Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Old Blood: Hotfix 26.0.7

[DE]Megan

First of all tanks for the update DE.

Secondly, as mainly melee player, and while using swift weapons this update breaks my game. Now it is impossible for me to build up combo counter and sustain it because heavy attack triggers all the time, not to mention that it is disruptive for my game play.

Please either revert changes where holding melee attack does heavy attack, or make it an option to turn it off.

I never had this problem before the melee phase 2 changes and I am quite accustomed to having dedicated key for heavy attacks.

I hope you'll understand that this makes game barely playable for me and quite not enjoyable at all.

30 minutes ago, tussletoes said:

This. I don't know if these patch notes are the right place to make suggestions like this, but I can at least +1 to the thought that liches would be a thousand times more engaging and satisfying to fight without the need to get suplexed to death in order to make progress. The lines the liches say/the whole concept of a lich doesn't really add up to what we ended up getting. I always thought the loop would be defeating them > them ranking them up so they come back stronger, etc. until you get the right requiem combination. I do wish those suplex animations were used some other way, they're too good to get rid of.

Also, I haven't figured out the math on it, yet, but this patch read like a huge buff for my Kuva Ogris but now it's doing slightly less damage? What is going on?

I hope the Ogris is better one of these days. My boy's been through a lot. Glad to see combo animations are being tinkered with, because both Gaia's Tragedy and Seismic Palm got butchered. Gaia's best combo (holding E) is completely gone, and Seismic Palm doesn't really have reliable palm AoE attacks anymore, which makes no sense.

About the Ogris, ahem:

The stats were separated into “radial attack” and “impact” I believe. With that said while the explosion used to be the pure elemental damage and the impact used to be the IPS, it’s been separated out in the UI- which made them think it was the perfect opportunity to add IPS to the explosions from what I heard. So that might be the confusion. Someone complained about the Tonkor having a damage nerf earlier on in the thread but that got shut up fast

3 minutes ago, Wolfdoggie said:

Do I not get Ephemera if I convert my Lich now? Current Lich has a bad dupe weapon but an Ephemera I want. ;s

[DE] Bear mentioned before that you still get an ephemera on conversion. So both players will get it - you, the initial owner, converting the said lich, and the receiver of your lich, no matter what he does to it after.

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Mod Changes:
The Critical Chance game has largely allowed Blood Rush to shine for active melee players, and with the ‘Steel’ series of Mods applying at the Base Critical Chance level, it’s led to players feeling they are obsolete. We are significantly buffing these Mods to give players a different option for Critical Chance builds. We want to give a more upfront Critical Chance and hard-hitting Heavy Attacks to builds that don’t rely on maintaining a high combo multiplier.

• True Steel increased from 60% to 120% Critical Chance (x2 for Heavy Attack) at Max Rank. 
  • Sacrificial Steel increased from 88% to 220% Crit Chance (x2 for Heavy Attack) at Max Rank. 

Will the above buff be applied also for critical chance rivens? i know that a 1.0 disposition riven was very similar to a regular true steel mod.

Here below an example of an orvius mod with the old buff on this patch (26.0.7)

unknown.png

Still would like to see a fix for Exodia Contagion misfiring.  I'm getting tired of it firing into places that I wasn't even aiming at when I use the ability, or not firing off at all.

And possibly a reexamination of how much self damage it does considering the massive buff to the base stats of melee weapons.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb [DE]Megan:

Mod Changes:
The Critical Chance game has largely allowed Blood Rush to shine for active melee players, and with the ‘Steel’ series of Mods applying at the Base Critical Chance level, it’s led to players feeling they are obsolete. We are significantly buffing these Mods to give players a different option for Critical Chance builds. We want to give a more upfront Critical Chance and hard-hitting Heavy Attacks to builds that don’t rely on maintaining a high combo multiplier.

• True Steel increased from 60% to 120% Critical Chance (x2 for Heavy Attack) at Max Rank. 
  • Sacrificial Steel increased from 88% to 220% Crit Chance (x2 for Heavy Attack) at Max Rank. 

What about amalgam ripkas true steel?

2 hours ago, Doggo said:

ty

Why bring back melee hold for charge attack? Coz sometimes it is executed automatically without holding E, is there any way to disable the E hold charge attack? Coz it is so annoying that i can lose my combo counter for no reason without holding E and i prefer to be executed in separated button just like before this hotfix

The change to heavy attack on hold key is really bad. At least give us a toggle option to disable. You gave us a keybind for it why go backwards now. It's unresponsive and sometimes heavy attack triggers without even holding the key for some reason. Maybe attack speed related, ping related or stance whatever but please fix this.

DE, 2 new bugs: one is a performance (idk where this is co.ing from but on earth im gettin a bad performance similar to lag.

Second one is when you open starmap it doesnt zoom as it was supposed to, how weird.

Hope ypu guys get this fixed soon^tm

2 minutes ago, Jodyxe said:

[DE] Bear mentioned before than you still get an ephemera on conversion. So both players will get it - you, the initial owner, converting the said lich, and the receiver of your lich, no matter what he does to it after.

Oh cool, thanks. 🙂

Why bring back melee hold for charge attack? Coz sometimes it is executed automatically without holding E, is there any way to disable the E hold charge attack? Coz it is so annoying that i can lose my combo counter for no reason without holding E and i prefer to be executed in separated button just like before this hotfix

Please change the scale of critical chances for rivens as well.

Please give Decisive Judgement a free-movement forward combo. It was the only Nikana stance that had one before Phase 2, and was one of the reasons it's my favorite. But now it's forward combo is just worthless. It locks you in place even more than the neutral combo, and does less damage. There's literally no reason to use it.

23 minutes ago, RWBY-WhiteRose said:

1. *puncture not impact

2. Agreed, except that DE has a liking for ruining pure elemental weapons in their spare time 

And since it used to split stats it’s a lot clearer than it was already

*Slash

Read.

2 hours ago, VengefulAncient said:

Thanks for the patch, but... who, oh, who thought of this new dojo room's atrocious shape?? Why couldn't it have been a standard square like almost everything else except halls and connectors? Literally just finished a full rebuild of our dojo and everything fits so nicely, with provision for a few more square-shaped rooms like small gardens, but this just doesn't fit. I don't expect it to be changed, but please, next time, just have a look at the existing rooms first and consider what would make more sense.

If it makes you feel any better, it's not even worth building unless if you want to decorate in it. Tossed and rushed resources and it's just a glorified trade terminal room with an ugly looking trading terminal. And if you look around the place it looks a LOT different then a Kuva Lich trading room, almost like a Tenno research room with the microscopes on some tables and holoscreens with static images of the kuva fortress in it. I don't know what they intended this room to be and the base looks fine, but it's been remade into a glorified trading room you don't need. Also I don't even know what THIS is on the outside of it, you can't see this unless you glitch out of the room what even is this.

unknown.png

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Converted Lich Trading is here: If you have a Converted Kuva Lich, you may trade them with another player who may be looking for a specific Kuva Lich Weapon or Ephemera. This system includes the use of a brand new Dojo Room inspired by the early ‘War Room’ design from the King Pin System! Liches can only be traded once - you cannot re-trade a Converted Lich past one person! 

Alright, correct me if I'm wrong here, but now...not only do we intentionally choose to unleash an oppressive and powerful Warlord upon the solar system just for a shiny new weapon...but after we've converted them, and they've taken on a more cordial demeanor towards us, we can then trade them to someone else so that they can murder them for their weapon? ...I originally thought that this whole "Tenno are war criminals" meme was a joke, but are we actually supposed to be the bad guys?

If not, there are a lot of things that need to be tweaked in this system to give the illusion that we're not spoiled brats who are willing to unleash hell upon the entire solar system for a new toy...and then flippantly murder any we've converted over to our side if our buddy Tenno hasn't acquired the weapon our Lich just happens to have. Is this all supposed to be a metaphor geared towards calling out the players themselves?

Oof...you guys...

The Crimson Branch: This room serves the purpose of trading Converted Kuva Liches, and will scale up to future entries in the system with other factions! 

Well, at least I'm interested in this...just for aesthetic reasons. ..........................................this really is supposed to be all a metaphor to call out the players, isn't it?

Back-to-back Duplicates - Your Kuva Lich will no longer have the same weapon twice in a row. While you may get a duplicated weapon down the road, your Kuva Lich will have a guaranteed different weapon than its immediate predecessor.

Awesome change.

RECYCLE YOUR REQUIEM - 4 Defiled Requiem Mods can now be Transmuted into a random, fully charged, Requiem Mod. This gives them some additional use, as well as helping you clean up your Inventory.

Also an awesome change.

Void Fissure Missions will now appear on all Kuva Fortress nodes! Previously, only Rescue/Survival missions on the Kuva Fortress were eligible due to other missions having an Archwing restriction; now the whole Fortress is eligible! 

I'm not sure if this is good or bad, haha.

A bug now turned feature; Ephemera’s obtained from a Kuva Lich can now be equipped on Sentinels and Companions! For FX sake, this will be a slightly subdued version of the selected Ephemera. Non-Lich Ephemera functionally is in the works! 

Awesome. I want that Trickster Ephemera!

Added new Parazon finishers for you to stabby stab the baddies with! 

Neat.

Added a Kuva Lich icon beside Star Chart regions/nodes that are under the influence of your Kuva Lich to address color blind concerns regarding the ‘Kuva Stain’.

Neat.

Increased the base damage (before elemental bonus) of the Kuva Ogris from 454 to 714.

I may have orgasmed.

Grineer Prosecutors will no longer spawn as Thralls, as they were essentially invincible to everything except area-of-effect abilities.

Never noticed.

Ghoul Expired will no longer spawn as a Thrall due to their suicide death mechanic.

Never noticed...perhaps because they suicided, hah.

Fixed Kuva Lich weapons that do damage on both impact and explosion (Kuva Ogris, Kuva Ayanga, etc) doing significantly less overall damage than expected. This was due to the Elemental bonus only being applied to the "on impact" of the projectile itself and not the explosion.

Yasss, Queen. Yassss.

Converted Kuva Lich allies will no longer spawn in Archwing missions, as they ignore the complete lack of oxygen and requirements needed to fly. As reported here:

Just give them little itty bitty jet-packs.

That's hilarious though, wish I would have seen it.

• UI: Split ‘HEAVY ATTACK’ Stats into their own category to better organize the various stats associated with all Melee Weapons. 
  • ‘Hold Melee’ will now perform heavy attack like it did before Phase 2.
  • Removed Combo Hit Multiplier with Glaive's hit damage. Only explosive damage will use the Combo Multiplier. 
  • Madurai Rising Blast can now be held vs tapped for either a charged or uncharged shot.

All interesting.

Mod Changes:

Neat.

Stance & Weapon Changes: 

• Crimson Dervish:
    • Fixed Crimson Dervish not having it’s sliding heavy attack hooked up.
    • Increased the damage and combo-point value of Crimson Dervish's Neutral (Twisting Flurry) and Forward+Block (Coiling Impale) combos
  • Gun Blade:
    • Added a free movement shooting attack to the first move in the Forward Combo for High Noon (Vagabond Blitz) and Bullet Dance (Magnum Mamba).
    • The Heavy Attack shot is no longer free movement (the wind up remains free movement). 
  • High Noon
    • Neutral Combo (Desperado Zeal) is now Tactical Forward Combo (Final Showdown), and vice versa.
    • Switched the order of the two Tactical Forward attacks and increased the forward distance of the first attack
  • Bullet Dance
    • Moved the first attack of the Neutral Combo (Samba Slash) to the end of the combo chain. 
    • Bullet Dance - Neutral Combo (Samba Slash)  is now Neutral Block (Automatic Rhumba) and vice versa.
  • Rapier: Vulpine Mask
    • Swapped the order of the first two attacks in the Neutral Combo (Assailant Guise). 
  • Nunchaku Stance: Atlantis Vulcan
    • Decreased the forward movement of the first attack in the Tactical Forward Combo (Blazing Vortex) and increased it in the second.
  • Wize Razor 
    • Second attack in Forward Combo (Cut Thrice)  is now free movement
    • The last attack in the Neutral Combo (Threshing Grain) is now the first attack, damage multipliers and combo points adjusted accordingly
    • The last attack in the Tactical Forward Combo (Calling Thunder) is now the first attack with increased gap closing movement, damage multipliers and combo points adjusted accordingly.
  • Dark Split Sword Heavy Blade
    • increased Critical Chance from 10% to 15%
    • increased Puncture Damage from 68 to 78
  • Zenistar
    • Combo Multiplier applied to disc recall explosion.

Interesting.

Let's see how much this Redeemer riven goes for now...

2 hours ago, Voltage said:

Thank you for the ability to trade Lich contracts.

Maiming Strike should be buffed with these other Crit mods. You are probably going "why does this guy want to buff that mod". Well, the entire rework is for diversity, and sliding is a playstyle. The mod can still be nerfed but not completely worthless in a build. Maiming Strike is now strictly worse than Sacrificial Steel and it is situational. Likewise, the changes to Critical Chance do not even address the issue here. The issue is that Blood Rush does not interact with modded Critical Chance....

Also, it would be nice if Tonfa weapon stats were looked at. They are a sliding class and continue to stay lackluster as the slide attack nerf washed that entire class off the grid. Tonfa weapons should have close to (if not) the highest slide attack damage out of all melee weapons.

Additionally, please update Riven Mods with Critical Chance on Slide Attack and Critical Chance stats. Riven Mod values are supposed to be based on the existing mods with a multiplier from disposition.

Tonfas are strong is you actually use the combos. The only ones losing out are the spin2win kiddies so literally nothing of value is lost.

Archived