Jump to content

The End of Red Crits on Melee


Recommended Posts

Blood Rush - Will now scale differently, using a stacking multiplier based on the Combo Counter, raising (X)% per Combo Counter tier (something much easier to achieve in Phase 2). We will provide the final % pending more testing. 

oh and btw the crit multiplier on bloodrush for combos only applies to HEAVY attacks.

Edited by (NSW)Katsuro
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

What does Condition Overload have to do with the critical tier of your melee attack? And we don’t even have the final numbers for Blood Rush or the combo multiplier, so red crits may still be possible or even easier then before.

Seems like a knee-jerk reaction to me.

  • Like 15
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ExcaliburUmbra said:

What does Condition Overload have to do with the critical tier of your melee attack? And we don’t even have the final numbers for Blood Rush or the combo multiplier, so red crits may still be possible or even easier then before.

Seems like a knee-jerk reaction to me.

Condition Overload is what made the ninkondi prime so great

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ExcaliburUmbra said:

What does Condition Overload have to do with the critical tier of your melee attack? And we don’t even have the final numbers for Blood Rush or the combo multiplier, so red crits may still be possible or even easier then before.

Seems like a knee-jerk reaction to me.

Considering they're trying to use the CO changes to make an argument about red crits? It's 100% knee-jerk and they're completely reaching. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, (NSW)Katsuro said:

Condition Overload is what made the ninkondi prime so great

Sure, still not seeing why that’s relevant to your thread title about “the end of red crits”. Maybe you should have titled it “the end of Ninkondi Prime” if that’s what you wanted to discuss.

Plus, depending on the final numbers Condition Overload could still be just as strong for most content while requiring less status stacks. For most players who don’t run builds that stack 6+ statuses at once on enemies, they might even see performance improvements. 

Until we get the final numbers, I feel leaping to the conclusion that it’s all nerfs is short-sighted to say the least.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, ExcaliburUmbra said:

What does Condition Overload have to do with the critical tier of your melee attack?

The answer is simple. Condition overload has EVERYTHING to do with red critical hits. Let me explain below:

It has absolutely nothing to do with red critical hits at all.

These balance changes should be interesting to see.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, (NSW)Katsuro said:

Blood Rush - Will now scale differently, using a stacking multiplier based on the Combo Counter, raising (X)% per Combo Counter tier (something much easier to achieve in Phase 2). We will provide the final % pending more testing. 

Condition Overload - Now stacks at a maximum of 3 Status Effects, however damage is being increased from 60% to a higher percent to balance the change. Final % to come. 

Welp time to throw away my Ninkondi Prime and back to nikanas or sword & shield

But Condition Overload doesn't effect critical chance... plus many players spin to win with maiming strike.

At worst , replace CO with maiming and you still have red crits. Or use deconstructor with gladiator mods on it. Or get a crit chance riven. Or use a kavat with cat's eye.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, (XB1)Phantom Clip said:

But Condition Overload doesn't effect critical chance... plus many players spin to win with maiming strike.

At worst , replace CO with maiming and you still have red crits. Or use deconstructor with gladiator mods on it. Or get a crit chance riven. Or use a kavat with cat's eye.

nerfing CO will kill status weapons not only melee but primary/secondary weapons too lol. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CodeUltimate said:

nerfing CO will kill status weapons not only melee but primary/secondary weapons too lol. 

CO does not effect primary or secondary weapons. It's the other way around. 

It's not a nerf until you see the final numbers.

No one is stacking 15 different status effects on every enemy just to get a kill from CO. You might get 5-6 status procs (16x damage) before you or the enemy are dead.  If it takes 6 melee swings or If you need more than 6 status to kill an enemy, you need a better build. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, (XB1)Phantom Clip said:

CO does not effect primary or secondary weapons. It's the other way around. 

It's not a nerf until you see the final numbers.

No one is stacking 15 different status effects on every enemy just to get a kill from CO. You might get 5-6 status procs (16x damage) before you or the enemy are dead.  If it takes 6 melee swings or If you need more than 6 status to kill an enemy, you need a better build. 

I'm talking about weapons like the cyanex and the zakti lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
il y a 1 minute, SilvaDreams a dit :

Funny because it was good before CO even existed. It just gave it new life.

Ninkondi prime was released long after CO actually but i appreciate the intent. 

 

The proposed changes make no actual sense to give feedback to because a) we got no numbers, not even tentative ones, and b) de has a very big nomenclatura problem so some of the changes might mean literally anything. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, CodeUltimate said:

nerfing CO will kill status weapons not only melee but primary/secondary weapons too lol. 

 

22 minutes ago, (XB1)Phantom Clip said:

CO does not effect primary or secondary weapons. It's the other way around. 

 

18 minutes ago, CodeUltimate said:

I'm talking about weapons like the cyanex and the zakti lol

I have no idea of how you think CO works. 

Condition Overload only increases melee damage based on the number of status procs on enemy. 

It has zero effect on any other weapon type. 

Nerfing CO has zero effect on Cyanex or Zakti. Lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Diavoros said:

Imagine overreacting before having the final numbers on stats.

Imagine not reacting at all and not bringing up something that the devs might not have considered so they can address it before it becomes an issue...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Gonna say it now, I kind of expect condition overload to wind up weaker overall but easier to reach max damage with due to capping at 3 status.

So basically raising the floor of the damage but reducing the ceiling.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aldain said:

Gonna say it now, I kind of expect condition overload to wind up weaker overall but easier to reach max damage with due to capping at 3 status.

So basically raising the floor of the damage but reducing the ceiling.

I’ll go a step further:

I think this is a change designed to directly affect how easy it would have been to kill high level Sentients during the New War.

3 types of damage vs more than 3.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...