Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(PC) The Old Blood General Feedback

[DE]Danielle

My feedback:

Selling the parazone mods is plain and simple pay to win especially when these mods expire.  They should not expire.  The grind to obtain them is too much.  Why not make them rechargeable with kuva at least or better not expire at all. I cannot see a future where all factions have a litch with all expanding on the map it will be a night mare of resource stealing by the litches and running for the parazon mods.  Having to grind to find the set of 3 mods to take down the litch is long enough but having to regrind the mods themselves once they expire is too much and it is not making me want to participate in this new grind fest at all.  If i encounter a future litch waiting to be killed I will try to avoid it at all cost.

Melee.  The heavy attack is slow and useless.  Pressing a different button with such a slow animation really offsets the atmosphere of close combat.

grandel missions are extremely not fun to make.  My compliments DE he is the first warframe you make me buy to obtain finally but it will not happen again.

Great job, I love Old blood

I am very pleased with the vision that seems to start taking a shape here.
Before, finding a meaningful gameplay loop within the context of separated game modules that warframe has become over years, was impossible. You were forced to find your own silver lining, be it trading spoils for platinum or doing hours-long endurance runs, to feel that you are working on something. But I don't think the warframe was primarily supposed to be stock market simulator or just cause camp fest.

Now the route is set:
- Get void traces (and open some relics on the way)
- Get requiem relics (and some kuva)
- Open relics for parazon mods (and some riven shards)
- Hunt the thralls (well, there we can have some improvements)
- Kill Lich
- Repeat

I am constantly in the position of doing something that leads me to the final goal of finishing my actual lich and I am getting rewards on the way. I like it.
The only weak part, where I feel like I am just losing time, is the farm of the murmurs. If there were some kind of other rewards for those missions (different relics, kuva, more resources) it would give more rewarding feeling to the grind. I heard that in future, you are supposed to get murmurs for assassination attempts on liches. That would certainly make it faster and some people are saying, that they don't have time to farm liches effectively as things stand now, but I don't think liches should be farmable. It's already fast enough. Some people were lucky with combinations and killed like 5+ liches in 1st two days. That's a lot. They should not be just another quick farm for weapons that we will get in one week and then never care about them again. 

New melee? Wonders!
Blind justice on Nikanas? Perfect, those swords are incredible to use now. I always liked fist weapons and they are much more controllable during combos now. Hamers and so on and so on. The fact that some combos can lift enemies and other combos or heavy attacks (blind justice strikes again!) counts with that is neat. I also like that finishers have their dedicated button. Overall, now I feel like I am firmly in control of all the options that weapons stances give me.

I can't talk about the nerf on the scaling of melee weapons damage. The highest content in endurance runs I ever saw was around 250 and the game never gives me a reason to go higher.

The harsh reality is, that it is your design, that created a portion of the player base (doesn't matter how big or small), with spends the time in warframe by creating builds that can tackle enemies scaling to crazy levels. You give them game modes, weapons, and mods for that. Now you might take it away from them. I hope that in the future, you will be able to find a proper "new home" for this part of the community. Be it by redesigning whole dmg and scaling system or new game mode (arbitrations doesn't make it, sry :op).

Reworks on Vauban and Ember:
As a veteran with nearly all mods and arcanes available in the game, I can take any frame to any mission up to 150 lvl and make it work without much thinking. So the question for me is not "Is it powerful?" but "Is it fun?" And yes Ember and Vauban are fun to play and cool to watch in action now. Vauban especially is now much more mobile in the execution of his move set and abilities are supporting each other.

Now slap the Railjack on top of that and we can have a ride.
The only thing that i am missing in the game is some solid challenge for veterans and the real reason for this game to be a coop game (Hopes that railjack will help with the second).

There's a lot of problems and opinions around the game, but I just wanted to say that your last update makes the game fun again for me.
Thank you for your work.
Good luck with future changes!
  • Like 1

Weapon Exilus mods and polarities.

I have to say.... horrible. I love that we get a utility slot, but it is filled with horrible mods and completely opposite polarities of what that weapon requires.

Weapon has terrible range? Polarized for not a range mod. Weapon with crippling recoil? Polarized for not -recoil mod.
And where is Magazine Size? Where is Reload Time? Why aren't those mods in Exilus? Don't be stingy with requirements for what classifies as an exilus mod and just put stuff in that is not a damage mod because all the 8 weapons mods are always gonna be damage mods.

Please... just... please... otherwise unlocking an exilus on weapons is a waste of exilus adapter, forma and time and it is not fun. It's actually quite frustration.

• Like 1

Dear DE crew, thank you for opening this channel for our feedbacks.

First thing I want to address is how poorly the "nerf" process has been handled on warframe in order to keep variety on weapon usage. It simply doesn't work.
Every game has two or three weapons that are known to be the best in the game. That's how it is and that's how it has always been on every single game, being it single player, multiplayer, PvE or PvP and there's no problem with that, that's how long-time or advanced players are rewarded for their effort. When you say the Catchmoon is being used by about 50% of the advanced playerbase, it also says that the other 50% are getting the job done with other weapons, be it the pox (my personal favorite), the akjagara prime, the staticor, the tombfinger, the atomos and the list goes on. In absolutely no way the Catchmoon is necessary for completing objectives or being successful in Warframe and it astonishes me how you could interpret such data in that way as, once again, it only shows that the other half is clearly getting it together with the rest. Catchmoon is not overpowered, the other weapons are underpowered compared to it, albeit still efficient. In a game that prizes itself for the amount of content and freedom of progress and customization given to it's players, it's utterly shocking that your way to promote "variety" is removing options and not adding them. You are not giving us the chance to succeed with other weapons as there have been barely any buffs to the top secondaries if there was any at all, you are arbitrarily forcing us to abandon a playstyle or simply a favorite weapon to choose between others that weren't picked for a reason. It's not diversity, it's frustration. The Catchmoon is not an "exploit" or a "demand" on higher level content, so not bringing other options on par with it simply makes me wonder what kind of approach you are having towards the mechanics of Warframe.

You see, I'm not a Catchmoon user myself. Check my profile, my number one is and always will be the Pox. I admit I was not looking so much into this massive issue because it wasn't my favorite weapon being nerfed, but my arrogance was met with due karma: Zenistar, my favorite melee weapon, has been nerfed to the ground. Once again, not a game breaking issue or a demand for high level content, but in this case, it's not even one of the most used melees. The Zaws, the whips, the Paracesis, the Redeemer Prime, the Arca Triton or the Jet Kittag are weapons I see used so much more than the Zenistar, so why simply take from us the opportunity of building a strategy or a gameplay niche around such an interesting and unique mechanic? Why simply dictate to us that we can't use this weapon anymore simply because you don't want to? The combo duration gimmick doesn't even come close to working and it's absurd that no one stopped to think that building a combo count with a heavy slow weapon as the Zenistar is not only a chore, but something that goes in the opposite direction of a playstyle using the disc throwing thing. You give us squishy frames, we have to deal with their  fragility in some way and setting some traps is the best of them, what are the odds we will go full front against heavy armored enemies using a Banshee, for example? The "afk" excuse is terrible because good luck trying to battle 100+ lvl enemies with only the Zenistar and 45 sec is VERY far from the time I would call "away from keyboard". You can drop Octavia's mallet for more time, bigger range, bigger duration and effectively kill everything around you without having to move an inch, but the issue is the Zenistar? And you can press 4 for Mesa and just refresh it a little while after it killed double the amount of enemies the Zeni would kill on the whole match. And no, it's not a case of nerfing Octavia or nerfing Mesa, it's a case of you simply don't removing options for those who have an individual albeit valid way of playing the game, being it camping, fully engaging the enemies, setting up traps, supporting, etc. That's what makes a game fun, the freedom to put yourself into your strategies and you know what we players do  when you take away the joy of playing a game? We stop playing it. 

Second thing I want to address is about my main frame, Titania. I have more than 1500 hours registered on my Nintendo Switch and almost 50% was using the Fairy Queen.
Rebecca, I mean absolutely no disrespect but I was so angry with the comments you made about Titania 2 devstreams ago: "She's good if you know how to use her" and I can't help but wonder if you guys really want her to not be viable. There's no other explanation to me, you clearly want her to be underplayed and ignored on purpose while you favor so many others. I'm really upset with the "tweaks" you brought for her Empress collection, I was expecting what she actually needs: a full rework of her 1, 2 and 3 abilities and not a simple and very cheap QoL gimmick-pack which will not help her on demanding missions whatsoever. The hindrances put on her kit are completely non-existent on other frames! Needing to wait for an specific enemy to spawn in order to get a very questionable buff (although I appreciate the change done on Thorns) that you can't even choose and have to manually pick? Because let's not fool ourselves here, the razorflies die as soon as they appear on the battlefield, we can have 6 or 10, the situation is the same. Wisp can cast endless reservoirs of health, speed and enemy stun that you can refresh anytime you like. Razorflies without level scaling that die as soon as any med-high lvl enemy looks at them? Octavia's mallet has damage scaling and is immortal. Saryn with 3 times the amount of armor and energy Titania has can have damage boost, aggro removal, health restore and speed boost with just 2 abilities. Why the damn bureaucracy with Titania?  And ONCE AGAIN, it's not about nerfing these girls, is about giving Titania the same favors they have!

Want a proof? How many of us are actually playing Titania? I'm not that good of a player, I can't be compared to guys with 3k hours, but I know my ways around with Titania because I never gave up on her. Titania has so many hindrances we have to dedicate a humongous amount of time dealing with her steep learning curve, hindrances other top or high tier frames simply don't have. The cost to build an endgame Titania is unacceptable: 11 forma. 6 or 7 for the frame and 4 for the Pixias. And while I agree her Razorwing is strong, it's only 1 of 4 abilities and the others are generally useless (again, except for Dust and, maybe now, Thorns). How are people going to even play with her if, to have her shine, you have to spend 30 times the time you would spend with other frames which can use more than one ability? Titania, for me, is just like Zelda on Smash Bros. She has potential. She always had, her design was made to be a character as good as Sheik, her top tier counterpart. But in order to "not make her too powerful" they added hindrance after hindrance and she is on her fourth game being a low/bottom tier character. They know how to fix her, we all know, they came close on Smash Ultimate but the fear of making her "oVeRpOwErEd" made her a low tier. Again. Palutena, on the other hand, also had potential. A lot! She was my main on 3DS/U era and my first impression when playing her was "this girl is gonna be the next Meta Knight".  Unfortunately the monstrous amount of lag and the bad special attacks made Palutena a low tier on SmashU, but she had her hindrances fixed without fear of "overpowering" her on Ultimate and, well....top tier. Not overpowered, not the best in the game because, just as Titania, her kit has inherent flaws, but great. Even if DE got to the rework table with the "screw if Titania is overpowered" mindset, she would end up being not as good as Saryn or Octavia, but she would be a top/high tier along with them.

And then I bring back the unfortunate "She's good if you know how to use her" comment. That's simply not true!!! Let's talk about good but tricky to use frames? Mirage is the first I think of. She can put a ton of damage but it involves setting herself on fire or the nuke build that demands an augment, synergy between two or more abilities, positioning, etc and those tricks aren't obvious. Oberon? Cast grass, cast heal so you can have armor, uncast heal to keep energy, cast Smite Infusion for the damage, then grass again for crowd control followed by reckoning to get some armor down, then heal again to refresh armor and actually heal you and your teammates but be sure grass is still there...this is tricky, this is "being good when you know how to use it". Not Titania, if the fact her flaws are so glaring that barely anyone is playing her is not enough I don't know what will be to wake DE about her. Again, about 50% of the 1500 hours of playtime Switch says I have with Warframe were spent with Titania, I know her quite a bit, I'm not guessing.

It has been brought to attention countless times by so many different people: Lantern and Spellbind should be fused into one ability. Done on Vauban's rework with Bastille + Vortex, it's unbelievable something so much more obvious like Titania's case hasn't been done yet. Tribute? You tried to create diversity on the buffs but they ended up being mostly useless. Just give Titania the buffs you give the other Warframes! Damage buff, damage mitigation, healing, defense buff, speed buff, there are so many choices....but we ended up with Entangle and Full Moon??? Thorns was mostly fixed to add the defense part, dust gives us evasion, but and the rest? I'm playing with one of the most aggressive frames on this game using mere 65 armor and I can't even heal or barely protect myself. We're getting synergy between tribute and Razorwing (very questionable tho, as we know how long those poor things last), make Razorwing Blitz a synergy between Lantern+Spellbind and Razorwing. That's SO FAR from being something spectacular, Wisp gives us absurd fire rate and mobility, potentially with endless duration, for so much less and they create a whole new frame based on crazy speed but we can't have poor 65 armor Titania have something going for her. I can't take out of my head that you want Titania to be bad for some reason. I don't know what reason is that, but Titania Prime is just a couple months away and this character is still going to be a fiasco if you don't give her the attention needed.

20 minutes ago, (NSW)Bayodrake said:

Dear DE crew, thank you for opening this channel for our feedbacks.

First thing I want to address is how poorly the "nerf" process has been handled on warframe in order to keep variety on weapon usage. It simply doesn't work.
Every game has two or three weapons that are known to be the best in the game. That's how it is and that's how it has always been on every single game, being it single player, multiplayer, PvE or PvP and there's no problem with that, that's how long-time or advanced players are rewarded for their effort. When you say the Catchmoon is being used by about 50% of the advanced playerbase, it also says that the other 50% are getting the job done with other weapons, be it the pox (my personal favorite), the akjagara prime, the staticor, the tombfinger, the atomos and the list goes on. In absolutely no way the Catchmoon is necessary for completing objectives or being successful in Warframe and it astonishes me how you could interpret such data in that way as, once again, it only shows that the other half is clearly getting it together with the rest. Catchmoon is not overpowered, the other weapons are underpowered compared to it, albeit still efficient. In a game that prizes itself for the amount of content and freedom of progress and customization given to it's players, it's utterly shocking that your way to promote "variety" is removing options and not adding them. You are not giving us the chance to succeed with other weapons as there have been barely any buffs to the top secondaries if there was any at all, you are arbitrarily forcing us to abandon a playstyle or simply a favorite weapon to choose between others that weren't picked for a reason. It's not diversity, it's frustration. The Catchmoon is not an "exploit" or a "demand" on higher level content, so not bringing other options on par with it simply makes me wonder what kind of approach you are having towards the mechanics of Warframe.

You see, I'm not a Catchmoon user myself. Check my profile, my number one is and always will be the Pox. I admit I was not looking so much into this massive issue because it wasn't my favorite weapon being nerfed, but my arrogance was met with due karma: Zenistar, my favorite melee weapon, has been nerfed to the ground. Once again, not a game breaking issue or a demand for high level content, but in this case, it's not even one of the most used melees. The Zaws, the whips, the Paracesis, the Redeemer Prime, the Arca Triton or the Jet Kittag are weapons I see used so much more than the Zenistar, so why simply take from us the opportunity of building a strategy or a gameplay niche around such an interesting and unique mechanic? Why simply dictate to us that we can't use this weapon anymore simply because you don't want to? The combo duration gimmick doesn't even come close to working and it's absurd that no one stopped to think that building a combo count with a heavy slow weapon as the Zenistar is not only a chore, but something that goes in the opposite direction of a playstyle using the disc throwing thing. You give us squishy frames, we have to deal with their  fragility in some way and setting some traps is the best of them, what are the odds we will go full front against heavy armored enemies using a Banshee, for example? The "afk" excuse is terrible because good luck trying to battle 100+ lvl enemies with only the Zenistar and 45 sec is VERY far from the time I would call "away from keyboard". You can drop Octavia's mallet for more time, bigger range, bigger duration and effectively kill everything around you without having to move an inch, but the issue is the Zenistar? And you can press 4 for Mesa and just refresh it a little while after it killed double the amount of enemies the Zeni would kill on the whole match. And no, it's not a case of nerfing Octavia or nerfing Mesa, it's a case of you simply don't removing options for those who have an individual albeit valid way of playing the game, being it camping, fully engaging the enemies, setting up traps, supporting, etc. That's what makes a game fun, the freedom to put yourself into your strategies and you know what we players do  when you take away the joy of playing a game? We stop playing it. 

I personally agree with every letter in this post. Make it double, i quote you here again ! The last words are very deep and sad. : )

""The "afk" excuse is terrible because good luck trying to battle 100+ lvl enemies with only the Zenistar and 45 sec is VERY far from the time I would call "away from keyboard". You can drop Octavia's mallet for more time, bigger range, bigger duration and effectively kill everything around you without having to move an inch, but the issue is the Zenistar? And you can press 4 for Mesa and just refresh it a little while after it killed double the amount of enemies the Zeni would kill on the whole match. And no, it's not a case of nerfing Octavia or nerfing Mesa, it's a case of you simply don't removing options for those who have an individual albeit valid way of playing the game, being it camping, fully engaging the enemies, setting up traps, supporting, etc. That's what makes a game fun, the freedom to put yourself into your strategies and you know what we players do  when you take away the joy of playing a game? We stop playing it. "

I loved warframe for freedom, but now slowly DE takes away freedom and the only thing remains is number1tank+number1metaweapon for every mission, and no use of other frames or weaker weapons.  

• Like 1

Just now, FoxyKabam said:

i mean the kuva drop wasn't a bug

oh hey something to make the lich grind more rewarding

how awful

This is what really gets me.  I was finally starting to feel like I was getting something out of farming Liches besides useless weapons, and it's gone almost immediately.  Back to spending hours on end rerolling duplicates I guess. 

• Like 1

Well i decided when someone else's lich spawns I will start extraction EVERY TIME, the last three boss spawns (took like 15 missions to get these 3 boss) people just decided I dont need help with my t5 lich and proceeded to extraction. #*!% this.

14 minutes ago, GoatPimp said:

Well i decided when someone else's lich spawns I will start extraction EVERY TIME, the last three boss spawns (took like 15 missions to get these 3 boss) people just decided I dont need help with my t5 lich and proceeded to extraction. #*!% this.

I had similar issues.  I had to recruit help from my clan to down my t5 lich.  This is the only time in the game DE has failed to incentivize players to coop.  People need incentive to down other's liches.  Since they drop no loot, I don't know what they can do, but they should address this in some way.

Meanwhile, I'm thinking "Oh well, that was clearly not intended and it would be pretty stupid for Thralls to drop the mods for a number of reasons.  On the other hand, thank #*!%ing god they removed Kuva from their drops, the very last thing I want or need is more #*!%ing worthless Kuva."

Not too long ago that I was watching the documentary they made about Warframe and DE. I was so proud of it and felt like being a part of it, because boy if this game had a strength it was its link with its playerbase and the freedom it offered in its gameplay.

I've been silent on this forum for 4 years and this is the single time a direction they took disappointed and - most importantly - worried me so much. I was a daily Raid player, yet I kept my mouth shut because I understood the reasoning behind that choice, despite it taking away one of the cores aspect I was attached to.

This update on the other hand has been a slap in the face, from how it was delivered to how it is being handled right now.

I've had my posts being renamed despite not being offensive like 2-3 times. The last hotfix doesn't address anything the community is worried about: the massive RNG grind on top of RNG grind, for no real reward besides mastery rank; the death of weapon diversity in melee with Condition Overload being nerfed and Maiming Strike - that hey, we get it, it promoted a bad gameplay. But if you're gonna promise you're gonna bring other weapons on pair with it, then nerfing it to the ground and basically killing major categories of weapons that solely relied on it, you understand that a simple forma bundle is not gonna cut it.

The Kuva Lich problem. In the last year I started respecting Eidolon Hunts and took the time and effort to learn and master them. I feel like this is the closest we have to endgame because it forces you to master your skills and punishes you for your mistakes. Kuva Lich is the opposite. It doesn't matter any thought process behind it, you don't learn anything new after each run. It's all up to RNG. All that matters is how much time you dump into it.

What is Warframe promoting with this? In the above mentioned documentary there was a moment where they said that Warframe grew alongside its playerbase. What you're telling now to that playerbase who now is studying/working most of the week, who once knew that having the knowledge - which let's face it it's like one of the few skills you can have in this game - to bring the right gear or right strategy now doesn't matter anymore. "Sorry. We are not for you anymore." All it matters is how much time you dump into an RNG grind, could it be Rivens could it be Kuva Lich in its current state. You don't want players who enjoy your game, you want slaves who end up playing your game so much that they become addicted and end up spending their wallet. Well, you had mine open for a while now, goodluck with the future.

• Like 1