Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This intermission looks rather long.....

Jarriaga

https://www.warframe.com/news/nightwave-intermission-ii?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social-post&utm_campaign=nightwave-series2

Rank Rewards include:
1. 150 Intermission II Creds
2. 2000 Endo
3. Weapon Slots x2
4. 200 Ducats
5. Arlo's Flame Decoration
6. 50 Intermission II Creds
7. Kuva x 20000
8. Wolf Salute - Emote
9. Orokin Catalyst
10. Orokin Reactor
11. 50 Intermission II Creds
12. Kuva x 20000
13. Napalm Grenades (Augment)
14. 3-Day Affinity Booster
15. Eidolon Ephemera
16. 50 Intermission II Creds
17. Exilus Adapter
18. Ancient Scrawl
19. Liset Athari Skin
20. Wild Frenzy (Augment)
21. 50 Intermission II Creds
22. 3 Forma Bundle
23. Ayatan Anasa Sculpture
24. 50 Intermission II Creds
25. Arcane Energize
26. Aura Forma
27. Warframe Slot
28. Saturn Six Syandana
29. Umbra Forma
30. Saturn Six Armor Bundle

It goes all the way to Rank 30 instead of Rank 15 like the previous intermission, so it's pretty much a full-length Nightwave but only missing the store/lore elements. I think it's safe to assume Nightwave Series 3 won't hit until next year.

Beyond that, most of the rewards are a repeat of series 1 with the Saturn Six armor for those who missed it.

Edited by Jarriaga
  • Like 1

They've gotten better at frontloading the rewards more aimed a new players...but why the -clem- is reward 27 where they put the Warframe slot?

Only really questionable reward on the list is that 2000 Endo...they should have just given players an Anasa instead (it would have helped with the "Socket a Relic" mission).

• Like 1

It's an intermission.  People who missed season 1 rewards namely armor set and such wanted them, and this was the only real way to do it because the alternatives are platinum based or buy them with intermission creds when they frontload 150 creds/they don't want people to rank up 1 level, get the armor set, and be done as that is really not fair to the people who grinded to rank 30 the first time around.  

2 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

so basically as someone who did Season 1, the only new things are a decoration and a Liset skin.. disappointed not gonna lie, probably gonna come back later when we get our proper update. good news for anyone who missed out on Season1 one of Course, more power to them, but this ain't for me.

Also, that Liset skin is worthless to anyone who participated in the Pyrus Project, since Liset Athari was one of the rewards for that event.

6 hours ago, IntheCoconut said:

Also, it is so they can stall for more time.

Indeed. We do have to take into consideration there was much more downtime between Wolf and Intermission 1 (about four weeks). All told, there was about a month between Series 1 and 2 - so, about 8 weeks give or take. (Exact dates make week calculations screwy) We've had 1 week, and there'll be a week off between intermission and series 3 apparently, so that's about six weeks of intermission. If we take the average length of a Nightwave to be about 10-13 ish weeks, that matches up nicely for a half-sized series to fit in the middle to fill the time they need nicely.

1 hour ago, Kerberos-3 said:

Also, that Liset skin is worthless to anyone who participated in the Pyrus Project, since Liset Athari was one of the rewards for that event.

Well I would imagine that would include many of us? I don't have that skin....

Just now, cmacq said:

Well I would imagine that would include many of us? I don't have that skin....

Well, considering you got the skin just for completing the event, and it was a fairly easy one to boot, I'd imagine that a fair number of players have the skin already.

1 minute ago, Kerberos-3 said:

Well, considering you got the skin just for completing the event, and it was a fairly easy one to boot, I'd imagine that a fair number of players have the skin already.

My point is I wasn't here for it. Recycling is not always a bad thing

• Like 1

Just now, cmacq said:

My point is I wasn't here for it. Recycling is not always a bad thing

A fair point, but I was merely pointing out the fact that it's a pretty useless thing to have in Nightwave. It should've come up with Baro, or as a reward for a tactical alert.

2 minutes ago, Kerberos-3 said:

A fair point, but I was merely pointing out the fact that it's a pretty useless thing to have in Nightwave. It should've come up with Baro, or as a reward for a tactical alert.

I think they've cut down on the useless things by quite a bit. Not that I'm disagreeing with you but there's a lot less sigils etc. this time around

6 minutes ago, cmacq said:

I think they've cut down on the useless things by quite a bit. Not that I'm disagreeing with you but there's a lot less sigils etc. this time around

There is a 2000 endo drop on reward 2 though.

That is barely more than the average filled Ayatan.

I do agree that they have cut much of the fluff out, but it is a bit confusing that of all the actually not bad rewards in the list that they just threw 2k endo in there for whatever reason.

I imagine that a longer intermission is to allow for their writers to polish the new quests and content that have been promised, rather than working on Nightwave episodes.

As to the repeating well, catchup for newer players is both good in itself, as new player retention is ultimately a good thing, and a good precedent, as new players seeing these things awarded in the past can have hope to see them again inn future, once again enhancing new player retention. Meanwhile, those of us that did all the previous Nightwaves still have the iterative rewards such as relatively rare Arcanes and Forma versions, and with the challenges being changed on top... I for one don't really see much loss in it. The extra mods allow us to make some platinum. The one downside is the armour cosmetics and emotes being dead ranks for us but that's what, 4 ranks out of 30? Not really a big deal.

7 minutes ago, Oreades said:

I look forward to when Umbra forma are just sortie rewards and then are just cash shop purchases. 

I hope this never happens. Would take the significance out of them and the umbra mods, and especially the umbra frames or special items such as Paracesis.

Just now, Zilchy said:

They've made it longer so they can concentrate on the mainline, you likely won't get the 3rd season of nightwave till next year. Be happy that they're focusing on mainline instead.

I'll believe it when I see it...but much like Agent Mulder I want to believe.

5 minutes ago, SolarDwagon said:

I hope this never happens. Would take the significance out of them and the umbra mods, and especially the umbra frames or special items such as Paracesis.

Hope all you want my friend but I'm pretty sure when The New War finally hits (along with a swath of new Umbral mods) they will become a staple reward instead of being relegated to that of one that is rare for the sake of being rare even tho it is devoid of any significant purpose. 

34 minutes ago, SolarDwagon said:

I imagine that a longer intermission is to allow for their writers to polish the new quests and content that have been promised, rather than working on Nightwave episodes

To add onto this, i would imagine them dropping a long intermission right before big updates is to allow us to focus more on the new updates and things that come out with them instead of having to worry about NW on the side. Where as Normal Episodes are to keep players busy while they work on the big updates.

• Like 2

Its a rehash of the wolf nightwave, which is extremely disappointing but gives me a clear indication on how DE will handle this, there won't be anything unique, theres no reason to do the nightwave because the rewards will just cycle back in during the next intermission,  pretty much the only thing worth getting is the umbra, but honestly its not worth the effort in my opinion,  Thats kinda why Ive been spending more time on Destiny 2 then warframe, least there I don't have to worry about recycled rewards.