Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(PC) The Old Blood General Feedback

[DE]Danielle

26 minutes ago, SeRialPiXel said:

What you're telling now to that playerbase who now is studying/working most of the week

Do you realise how dumb this sounds?  The entire playerbase isn't all the same age.  Some people may have moved from not caring about studies to being in university (what the US calls college I'm sure) or having a job, but some of us (the playerbase) have more time on our hands than ever.  Your post had few points other than 'it's not what I want or have time for therefor it's bad' and 'stop changing the game', but that one line I quoted throws any credibility you may have had out the window.  

Edited by Jiminez_Burial

Thoughts on Old Blood to date from a multi year 4,000+idle 2455 hour active veteran MR27:

Melee:
I want to start with a compliment on how smooth the combo system now works to create a fluid fighting system where you can hold aim to dash attack forward make a kill then either choose broad sweeping attacks on nearby enemies or short jabbing fast attacks on the fly; or simply choose a combo of both. The negative is the heavy attack unfortunately since it has extremely poor combo dynamics with the normal attacks and I loose overall DPS by choosing to try to integrate it so it makes it a non-starter as many others have given feedback. The air attacks I am still getting used to the difference. My dual wield orvius no longer works consistently and I loved that weapon so am sorry to have to forgo dual wielding for now.

On damage modifiers i will also agree Condition Overload being changed to an additive to pressure point is not ideal for the content that those of us that have those mods would actually use them. Additionally, the fact that I can no longer get red crits from the Paracesis when I have a Helios with Deconstrutor and the set mods to boost crit tells me that not only status modifiers but also critical modifiers are currently broken. So thumbs up on the new movement system and thumbs down on broken damage modifiers.

Ember:
This was one of my first frames that I fell in love with and appreciate very much that DE has revitalized it by allowing it to scale again. I find myself using it again on the the types of content I play which extend past normal star chart use. In addition the modified/new syndicate mod allows for it to become a fantastic support frame.

Vauban:
Wanted to like the frame and it will concede it has a fun kit but my assessment is that it is unusable for the content beyond the star chart as it is way to squishy with little options to mitigate the kind of damage I am used to encountering.

Grendal:
The frames kit works well together and it is pretty tough.  Thank you for the new toys. I will say the quest to get him is pretty painful and I would not want to do it again to help someone else get the frame. This is something I typically would be willing to do for what its worth even on something kind of grindy. Hopefully new players will not be impacted to negatively by this content that really does require teamwork and is a little to painful for a repeat performance.

Finally the Kuva Lich:
The concept is fantastic and the liches commentary, information screen, and battle sequences are enjoyable. However, much of the current system makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. The part that does work is the murmurs to get more information. This part is worth keeping although it really needs some tweaking on how much information you can receive from thralls, mission types such as getting more from spy vault and rescues, as well as other bosses.  Murmurs should be available from thralls on any node on an influenced planet.

The relic piece is just completely broken and makes no sense...it does not tie out to the concepts, etc and is is poorly implemented. Whether DE decides to keep the Parazon mods as consumables or not the system really should be tied not to kuva floods but freeing a planet from the lich influence. What would integrate the system better is getting one of the resources to beat the lich after freeing the last node of the planet. I could understand the current paradigm better if the RNG was a kuva resource used to fill the mods with charges whether temporary or not like we use endo on other mods. Give Chances at the resource by completing missions, etc.  The stealing component works but should not impact special rewards like rivens from sorties relics, etc.

Finally the lich now only seems to Rank up as he kills us which does not make any sense especially when I  consider how they are reanimated to power by being upgraded after their initial defeat. My take is we should be able to kill or be killed by them when they make their stalker entrances which either way gives resources or mercy from the queens to send them back to the vat for an upgrade and rank up. Once we unlock at least one planet unlock an assassination node on the kuva fortress that allows us to do a final fight with them. Besides the lich rank the mission would be fantastic if its difficulty was tied to how many missions, sabotages, etc. you did to reduce the number of add on minions, thralls and security features defending the target.

BUGS:
Each interaction with the Kuva Lich so far since getting all murmurs and the three mods I need

1. Had all three mods in the correct order and it activated the first two correctly and then it killed me instead of it on activating the third mod; which yes had me scratching my head.

2. On new Jupiter tile set the lich managed to teleport into a walled room with nonfunctional door. I could go above the room and look down into the walled computer room from a glass floor in a room above it but could not engage my lich nemesis.

3. Host disconnected and so the lich encounter ended immediately so was not able to fight him.

4. On an exterminate tile set killed him with the same mods and order discussed above and it finally activated a screen showing him and no UI options to capture or destroy him nor a count down feature so my team had to evacuate to free me from the locked screen.

Edited by ASHERATOR

Forgot to mention the comments from earlier today are appreciated on looking for a system to combine kuva weapons later on down the line and did not mention the new vasca kavat was a welcome addition and 4 forma later it I have left it on as my companion since its kit is so useful between fetch, radar and auto-reviving myself when all goes wrong.

Edited by ASHERATOR

20 hours ago, tekmansam said:

I had similar issues.  I had to recruit help from my clan to down my t5 lich.  This is the only time in the game DE has failed to incentivize players to coop.  People need incentive to down other's liches.  Since they drop no loot, I don't know what they can do, but they should address this in some way.

This!!!!!! 

And also timeout Lich or multiple Lich spawning, something that doesn't stop others players from getting their Lich if one person doesn't kill theirs.

As it is I either go solo or beg people to kill their own Lich (after I have killed it) and half the time people refuse to do so. As is their right I might add, DE should have thought about this.

• Like 1

Muh Melee:

Is way way worse now than it ever was before 3.0.

Congrats, y'all officially killed off every unique min/maxed melee build that existed.

At least, the previous system had metaS.

S as in plural.

Multiple viable min/maxed melee builds from spin2win, CO, instagib daggers, gunblades, ect

Now we have no build diversity.

Just load up on crit and speed and spam E cause literally no one is doing heavy attacks.

There's a reason yall got rid of heavy attacks the first time in the Beta.

Muh Guns:

Weapon exilus slots are awesome. Thank you.

Edited by ADDpillz
gammar

So we got a kuva liches in the game.
From what I heard about them, before the release of Old blood, they are supposed to be a personal adversary, the nemesis against we have to struggle. If the design approach to the lich system will not change with the implementation of Rail jack, they will never be able to play that role.

Murmurs have already been obtainable fast enough, so even before the patches, I was able to get home after the work and kill at least one lich per day, sometimes more.
The addition of requiem relics to thralls drop table is cool, for me they were the blank spot in otherwise very nice gameplay loop of grinding different content, but now in few days I will have more requiem relics than I will have time to open, and I don't need to farm siphons anymore.  You are working on killing the lich and on that way you are getting prime parts (not anymore, now u don't really have to farm traces to upgrade requiem relics, coz you got enough of them), kuva, riven shards etc.

Bug, that allowed others get murmurs from your lich kill attempts, was absolutely game-breaking for me. Some loved it. To me, it totally broke the feeling of working on something, coz if I were lucky i could get 3 murmurs in 2 defense missions.

Now you are able to not participate in the Lich sytem and this is what might happen.

Liches are not that hard, you don't struggle against them, you just farm them like anything else in the game.
You will get all weapons, some will try to get best possible bonuses, but in the end you will get everything what you want from liches and than, you will never touch that part of content again. Maximally for fun.

I don't need more content, I need context.

This whole patch process totally breaks the idea of connecting separated parts of content within the warframe, about with you were talking on last Tennocon.
We got an update, that was supposed to be a foundation of future changes, but now it's trying to "patche" its way out from the sustainable gameplay loop and will be forgotten in a set time.

My concern is not based on the idea that my opinion is right and a community that wants things to be less frustrating and smoother for them is wrong.
I really want to know what YOU, DE, wants the game to be.

Wanna Liches to be just little side farm for a limited time? Ok.
Do you want them to be long-standing enemies, that will challenge our patience and force as to deal with them? No problem.
  • Like 2

I put together what I think is a fairly comprehensive report on the issues with the Lich system and some low-dev-time fixes to some of its more immediate problems over on reddit. You can read it here: https://reddit.app.link/GUIFX41wq1

The short version: DE needs to create a way for players not interested in killing their lich from holding up public lobbies and I suggest an unmodded parazon mercy could be a trigger to simply kill the lich with a normal mercy animation and have them revive after the mission without an increase in level. I also lay out some more medium-term ideas integrating stolen loot into the Kuva weapon system and a few ideas for changes in the longer term. 

I don’t know if any one else has posted it in this thread but I really enjoyed it when everyone got 10 murmurs when someone failed a lich. I had a much higher incentive to help kill lich’s and was incentives to kill my own. If I’m not getting murmurs I would rather go off and kill thralls and complete the mission to start a new one. Just wanted to give feedback that I like  10 for all vs 10 for one person.  And I don’t care if it doesn’t make lore sense, it makes for more fun gameplay for me.

I know this won't mean anything and even if it gets read, it will be forgotten. But whatever. I put it here, because my frustration towards how the game is handled only grew due to this update.

The only thing that was successful with this Old Blood update was the melee. Now it appears that even the kuva weapon bonus damages are bugged. You're not getting a lower bonus than what is displayed in the weapon, and if it happens to combine into something else (like a blast for example), that damage is also lowered. Add the kuva larvling spawning bugs to that along everything else and it really feels like nobody even bothered to test this. Or maybe people did test this but you just didn't care? I don't know. All I know is this: After playing this game for nearly 7 years, the amount of bugs piling up is really starting to eat at me. I don't think there is a screen in the entire game that is bug free. Want to add Heavy Caliber mod to a weapon and it should reduce accuracy by -45%? Oh, that's interesting, the accuracy goes to 10 or 20 from 100. Hmm. That bug has existed since forever. And don't give me the "It's only visual." crap. If it's just visual then it's even MORE EASIER to fix. So why haven't you? Literally 1 person could fix it, change the numbers in the code if it's just visual.

Keep seeing these kind of similar small bugs on every turn and the small rocks really start to turn into a boulder. You have a lot of great and interesting ideas DE, many irons in the fire as they say. My advice to you is this: Focus on one BIG content at a time, along with some smaller stuff on the side, so you can put in the work it deserves before release. Either that, or simply just hire more people for your ever growing projects, because you are spread too thin at the moment. Have been for the last 2 years or so.

I am REALLY worried for Railjack. Not because it's only the update that a lot of people are looking forward to, but because apparently now you are releasing even more buggier content. I have never experienced a mainline update where you can't play the content itself because something is not spawning properly and players get too frustrated to try anymore. You are pushing your players away even more with stuff like this. Also the "new player live action trailer" was a rather questionable decision. Instead of making proper beginner tutorials, you did a brief flashy intro cinematic.... k. Sorry but that just felt like pulling the veil over people's eyes to distract them.

You once had a year where you fixed shotguns and their damage. I think there were snipers included there as well. How about a year 2020, the year of bug fixing of smaller and bigger things?

I'm really trying to keep liking this game.... just too much bugs around every corner, content piling up that keeps adding new bugs that will be forgotten. I know that if you fumble Railjack, you have no excuse for it at all, because you showcased it 2018 the first time, which means it was in development for at least 6 months before that. So it's been 2 years now roughly before it's release.... and if it's a buggy mess.... well.... guess that tells enough what this game has turned in to. You drove me away from the whole kuva lich system, I hope you won't drive me away from space as well. FeelsBetaTesterMan :sad:

Edited by Tubsie

Hello, with your update making possible to transfer lich's weapons, it made me think about this :
I never or almost never forma my (not prime) warframes, same for the exilus adapter. So I really think it would be great to do the same for warframes and why not for weapons, to be able to transfer the normal one into the prime one.

So my warframes often stay weak for years before the release of its prime version and so I don't play it often either.

When you spend a lot of time to forma a weapon which has sometimes 8 forma, an exilus and a potato and then the prime come out, it's just "here we go again". All of my friends stop to play warframe because of the grind. Upvote if you agree ?

Thanks for reading me

Edited by Didjynn

Please make the kuva liches despawn after awhile in multiplayer. Its really frustrating when you try to do multiplayer games for the purpose of having more thrall spawns but someone decides not to deal with their lich and have them sit 500yards away from the mission blocking all other thralls/lich from spawning.

Edited by V0lution

Yes I play on Xbox so I haven't experienced the Old Blood update, but I already saw the Iwoply's 40 minutes video going through all the melee changes and all I can say is: Wow, Congratulations.

I left Warframe for months now, because I got bored of having to grind such an amount of useless melee weapons and now, I see all those classic regular and primes coming back to life and even the newer weapons that were useless, now are useful too!

It is such an amazing feeling to see the things players have been begging to be fixed for years and years, actually happening.

This just means that all your thinking is going in the right direction and for that I can change my opinion. My opinion that Warframe was going to die in 2 years are now gone.

Warframe as a whole is looking to a really bright future and screw all the haters who oppose it.

Thank you DE, because as soon as The Old Blood update hits consoles, you will have not only me as a returning player, but tons and tons of other players that also got that emotion back.

We will keep supporting you to lead you into the good fight and to show that we like change, because change is the only way to evolve and evolve is the only way to survive.

You have survived for SIX YEARS in this hostile place that the VideoGame Industry is and right now I can say with all confidence:

Let's fight for six more.

Edited by (XB1)DavidRyder 74

On 2019-11-03 at 11:27 AM, Arn_Magnusson1 said:

Please make blood rush as good as it was before i dont like it and then you just are buffing condition overlaod. But its still a good update it is just my and one of my friend personal opinion hope you guys will revert blood rush 🙂

No, they nerfed the crap out of condition overload as well. Although Blood rush probably got hit the worst since it no longer takes crit chance mods/rivens into account, and it discourages using both range and melee weapons since losing the combo counter drops the crit chance like crazy. Before you could still do decent damage with a 1.5x or 2x counter. now you do almost no increased damage until you hit the 5x or 6x counter, unless the weapon has high base crit chance. This whole update just blows. it took most of the fun out of the melee system by going back to the silly windmilling quick attack system, removing pause combos and replacing them with ones that require you to not move forward, and others that require the use of the right mouse button, something that feels awkward to use unless you are equipping your melee weapon at the time.  

On top of that the lich system is such a boring grind that I wish the option had been there from the start to opt out of it. All this would have been bearable if they hadn't decided to nerf the crap out of melee suddenly and make a bunch of my crit chance rivens worthless. 

I've been reading over this thread the past few days and have noticed that there are a lot of complaints about having dodge assigned to a dedicated button, the general SNAFU over Keybindings in general... like not being able to assign Melee and Fire to the same whilst keeping E assigned to quick melee... Well I may have a Solution why don't y'all set up key bindings the way you had them before Melee Phase 1.

I would make for a lot less aggravation

55 minutes ago, Temp950 said:

No, they nerfed the crap out of condition overload as well.

No, they didn't Nerf Condition Overload... They just changed how it works.  If you're having issues with Hybrid Builds (Blood Rush/ Condition Overload combo's) then Drop Pressure Point or it's variants from your Mod order, you'll have an easier time of it and you'll thank me later.

Offering some feedback on the Vasca Kavat.

The Transfusion precept is quite useful. It's saved my Frame a couple of times, so we're good there.

Draining Bite on the other hand is almost useless at allowing our vampire kitty to stay in the fight. 400 damage is alright...but restoring 10% health is negligible.

I'd like to suggest a rework to Draining Bite so that:

1. It only works on targets with Flesh.

2. The Kavat latches onto the target for 3 seconds, doing up to 250 damage (maybe more) per second with at least 90% of that damage going towards healing any damage the Kavat may have sustained.

3. It inflicts guaranteed Puncture and Slash procs, making the target bleed.

This proposed rework to Draining Bite would not only make the Vasca Kavat more self-reliant, but would also really push the whole 'vampire" theme better.

Edited by MirageKnight

I posted this originally in Feedback>Weapons but since this pertains to the new Weapon Exilus slots, I figured I'd post it here too.

Can we please get Cautious Shot as a mod to equip on the Zhuge Prime? This weapon is deadly to the player wielding it because of the delayed explosion, yet it's not available to equip on it.

Ironically, the Ignis Wraith can equip Cautious Shot, yet it poses no threat to the player using it.

It seems this has been an oversight with the Zhuge Prime since all the other self damaging weapons can equip Cautious Shot (including some weapons that have no self damage). Even the Scourge and the Ferrox can equip Cautious Shot and they only have self damage on their thrown attack.

So please allow this mod to be equipped on the Zhuge Prime.

From a player that really likes the Zhuge Prime but really doesn't like killing himself all the time. 😊

The new skills that came with Vauban and Ember are too taxing on performance. Both Photon Strike and Inferno cause severe frame drops for me. I've tried lowering my settings to medium in shadows and particles, but it didn't seem to improve. They definitely standout as offenders for a mid-range system like mine. I've got a cheap i5 quad 3.2ghz, a gtx 1050, and 8gb of ram.