Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE should make more story quests that expand on characters in the game

Formous

In terms of future development, watching the open worlds and so on, I have come to the opinion that I have grown tired of the continuous once a year updates.  They just don't hold much water to me, and I feel that the slow development is contributing to burn out.

As I got to thinking however, I begin to wonder.  Warframe 'has' a interesting story and background, and could do a great deal concerning the New War.  If it were to me, I would like to see more story quests being made each year. Not one quest, but a number of them.  New story and material to chew on, enjoy, and replay. (Please make chimera prologue replayable already....).  I feel Warframe has the potential to make some interesting stories and concepts, but as time goes on and I explore new material, I don't think DE can do stories like the New War justice, or the Void justice, based on a mere one quest a year. It feels inconsequential, with major events wrapped up too quickly and not explored on, creating a paper thin veneer out of a series of interetsing concepts.  Nightwave gives some background Lore, but I have really little interaction with it beyond my occasional duels with the Wolf or Arlo's Wackos.  It also has as many dialogue lines as I might find on half a page of a book in many cases. Not to say that it need be a ton of lore, but it'd be nice to have 'More'.  

Consider all the lore story points we had.

Stalker? Where is he?

Hunhow? Where is he?

Ballas? Just how fast are we intended to kill him? He was barely on screen in the Sacrifice. And yes, I know his backstory through researching the lore

Grineer Worm Queen? She is also abandoned.

Teshin, who risked all for us? What is going on with him?  

My point to make here DE is that you have a cast of characters that are vastly under utilized in a setting that COULD play host to a interesting lore and background. You COULD produce more quests than you do, as I know teams of your size have and do produce fairly good sized content hauls.  FF14 comes to mind.  I get Railjack matters and I think it a excellent vehicle for telling a story and getting under way with the New War, but seriously, Don't blow off the characters you have. Writing everyone and everything into Stasis is a way to kill interest on your writing.  Stop treating your casts as Bubbles that never mix, Please.  The Second Dream was good, but it is only a starter. The War Within was good, but it too exists in a Bubble.  The Sacrifice introduces Umbra and his war with Ballas, his anger and hate characterized and making him a true sentient character who you really, REALLY should involve in future stories.  The Paracesis is a blade Made by Ballas and given to us so we might kill the Sentients. Please don't diminish this weapon's importance by forgetting it.

• Like 9

I completely agree with them adding way more quests and character interaction. In fact, I'll even go so far as to say that while everyone loves the "wArFrAmE nEeDs cOnTeNt" memes, I think more people who say that should instead say what KIND of content they want specifically. I've told people that and they've responded with "well just go to the forums, plenty of people say what they want." That's not good enough. EVERYONE should say what type of content they want, and I'll give your post a like here because it's specific to wanting quests and character interaction, which is more of the type of content I want as well.

I'm dying for Empyrean and Squad Link, the cooperative aspects to those look really fun and engaging. But yeah, quests and character development, I absolutely want more of both. Even if the characters are just little radio transmissions with some light writing thrown in, it'd be great. I wonder if maybe we wait so long for quests because usually with good Warframe quests, they have unique mechanics to them? They're not just a string of the same old mission types, but unique aspects? I don't know. Shouldn't take a year for that, though, if that's the case.

I am optimistic about the fact that many of the quests with the last couple updates have featured MORE quests becoming replayable. I think some type of weekly (or even daily) harder version of a quest replay for some unique or persistently needed reward, like Kuva or resources or whatever could be great to keep people interested in the story and purpose we've had in this game. Absolutely.

• Like 4

While I understand your concern, what makes you assume all these bubbles aren't going to intersect with the New War? It feels like we're building to a climatic moment in the story there's always a chance DE messes it up and it feels flat but I remain positive as I've been impressed with there story telling so far. If I had to deduce whats going to happen to the charaters you've mentioned it would be something like this. Teshin will probably return to provide some direction during the war as the lotus is AWOL and Teshin is the most likely candidate for planning the war effort being a dax. The Kuva liches are directly the result of the worm queens experiment so she's not going any where. Hunhow is probably going to be a big figure in the new war as one of the huge sentients, his body is on Uranus by the way. Ballas will probably be sort of on our side whenever we meet him again. Only the stalker doesn't seem to have a clear roll going forward but will probably show up later he hasn't died so he'll be back. 

For me, it's about too much reliance on hype that gets out of control. And not releasing content with much foresight in mind. There's also the fact that they like the 'bigger release, fewer times' approach. A tad too much of content recycling too, from general assets to characters, but that's to be somewhat expected imo.

For me, personally, I'd like to see quests and storytelling prioritized. In several parts of the game.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93

I think the issue I see now is..Warframe is a looter game, but it lacks a consistent and ongoing story which we can tell. Lotus going awol happened what..2 years ago?  We saw a teaser mission a year ago, and now we are another year in where we are getting space ships and absolutely no clue what is next for that story.  I'd almost swear that the system was stagnant.

vor 47 Minuten schrieb (PS4)drollive96:

At least give us some codex entries to read up on these characters on our ships, honestly they cant be that hard to make and even just text will be enough to satisfy me, or maybe more fragments would be nice as well

Or you know, expand on things we have like codex, simaris research?

Instead they again make something new and pointless with that museum we got, which i honestly believe they will also drop again sadly.

Quests, i want little quests with little stories, not this pointless updates, new Warframes of course are fun, but it would be more fun if they fit in the world and have a story to them.

Edited by Marine027
Typo

2 minutes ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

I did like their changes to Jupiter...I could go for more of that...

But it isn't good enough in the long term. Sure Jupiter looks great now and I am glad to have it, but I could have lived without it too.

As time goes on, I talked about New War to death with the friend of mine who plays with me, but now its just such a inconsequential topic now. There is no more to say, and my expectations lower as time goes on.  I would sacrifice the Duviri Paradox if it meant NOT getting another open world, and just another series of randomizable tile sets.  Warframe is at it's best in a randomized map.  As such, I have come to view the Duviri plains as toxic to the game's ongoing survival.  So much effort for short lived content.

If it meant not having a open world, and having 3 new story missions or better yet, full quests, I'd take that over a open world.  Give me a tileset and it will do just fine.  

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Formous:

If it were to me, I would like to see more story quests being made each year. Not one quest, but a number of them. 

The Sacrifice Quest (Excal Umbra) took them over a year to produce, and at least in my opinion that Quest was a bad joke in terms of storytelling and gameplay.

The so called "Quests" for the other frames we got in the last 2 years (Gara, Revenant for example) also dont deserve that title imo.

Maybe The new War will change my mind again, but right now i think DE is really bad at Storytelling and presenting that Story in an interesting way,

so i'd rather have them focus on other Content without wasting time on bad quests.

I know this sounds really harsh, but when you look at what you do in the Sacrifice Quest and how the Story is presented (you lie in a bed 3 times at least while you can listen to Ballas and play a game in which you can't lose because the AI is either that stupid or forced to let you win no matter how bad you play), i dont think its exaggerated...

Edit: or the presentation of the Story during the Ropalolyst Bossfight...i mean come on DE, who thought it would be a good way to present the story with an animation that takes up 50% of the screen at least - and why is this still not changed although plenty of people explained why this is a horrible idea? 🤨

Edit²: I understand that people liked the Sacrifice for what has been told, and that is definetly interesting, the only thing i am critizing is the way how it is presented.

Edited by DreisterDino

1 minute ago, DreisterDino said:

The Sacrifice Quest (Excal Umbra) took them over a year to produce, and at least in my opinion that Quest was a bad joke in terms of storytelling and gameplay.

The so called "Quests" for the other frames we got in the last 2 years (Gara, Revenant for example) also dont deserve that title imo.

Maybe The new War will change my mind again, but right now i think DE is really bad at Storytelling and presenting that Story in an interesting way,

so i'd rather have them focus on other Content without wasting time on bad quests.

I know this sounds really harsh, but when you look at what you do in the Sacrifice Quest and how the Story is presented (you lie in a bed 3 times at least while you can listen to Ballas and play a game in which you can't lose because the AI is either that stupid or forced to let you win no matter how bad you play), i dont think its exaggerated...

I think it served its purpose personally.  issue is the degree of work that is presented in the end.

31 minutes ago, Formous said:

I think the issue I see now is..Warframe is a looter game, but it lacks a consistent and ongoing story which we can tell. Lotus going awol happened what..2 years ago?  We saw a teaser mission a year ago, and now we are another year in where we are getting space ships and absolutely no clue what is next for that story.  I'd almost swear that the system was stagnant.

How can you not know what is next in the story? You must have played through The Sacrifice right? And you have likely done the Ropey fight on Jupiter. Both of those along with the Paracesis quest give a very clear indication of what is up next in the main story. Then we have the Duviri thing coming aswell, which we arent 100% sure on how it will connect, but it will be an addition to the main story aswell since it will build on the Tenno lore.

The game just needs to evolve and the way they introduced story parts previously just wasnt resource friendly. I mean if you were sitting there yourself deciding on where to spend the resources, would it be on a 1-time quest to build a bit of story or would it be spent on something that will bring people back over and over for a far longer time than a quest can? This isnt the first company that ditches small story expansions in order to provide far more sustainable and cost efficient content, it certainly wont be the last either.

So the best solution going forward is keeping it too a few main story quests and then the rest placed as lore scattered throughout other content, much like how the ropey mission gives a good indication of the plans that the sentients have.

1 minute ago, SneakyErvin said:

How can you not know what is next in the story? You must have played through The Sacrifice right? And you have likely done the Ropey fight on Jupiter. Both of those along with the Paracesis quest give a very clear indication of what is up next in the main story. Then we have the Duviri thing coming aswell, which we arent 100% sure on how it will connect, but it will be an addition to the main story aswell since it will build on the Tenno lore.

The game just needs to evolve and the way they introduced story parts previously just wasnt resource friendly. I mean if you were sitting there yourself deciding on where to spend the resources, would it be on a 1-time quest to build a bit of story or would it be spent on something that will bring people back over and over for a far longer time than a quest can? This isnt the first company that ditches small story expansions in order to provide far more sustainable and cost efficient content, it certainly wont be the last either.

So the best solution going forward is keeping it too a few main story quests and then the rest placed as lore scattered throughout other content, much like how the ropey mission gives a good indication of the plans that the sentients have.

I have done all that, that is true.  Its been a long time since I finished both as well.

But the issue is Time.  There is too little going on.  For perspective, FF14(I know its a different game, different style, ect) is able to produce high quality writing and cinematic story telling as well as instanced unique combat situations with shocking speed comapred to what I see DE doing.  Not 3 months since the release of their Shadowbringers expansion which was story telling gold, they are releasing 8 more such story missions, a entire new raid, and more.

I get its another game, I do, but I have a sneaking suspicion that if DE would just fix their backend that hamstrings their development of such cinematic stories, and hires a storyboarding team that works more then a few times a year, we might really get something special to fill the space between grinds.  Its a matter of efficiency I think, and the Sacrifice, though I enjoyed it and the Chimera Prologue, the time to actually make them is shockingly long, and indicative of a resource efficiency issue.  Those quests shouldn't have needed more then a month each, and most of the maps can be tossed together nearly instantly, saved, and quickly modified if they wished. Aside from a few extra elements, DE has the tools to use cookie cutter style tools to throw together the background maps for quests, and the tech to have transmissions for story during the quests.  Cinematics would take more time, but not a full year. 

3 minutes ago, DreisterDino said:

Edit: or the presentation of the Story during the Ropalolyst Bossfight...i mean come on DE, who thought it would be a good way to present the story with an animation that takes up 50% of the screen at least - and why is this still not changed although plenty of people explained why this is a horrible idea? 🤨

I'll agree that the Revenant "quest" was horrible, short, and did nothing for any lore at all, and although Gara's quest was a sweet story between Saya, Konzu and Onkko, it didn't really link to everything else and once it was over, it's ignored. I'll also agree that the Ropalolyst fight's lore/story wasn't presented well at all. I liked the taunting, but I agree that the transmissions should NOT have taken up most of the screen at all. That was bad.

However, the way The Sacrifice not only gave emotional weight to Umbra, but explained deeper origins of the Warframes for those who didn't know as much, as well as drip fed lore and suspense through the bed scenes was really well done. Just because this game is mostly speed and action and rampant killing of enemies, doesn't mean that cutscenes can't exist to present story in different ways. The whole Komi thing was meant to give you a false sense of security. You try to win, only for him to pull the rug out from under you.

Story quests SHOULD be different from the pace of the rest of the game.

I've said it before but I'll repeat it.

Maybe we should slow down on the Open World content for a while.

One of the things you mention on exploring the universe, answer this question then. "When was the last time we got a Simarus Target?" Remember those? Where it gave us lore bits here and there. IMO the Second Dream had impact was due to the various hints we got to that revelation. We had built up to it, and it was great when everything came together. I would love more quest and story content (even if it's only text base) and if anything, do more stuff like the Jovian Concord instead of open worlds. The other planets do have lore bits and it would be great to actually see them in action on a tile set.

1 minute ago, Formous said:

I have done all that, that is true.  Its been a long time since I finished both as well.

But the issue is Time.  There is too little going on.  For perspective, FF14(I know its a different game, different style, ect) is able to produce high quality writing and cinematic story telling as well as instanced unique combat situations with shocking speed comapred to what I see DE doing.  Not 3 months since the release of their Shadowbringers expansion which was story telling gold, they are releasing 8 more such story missions, a entire new raid, and more.

I get its another game, I do, but I have a sneaking suspicion that if DE would just fix their backend that hamstrings their development of such cinematic stories, and hires a storyboarding team that works more then a few times a year, we might really get something special to fill the space between grinds.  Its a matter of efficiency I think, and the Sacrifice, though I enjoyed it and the Chimera Prologue, the time to actually make them is shockingly long, and indicative of a resource efficiency issue.  Those quests shouldn't have needed more then a month each, and most of the maps can be tossed together nearly instantly, saved, and quickly modified if they wished. Aside from a few extra elements, DE has the tools to use cookie cutter style tools to throw together the background maps for quests, and the tech to have transmissions for story during the quests.  Cinematics would take more time, but not a full year. 

Not only is FFXIV a different game, it runs on a completely different monetization model. You are required to both buy the game and pay a sub for it, the company knows exactly how much money they'll have at their disposal in order to create new content, content that is pre-payed by many players through the subs. They need to come through with those releases on a regular basis otherwise their sub numbers will drop and there will be less and less money to pay for keeping servers up and content produced.

It just isnt comparable to a F2P game where people come and go on a regular basis and pick up where they left the moment they set foot in the game. The two different models live based on completely different things.

Just now, SneakyErvin said:

Not only is FFXIV a different game, it runs on a completely different monetization model. You are required to both buy the game and pay a sub for it, the company knows exactly how much money they'll have at their disposal in order to create new content, content that is pre-payed by many players through the subs. They need to come through with those releases on a regular basis otherwise their sub numbers will drop and there will be less and less money to pay for keeping servers up and content produced.

It just isnt comparable to a F2P game where people come and go on a regular basis and pick up where they left the moment they set foot in the game. The two different models live based on completely different things.

You shot your own argument in the foot.

Nothing of what I talk about is tied to monetization.  I am talking about corporate development.  Both are MMO and both require updates to stay alive.  The difference between the two is that Warframe has become a laggard and is not doing over-much to improve their productivity. Its obviously a successful game, and it could expand, but people are now flaking away from the game precisely due to not having content updates.

In this, the battle of survival clearly favors the more consistently and chunkily updated game.  Subscription or not.

4 minutes ago, Formous said:

You shot your own argument in the foot.

Nothing of what I talk about is tied to monetization.  I am talking about corporate development.  Both are MMO and both require updates to stay alive.  The difference between the two is that Warframe has become a laggard and is not doing over-much to improve their productivity. Its obviously a successful game, and it could expand, but people are now flaking away from the game precisely due to not having content updates.

In this, the battle of survival clearly favors the more consistently and chunkily updated game.  Subscription or not.

No I didnt shoot my own argument in the foot.

It is all tied to monetization because all of it costs and the companies need to juggle their revenue in order to invest towards new development plans. The monetization models alone decide what is needed from the company in order to keep that model rolling. No content releases on a regular basis for a sub based game means lost subs etc. What you see in WF is simple normal F2P behavior and trend, no matter the game, people come and go as they like.

And please dont call WF an MMO. It is an online multiplayer co-op game, that is it, it has nothing incommon with an MMO on any level.

7 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

No I didnt shoot my own argument in the foot.

It is all tied to monetization because all of it costs and the companies need to juggle their revenue in order to invest towards new development plans. The monetization models alone decide what is needed from the company in order to keep that model rolling. No content releases on a regular basis for a sub based game means lost subs etc. What you see in WF is simple normal F2P behavior and trend, no matter the game, people come and go as they like.

And please dont call WF an MMO. It is an online multiplayer co-op game, that is it, it has nothing incommon with an MMO on any level.

I personally don't see how there could be any conflict of ability.  For one, Warframe employs some 200 developers at DE from the last bit of information I heard on the topic. There is room for error in that statement of course but that is fairly similar to other large studios.  The other studios however are more then able to produce more fulfilled content updates.  Warframe, if smaller, has the ability to rapidly cheat their way to making most of their environments and whatnot fairly quickly, which in theory means they can devote more talent and resources to other products.  Many have said, even me, that the Open worlds were just wastes of resources in this regard.  Railjack is fine, but after that, they really should consider some proper storyboarding for the next few years.  They have the ability to do it.  14 gets away with it's stories not because of a sub alone, but because it's designed to be story focused. I do not expect Warframe to do that level of story telling, but for 200 people releasing a single warframe once every third of a year, and one large update, I have higher expectations.  I would even give up a new warframe if it just meant making a more involved, story rich world for once.  I don't need another Warframe. There are some 40+ now I think. I don't recall the exact number.  Instead I'd just ask for quests again.  Give me something I'd love to replay.  Something other then the next 50 hours of defense mission grind.

12 minutes ago, Formous said:

I personally don't see how there could be any conflict of ability.  For one, Warframe employs some 200 developers at DE from the last bit of information I heard on the topic. There is room for error in that statement of course but that is fairly similar to other large studios.  The other studios however are more then able to produce more fulfilled content updates.  Warframe, if smaller, has the ability to rapidly cheat their way to making most of their environments and whatnot fairly quickly, which in theory means they can devote more talent and resources to other products.  Many have said, even me, that the Open worlds were just wastes of resources in this regard.  Railjack is fine, but after that, they really should consider some proper storyboarding for the next few years.  They have the ability to do it.  14 gets away with it's stories not because of a sub alone, but because it's designed to be story focused. I do not expect Warframe to do that level of story telling, but for 200 people releasing a single warframe once every third of a year, and one large update, I have higher expectations.  I would even give up a new warframe if it just meant making a more involved, story rich world for once.  I don't need another Warframe. There are some 40+ now I think. I don't recall the exact number.  Instead I'd just ask for quests again.  Give me something I'd love to replay.  Something other then the next 50 hours of defense mission grind.

Same flawed arguments that appear in every game when it comes to wanting new content of some form.

The 200 employees cannot all perform the same tasks, each have a different job, from concept artist to coder, with everything in between. When you look back on this year there have been several things in the pipe, from system reworks, streamlining for better cross platform releases along with new content, reworked content, frames, fashion, weapons and other things. All this while also working on 3 bigger projects (TNW, Railjack and Duviri). We are also getting a semi large update this week with a completely new game system in the shape of Liches.

So we are already getting content that is decently big every 3 or 4 months in between the major updates and they are all good indications that this small studio is constantly working on things.

And just because something works for one game it doesnt mean it will for another. DE have already said time and time again that story content isnt sustainable. And as I said previously, they arent the only company where this applies. I mean, look at Funcom, the company that made The Secret World, one of the best MMOs at the time when it came to the storytelling. Not even they could keep up with the story based content because it was too time and resource consuming for what it brought the game in return. They shifted focus and reworked the whole game into a free to play experience, ditching story based content and moving over to replayable content with parts of the story weaved in instead, while also putting a much larger focus on new and fun system additions to the game that they now had time and resources for.

There is also no way DE will switch focus from releasing frames to doing more content, it just wont be an option. If they stopped doing frames it would have no impact on content, it would just mean that some people at DE would not have any work to do.

Railjack and Landscapes such as Plains of Eidolon and Orb Vallis represent massive gameplay developments, which are DE's main focus in developing Warframe. Since the beginning, DE has been adding new systems and new ways to play the game, which represents a far bigger factor in player engagement and retention than quests.

Once you play a new quest, you're done with it. You've experienced that content. The cinematic quests are especially intensive on the animation side, which has historically been one of DE's logistical weaknesses – the War Within was delayed by half a year because of the animation.

Whereas the Orb Vallis had 3 Syndicates with multiple minigames to get Standing, almost a dozen new characters with full dialogue, many new enemy types, and a massive Landscape with bases that you could go inside of. There was enough content to keep engaged players busy for a month or more. At MR27 (which wasn't even attainable when Fortuna launched), it would take a player 9 days to max out Solaris United Standing if they hit their cap every day, and that's not the end, because that only unlocks the Vox Solaris grind with the Orb Mothers.

DE is not going to put all their development resources towards content that can be finished quickly. They want their players to be engaged and to take a long time to work through the content. We continue to see this with the Kuva Lich system and upcoming Empyrean releases. They'll also release their blockbuster story quests as well, but it'll always be a backseat to game content.

19 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Why do you think they aren't going to intersect in the future?

When did you think the story was done and the game was finished?

I never said the story was done.  By the nature of the game, it can continue.  Rather what I see is that they created one off stories.  Why? I feel that is due to their notably slow development speed in the vein of their stories.  They seem to have forgotten every character and insisted on just adding a new one each new story.  Even if, in the case of Ballas, it was a character from the written lore, they got rid of him remarkably fast and revived him for the prologue. It's likely our next encounter with him will be a assassination quest to kill him, thus killing off a vital character.

If the characters were going to intersect in the future, I would have thought that Hunhow would have made a true appearance again after Octavia's anthem, but that did not happen yet at a seemingly critical juncture.  And the Stalker is somehow now persona non grata, which is weird given how much we have explored the topic of the Operator. The Stalker is as much a foil to the Operators as you could truly get with characters.

24 minutes ago, GrayArchon said:

DE is not going to put all their development resources towards content that can be finished quickly. They want their players to be engaged and to take a long time to work through the content. We continue to see this with the Kuva Lich system and upcoming Empyrean releases. They'll also release their blockbuster story quests as well, but it'll always be a backseat to game content.

I suppose I am of the opinion that they could do more if they liked.  For example you mention animation.  Alright, so why not hire a new professional animator or Scene animator?  I know what just 1 of them could do.  If animation is their fault, then surely its where they might hire someone new.

Of course  I know this won't be the case and I am probably mis-representing the reality, but there is enough of a question in this regard to make one think.  Could they do more? I think they could. Issue is the 'long term' content DE is chasing has dried up, and was dried up for most of the year for people.  Veterans leave, and I also have trouble desiring to play at times.  Maybe I could help a noob, but I have no desires. What would grip me is to have some more story, and the reality is that DE has plenty of gameplay stuff in the works.  They could capitalize on that with Story elements, but have not, and thus I feel they are wasting their potential.

30 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

And just because something works for one game it doesnt mean it will for another. DE have already said time and time again that story content isnt sustainable. And as I said previously, they arent the only company where this applies. I mean, look at Funcom, the company that made The Secret World, one of the best MMOs at the time when it came to the storytelling. Not even they could keep up with the story based content because it was too time and resource consuming for what it brought the game in return. They shifted focus and reworked the whole game into a free to play experience, ditching story based content and moving over to replayable content with parts of the story weaved in instead, while also putting a much larger focus on new and fun system additions to the game that they now had time and resources for.

This is why you would have raids, equipment, and more.  SW and 14, as to my prior examples, use these raids and dailies together to buy time and give something fun to play. But both SW and 14 have been greatly successful with their story work.  The writer for 14 got a standing ovation during a Live letter for her work with 14's shadowbringer story, clearly indicating that the writing matters to people, something a company like activision, ea, and Ubisoft are forgetting.

In this vein, I think that Warframe possesses enough mystique and intrigue that it 'Could' be deep and intriguing. I don't expect Warframe to have SW and 14's story. Not at all, but I would like to ask for more then 1 short quest a year. Gameplay or not, the gameplay has not evolved at all recently.  Railjack will add new gameplay of course, but once its hammered in, the devs should be freed up. Of course then they want the Duviri Paradox which will drain more resources on a open world that frankly I think people would be fine not getting.

Edited by Formous

Agreed OP. Personally these 'lore fragments' just aren't cutting it for me imo. I think it's real silly that they bury their story/lore content like that. Many in the game probably don't even know about them either, considering the fragments are so bloody well hidden and tucked away to the point that you literally need a guide to find some of them.

While I'm grateful for the content DE adds, it's just not as engaging if it doesn't have some story attached, and no, not with lore fragments attached. I miss the days where we'd get quests like Octavia's Anthem, or The Silver Grove, The Limbo Theorum, or silly ones like A Man of Few Words.

Hopefully next year Steve and the team follow through with their promise of meaty lore, but we'll see.

Just please, please, I beg of you. Stop hiding your lore behind hidden fragments lol.