Question

1.Pick Revenant

2.Equip Broken Scepter

3.Enter mission

4.Press 1

5.Run around leeching energy from dead robots while thralls tanks damage

6.Quickly melee any anti magic guys

8. profit

Probably with Broken Scepter it can be cheesed by a lot of frames.

• Like 5

One thing to add, maybe relevant to some, event thou all mods are disabled, you still start with the same energy amount as if you had the mods on.

Because of this, and if you want to start with full energy, it's better to actually manually remove all mods from the frame.

On 2019-11-03 at 3:57 AM, Vit0Corleone said:

One thing to add, maybe relevant to some, event thou all mods are disabled, you still start with the same energy amount as if you had the mods on.

Because of this, and if you want to start with full energy, it's better to actually manually remove all mods from the frame.

You start with the amount of energy you would have with 0 mods. For example Frost has a 150 energy pool, limbo has over 250. So no not a full energy pool like you have your mods. This is so incorrect. Now removing your mods will supposedly net you some extra energy but overall it's definitely not a full modded energy pool

Edited by (PS4)dieyungsveyurslf
Misspelling

Well I went with a full squad and I didnt do any of these and it was hell.  I wish I would have remembered about the broken staff because energy is what I was criticallly missing.  Luckily we had a hildron with us and got us energy that way..sometimes...  

But we did all 3 without failing, it was just hell though.  People without friends better pay attention to this thread, its their only chance lol.  

On 2019-11-01 at 7:33 PM, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Nidus would honestly be a better option. Especially for the survival. He’s able to solo Mot for an hour with no mods.

Nidus can survive but he can't kill efficiently enough lv42 for life support for 15 min. without a weapon (your weapon doesn't have mods too), you have no aura, operator etc.
If you manage to do it - bravo. I tried 8 times with nidus(he was my first thought) before giving up and just doing it with saryn.

The best suggestions I've seen so far for solo are this^ one and Hildryn.

Edited by vegetosayajin
  • Like 1

On 2019-11-02 at 4:11 AM, Otebski said:

1.Pick Revenant

2.Equip Broken Scepter

3.Enter mission

4.Press 1

5.Run around leeching energy from dead robots while thralls tanks damage

6.Quickly melee any anti magic guys

8. profit

Probably with Broken Scepter it can be cheesed by a lot of frames.

Or equip Mirage (Prime) and press 1.

Easy.

Have fun and may RNG be forever in your favor.

21 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

They patched that.

The patch / update 26.1 for PC has the change

" Fixed Mirage's Hall of Mirrors Clones dealing Modded damage in Grendel's "No Mods Mode" missions."

On PS4 we have only just received update 26.0.6 and based on past time frames between PC and console updates we are not likely to get 26.1 for a few weeks.

So for those on console the equip Mirage press 1 method is still very much an option.

Edited by (PS4)Deadmennwalking

1 minute ago, (PS4)Deadmennwalking said:

The patch / update 26.1 for PC has the change

" Fixed Mirage's Hall of Mirrors Clones dealing Modded damage in Grendel's "No Mods Mode" missions."

On PS4 we have only just received update 26.0.6 and based on past time frames between PC and consoleupdates we are not likely to get 26.1 for a few weeks.

So for those on console the equip Mirage press 1 method is still very much an option.

How silly of them. You'd think they'd release it with the hotfix already done...

3 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

How silly of them. You'd think they'd release it with the hotfix already done...

I find that it is always useful to watch / read the feedback from you PC players about any new updates.

Certainly some of the initial unintended "pain" is removed before we receive the updates on Console.

As an example for the Grendel missions I did an internet search on what weapons / frames to equip. I don't play my Mirage Prime at all but with the no mod modifier I decided to give it a try and found that all the missions were really easy.

As an example I did the survival mission with one other player, a Wisp, who didn't even use any of the wisp abilities, go figure. At mission end, which we completed easily, Mirage Prime 791 kills, Wisp 22 kills. Similar story with the excavation mission with the same Wisp player, we lost 1 extractor when I had low energy, but other than that did the 8 extractors easily.

I suppose I can therefore understand why DE have nerfed / changed the Mirage 1 ability for these missions.

Thanks for the reply.

28 minutes ago, (PS4)Deadmennwalking said:

I find that it is always useful to watch / read the feedback from you PC players about any new updates.

Certainly some of the initial unintended "pain" is removed before we receive the updates on Console.

As an example for the Grendel missions I did an internet search on what weapons / frames to equip. I don't play my Mirage Prime at all but with the no mod modifier I decided to give it a try and found that all the missions were really easy.

As an example I did the survival mission with one other player, a Wisp, who didn't even use any of the wisp abilities, go figure. At mission end, which we completed easily, Mirage Prime 791 kills, Wisp 22 kills. Similar story with the excavation mission with the same Wisp player, we lost 1 extractor when I had low energy, but other than that did the 8 extractors easily.

I suppose I can therefore understand why DE have nerfed / changed the Mirage 1 ability for these missions.

Thanks for the reply.

I mean yeh, it's a bug. The clones don't lose the mods on the weapons meaning you're way over powered for what the mission is supposed to offer. They fixed it so augments don't work to combat this. I just used Revenant, it was easy by using thralls.

Thanks a lot for ideas! Just did survival with Wukong and Bramma/B.Scepter.

There's another way to do excavation mission: take any frame you like and just run. Launch excavator and run. It takes about 40 minutes, you don't have to even kill anybody. 🙂 Not the funniest way to do, but reliable.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Cotton Tail said:

I've just experienced the same thing - none of the downed enemies cause the drain prompt to appear. I can't see anything in the patch notes however.

Just did survival with wukong - never even need any drain, celestial twin with bramma was quite enough.

On defense twin with bramma wasn't enough, tried it with revenant - and everything worked. From SOME bodies I didn't get the prompt, but most of them worked totally fine. You only have to watch your back so nobody kills you while you're defenseless draining another corpse.

23 hours ago, daktfi said:

Just did survival with wukong - never even need any drain, celestial twin with bramma was quite enough.

On defense twin with bramma wasn't enough, tried it with revenant - and everything worked. From SOME bodies I didn't get the prompt, but most of them worked totally fine. You only have to watch your back so nobody kills you while you're defenseless draining another corpse.

Yeah, think I might give Wukong a go like this...I'll keep experimenting with the sceptre - maybe there's a bug in there somewhere....

Thanks 🙂

I see no really good reason to ever Solo the missions.

Since you already have the beacons, and have the right build to Solo, it doesn't hurt to let 3 randos tag along and give away some free Grendel. pay it forward, reduce the grind in the world.

Just go to Recruitment and say: "Free Grendel farm, all 3 beacons, just show up. Rez me if I fall down."

3 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

I see no really good reason to ever Solo the missions.

Since you already have the beacons, and have the right build to Solo, it doesn't hurt to let 3 randos tag along and give away some free Grendel. pay it forward, reduce the grind in the world.

Just go to Recruitment and say: "Free Grendel farm, all 3 beacons, just show up. Rez me if I fall down."

Cos challenge?