Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please DONT change the grendel missions

THE_ZEEK

9 hours ago, CuChulainnWD said:

This game is/was designed to be a coop game. Work with other people? It is your choice to solo a mission, bringing added difficulty and grief to you.

I like how you went right past the "the missions don't provide matchmaking" part of my statement.  If they want me to work with other people, provide the damn tools to work with other people.

I got a mission. NO MODS it says. So no build works. I laughed. I haven't done it yet cause not feeling to confident in myself as of late. But i'll get to it soon.

Forgot to mention i can't get a team to do this fight. No one seems to be running this mission so yea its a problem.

Edited by Lancars

18 hours ago, Bl4zko said:

People just aren't used to have something hard/challenging to do, everything must be easy and require the least effort possible which I completely disagree with.

One thing I agree is that there should've been some sort of dialog or explanation before going in those missions. The rest seems pretty cool so far.

It's not even challenging though? It's gimmicky at best and the way DE made it so is to literally making any sort of mod set up planning null. I.e. the utmost minimum and laziest way of implementing artificial difficulty.

More to the point, this quest chain isn't fun in any stretch of the word. It's an exercise in tedium when said "difficulty" can likewise be achieved by making enemies be on very high level cap WITHOUT taking away what so many have grinded for years. Furthermore, WF has been all about power fantasy, but that doesn't mean a challenging power fantasy can't be achieved. It just needs more thought and yet DE decided to go with, again, the laziest way around it and only extrapolates the issue that is enemy scaling after the fact that they have basically regressed melee to a less fluid gimmick than it ever has been.

This is literally like having DE run a lvl 9999 enemy survival event mission only now our mod setup is rendered useless..... There's no fun in this, there's no challenge in this, especially not in a defense mission where parkour is essentially made useless now since our grounded state anchors us to said defense target more than it should. Let that sink in for one god dang minute, a game whose selling point is its niche take on shooter that is speedy combat where you can go from point A to point B fast for a get in, kill, get out approach and have us be anchored to a defense point thus limiting our mobility ergo undermining the game's selling point.

It's not warframe, it's just a worse version of Destiny or any other shooter at that point.

I'm not the best of players even on a good day, no matter what my MR should say. I sometimes fall over on high-level content even with some of the tankier frames. Sometimes parkour into a low wall over and over because I get frustrated and stuck. I've failed missions I shouldn't have, sometimes by being distracted by a mob I shouldn't have tried to go after or getting sideswiped by something I wasn't looking at. My builds aren't always the greatest because there's something I want to try, or I don't quite get *all* of the mechanics of the game.

That said, I generally do pretty well. At least, I *feel* like I do pretty well. It *feels* like I'm to a point where I can take on higher levels of content, like I can maybe go an extra round or two of ESO or go for that 60+ minutes of Survival on a higher level node. Maybe even contribute more to taking down a Hydrolyst. Even if I fail those missions, I'll still feel like I got pretty far. And maybe I got a little bit better. Either way, I've had fun, and felt like I did something substantial.

The Grendel missions take that away from me. I don't feel like I'm doing well when I get punished for taking a frame I enjoy playing into one of them and dying in two hits. I don't feel like I'm improving when I cycle through a dozen frames to see which one won't immediately die. I don't feel like I'm having fun when I die to a trash mob that I'm struggling to kill. I don't feel like I've done anything substantial when I look up from my third revive and see that I'm only two minutes into a 20 minute Survival mission, or the first wave of a Defense.

The Grendel missions just make me feel like I suck for not being able to play. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, xZephyrosx said:

These missions are not funny or challenge. Pick the right squad and you can cheese them... I dont know what is fun about it.

What i hate about it though, is that i first need to grind 25/50/75 Arbitration's cred, to get the keys. That i need to do such a long and boring mission 3 times to get a warframe. 

I understand that DE is encouraging us to buy the frame with plat, so that they get some money out of it. But if this is the F2P way, then no thanks... I dont mind grinding i do it for over 5 years in warframe, but this is a bit to much of boring and long stretched content. I think it would be much better if you guys just shorten the missions.

Sure you do....except you don't. I stupidly bought all three keys and then went "LF Grendel X mission" and got all the parts without using any key, only having them as "collection" now.

Also nice to see that people cry because they can't play without their cheat codes, really shows the general level of skill of the userbase.

Edited by DLOArceus

2 hours ago, BhruicDearg said:

I like how you went right past the "the missions don't provide matchmaking" part of my statement.  If they want me to work with other people, provide the damn tools to work with other people.

I  like how you forget about pugs when you set your group settings to "public" or being able to form your own groups in "Recruit" chat. It is a non issue to me as to me it seems you are being deliberately obtuse.  Creating a problem that is not there.

Edited by CuChulainnWD

Looks like I won't be able to try the missions until next week. I want to kill my Lich first. 

All this talking points about how disabling mods is anti-Warframe and how it's not fun are not deterring me from wanting to try them out. I've intentionally gimped my mods before and I did enjoy the challenge, but I felt I was going nowhere because I had no reason to do so beyond personal enjoyment. 

Now, I will actually be rewarded with a frame for playing that way, which addresses my concerns about nerfing yourself not being rewarding with regards to what the game gives you for it. 

Can't wait! Thanks for finally giving me a challenge, DE. Even if this is a one time thing, it is most welcome. 

Edited by Jarriaga

2 hours ago, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

Wait. How do I get him then?

You don't. It's about making a conscious decision to reject this piece of gear because its requirements are complete bullS#&$. Exactly what I did for the hema, khora, the lato/braton vandals and now this (also anything kuva lich related).

2 hours ago, LawnPygmy said:

The Grendel missions take that away from me. I don't feel like I'm doing well when I get punished for taking a frame I enjoy playing into one of them and dying in two hits. I don't feel like I'm improving when I cycle through a dozen frames to see which one won't immediately die. I don't feel like I'm having fun when I die to a trash mob that I'm struggling to kill. I don't feel like I've done anything substantial when I look up from my third revive and see that I'm only two minutes into a 20 minute Survival mission, or the first wave of a Defense.

The Grendel missions just make me feel like I suck for not being able to play. 

Don't feel bad, lots of people are struggling with these missions. I've tried them a few times, found myself struggling, dying a lot and NOT HAVING ANY FUN so I'll manage without Grendel.

I'm not going to buy him with platinum either, I'm not going to reward this kind of design.

I have to admit it was irritating to do them. But the GG WP that was said at the end was intended and truly appreciated. 

But about the irritation, it's more about a sudden change than it is about the power reduction. The network issues I faced when I reached 700 cryotic causing me to be booted (twice) was a bigger turn off than the actual mission. 

We did the excavation first as you can't technically fail it, but will just take longer if you suck at it. 

The defense actually has a failure possibility and without Frost or limbo is extremely challenging, 

Survival is too easy if you have either a stealth frame or a tank, it's just a waiting simulator. 

Edited by 0_The_F00l

I did them with Trinity, with a group of random players I found in recruitment chat. Two of them were totally clueless of what the challenge was about so we explained.

So we went with Trin, Frost, Rhino and Saryn for the Excavation and Defense, and Wisp instead of Saryn for the Survival. Saryn is almost mandatory if you want any good DPS actually, but Wisp was also really useful in Survival.

Overall I'd say it was a nice challenge. I think the mission are a bit too long. 10 waves of Defense, 15 mins of Survival and 400 cryo would have been more than enough. But it was pretty fun nonetheless, a decent change of pace so to say.

5 hours ago, CuChulainnWD said:

I  like how you forget about pugs when you set your group settings to "public" or being able to form your own groups in "Recruit" chat. It is a non issue to me as to me it seems you are being deliberately obtuse.  Creating a problem that is not there.

It's like you don't understand that "no matchmaking" means that setting your group to "public" doesn't work.  Talk about being obtuse!  Nor should I be required to join a chat room in order to group up in the game.  If they are going to force encounters that require grouping, then use the damn grouping tools that are already in the game.

On 2019-11-02 at 4:33 PM, 844448 said:

Nyx, ever hear it before?

I had actually forgotten about Nyx, rather amusing since I used to main her many years ago.

I was about to try her, but thought for a bit and picked Revenant instead. The reasons being that a) he has a huge base shield, b) his mind control is contagious (important when conserving energy and also to concentrate fire away from you or the pod) and c) he can heal himself if necessary (though at a high energy cost).

This actually worked. I was able to keep fire off the pod for enough of the mission to succeed, and I had enough shields that I could afford to trade a few hits and then disengage to recover, or even use Reave to heal myself (though I instadied to grenades twice).

For reference, my loadout was:

-Revenant.

-A high speed, high status rapier plague zaw (endura would have also worked). Rapiers have a good stanceless moveset, giving you free mobility at all times (which is absolutely vital). Also, I read somewhere that the heavy attack on rapiers forces a slash proc. This is true, and it was very useful in taking out anti-moas, eximice and the two bursas at the end (get behind them and continue to sharply thrust your implement into their soft rear until they keel over).

-Pistol and rifle... actually aren't necessary. I took the acrid and the torid, scourge might have been slightly better for corroding away armour on the bursas.

6 hours ago, Luciole77 said:

to me was a awfull experience...totally unfun.

Completely agree. I'm glad I dont have to do them again. It was not challenging or even difficult. Just plain unfun, tedious, annoying and unnecessary. God damn it was just awful 🤮. I'm having a suspicion that its on purpose to push people to buy Grendel with plat. Gotta say I was tempted but I will not support this type of business strategy.

DE, if you are not going to change mission to appease those that find it 'fun' at least add some alternative options to farm Grendel that don't involve platinum. I'd be happy to acquire double the Vitus Essences to get each part if it meant not doing the missions.

Edited by Randomeer

On 2019-11-01 at 11:39 AM, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

You know if you have the evidence to prove that can you go argue against all the people who defend Revenant. Because you just bad a pretty big claim that could debunk their biggest defense of him.

If your trying to make the same lifeless claim that rev is garbage I honestly pity you