Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Something needs to be done about players who won't attack their lich

Troll_Logic

This mindset amuses me. I hope DE adds enemies that can't be directly killed under any circumstance. It changes up the pace of the game and forces players to approach situations with a different mindset. You don't have to kill everything on the map to complete the mission.

imo you losing and causing the litch to lv up is part of the cycle (imo i do enjoy facing a stronger litch) problem is some people dont see it as worth the trouble i say DE should add an incentive to the litch lving up like more bonus dmg on the random stat roll   

Edited by Ifeanoiba
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ifeanoiba said:

imo you losing and causing the litch to lv up is part of the cycle (imo i do enjoy facing a stronger litch) problem is some people dont see it as worth the trouble i say DE should add an incentive to the litch lving up like more bonus dmg on the random stat roll   

Or they could just heavily reduce the grind needed to get the requiem mods.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mints said:

This mindset amuses me. I hope DE adds enemies that can't be directly killed under any circumstance. It changes up the pace of the game and forces players to approach situations with a different mindset. You don't have to kill everything on the map to complete the mission.

I couldn't agree with you more.  I've long thought there should be a Super Stalker than can't be killed.  However, we're not talking about that.  We're talking about a player actively avoiding an enemy that directly affects the other players in the game.

22 minutes ago, Troll_Logic said:

I couldn't agree with you more.  I've long thought there should be a Super Stalker than can't be killed.  However, we're not talking about that.  We're talking about a player actively avoiding an enemy that directly affects the other players in the game.

Aren't we talking about it? How would a Super Stalker be handled if not the way Kuva Liches are now? I see it as functionally identical to Mr. X from Resident Evil 2: You can juke it, deal it some damage to run past it, or simply ignore it. In my opinion, if players run away from a Kuva Lich it should eventually despawn like it does when it's assisting us and take its Thralls with it. If you want to farm murmurs everyone should have to tank somebody's Lich. Then once you've farmed the max number of Thralls the Liches flee because they have no direct reason to be there anymore. That's what the mission exists for. That's what everybody signed up for when they joined.

Edited by Mints

2 hours ago, Troll_Logic said:

But again, be original and use that old trope to throw out a parting shot when you get out of your silly argument. 

So what you're saying is you want a go? So what you're saying is you want me to explain why having to spend extra lives -- no matter how inconsequential they are -- is a symptom of bad game design that is worthy of the devs spending time and energy fixing the game design?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, --DSP--Jetstream said:

Thats why they also sell requiem mods bundle on the market 🙂

Correction, they only sell the Requiem relics.  You're still left with grind RNG to get the mods.  It probably would be better if you could just buy the mods directly.  

3 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Correction, they only sell the Requiem relics.  You're still left with grind RNG to get the mods.  It probably would be better if you could just buy the mods directly.  

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTvc85lu9YXykbZE2XrbgG

Yeah there is,  although only in bundle, and bundled with armors and pallete, so it costs 835pt.

1 minute ago, Test-995 said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTvc85lu9YXykbZE2XrbgG

Yeah there is,  although only in bundle, and bundled with armors and pallete, so it costs 835pt.

Of course, you can always buy the Radiant Requiem relic pack (85p, included in the 835p bundle), if you don't mind running a bit of Requiem fissures.

2 hours ago, Troll_Logic said:

And just like many others, they reply with "Oh, look at your name." as if that has anything to do with it.

To be fair, I also thought you were a troll initially. Your argument is "people refuse to commit get taller, they shouldn't be allowed to do that". If getting the requiem wrong wasn't an instant-ded, I'd be all about murderating my lich as much as possible. Thing is, I'd rather not fight a huge deadly sponge every mission after I fail a 1 in 8 chance once too often. Also, as other people have said, the Lich spawns more thralls while it's alive, useful for farming murmurs.

Really, the issue isn't other players in this, it's that the punishment for failing a random d8 roll is too high.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StarMoral said:

...I mean you're not wrong. (And that's likely how these nutsos have 7 liches dead already before I even het my first Requiem Murmur finished)

I've killed 8 liches, working on #9.  I did not buy that pack.  Just because you are inefficient doesn't mean others bought their way to victory.

2 minutes ago, hviewerh said:

We can simply ignore the Liches and proceed to complete the missions BUT it's definitely not fine when they appear in Rescue/Interception/Defense/Excavation mission. 

All fine, never really had an issue maybe beside excav and interception,

Realistically speaking, you can build around fighting a level 100 Lich on solo but you can't build to spawn more enemies in a solo game. Until DE does something about it, the mechanics actually swing in favor of running Lich fights on solo and getting murmurs in a group. If people could have squad rate spawns on solo, then it'd be 50:50 but for now, making 1/4(Usually Excavation) ~ 1/8(Capture, Exterminate, Sabotage) progress per mission is really bad and is definitely pushing people away from solo.

Edited by RX-3DR

2 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

So what you're saying is you want a go? So what you're saying is you want me to explain why having to spend extra lives -- no matter how inconsequential they are -- is a symptom of bad game design that is worthy of the devs spending time and energy fixing the game design?

No.  What I'm saying I disagree with you about a revive being a big deal.  If you want to explain your reasoning, feel free.  I'll read it and respond.