Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Something needs to be done about players who won't attack their lich

Troll_Logic

This is happening more and more often, and it's happened for the fourth game in a row.

The proper scenario is four players are in a game.  A lich appears.  The player attacks the lich and either wins of loses.  The game goes on.  Usually another lich will attack.  That player attacks the lich and either wins or loses.  And so on.

What is happening is now is four players are in a game.  A lich appears.  The player either doesn't have the Requiem mods, hasn't changed them, or "just doesn't know the order."  So he won't attack.  So that specific lich stays in the game the whole time blocking the other players.

Maybe there should be a 30 second to a minute timer for the player to attack and if he doesn't, the lich kills him or just goes away.  This business when one player joins a lich mission but doesn't want to play is selfish and annoying. 

• Like 4

An opt-out is needed, I don't want my tumor to appear during a mission but there it is..I can either suicide myself at it and make it stronger for when rng eventually decides I'm allowed to kill it or I quit the mission..neither are good options.

It's a forced mechanic that a lot of us don't want to interact with at all..if it's your thing then great, for others it's ruining the game.

• Like 10

There is no prescribed way of dealing with them. In fact, the whole system is advertised as giving players the choice between brute forcing a combo or gathering information. We could argue that insisting that the Lich has to be dealt with is equally selfish. Forcing someone to level up their Lich can put them at a severe disadvantage.

I think the solution is to adjust their mechanics. They should probably leave if they're brought to their knees 2 or 3 times.

Edited by schilds
  • Like 9

1 minute ago, Grofiteer said:

An opt-out is needed, I don't want my tumor to appear during a mission but there it is..I can either suicide myself at it and make it stronger for when rng eventually decides I'm allowed to kill it or I quit the mission..neither are good options.

Or don't join a lich game.  There's the opt-out.

7 minutes ago, Troll_Logic said:

Maybe there should be a 30 second to a minute timer for the player to attack and if he doesn't, the lich kills him or just goes away.  This business when one player joins a lich mission but doesn't want to play is selfish and annoying. 

Absolutely not. They're so slow they can't follow you past a single room, and they're easy to knock. In addition, while they're there, they actively convert random enemies into thrall's. People instantly going for the kill and just blazing through the mission is why people are complaining about the murmur gain rate. You're obviously supposed to get into a pitched battle with them and pick off the murmur mooks they create along the way, since those converted mooks also seem to fill a bit more of the murmur bar than standard ones that just spawn in. Putting them on a timer would only slow that down further.

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, Troll_Logic said:

Or don't join a lich game.  There's the opt-out.

Not one that actually does anything, an opt-out that doesn't opt-out isn't really an opt-out is it.
Regular mission selected and rewards still stolen, Lich still spawns.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Troll_Logic said:

Doesn't more players in a game allow for more requiem murmurs?  

If you get more than four murmurs in a 90 second mission then sure, otherwise no.  I've soloed all my missions.

13 minutes ago, Troll_Logic said:

And isn't WF supposed to be a group game?

It's a co-op game yes, but when people aren't co-operating then eliminate the variable.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Troll_Logic said:

And isn't WF supposed to be a group game?

If you have a dedicated group of friends that play well together & have frame/loadout compositions that are synergistic its a great co-op game.

If not, well, solo is superior in almost every way.  At least from my experience with pug's anyway

• Like 6

47 minutes ago, Jiminez_Burial said:

If you get more than four murmurs in a 90 second mission then sure, otherwise no.  I've soloed all my missions.

It's a co-op game yes, but when people aren't co-operating then eliminate the variable.

I can understand that, but shouldn't DE be adding things that encourage cooperation rather than soloing? 

• Like 2

On 2019-11-03 at 4:19 AM, schilds said:

I think the solution is to adjust their mechanics. They should probably leave if they're brought to their knees 2 or 3 times.

This. This needs to happen. I am not gonna waste my time attacking a lich unless I have two of the three requiems. I got into a standoff with three other players in a rescue mission because my lich spawned first and they wanted to brute force theirs. They refused to help me unlock a dual lock door until I forced my lich out by attacking it.

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, Grofiteer said:

Not one that actually does anything, an opt-out that doesn't opt-out isn't really an opt-out is it.
Regular mission selected and rewards still stolen, Lich still spawns.

So if you join just a regular Earth mission that isn't controlled by the lich he appears?