Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Old Blood: Hotfix 26.0.7

[DE]Megan

vor 39 Minuten schrieb [DE]Megan:

Mod Changes:
The Critical Chance game has largely allowed Blood Rush to shine for active melee players, and with the ‘Steel’ series of Mods applying at the Base Critical Chance level, it’s led to players feeling they are obsolete. We are significantly buffing these Mods to give players a different option for Critical Chance builds. We want to give a more upfront Critical Chance and hard-hitting Heavy Attacks to builds that don’t rely on maintaining a high combo multiplier.

• True Steel increased from 60% to 120% Critical Chance (x2 for Heavy Attack) at Max Rank. 
  • Sacrificial Steel increased from 88% to 220% Crit Chance (x2 for Heavy Attack) at Max Rank. 

so can we expect riven crit chances to follow ? crit chance on a riven actually had the point of making crits more reliable especially on lower base cc weapons since true steel was a sad 60% and even sac steel only 88% compared to a lot of 100%+ riven crit chance values. ignoring the blood rush issue right here for now.

now with these changes u pretty much worsened every riven with crit chance...which means if u want to prevent devaluing these u should really increase riven crit chances according to the increase true steel and sac steel have seen.

43 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Mod Changes:
The Critical Chance game has largely allowed Blood Rush to shine for active melee players, and with the ‘Steel’ series of Mods applying at the Base Critical Chance level, it’s led to players feeling they are obsolete. We are significantly buffing these Mods to give players a different option for Critical Chance builds. We want to give a more upfront Critical Chance and hard-hitting Heavy Attacks to builds that don’t rely on maintaining a high combo multiplier.

• True Steel increased from 60% to 120% Critical Chance (x2 for Heavy Attack) at Max Rank. 
  • Sacrificial Steel increased from 88% to 220% Crit Chance (x2 for Heavy Attack) at Max Rank. 

This doesnt fix rivens with critical chance that is still obsolete

31 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Increased the base damage (before elemental bonus) of the Kuva Ogris from 454 to 714.
  • Fixed Kuva Lich weapons that do damage on both impact and explosion (Kuva Ogris, Kuva Ayanga, etc) doing significantly less overall damage than expected. This was due to the Elemental bonus only being applied to the "on impact" of the projectile itself and not the explosion.

Launcher Area-Of-Effect Change:
Area-of-effect Damage is now a separate stat with its own header in the Arsenal (plus everyone else that stats are shown), and AOE damage radius is now also displayed. Previously, AOE damage values were merged with regular on hit damage values.

Oh, yes!

43 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Thank you for the ability to trade Lich contracts.

Maiming Strike should be buffed with these other Crit mods. You are probably going "why does this guy want to buff that mod". Well, the entire rework is for diversity, and sliding is a playstyle. The mod can still be nerfed but not completely worthless in a build. Maiming Strike is now strictly worse than Sacrificial Steel and it is situational.

Also, it would be nice if Tonfa weapon stats were looked at. They are a sliding class and continue to stay lackluster as the slide attack nerf washed that entire class off the grid. Tonfa weapons should have close to (if not) the highest slide attack damage out of all melee weapons.

Maiming Strike is now worse than any crit mod. Use Blood Rush, even without Naramon it's easy to maintain a 5x multiplier now, and thats better than any crit mod. Pretty much my spin playstyle changed to, use Condition Overload builds, and throw on Blood Rush. I can still 2-3 shot level 150+ enemies, but i can't spin around now. Mission accomplished for them i guess?

Is it normal/intended for players to be handed a 2 weeks trade ban for doing 4h30 of kuva survival (fissure)? I dont really understand the concept of punishing players for doing endurance runs when they are not much rewarding in the first place. Note that this has been a thing for years and is yet to be fixed, but before you were "only" trade banned after doing runs longer than 7h (at least most of the time). It would be awesome if one of your hundreds of employees could take a look at the auto trade ban system and fix itUpKGtbU.png

15 minutes ago, IamLoco said:

The elemental damage went down and down.

A Kuva Tonkor SHOULD have 674 blast damage.

Before the "fix" it was already bugged and had around 440 dmg.

Now they made it even worse and it has 228 blast damage. That´s 400 less than a regular tonkor.

Cross checking with two other guys’ radial attack stat. They didn’t decrease the damage, they turned part of it into slash and impact.

Which is worse but ok

5 minutes ago, HolySeraphin said:

After 2 years I have NEVER used the heavy attack by accident, never, even when I'm mashing the button.

I never did before either, but now, it keeps triggering anyways. Either way, the other things that impact how melee is played is an optional setting, this should be one too. LMB for melee or LMB only for guns is something you get to decide on, whether you have melee mode or not is now something you decide on. Heavy attacks being tied to the same key/LMB for heavy attacks is also something we should get to decide on.

I'm using Nikana Prime and simply max stack of berserker causes occasional heavy attacks, and if I have Valk buff or high power Wisp buffs, volt, etc it triggers a heavy attack way too often for my liking.

49 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Mod Changes:

You forgot to add True Punishment to the list (still 40% with a negative 10% combo chance) and Amalgam Ripkas True Steel (still 75%, no 2x heavy bonus).

Edit: I also guess that Maiming Strike should be looked at again. I know you don't like the spin to win style, but now the mod is just vastly inferior to everything.

Just now, MunsuLight said:

Zenistar feedback got ignored again . Buff the base duration to what it was before . No one swing the zenistar.  They use it for his area denial capability 

Back to back duplicates ? This change nothing of the issue for people that want trade for lich . Someone in the dev workshop even did the calculation that it will only remove 2 of 3xpected number of lich to acquire all weapons (from 41 to 39)

Still nothing for kuva lich Hunt in group so the toxicity will only grow up more and more 

Riven with critical strike chance on them are now becoming obsolete.

NO ember vauban grendel changes ? There was a lot of ideas in the thread but you probably skimmed through it . Ember is still energy reliant as hell without énergize. Remove LoS requirement for her 3 , as her only cc tool and armor removal tool it feels bad to get it blocked by a pénale.  Vauban 4 could also remove armor while in vortex and make the armor gain a ressource to lose like atlas armor . That will get rid of the main weakness of vauban : stray bullet hitting for a ton. Grendel : just remove the energy drain from his 1 and put a limit of enemies in his belly if you dont want trolls stealing all exterminate enemies. Make his 2 buffs à longer base duration and higher range and also that you dont have to cycle through them(all enemies in belly will contribute to thr buffs) . Make his 3 spit proc toxin on the enemies it hits like when spitting enemies with 1 .

Rest are good changes 

They used Zenistar for almost AFK farming and you know it. Throw the disk, grab some popcorn and then use it again after like half a minute or so. 

Holding E  now (default melee) for the heavy attack for throw weapons doesn;t trigger the explosion on recall for Glaives and the wolf sledge. But the separate Heavy attack keybinding does activate the explosion.

possible bug?

21 minutes ago, Dyneomite said:

This still doesn't fix some of the issues with the system

This wont stop us from getting dupe weapons; Kuva Seer - Kuva Kraken - Kuva Seer - Kuva Kraken is the kind of pattern we can look forward to now, or in my case Stubbas. And we still have no use for weapons with lower %s than our current ones, they're worthless. I have 2 Kuva Stubbas in my foundry below 35%, my current lich has a Stubba at 55% (all heat). Those 2 in my foundry are now useless.

So, again I post this proposed change:

For this example we'll use a 35% heat Karak and a 25% heat Karak:

Lets say I have the 35% at rank 40 with a potato and the 25% is the new weapon

• Can only Valence weapons with the same element
  • When doing Valence the higher % weapon will always be used as the base, even if its the new weapon (no change from what we have now)
  • Still transfers your forma, potatos and ranks
  • The lower % weapon applies ~10% of its value through Valence (eg: 25% adds 2.5%, so we end up with 37.5% total bonus)

This keeps DE's RNG and grind, and gives us a reason to care about dupe weapons. This will keep people playing the content for longer to max out the element on their weapons, while having visible progression. With the current system, we have absolutely no use for weapons that have a lower % than our current one, running the lich is a complete waste of time.

PS: let us recharge requiem mods with Kuva. Let us use Kuva in place of void traces on requiem relics

The ability to recycle 4 defiled mods is a step in the right direction

I want to second this.

All of the changes to liches and kuva weapons so far have done nothing to address the biggest problem with them: Useless duplicates that you can do literally nothing with.

54 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

You forgot about: 

- True Punishment

- Amalgam Ripkas True Steel

- Rivens

13 minutes ago, Xrasegot said:

Do we still have to use the kuva quartakk with the quatz mechanic?
Please take thought to change the Kuva quartakk's fire mode switching mechanic to selective-fire (manual switch).
Let people use the fire mode what they prefer and please don't stuck with this bad gimmick.

I very much prefer the current firing mode of the Kuva Quartakk. I found the original Quartakk very clunky precisely because of the way firing modes worked, this here with full auto on hip fire and insta-burst when aim feels very nice.

Archived