Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Vauban actually got a nerf?

ElKayJae

3 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

Yeah, but here is the deal:

Why should DE even listen to him? Why should anyone listen to a random guy with clearly noticeable anger management issues that has no authority on anything?

inb4 "He mains vauban" And? There's more vauban mains than him, why should DE listen to this guy's ideas specifically?

He's so retardedly mad over something he has no right to control. It's actually funny. Makes me wanna laugh at him and throw snide jokes in his direction, for being so stuck up that he thinks he's some chosen one vauban saviour. Just to see how much more mad he will get.

Following his logic, just because I've got literally the biggest fan concept thread ever* DE should remake their entire game into what I've made.

*with actual 100's of new units and nearly a 100 new guns, not mentioning huge lore updates and an entire new enemy faction.

I have to agree with you. Rathatelius seems like an entitled brat who thinks he knows everything better than the devs.

• Like 2

hace 3 minutos, HugintheCrow dijo:

Yeah, but here is the deal:

Why should DE even listen to him? Why should anyone listen to a random guy with clearly noticeable anger management issues that has no authority on anything?

inb4 "He mains vauban" And? There's more vauban mains than him, why should DE listen to this guy's ideas specifically?

He's so retardedly mad over something he has no right to control. It's actually funny. Makes me wanna laugh at him and throw snide jokes in his direction, for being so stuck up that he thinks he's some chosen one vauban saviour. Just to see how much more mad he will get.

Following his logic, just because I've got literally the biggest fan concept thread ever* DE should remake their entire game into what I've made.

*with actual 100's of new units and nearly a 100 new guns, not mentioning huge lore updates and an entire new enemy faction.

If what you say its true Vauban should be more used and you ll be able to see more Vaubans from time to time. Cause he's a mad guy with anger issues and he has no idea. 

Okay, come back in some weeks and tell me how many Vaubans you played with. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, XzWasPzX said:

If what you say its true Vauban should be more used and you ll be able to see more Vaubans from time to time. Cause he's a mad guy with anger issues and he has no idea. 

Okay, come back in some weeks and tell me how many Vaubans you played with. 

Nice emotion based argument. It's not about Rahetalius' ideas being good or bad, I don't even know his ideas.

It's about how he presents himself. If you walk into a meeting and start screaming "DO THIS OR I'LL SCREAM", you will get kicked out by security.

His actions and behaviour made him look unprofessional and stuck-up, no matter how good or bad his ideas actually are.

Edited by HugintheCrow
  • Like 1

Justo ahora, HugintheCrow dijo:

Nice emotion based argument. It's not about Rahetalius' ideas being good or bad, I don't even know his ideas.

It's about how he presents himself. If you walk into a meeting and start screaming "DO THIS OR I'LL SCREAM", you will get kicked out by security.

His actions and behaviour made him look unprofessional and stuck-up, no matter how good or bad his ideas actually are.

Ok ok, but his manners are not the point, his manners doesnt affect tha vauban gameplay, so what are you talking about?

Just now, XzWasPzX said:

Ok ok, but his manners are not the point, his manners doesnt affect tha vauban gameplay, so what are you talking about?

Did you read my post?

Again, really slowly:

If. You. Act. Like. An. A******. You. Won't. Be. Listened. To.

Rahetalius. Acts. Like. An. A******. So. DE. Doesn't. Want. To. LIsten. To. Him.

His. Knowledge. Of. Vauban. Is. Irrelevant. Because. Of. This.

• Like 2

Justo ahora, HugintheCrow dijo:

Did you read my post?

Again, really slowly:

If. You. Act. Like. An. A******. You. Won't. Be. Listened. To.

Rahetalius. Acts. Like. An. A******. So. DE. Doesn't. Want. To. LIsten. To. Him.

His. Knowledge. Of. Vauban. Is. Irrelevant. Because. Of. This.

So you have nothing to say about the vauban gameplay, just insulting this guy for his manners without taking a sight on what he actually says. Ok, i get it. *Ignore this guy... forever xD*

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, XzWasPzX said:

So you have nothing to say about the vauban gameplay, just insulting this guy for his manners without taking a sight on what he actually says. Ok, i get it. *Ignore this guy... forever xD*

He's the one insulting, I'm calling him out.

Of course I'm not gonna look at what he says if he acts like child.

• Like 3

His rework is half finished IMO.

His 1 is better.

His 2 is still garbage. Should have been turrets.

His 3 had the initial "wow" factor, but in practice its bad all around. Also, how do you orbital strike something in the middle of a ship without hitting anything else? Same goes for Ember, where do the meteors come from? (She should have had an exalted fireform thing where she chucks fireballs.)

His 4 is alright. I can live with the energy cost. It is tricky to get used to though. Trying to spam bast everywhere and accidentally turning them into vortex is kind of a downer.

Also he never got any kind of defensive ability. (Damage reduction, nullifier shield, whatever) He is still paper and one shot.

Also why the hell is the vector pad even there. If you wanted the meme ability, bounce pads were way better.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, XzWasPzX said:

He already said this..

Well, I guess I was wrong, he's not likeing the rework. Glad he did such a thing, DE need to learn the hard way.

I love the white-knights in this thread tho, golden popcorn

1 hour ago, FoxyKabam said:

from what I've seen shes excessively energy hungry for very little pay off beyond her new 4

hoping booben and ember both get some tweaks

Ouch

44 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Well, I guess I was wrong, he's not likeing the rework. Glad he did such a thing, DE need to learn the hard way.

You know, not liking a rework doesn't mean that someone else must learn the hard way.

I like the Vauban rework. And so? That's my opinion.

Rahetalius doesn't like it? Ok, that's his opinion.

Not everyone can be pleased. Some will like that, someone will not. That's how it works.

4 hours ago, Autongnosis said:

To no one's surprise, crippling vauban's CC for an ineffective flat dmg ability, an even worse minelayer (something i never thought I'd ever say) and some extremely generic low value dmg buff was a bad idea... 

At least i can get use of the new minelayer. The old one was "why should i use it?".

Also, Vauban's CC is now the 4th ability. It just happens to strip and turn into vortex now.

4 hours ago, Autongnosis said:

Been saying this vauban's rework is full on crap since the first time they showed it, still went through with it. 

I'm currently in the process of choosing which warframe i want in my permanent loadouts in place of the piece of steaming manure they turned my vauban into. 

You do realize that you can mod the Vauban properly? Like, giving enough strenght to strip enemy's armor? It even works on enemies like Ambulas and Juggernaut, which are tankier, and Brokers and Executioners, which are hard to hit (and on higher level, tankier).

It's not a rocket science.

• Like 1

Yeah, I was saying it before the update - Vauban's changes fix absolutely NOTHING that was wrong with him. He still has Minelayer, when the players don't want it. Tesla is still way too weak, with mechanics that are a pain to use in actual missions. He has *NO* defensive ability whatsoever, and will crumple in actual high level content.

People immediately rushed to defend the game from my dangerous personal attacks that would clearly end the game as we know it.

I could rant about what I wish they would do. But it's like Rathatelius said - multiple ideas have been proposed. The complaints have been expressed. DE doesn't care, and won't fix him.

2 hours ago, JackHargreav said:

Rathatelius seems like an entitled brat who thinks he knows everything better than the devs.

To be fair, that's because he does know Vauban better than the devs.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

il y a 23 minutes, BombtailsTheFox a dit :

You do realize that you can mod the Vauban properly? Like, giving enough strenght to strip enemy's armor? It even works on enemies like Ambulas and Juggernaut, which are tankier, and Brokers and Executioners, which are hard to hit (and on higher level, tankier).

It's not a rocket science.

Yeah you condescending A******, i realise full well what mods do. And it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see how the massively increased cast times, badly done combination of vortex and bastille and loss of concuss grenades hurt the frame hard.

5 hours ago, Autongnosis said:

Yeah you condescending A******, i realise full well what mods do. And it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see how the massively increased cast times, badly done combination of vortex and bastille and loss of concuss grenades hurt the frame hard.

I'm sure that i didn't insult you (therefore, calling me a****** for saying that you can mod properly Vauban is pretty useless).

Also, the cast times can be decreased with Natural Talent. Yes, it may be a waste of a mod slot, but it works. Or it's possible to say "Hey DE, could you speed up the cast time of Vauban's abilities, if possible?".

Regarding Bastille and Vortex... How is a bad combination? Bastille strips armor now, and you can hold 4 to trigger Vortex. Honestly, it's quite handy, depending if a player fights Grineer or Corpus.

And regarding concuss... It's funny, because i didn't even found an appropriate use for the old minelayer. Bounce was kinda good, but that was it if it was Corpus (or trolling people), Trip Laser was much useless because there was barely any situation for that, and i didn't even bother use Shred or Concuss, because they were kinda useless.

• Like 2

Heh..  predicted this

Vauban is really super weak, always got 1 shotted in 70-80+ level. You need to sacrifice 2-3 slot for survivability or you will be dead every 10 seconds

The throwing speed is TOO SLOW, the arc is weird. It should be a straight and fast throw. Even natural talent unable to help this S#&$

Tesla is better, but the roller wont follow you if it meet enemy and you walk pass the enemy, the tesla will latch onto it till the enemy dead

Minelayer is slow af, and costly. You need to spawn 3-4 mine of same type to get a good result. The duration is really not enough due you need to balance all power, dur, efficiency, and range.

Tether is good, but always made enemy stuck into fence while pulling, making it hard to kill the tethered enemy

Fleechete is good too.. but you need to spawn 4 at SAME PLACE in order to get a good result

BOOST PAD?? Bullet jumping is faster and cost 0 energy. This thing should go away and changed to be survivability mine.. 

Damage amp, you need to sacrifice slot for pow str to make it decent.. and of course, low duration + not area effect

Even wisp got a better cycling ability due to her 1st giving good amount of survivability, cc, speed with unlimited duration

Orbital strike is good, able to rip enemies.. But its TOOOO costly to use.

Bastille and Vortex.. Why. The. Hell. Do. They. Make. Slow. AF. Animation. For. This. ABILITY!? Not only its slow, the throwing speed is still same as ever, not counting the 1-2 sec delay before it active when it hits ground. You end up dying with vauban before the Bastille works

Edited by Gruiz

Booben would have just been fine, since he is an engineer, KING of technology (it would have feet the character perfectly) with big turrets,like 2, 3 max, maybe only one, but 2 are more fun right ? ok... that he can throw for his ulti combined with his CC on other ability, and like the more mobs he control in the area, the more damage he will deal, scaling damage (we all love that).

Looks balanced, strategic because you need a bit of work to do amazing damage.

Yes, turrets that can be throw, like Axton in Borderlands 2, so big turrets, that are doing lethal damage with good visual FX and sound, would have been a LOT of fun, like laser as primary fire and atomic explosion damage as secondary fire to nuke pretty much everything with a cooldown right.

Opportunity missed, IMO.

Maybe i should rework Vauban for you ? Then give me the keys!

Edited by Alpha56

59 minutes ago, ForsakenCrusader said:

Anyone who thinks ember got it better is trolling, her 1 is still bad, her 2 goes up way to fast and her energy costs are huge forcing you to run max efficiency. There Is absolutely no reason to use new ember over saryn. 

And what is so wrong with high efficiency, you literally get to fully strip enemy armor on button press plus gain power strength on passive(using either 3rd or first) IMO ember has now trumped saryn in terms of armor stripping and possible damage. If running high efficiency is the go to build to make this rework work then so be it.

1 minute ago, GuezMan said:

And what is so wrong with high efficiency, you literally get to fully strip enemy armor on button press plus gain power strength on passive(using either 3rd or first) IMO ember has now trumped saryn in terms of armor stripping and possible damage. If running high efficiency is the go to build to make this rework work then so be it.

Sorry my bad forgot to mention that her damage is also worse than saryn you can go test it, also having to run max efficiency otherwise you are bad that's bad balance. 

7 hours ago, ForsakenCrusader said:

Sorry my bad forgot to mention that her damage is also worse than saryn you can go test it, also having to run max efficiency otherwise you are bad that's bad balance. 

Yeah just did the tests myself, with different builds on both frames. High PS saryn(73 dur, 75 eff, 100 range, 322 str NOTE: Even with low efficiency I did not run out of energy so that did not effect the result) with aggressive 1 and 4 couldn't beat ember(105 dur, 175 Eff, 145 range, 145 str) against 8 lvl155 orokin gunners all grouped at center of simulacrum, ember had at least 10+ seconds on saryn in that regard with ember still building her immolation before the strip of armor on her 3, with her immolation already at full and starting with the armor strip ember beat by about 15 seconds.

Instead of further editing his abilities why not just have "Vauban only" gear wheel specters+equipment?

Like:

• A robotics hacking cipher with a 20m effect radius that converts all applicable robots to your side (PERMANENTLY :O)
  • Corpus robot specters or turrets that have their own deploy limits or cooldown times like the Xiphos turret.
  • Replace vauban's energy based traps and tesla balls with better abilities and add them to "vauban only" gear deployables.

I might as well make a new suggestion thread about this later but all-in-all I think Vauban's abilities should not be restricted to just his energy based abilities. He should have a gear wheel arsenal that he only can access. He is the techno-gadget geek of Warframe after all.

this thread is a good example of why de shouldnt listen to the community when doing balance changes about %80 of the time. 

how exactly is vauban nerfed? his bastille does not need an augment to do its job now. that alone is a massive upgrade to anybody that actually played pre rework vauban. on top of that it also strips armor and gives it to your teammates now and he can also provide damage buffs to himself and his team. he has lost nothing, and gained quite a bit. same with ember.

Edited by Zeclem

He is far better than he was, but that really doesnt say much in the long run.

Poor Booben is still just really a CC frame and now comes with extra deluxe slower animations. Personally the cost increase on Bastille doesnt bother me, I was already using a maxed out efficiency build to spam 3 and 4 previously as needed. Now all that got fused into one skill and with no visible suspension cap on Bast. So out of a CC PoV he did get a massive buff, but his damage is still completely pointless.

Why hould I ever use his #3? It is so slow it feels like watching paint dry in a rainstorm. Before it ever hits, the mobs will be dead several times over. Would have been a great idea to scrap it and give him an exalted MoA or Sentinel that can equip one of your primary guns and benefit from the mods fully, like Wuclone.

Minelayer is still horrible. The mechanics around the toggle are still clunky. A better solution would just be a single mine that combines it all while also removing the launch pad gimmick crap. Make it a mine with a buff distance similar to Garuda #2 or Wisps #1 and then the damage instances when mobs walk straight across those mines. They could even be limited and permanent much like Wisp's #1, even after enemies walk over them. 6 of them total would be all good, that would let him shut down hallways in several locations. Heck they could have even made them sync with his 1 and 4. If 1 is tossed into the mine area the mine gets an electrical discharge when people enter the area, if 4 is tossed in there then bastille and vortex with gain special new benefits, maybe every friendly unit within bastilles area will gain the mine buff and every enemy stuck in a vortex with get extra damage inflicted to them.

His #1 is decent for a #1, nothing spectacular or interesting at the moment.