Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

bullet jumping is bad, should be regulated

Erwes

Citation

It's the equivalent to me saying that you should use a Strun for all your missions because it's my favorite weapon.

No because there is other good weapon. In the case the case of bullet jumping it seems that it's the ultimate option

Citation

Only because the OP just edited it out.

Yeah sorry about that, some people didn't understand my point. I try to make it more clear. I do not want to impose my opinion, it is a proposal to help constructive criticism.

Citation

If you don't like bullet jumping that much then just use a speed frame and run.

it's not just about pure speed, it's not a racing game, the issue is alsot that others gameplays aspects are reduced in the process

Edited by Erwes

50 minutes ago, Erwes said:

It's overused, it's an issue. The mechanic is too powerfull. It is not normal that it's the fastest way to travel on a flat land rather than running.

because of some extreme defenders I can not see DE take it off, it's part of the identity of Warframe.

The game would benefit from quite a simple thing : REGULATION. "Excesses and debauchery demoralize infinitely more than privations" say Émile de Girardin.

Because I like constructive criticism here an example from myself that I'm sure will inspire you others : just add a countdown, few seconds, more you spam less it's effective, you will have to wait for his full charge to become again high and mighty (oh and it's just an idea)

Remember when SSBu change the dodging to make it less and less effective when you spam it, that was an issue and a complain on the SSB wiiu version.

That's one of the reason that I slowly began playing play less and less to finally just come back for big updates. For me it is obvious that it participates in the problems difficulty of the game. It breaks the level design, the ia reaction wich can't keep up and also some warframe abilities that are less effective (invisbility was a thing, now I don't remember feeling sufficiently in danger to have to think of his using or find it cool anymore).

Were are space ninja, not space grasshopper...

Some people shouldn't be allowed to have an opinion

• Like 5

Bullet jumping... fast? (LOL!) Nah, I've recently discovered dagger sliding (might work with other weapons too, still testing).So far, it's putting bullet jumping to shame in terms of speed.

I like Warframe's nuanced movement system a lot, even though the majority only bullet jumps and doesn't explore other movement options. 

• Like 1

It was put in to replace to coptering once you got good at that this was also an extremely good way to fast travel when the changes happened it has to be better than coptering or people would have been mad and for the most part it was.  Coptering for pure speed if you optimize for it could be a bit faster but new system is almost as fast and you have alot more control.

Citation

If you want to put regulation on bullet jump spamming, best I can offer is reduced horizontal momentum if you spam it. Vertical momentum is untouched

take it or leave it

yeah it works, likewise you will have to understand more the map to optimize your run. But it will still be an easy way to escape fights.

32 minutes ago, Erwes said:

No because there is other good weapon. In the case the case of bullet jumping it seems that it's the ultimate option

You just confounded your own argument.

It doesn't matter if there are other good weapons—It's the weapon I am requiring you use to suit my preferences.

...I don't care if you like other weapons because I like the Strun and require you use it instead.

Do you see how ridiculous that sounds?

Move at the speed and in the manner you want without requiring others do the same thing to suit your preferences.

30 minutes ago, Erwes said:

Yeah sorry about that, some people didn't understand my point. I try to make it more clear. I do not want to impose my opinion, it is a proposal to help constructive criticism.

Your point is to slow traversal of missions for others.

Your proposed method was a recharge (which amounts to a stamina bar).

Here's another proposed solution: Stop hopping through missions.

Solved

Proposing anything for others to suit your personal preferences is ridiculous when you could resolve it with an ounce of self control instead.

I don't, personally, hop through missions because it looks goofy and I am not in a rush to begin with. But I don't care what others do because I am not them.

19 minutes ago, 844448 said:

If you want to put regulation on bullet jump spamming, best I can offer is reduced horizontal momentum if you spam it. Vertical momentum is untouched

take it or leave it

As someone who preferred the old parkour system, I understand that it won't be coming back in and I would agree with the compromise.

• Like 1

It's only bad because the game legitimately has no counterplay to it. Tack on how over time the base identity of the game is formed around the mechanic and you get threads like this. You would think combat would revolve around it at this point how many years in with dodging AOE zones or what have you but alas its not, the most you get is hoping on a zipline and jumping over electricity when you can just fly over the entire thing all together. 

No, running into door that mag procs you is not a hard counter to movement. Most I can legit think of is the Scorpion and the few tiles that have ice blocks in the void.  Even for traversal the lack of tiles requiring it is criminal. We could be platforming through huge monolithic rooms to infiltrate a base or something but instead we pop out of a vent. 

Edited by N7Khan

Citation

Here's another proposed solution: Stop hopping through missions

I also used it obviously but I took a step back, I try other games, and when returning I realized that the monotony of the gameplay came from the bullet jump (but not only that of course) which flattened everything.

I see that it is overused and prevents others way of playing by making them obsolete.

I just don't see the fun to finish missions the fastest way possible. But the game encourage that. So I can't blame people doing it.

Citation

The idea that someone would want to remove the main mechanic that makes Warframe so interesting and relatively unique instead of just going to play counter strike really rustles my jimmies.

CSGO is a competitive pvp game, not much in common with Warframe. Also I don't want to remove it, if you had read correctly. The point is to find a way where bullet jumping isn't the best solution in most situations. 

I mean have you seen DE during tennocon where they play the update ? They really try to not bullet jumping, nobody play like that, it's more fake than the Anthem presentation.

7 minutes ago, Erwes said:

CSGO is a competitive pvp game, not much in common with Warframe. Also I don't want to remove it, if you had read correctly. The point is to find a way where bullet jumping isn't the best solution in most situations. 

I mean have you seen DE during tennocon where they play the update ? They really try to not bullet jumping, nobody play like that, it's more fake than the Anthem presentation.

So? Limiting it might as well be removing it. The point is that it's our locomotion and limiting it so that it's a "solution" instead of the default movement mode is essentially gutting it completely.

Also, you're way way over reacting to how powerful it is. How about you go and try to complete 1 hour of Mot with bullet jump only, plz.

I've got mixed feelings about it. Yea, it helps getting past the boring bits, but like the OP said it's way overused. For me it pushes the game to a speed level that half the time I can't even tell what the heck is going on. Which I guess is one of the reasons I play mostly solo or with friends who are more interested in the experience than slamming missions into the "completed" folder as fast as possible. 

I have actually been thinking about this lately as well.

The main problem with Warframe's movement system is that all the different traversal options are not properly balanced against each other. Specifically, bullet jumping is more effective in more situations than any other option. This is why most people tend to bullet jump everywhere, instead of ever bothering to sprint, aimglide, or wallrun. But, its also the least interesting movement option, because it lets you ignore the terrain, instead of interacting with it. It makes it so that good level design doesn't matter. Why bother following a fun and intricate wall running path through a room, when you could just bullet jump across instead?

Bullet jumping does have its place, though. I just think it is a bit too good right now. I think a hard cooldown that would completely stop you from using it whenever would just end up being frustrating. But, maybe if they added some sort of "diminishing returns" system, like Erwes mentioned with the dodging in Smash Brothers. Every consecutive bullet jump would go a shorter and shorter distance, until you stopped for a bit to let it recharge. That way, you couldn't use it to simply fly through the entire level. But you could still use it for big gaps, or quick escapes.