Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Catchmoon is being nerfed...

Psianide73

22 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Well good riddance, I still don't understand why DE made a secondary that makes most of the existing secondaries irrelevant.

Also the 50% usage of this kitgun shows how stupidly broken it is.

It's good but there are better (or it would better to say different weapons)secondaries like the mara detron for example. 

Edited by bibmobello

9 minutes ago, Plagha said:

it is well known that DE does not know how to interpret the data. If players use a lot of "SOMETHING"... they think: "Oh! There's something wrong with it, let's go nerf it", instead of thinking, "Why do people use the catchmoon instead of the Seer?"...

There are just over 100 secondaries in the game not counting any kitguns. When nearly half of players are using it specifically it proves it's an extreme outlier for some reason.

Especially when the second most used secondary comes in at a staggering >1-5% usage.

• Like 3

Speaking realistically this is a nerf that should have come months ago - they created a pocket Arca Plasmor with the option of infinite ammunition. Seeing those usage stats, the reaction shouldn't be to nerf it (or at least not just nerf it), it should be to stop and think about why this one gun is getting so much attention. Catchmoon melts enemies better than some primaries and its great for high-level content even when the armour scaling starts to go off the charts. Personally I'm not convinced that Catchmoon is the problem looking at those percentages.

2 minutes ago, Peter said:

They profited as much as they could from Rivens and now that no one else buys they can nerf, typical.

They are waiting for Fulmin to stop selling to do the same.

Congratulations on the company you encouraged.

It's a pretty dishonest practice...

7 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

Where is the source of this base nerf? If this is true it's even more stupid, because they nerf something after it reaches 0.5 disposition? It's pure idiocy seriously...

Today's Prime Time.

And changes aren't made to weapons based on their Rivens and the Catchmoon doesn't even need one for how powerful it is.

• Like 2

Can you do anything unique with kitguns, or zaws for that matter too I guess? I didn't pay too much attention. Can you make ones with different innate elemental damage depending on what pieces you pick? Like could I make one that does cold, or another one that does fire? Otherwise, why bother with anything else and just make the one that does the highest dps?

4 minutes ago, trst said:

Today's Prime Time.

And changes aren't made to weapons based on their Rivens and the Catchmoon doesn't even need one for how powerful it is.

Thanks but i read only USA today:-) . I am not against ner...  balancing rather i am in favor of them but when they are right. you can't wait 1 year to nerf something considering their riven system. So with this dirty trick noone will use the catchmoon and after 1 year it will get 5 stars again... nice for DE only.

And i don't use the catchmoon at all just to be clear.

Edited by bibmobello

3 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

It's a pretty dishonest practice...

They were always like that, so the Rivens exist, saw that Catchmoon was better than 95% of the weapons and discouraged the purchase of Rivens so they will destroy it.

Why do you think disposition exists? simple, first week when a gun is released and the disposition is 1, then everyone buys and spends horrors but those who have less money are left, so the disposition drops to 0.8, those who bought sell for 20 ~ 30% below the price for those they wanted, and it happens again and again.

In the case of Catchmoon the weapon took the interest of the players from investing in simpler weapons, and without interest = no expense with Rivens.

Welcome to the "free to play".

Just now, bibmobello said:

So with this dirty trick noone will use the catchmoon and after 1 year it will get 5 stars again... nice for DE only.

They are no longer adjusting disposition solely based on usage stats. They now have an internal ranking set by DE. 

So even if no one uses it for 20 years, disposition won't change until its rank is changed.

But keep projecting malice/greed on DE's intent....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

Thanks but i read only USA today:-) . I am not against ner...  balancing rather i am in favor of them but when they are right. you can't wait 1 year to nerf something considering their riven system. So with this dirty trick noone will use the catchmoon and after 1 year it will get 5 stars again... nice for DE only.

And i don't use the catchmoon at all just to be clear.

You seem to spend a huge amount of time arguing against a nerf for something you don't use.

As someone who does claim to use it, the nerf is entirely deserved, and may not even be particularly devastating. Having the Riven dispo move back up to 0.6-0.7 makes riven drops for it mean something without requiring god rolls. I sincerely doubt catchmoon will ever get to 5 stars (aka 1.3+).

I see the "DE manipulating riven market waaaah" every time a weapon or disposition is changed. The riven market doesn't actually help earn DE money in itself, since it just moves plat around. Yes that plat has to come from somewhere, but the Riven market does nothing to remove said plat. Think about how the economy works before complaining about it.

Edited by SolarDwagon
  • Like 1

On the newest prime time it was shown to us that the catchmoon is being used about as much as all the other secondaries combined. While I agree that the problem needs to addressed. I feel like DEs mindset is entirely in the wrong place. Instead of continuously nerfing the catchmoon they should instead buff other secondaries to make them morr competitive to the catchmoon. I feel as though the proposed changes to the catchmoon and other similar shotguns will not make a noticable enough difference in the choice between catchmoon vs the rest of the secondary arsenal. It is upsetting to me that the reaction to a weapon being used too much is to just try and smack it out of our hands. When you destroyed the trinity nuke i stopped playing for months and I will likely do the same when you nerf my catchmoon and fulmin into the ground. The catchmoon and fulmin are fun... Why not make other weapons more fun instead of trying the take away the fun we are having? Please rebalance how you consider your balancing. >_>

practically catchmoon is being the '' bad boy '' here I dont really understand the point, you guys nerfed the dispo to ground then the gun itself completly? what will it change? just to piss off half of the playerbase? 

Im going to type the next secondaries to nerf as a guide to you DE. they are practicaly a '' CATCHMOON '' aka Lazy weapons to use in missions

1. Tombfinger

2. Atomos

3. Sonicor (yes, its still a decent ish gun prob gonna be even better than catchmoon with the ammount of nerf that gun embraces.)

4. Akarius

so maybe you should nerf those too? oh wait... they are not as popular so you dont care. okay.

this is not a post about me crying about Catchmoon, im trying to make a point here just because a gun is too popular doesnt mean it needs a nerf its popular because its doing its job better than half of the MR FODDERS you made and forget about it.