that your point seems legit.. 

I still believe though that there should be more ways to obtain slots. 

I'm not a f2p player... Spend already too much imo... 

Is it weird that I sort of agree with the ( very last) post of the OP?

I think it would be nice if say, the archwing quest gave you two weapon slots, then something else later gives you one pair of mechanical slots, and possibly a new Warframe slot at like Pluto.  

Just those times specifically, just a one-off, to entice players to engage more ( I do not, of course, support the insanity of the original request)

I just feel like it could onboard a hair more, since the starting stuff can be daunting.