Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Atlas Prime: Hotfix 25.8.2

[DE]Megan

7 hours ago, Senguash said:

Thanks for the hotfix

People complaining about having to play the game isn't feedback.

It went from being impossibly difficult to trivially easy to get rank 60 in nightwave, and challenges are repeatedly being made easier.

When people complain about content it just gets made easier until they stop complaining, and the reason they stopped complaining is the content becomes quick and easy. Elite challanges end up just feeling like a chore, but if the chores are quick who will complaint?

This approach is part of what causes that feeling of content drought people also complain about.

This isn't nearly as good an example as what was done to the plains resource economy, but it is another example of retroactively undermining your own content for no real reason.

I'm writing this somewhat harsh comment because it's been an ongoing issue for a long time now.

You need to start also looking for ways to introduce additional challenge. 

Doing 60 minutes of kuva survival without using a normal life support was a lot more engaging than applying a single forma.

It's hard to simultaneously cater for the "nolife farm plat to skip", "nolife in solo" and "nolife with your friend" group. The plat farmer only care about content that gives them plat more efficiently, soloist will want to easier content so they can solo it, and grouper will want harder content so they can have something to solve together. There's many "cheesy" instances when solo is somehow easier than group, but literally nobody complained about them, and DE only found out them when some streamer/youtuber made it public knowledge.

And there's a common theme. It's the nolifing, people nolifed for 2k hours in the game to get to whatever arbitrary goals they set up, and then complained about lack of content, completely forgetting the 2k hours of content they just spent their lives on.

You simply don't see people with 500 hours (aka "casual" by this game standard, though 500 hours in any other games would be already quite hardcore) complaining. They barely even get to the character customization screen lol

6 minutes ago, toafarmer said:

No content. Not surprised. 

Kuva Liches are coming in the next mainline, which should be either next week or the week after. 

2 minutes ago, AzureTerra said:

Shame you caved to the whingers on nightwave, the totally optional reward track that people do not have to do anything they don't like the look of in

Shame you can't see that you are losing literally nothing and other people are gaining the ability and opportunity to get rewards they might not have been able to before - seems like it's all upside from where I'm standing.

Can you please compensate those of us who didnt get Axi A6 from Interception but got tons of P2? Ran 12 waves of interception yesterday, took 50 minutes, got like 3 p2. 

Huge waste of time, really frustrating, I dont know what to think if the drop tables can just be false. How do I even know that rare things drop at the chance they're supposed to, if at all?

7 hours ago, Bioboygamer said:

Kuva Liches are coming in the next mainline, which should be either next week or the week after. 

Shame you can't see that you are losing literally nothing and other people are gaining the ability and opportunity to get rewards they might not have been able to before - seems like it's all upside from where I'm standing.

What im losing out on is the progressive erosion of any effort or challenge as its washed away by the whingers who cant possible accept that maybe they might have to skip a thing.

vor 17 Stunden schrieb Senguash:

Thanks for the hotfix

It went from being impossibly difficult to trivially easy to get rank 60 in nightwave, and challenges are repeatedly being made easier.

When people complain about content it just gets made easier until they stop complaining, and the reason they stopped complaining is the content becomes quick and easy. Elite challanges end up just feeling like a chore, but if the chores are quick who will complaint?

[...]

Doing 60 minutes of kuva survival without using a normal life support was a lot more engaging than applying a single forma.

Well to be fair these challenges weren't hard from the beginning, you could to the forma challenge in literally in less than a minute and just waste some forma, dont get me wrong im all for making nightwave a bit more challanging and agree with you in generall, but i do think challanges like the forma one dont need to exist at allin the context of being hard to do, but i also see why they included those. They have often stated that some of thses challenges are done to show new and old players what the game has to offer and maybe remind them or introduce them to other content. The problem being here, that old players are forced to do easy and boring content that feels like a chore and new players are faced with content they can't do yet, leading to both parts of the playerbase feeling unsatisfied with the challenges. 

So my, maybe a bit unpopular, solution would be that the standing you can earn each week would be capped so that older players can just do the elite challengesto get the standing through a harder but maybe not so boring and repetitvie way, while the new players can do easier challenges that are designed to show them what the game has to offer. Obviously the challanges would have to be reworked a lot and he amount of standing you can earn through challenges should stay the same as it is currently if you do all of them each week. I understand that this might give players the feeling again that thier progress is a bit throttled the same way with other standing caps, but i do think it would be the best solution overall. Even though it might not be easy to make and some older players might feel bad if newer players could earn as much standing each week just by doing "easier" challanges, though the numbers could always be tweaked a little so that it might still be so that going the harder way gives you a bit more of an advantage besides efficiency.

Also sorry for the rambling and the bad english.

On 2019-10-18 at 8:44 AM, Senguash said:

Thanks for the hotfix

It went from being impossibly difficult to trivially easy to get rank 60 in nightwave, and challenges are repeatedly being made easier

This approach is part of what causes that feeling of content drought people also complain about.

You need to start also looking for ways to introduce additional challenge. 

EXACTLY! (Although I wouldn't say "impossibly" difficult lol other than that its) Exactly my thoughts right when i read the changes for the first time... I have been playing for over 4 years now and I LOVE the game, but seriously, who in the F$%^ thought this was a good idea???? seriously? I would like to know for real. Cause I literally scoffed, snorted and laughed in frustration at the ridiculousness of these NW changes. I liked the first NW the best so far and not for the story but how challenging it was.

It truly feels (from a "veterans" view point) like an absolutely disrespectful slap to our faces, and like you only care about what the newer players think or care about, even though we are the ones that have stuck by your side all this time and have shown loyalty, yet we seem to be getting less and less loyalty back form you with this kind of crap, or perhaps you don't think we can handle the pressure or one off many other things it makes me fell like. But one thing is for sure, i will not be playing this game for much longer if these kinds of changes keep getting made, and you keep pandering to the NOOOBIES. 

Look I will always love this game but unless you give me a challenge that i can have fun with and sink my teeth into i am going to move on very soon and i don't want that to happen. 

I have an idea, PLZ DEVS of DE IMPLEMENT THIS CHANGE FOR THE SAKE OF YOUR DAMN FUTURE. THX and MUCH LOVE :D

OK so here's the idea, its simple but it will work, do exactly what you just did and also do the opposite and make the difficulty higher, and then make it a scaling thing rated by your MR rating, or take that wherever you can, or perhaps some other people may have some input on this idea and can add to trying to fix this? For all players noobs to vets. ( sorry that was a little confusing but i'm sure you get the idea lol XD )

Oh just had another idea before i send this msg. so would it be possible to maybe add something in the options with a slider bar for optional higher difficulty or something...? anything but this... "not like this" lol :D 

Anyway sorry to be so harsh DE but i am just tired of this crap and you totally broke the camels back for me with this one. This is my first post ever i believe and this is what made me finally do it. But again I do love you guys and the game just want you to know. I hope you guys make the right choices and keep us loyal vets around cause we like being here truly :)

EDIT adding one last thing haha

Just wanted to make a quick note and add that I understand why you did what you did with NW and that's great for the people new to the game who this will help the most and also help to keep them around, I want that too cause I don't want the game to die. But can't it go both ways? You brought it down for them, now can you bring it up for us? That's all i'm saying. 

Maybe make one of them a solo or squad of 2 and no more, arbitration's run for 30, 45, 60 or even 90 min or something based on MR or the slider like i mentioned earlier.

PLZ READ THIS DE, and try to use these ideas to better the game for ALL, OR PLZ let me know why you think you can't if that be the case...i really hope not though. But otherwise thx for everything :D

(One thing unrelated to this posting really fast, PLZ DON'T TAKE AWAY THE ABILITY TO QUICK SWITCH FROM MELEE TO FIRING WEAPONS!! IDK if i read that wrong on the other page, or if we are getting both but i LOVE that about melee the most and you should just make it so we can go into melee without having to swing every time just to go into it. sorry total side note lol god I really hope we don't lose that unbelievably amazing awesomeness! That we have had for such a short time. Be a shame to lose it so quick.)

136 hotfixes since chimera update and still no fix for melee locking your movement and momentum isn't working.

staticor is still firing on one hand instead of both hands.

Sword and shield's shields are being holstered too high despite using final harbinger.

Before chimera update:

koQE7oR.jpg

now:

DzgfwBv.jpg

On 2019-10-18 at 6:44 PM, Senguash said:

Thanks for the hotfix

Yeah, my thoughts and feelings are similar. Nightwave challenges are gradually becoming no challenges. Just like PoE and Fortuna economics had been tremendously degraded, Nightwave is following the same path. Fishing? Mining? What are these and why would I wanna do that? Kill or find somebody/party to kill for you a few thumpers and you are set for a lifetime.
With the standing getting increased and the requirements getting reduced my feeling is that Nightwave challenges are becoming, bit by bit, everyday routines. You don't even have to check on them as you will unintentionally do them... by accident 🙂

Please can you adapt the Blazing Step Ephemera drop chance (1,01%) to the drop chance of any other Ephemera (5%) because at the moment a player have to expect between 84 hours and 168 hours of gameplay just to get this Ephemera that is out of any proportion (especially a player who have grind Elite Sanctuary Onslaught hard after it release and don't need anything else from there - there is a point where the fun ends)  

• Pexilus Mod Slot: An extra Mod Slot for primary and secondary weapons, exclusively for Utility Mods!

• Three additional purchasable Upgrade and Appearance configs, meaning you can expand it up to 6 total per Warframe and Weapon!

For the upcoming update The Old Blood, please consider adding 14 (15) or more free mod points when applying the new Pexilus slot for weapon for a total of 74 (75?) instead of 60. I say 74 or more by reference, because it's the same for the warframes with the aura slot.

Currently when i see what i have in my arsenal, i have a weapon with 2 primed mods and a Riven in slots, for a total of 7 slots with polarities, with 3 points left (even worse, i have a mod with 7 drain on my last slot nor formated).

I will not have the possibility to add a full ranked exilus mod without having the 9 slots with polarities.

This is broken by design if it don't come with some additionnal points.

What would be the purpose of purchasable upgrade configs if i have all the slots formated ? Versability just would be at zero.

You can't add an additionnal slot without giving use addinal points, i hope it's not what you're planning.

It worked on warframes, just because we have aura slots that give 14 to 18 free points.

12 hours ago, Alpha56 said:
  • Pexilus Mod Slot: An extra Mod Slot for primary and secondary weapons, exclusively for Utility Mods!

• Three additional purchasable Upgrade and Appearance configs, meaning you can expand it up to 6 total per Warframe and Weapon!

For the upcoming update The Old Blood, please consider adding 14 (15) or more free mod points when applying the new Pexilus slot for weapon for a total of 74 (75?) instead of 60. I say 74 or more by reference, because it's the same for the warframes with the aura slot.

Currently when i see what i have in my arsenal, i have a weapon with 2 primed mods and a Riven in slots, for a total of 7 slots with polarities, with 3 points left (even worse, i have a mod with 7 drain on my last slot nor formated).

I will not have the possibility to add a full ranked exilus mod without having the 9 slots with polarities.

This is broken by design if it don't come with some additionnal points.

What would be the purpose of purchasable upgrade configs if i have all the slots formated ? Versability just would be at zero.

You can't add an additionnal slot without giving use addinal points, i hope it's not what you're planning.

It worked on warframes, just because we have aura slots that give 14 to 18 free points.

You know, something akin to Stances or aura for guns like how melee have would help on the points and angle while giving weapons more options in how they work. Perhaps such mods could determine some overall handling or boost?

Greetings DE, I come out of my slumber once again :

Can you please do something about STEALTH ,especially the enemies vision cones? 

Right now MR9 is barely possible!!

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1132705-stealth-mastery-rank-bugged/

Their vision is better & they're more aware, yes, but it makes clearing a mission without invisibility or cheesing undoable.

On 2019-10-18 at 5:44 PM, Senguash said:

Forcing me to do S#&$ challenges like "waste 3 formas to get a reward of 3 formas" or "do again this horrifyingly boring Titania mission" neither fun nor challenging. The less I have to do this the more I will enjoy actually doing Nightwave missions. 

7 minutes ago, Cpt_Thule said:

DE, any eta on update 26 release if possible?

On the Devstream they said "Monday" but that literally almost never happens. 

Given they had the goal of Monday, I'm going to guess either between 4-8PM EST today or some time tomorrow. Hopefully, then they can get out any major hotfixes before the weekend rather than shipping a janky mainline on Friday with no hotfixes till Monday. 

I think they've picked up that people appreciate when they're able to launch mainlines in this fashion. Much like not running hotfixes during night time in Cetus.

I would even say, given that most of us are accustomed to a little waiting. l o l . Even if DE thinks they're good for a launch later on in the week, I'd gladly wait the extra few days for a Mon-Tuesday launch every time around. Not only that, I imagine it must be less stressful for DE staff to not have to worry so much about it over the weekend lol. 

I don't understand.

The entire goal of Nightwave was to bring a more consistent stream of content into the game, so that the huge gaps between significant content weren't functionally murdering the player base.  They're modelling this off of the Fortnite design, who aped it from a dozen other sources.  The point here is to force players back into old content to get the new, effectively recycling the stuff constantly so that you keep your base engaged.

The people here claiming that challenge was ever the goal...I just don't get.  Warframe is by its mechanics not a game built around challenge, but around grind.  When you moan about any one group ruining the game, you miss the point that doing anything requires an investment.  Let's look at syndicates.  You grind gear to get MR.  MR gives you the ability to get more syndicate points.  The syndicate points require grinding relics to rank up.  Once you've ranked up you grind for the rewards, which are gear for mastery and relics....  Not challenging, unless you decide to get into the broken level scaling in the game.

Likewise, new players are needed to keep the game alive.  I'd suggest that everyone moaning about newbies check where their platinum comes from.  A new player pays so development can continue, and an older player gives up gear accumulated through grinding.  If you don't introduce enough content to the new player crowd then you can't exactly keep supporting the people who pay nothing.

My greater issue is that the intermissions are getting longer.  Based upon the 30 ranks, we're looking at an intermission that will last as long as a season.  About 3 levels per week, 30 levels, puts us well into the 10-12 week intermission period.  Not exactly an intermission if it lasts as long as an act....right?  The lack of investment required to get these levels doesn't bother me nearly as much as the fact that DE is communicating that they cannot support the system, but are too deeply entrenched to back out and do something they can actually sustain.  

This isn't a problem of balancing hard core and casual, but the ability to sustain content which has been demonstrated to be a greater draw than any past items.  DE isn't keeping up, and instead of stopping and redeveloping they're building in longer periods between the content and playing it off as nothing.  That cavalier attitude is...frustrating.

On a side note, I've recently been watching some reporting on the dead MMOs of the past.  The common theme to these is that the flow of content is the lifeblood of the game.  Warframe has as much flow as your stereotype nerd.  It gets content in fits and spasms; the content ranges from improvements (Rivens, Primes, Vandals, etc...), to new things to do (Archwing, disruptions, sorites, etc...), to actual content (weapons, frames, etc...).  It's generally accepted that Warframe experiences a months long content drought between their larger open worlds...the kind that kills other games.  I think DE finally got this after the "I'm quitting because there's nothing to cover" yearly cycle.  Unfortunately the changes are a bare minimum and don't exactly entice given the huge input required for the one of two good outputs that aren't available anywhere else (read: Umbral Forma).  It's interesting to see such a critical content failure, and the community blaming themselves.  When Destiny and Anthem did it people knew it was the developer not supporting it through a lack of resources, but it seems like this community swallows it....a bit of a quandry from where I sit.  I see that after 5+ years nothing changed.  DE is making plenty of money (read, 250,000 given away implies income profits in excess of that), but they act like they're constantly dying.  It's like a certain cat.... 

Dear DE : This has been a problem since late summer : Nora night's face doesn't show up or speak outside of cutscenes. It's just not there, and when I view cred offerings, it's just a white screen instead of her face. I do hope you can investigate and figure out a fix for this. It's not urgent, I just wanna know why I am the only one experiencing this.

Archived