Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Old Blood: Hotfix 26.0.7

[DE]Megan

6 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

A bug now turned feature; Ephemera’s obtained from a Kuva Lich can now be equipped on Sentinels and Companions! For FX sake, this will be a slightly subdued version of the selected Ephemera. Non-Lich Ephemera functionally is in the works! 

Vengeful Trickster Ephemera now has no visual effect on my kavat. 😭

"Increased the base damage (before elemental bonus) of the Kuva Ogris from 454 to 714."

Looking at my kuva ogris in the weapon select screen:

Primary:

Impact 4.2
Puncture 1.8

Radial:

Puncture 39.8
Slash 68.9
Blast 63.3

Total (combining both sets of numbers): 178

Numbers in the upgrade screen

Primary:

Impact 6.1
Puncture 1.9

Radial:

Impact 51.1
Puncture 39.8
Slash 68.9
Blast 63.3

Total (combining both sets of numbers): 231.1

Not only are these numbers much lower than the numbers listed in the patch notes but they're much less than what they should have been before the update. 

So I am assuming that this patch didn't affect weapons already in our inventory or there is a bug...

Looking at the original ogris and my kuva variant shows the kuva variant having less damage and no blast damage on the primary attack (of which there is 25 blast for the original and a total of 8 impact and puncture on my kuva variant).

Thanks for all the fixes! I'm looking forward to the Kuva Ogris fix since I have a 60% toxin iteration, as well as the launcher updates.

Still no mention of Garuda's talons only targeting line of sight enemies. This has been an issue since the previous hotfix.

First off, Love the Gunblade changes(though Id like the free movement during heavy attack back, but thats minor), especially since Bloodrush finally works on them now.

Secondly, the combo counter on the Redeemer Prime is only going up by 1 every time you attack. Making the combo go up SUPER slow. 

This seems to be a bug since the Sarpas combo counter goes up much much faster.

so basicly with all the new melee stuff going on, it seems like it makes nearly to no sense at all to use status effects on them (remember the CO nerf) since now you get literally TONES of crits chances. Im srs, basicly, the umbra mod is pretty much king now. +220% critchance is for a lot weapon nearly or over 100%. what were you thinking?

6 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

‘Hold Melee’ will now perform heavy attack like it did before Phase 2.

this is a pìece of S#&$ i loss my combo counter accidentaly by tapping E super fast, 1 button for charged attack its ok or at least let us choos if we want to hold or dont 😕

4 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Mod Changes:
The Critical Chance game has largely allowed Blood Rush to shine for active melee players, and with the ‘Steel’ series of Mods applying at the Base Critical Chance level, it’s led to players feeling they are obsolete. We are significantly buffing these Mods to give players a different option for Critical Chance builds. We want to give a more upfront Critical Chance and hard-hitting Heavy Attacks to builds that don’t rely on maintaining a high combo multiplier.

• True Steel increased from 60% to 120% Critical Chance (x2 for Heavy Attack) at Max Rank. 
  • Sacrificial Steel increased from 88% to 220% Crit Chance (x2 for Heavy Attack) at Max Rank. 

I'm sure it's been mentioned, but if you're going this route to address the discrepancy between Blood Rush bonuses and these two crit melee mod bonuses, I hope you also looking at crit from melee rivens, abilities, arcanes, etcetera, as well as the other melee crit mods.  Maybe not all of these need as much adjustment*, but I think they should all be  reviewed if you're not already doing so. 

* Although if you don't do something comparable for Amalgam Ripkas True Steel I'm gonna be a very sad tiltskillet.*

** Full disclosure, I'm a filthy Harrow-playing owner of multiple crit Ripkas rivens.  😏

Is there any chance we could get an increased combo count per hit enemy on Skills like Whipclaw?

Currently it still only goes up by 1 per enemy, and with the new combo counter, it makes for building the combo counter really SLOW. Before, we could get to a x2 damage multiplier after 15 hits. Which was easy enough. But now, we need 80 hits in order to get that same buff.

In the same way, it was 45 hits for x2.5, and now its 120 for the same damage multiplier.

It's much harder to build using abilites, and so it's become almost dependant on using your melee to Actually build the multiplier.

So could we get like... anywhere between 2-5 combo per enemy hit? I think 2-3 per hit would be a decent change. (Especially since we are spending precious energy on an ability that uses the combo to have reliable damage)

Assuming 3 combo per hit enemy, it would need 27 and 40 hits in order to get back up to their respective x2 and x2.5 damage multipliers. Which to me sounds decent enough and like a fairly good compromise between the two systems. Though 2 per hit is also a change Id be okay with. 

Just please... consider it.

6 hours ago, Autumnatopoeia said:

Ok but how about something to do with duplicate kuva weapons?

this please, also I thought the trading was for Active Lich, I accidentily converted a lich instead of Vanquishing it and now how do i get its weapon?

If I trade for another Convert .. how do i get its weapon if only Vanquishing Lichs gives the weapons?

7 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

‘Hold Melee’ will now perform heavy attack like it did before Phase 2.

Can you revert this or add a toggle? Patching in the ability to accidentally dump a 12x combo is a huge troll. I have a separate key binding for Heavy Attack for a reason.

6 hours ago, Delemy said:

Having created my 8th Lich last night and for the second time having spawned a duplicate weapon with an inferior damage bonus to one I already have, I really feel there needs to be a secondary "Valence Transfer" option which simply consumes a duplicate weapon to add 5-10% to the chosen weapon's bonus. My current Lich represents absolutely nothing for me except a 3-4 hour roadblock, and the reward for tackling it is the removal of the roadblock and nothing else. In fact, I am poorer for having created the Lich in the first place, considering any mission I might complete in their territory will have its rewards stolen.

This this and so much this. I am just not going to play this Lich game anymore till they do something about the disheartening grind of ridding yourself of this carbunkle with a useless weapon only so you can have a chance to strap on the same problem with the very next Lich you create. All of which produces no reward.  Fill your boots if you like it guys but it feels disrespectful of my time.

Archived