Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Atlas Prime: Hotfix 25.8.2

[DE]Megan

1 hour ago, Senguash said:

People complaining about having to play the game isn't feedback.

It went from being impossibly difficult to trivially easy to get rank 60 in nightwave, and challenges are repeatedly being made easier.

Its supposed to be fun, not a chore.. 
and these aren't designed to be hard.

Thank you DE for the hotfix and great work. But some changes are killing the game and changing the game type to solo mod , i hope the future fixes will be more to make players play in squads not in solo mod. Have great and peaceful weekend.😎

Thanks for the hotfix

It went from being impossibly difficult to trivially easy to get rank 60 in nightwave, and challenges are repeatedly being made easier.

When people complain about content it just gets made easier until they stop complaining, and the reason the stopped complaining with because the content ended up being quick and easy. Elite challanges end up just feeling like a chore, but if the chores are quick who will complaint?

This approach is part of what causes that feeling of content drought people also complain about.

This isn't nearly as good an example as what was done to the plains resource economy, but it is another example of retroactively undermining your own content for no real reason.

I'm writing this somewhat harsh comment because it's been an ongoing issue for a long time now.

You need to start also looking for ways to introduce additional challenge. 

Doing 60 minutes of kuva survival without using a normal life support was a lot more engaging than applying a single forma.

Having forma as a nightwave "challenge" is punishing people for playing the game, just like gilding a weapon. Applying 3 formas isn't challenge either, it's just a waste of resources if you've already forma'd everything you care to. I haven't put any forma into my halikar (for instance) because its complete crap and I won't waste forma on it simply because obnoxious intrusive space radio lady wants me to. Likewise, it's utterly pointless me putting another forma in my Lesion (for instance) because the 2 it already has is enough to make it do everything I'd ask of it.

Likewise, weapon gilding "challenges" punish people who have actually played the game and already tested out various modular equipment builds to find the one which fits them the most. It's wasting resources and time on something that you've already got and do not need again.

hace 20 minutos, Heidi dijo:

What happend with the vitus essence drops from the drones in arbitration? They just began do drop less and less after each hotfix. Nice stealth nerf DE. 

Even with resource boost and resource drop booster, wasted 80 pl and the fu***ng drones refused to drop it.😠

vor einer Stunde schrieb --Q--Multimeter:

Thx for the hotfix 🙂

Are there any plans to bring back the machete? It's the only weapon that wasn't available for over two years now besides as random login reward.

I'm only playing since a Year and i already got the Machete, I think it was a login reward and i just hit 301 logindays today so guess you are just unlucky but the weapon still is in the game

vor 1 Minute schrieb Alorax:

I'm only playing since a Year and i already got the Machete, I think it was a login reward and i just hit 301 logindays today so guess you are just unlucky but the weapon still is in the game

I know that you can still obtain it through login, that's why I wrote besides login :). I'm sitting here with 1080+ login days without drop 😞

vor 1 Minute schrieb --Q--Multimeter:

I know that you can still obtain it through login, that's why I wrote besides login :). I'm sitting here with 1080+ login days without drop 😞

FeelsUnluckyMan, hope you're gonna get you Machete someday ^^

Thanks a bunch for the relic drop changes on Disruption. Now I can pick which relic era I want to farm, and just farm that. Loved the reward system in the initial Disruption release, where you could choose to keep farming B rotation as long as you want. Now I can put it to use to fix my lith relic draught, and still farm up Neos when I need them.

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Nightwave Changes:
The following Acts for future Nightwaves have been changed based on player feedback:

• The ‘Polarized’ Act has changed from 3 Forma to 1 Forma. 
  • The ‘Grove Guardian’ Act has changed from killing 3 Silver Grove Specters to 1.

Very welcome, thank you

Thanks for the hotfix

When people complain about content it just gets made easier until they stop complaining, and the reason the stopped complaining with because the content ended up being quick and easy. Elite challanges end up just feeling like a chore, but if the chores are quick who will complaint?

This approach is part of what causes that feeling of content drought people also complain about.

This isn't nearly as good an example as what was done to the plains resource economy, but it is another example of retroactively undermining your own content for no real reason.

I'm writing this somewhat harsh comment because it's been an ongoing issue for a long time now.

You need to start also looking for ways to introduce additional challenge. 

Doing 60 minutes of kuva survival without using a normal life support was a lot more engaging than applying a single forma.

I agree with you in general principle, however these specific changes I think are very welcome.  As you note, the forma challenge is not engaging, but it is resource intensive and takes considerable RNG farming (or plat) to attempt.

And hunting and fighting the specters would be a cool challenge, if they didn't require running around ALL the tilesets with your scanner out for however long it takes you to farm up the apothic you want instead of doing cool ninja stuff.

I gotta be honest, these fixes to the drop tables feel awfully late. All it takes is someone to update a few lines of code and you guys left this for 2 weeks effectively making prime access a slog to farm for.

This feels very much like a "Oh we made a mistake... but maybe it will sell more prime access? Let's tell them we'll fix it soon". Which has now become a word synonymous with DE and often causes some major trepidation from the community (at least it does for me, maybe its just me, I shouldn't speak for all).

Food for thought.

I am overwhelmingly grateful for a solid way to farm axi relics now though. Thank you.

Atlas Prime: Hotfix 25.8.2

Nightwave Changes:
The following Acts for future Nightwaves have been changed based on player feedback:

• The ‘Grove Guardian’ Act has changed from killing 3 Silver Grove Specters to 1.

Disruption Relic Reward Changes:
Based on some great player feedback we’ve shifted Relic types around per Rotation for some Disruption nodes to better balance the reward vs length of time you’re dedicating to the mission: 

Sedna/Kelpie

• Rotation A Rewards now drop Meso Relics, replacing Lith Relics
  • Rotation B Rewards now drop Neo Relics, replacing Meso Relics
  • Rotation C Rewards now drop Axi Relics, replacing Neo Relics

Uranus/Ur

Lua/Apollo

• Rotation A Rewards now drop Neo Relics, replacing Lith Relics
  • Rotation B Rewards now drop Axi Relics, replacing Meso Relics

Jupiter/Ganymede

• Rotation C Rewards now drop Axi Relics only, Meso Relics have been removed

Mars/Olympus

• Removed duplicate Lith Relic from Rotation A Rewards
  • Rotation B Rewards now drop Lith Relics, replacing Meso Relics
  • Rotation C Rewards now drop Meso Relics, replacing Neo Relics

thanks for the hotfix. glad mars dropped to lith and meso. people dont understand that you shouldnt be getting T3 relics easy from T1 planet.

34 minutes ago, DoomFruit said:

Having forma as a nightwave "challenge" is punishing people for playing the game, just like gilding a weapon. Applying 3 formas isn't challenge either, it's just a waste of resources if you've already forma'd everything you care to. I haven't put any forma into my halikar (for instance) because its complete crap and I won't waste forma on it simply because obnoxious intrusive space radio lady wants me to. Likewise, it's utterly pointless me putting another forma in my Lesion (for instance) because the 2 it already has is enough to make it do everything I'd ask of it.

Likewise, weapon gilding "challenges" punish people who have actually played the game and already tested out various modular equipment builds to find the one which fits them the most. It's wasting resources and time on something that you've already got and do not need again.

Very well said!

Nightwave Changes:

This is a welcoming change, though not really necessary as these were among easiest of the Elite Weekly acts. The Day Trader and the Sortie Expert should be decreased from 3 to 1.

Day Trader maybe should be removed completely as it requires very high competence from the whole team, and even higher amount of luck. Winning one wager without enemy scoring or winning three matches in row without enemy scoring is challenging for some, but doable. Winning three wagers in a single match, without enemy scoring in even one of those wagers is impossible for at least 99% of WF active players. So either removal or decrease of requirement to bring it in line with other acts is needed.

Sortie Expert takes way to long to complete. Theoretically at least 21 hours, unless you are living a bit eastern when that time climbs to 30-35 depending how far away from Greenwich you live. Granted, still much lower than 72 were needed for the Polarized if you had no already built formas when you get this act. But too long anyway. Should be single Sortie.

1 hour ago, LordPantaloonsthe3rd said:

No  fix for this?

I cant forma my decuron

I was dismayed for precisely the same reasons - I got a Dual Decurion riven recently - but fear not! I found that the UI works if you attempt to modify the archgun from its regular location directly below where you equip your archwing.

1 hour ago, Kylo. said:

Thanks for the patch notes.

jlIBzI.png 

You don't have to make it this easy. Two would be fine as two is the max amount of apothics per mission per person.

Yeah, but the reason is because of how apothic is collected:
Nobody is asking for "complete 3 ext missions" to be brought to 1 because you do it by playing the game. Specifically by killing enemies, using abilities, parkouring, etc. The things that make warframe warframe. 

I imagine people asked to reduce silver grove because to do it you gotta stop doing those things people love to stand there and scan plants. Which, for most people I talk to, is not why people play warframe. 

Archived