Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

kuva lich can steal sortie reward

KoiHana

3 hours ago, Lion said:

Oh my God that is infuriating.

Shouldn't be connected to sorties period.

3 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

That is actually very cool. I like it.

Two types of people lol. But yeah, hopefully we 100% get them back after killing them... though tbh the actual grind to get to that stage is just too much imo...

Actually it's really easy to avoid having your rewards stolen by the lich. Just destroy his fleet in that node, then you can do the mission you want in that node. If that node isn't taken over by the lich, he can't steal anything from you. Same applies to sorties. Check the node of sortie 3, do the kuva fleet mission on that node, then do the sortie 3.

Any theories on how tedious this will start to feel over time?

I haven't played the update yet so I'm not sure about the intricacies of the Kuva Lich system. Is it optional or something you can go out of your way to avoid? Or are you just kind of forced into the repetition of killing the Lich over and over? I haven't played it, I'm sure it is fun, but I can imagine that with time I'll start to get very annoyed and frustrated by my rewards getting stolen. As it stands, farming for specific relics (or any reward for that matter) can get frustrating over time due to RNG. Then having a Lich come along and steal it would make me even more frustrated. Are situations like this avoidable? Can someone more familiar with the new update comment?

1 hour ago, Eshima said:

Don't feel so bad.... Mine keeps stealing the dang relics I need to kill him!

relicstolen.jpg

BUT WHYYYYYYYY~ 

Does DE have literally no foresight?

At this point I'd be surprised if they can't gain influence on the Kuva Fortress and steal Requium mods directly..... 

Now the actual reason I looked this thread up again was that I'd mulled over a potential logistical nightmare with regards to the Rivens.

OK so lets imagine I'm near max capacity headed into overflow territory.....\

And then the Litch starts stealing my Rivens, day after day another Riven another Theft. Now lets say it's like 10 Rivens in and I fianlly say !@#%!@ it I'll interact with your dumb system..... and I kill my Litch.

Now I was already at overflow and the Litch had a hypothetical 10+ Rivens on it...... what happens to the Rivens? 

Do they just vanish?

Do they overflow to like 130+? 

If you get it back when you kill them. Then it's a cool mechanic. It promotes playing the game. Thinking, strategy, what to do when and where.

I am very glad it isn't easy. I do not like the game being easy. Nobody should. It becomes boring.

Well. That can lead toward an interesting use for liches. Let's say I had max riven count, but still wanted to do sorties. If a lich steaks my riven reward, I still "got it" but it's not in my inventory so it doesn't count against me. Do this long enough, long enough to say buy more riven slots, then kill the lich and boom a stack of rivens I couldn't hold before. 

2 hours ago, Eshima said:

The first time it happened I sat there staring at the screen in disbelief.

I was in a Pub with people arguing whether or not the relics dropped from Kuva Floods.

They were, quite happy upon realising they did drop, but rather amused (and I cannot blame them) when I informed them my Lich took mine.

2 hours ago, devildevil21 said:

Actually it's really easy to avoid having your rewards stolen by the lich. Just destroy his fleet in that node, then you can do the mission you want in that node. If that node isn't taken over by the lich, he can't steal anything from you. Same applies to sorties. Check the node of sortie 3, do the kuva fleet mission on that node, then do the sortie 3.

Not true. I cleared influence on a kuva flood node before doing a doing the actual kuva flood mission (so did the lich mission first, then the kuva flood when influence was cleared). Still got robbed. It looks like there's a percentage chance of getting items stolen planetwide, rather than node-based. Unless there's a bug.

1 hour ago, Mackanstein said:

Not true. I cleared influence on a kuva flood node before doing a doing the actual kuva flood mission (so did the lich mission first, then the kuva flood when influence was cleared). Still got robbed. It looks like there's a percentage chance of getting items stolen planetwide, rather than node-based. Unless there's a bug.

I was mistaken. I thought it was just the node. You need to clear out the entire planet. If there is still a controlled node on that planet, the whole planet has taxed rewards.