Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Blink nerf and railjack archwing gameplay.

ixidron92

44 minutes ago, Chappie1975 said:

I have 300 triple caps.  I've done my time in that arena.  I have done 5x3 over and over again.  The people who run 6x3 are extremely small.   They can pound sand in this compared to the majority IMO.  

wait are you still going with all is fair if the majority isnt affected logic also did you read what I typed? sounds like you did not. sorry but you're just so wrong and out of place. I dont know what you're even trying to prove at this point. and if you say that 5x3 is the most you ve done before how do you have any idea about 6x3?

also here's the quote about why this will be a problem with all runs which just proves you wrong  that this is a majority problem 

4 hours ago, 8faiNt said:

I dont think you understand one thing this wont just affect 6x3, 6x3 and 5x3 is the most affected because they dont get the right to do any mistakes to start with.

It will affect every run regardless of the number. People will (start their run slowly and) make mistakes. they will need every extra minute one way or other and once their eidolon goes to the lake for despawning you know where you lost your time regardless you play 3x3 or 6x3 

18 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

Blink is fine as it is. I don't think that few seconds will matter much.

Unlikely! It matters way more than you think. The impact is way bigger than you think it is. dont believe me? you're free to start capturing Eidolons. (not just the teralyst all 3 of them.)

Edited by 8faiNt

44 minutes ago, Trapkin said:

Is not really useless tho, you can still blink, now with all archwings on top of it.

Sometimes i swear, you people are way too entitled. In the past few weeks, people have complained about more things than normal, and things that really, didn't really were worth the time.

Maybe should had kept vacuum exclusive to Carrier if we go by this logic right???

That's uncalled for.  If massive amount of players are complaining then you're missing the obvious, not them.  
Edit: very few things are made perfect (or nearly so) on their first try. That's fine. However, ignoring the problems and blaming those that are trying to bring it to light, that's low, especially since change doesn't happen unless you ask for it. 

Edited by Tinklzs

4 minutes ago, 8faiNt said:

Unlikely! It matters way more than you think. The impact is way bigger than you think it is. dont believe me? you're free to start capturing Eidolons. (not just teralyst the whole 3 of them.)

It makes zero difference for a Tridolon hunt, the only people it affects are those who run meta comps to hunt 12~18 eidolons in a single night.  Balancing around that would be pretty silly.

• Like 2

it's 3 seconds... 3 whole seconds oh no. We aren't going to get blink SPAM on every archwing we just aren't. IF anything maybe make a mod to allow for faster dodges much like we have for our ground dodges now with the amalgam mod because while it would be nice to maybe be fast it is in no way necessary it would be a luxury

Edited by (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam

5 hours ago, 8faiNt said:

So what is the plan here de? are you trying to accomplish so players cant do 6x3 anymore?

3 seconds delay? yeah im down.. all the way. I agree that it was too op but this wont work. Dont get me wrong I think 3 seconds is the sweet spot but 

you need to improve it by either giving us a mod that reduces the blink time OR add charges to our blink make it so we have at least 3 charges to blink and they should recharge overtime 

this is a huge step back to traveling and while I dont mind the travel time in open world missions this is straight up a crucial nerf to eidolon fight which it will be without a doubt.

isnt the iztal the fastest traveling archwing? that now also has ripcord yet to play with it prolly will do that right after i finish this comment but from what we saw it can cover some distance and you can cut the cord mid pull and ride the momentum on after burn the plains are rather small compared to the vallis and the eidolon broadcasts were he is going if he somehow gets away.
how about instead of asking for more changes to our universal blink how about buffing the archwing mods themselves because they are very weak compared to their costs some are ok others are Bleh like this sucker here 
latest?cb=20180610191638

1 minute ago, Tinklzs said:

That's uncalled for.  If massive amount of players are complaining then you're missing the obvious, not them.  

Not my fault that I'm completely ok with this so called "nerf" Unlike the vast majority of the players, i did not grew used to using 1 single archwing and only 1 ability to get to places in the plains or the orb vallis. Variety is always better.

It isnt the end of the world. 3 seconds of your time will not suddenly make you unable to do Eidolons. Is 3 god fricking seconds, and you people are throwing a fit for it.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam said:

it's 3 seconds... 3 whole seconds oh no. We aren't going to get blink SPAM on every archwing we just aren't. IF anything maybe make a mod to allow for faster dodges much like we have for our ground dodges now with the amalgam mod because while it would be nice to maybe be fast it is in no way necessary it would be a luxury

I don't mind the cooldown, persay, it does feel a bit weird though. Is the only way to activate it by pressing shift? Because that's the only button that I've noticed that works - if so - that's a bit weird, feels clunky.  While I will miss blinking 1200m+ in a few seconds distorting the UI, it needed balanced, but the CD + the new button feels a bit weird. 

If it does stop a 6x3... like plainly... who the #*!% cares oh no I can only get 15 Eidolons captured every couple hours....It would be silly for DE to be worried about THAT of all things in my opinion. That said in another thread I suggested if anything to give a mod for faster cooldowns since ti's a luxury kind of thing and by no means a necessity.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tinklzs said:

I don't mind the cooldown, persay, it does feel a bit weird though. Is the only way to activate it by pressing shift? Because that's the only button that I've noticed that works - if so - that's a bit weird, feels clunky.  While I will miss blinking 1200m+ in a few seconds distorting the UI, it needed balanced, but the CD + the new button feels a bit weird. 

I use console so i don't have that update yet and likely won't have that issue though I did see Reb rebind her keys If shift is the only thing to allow it consistently THAT is something to give feedback about and ask for maybe an alternate way to do it or what have you.

14 minutes ago, Zekkii said:

It makes zero difference for a Tridolon hunt, the only people it affects are those who run meta comps to hunt 12~18 eidolons in a single night.  Balancing around that would be pretty silly.

I feel like people are coming here to say something, saying without any knowledge. Read msges above okay? okay. 

11 minutes ago, seprent said:

isnt the iztal the fastest traveling archwing? that now also has ripcord yet to play with it prolly will do that right after i finish this comment but from what we saw it can cover some distance and you can cut the cord mid pull and ride the momentum on after burn the plains are rather small compared to the vallis and the eidolon broadcasts were he is going if he somehow gets away.
how about instead of asking for more changes to our universal blink how about buffing the archwing mods themselves because they are very weak compared to their costs some are ok others are Bleh like this sucker here 

nothing is going to be like the old blink. I only suggested balanced ideas that would make 6x3 viable once again and tbh I think charged blink and reduced blink time with a mod sounds like something that can be useful for every situation. and no obviously even with the fastest archwing you're not fast enough anymore.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam said:

If it does stop a 6x3... like plainly... who the #*!% cares oh no I can only get 15 Eidolons captured every couple hours....It would be silly for DE to be worried about THAT of all things in my opinion. That said in another thread I suggested if anything to give a mod for faster cooldowns since ti's a luxury kind of thing and by no means a necessity.

a lot of people actually gives a 💩 world isnt all about you also I already said that 6x3 runs isnt the only one thats being affected 

Edited by 8faiNt

6 minutes ago, Trapkin said:

Not my fault that I'm completely ok with this so called "nerf" Unlike the vast majority of the players, i did not grew used to using 1 single archwing and only 1 ability to get to places in the plains or the orb vallis. Variety is always better.

I agree variety is better.  However, nerfs are depending on many things, I'm not even really effected by this nerf either, yet I completely understand where players are coming from. It's rooted in Psychology really, few humans like change. And Warframe is a fast pace go go go mentality game, so changing the speed/meta of things will upset people (I mean look at rivens). While the change for Itzal/Blink needed to happen, it's quite obvious that things are as up to par as they should be.  As for the cooldown, while I'm not sure that's the fix necessary, it's a good band-aid that can be removed if necessary for a better alternative down the line so I'm fine with it. My main issue is the button for blink feels clunky, and Itzal getting an ability that DE knows hasn't been going since it's inception, Ripline. 

Again, not everything is going to be 'perfect' when it's initially released, so complaints and constructive criticisms are necessary here to ensure that the content is polished.  And understanding that some players will be upset and giving alternatives to be as close to the middle-ground area is possible is, I believe, the best course of action in most cases. Just insulting players that are affected by something that doesn't change much for you, that doesn't help anything.

2 minutes ago, 8faiNt said:

nothing is going to be like the old blink. I only suggested balanced ideas that would make 6x3 viable once again and tbh I think charged blink and reduced blink time with a mod sounds like something that can be useful for every situation. and no obviously even with the fastest archwing you're not fast enough anymore.

yeah because the old blink was blooming overpowered with how much mobility it gave you. But what you sitting at can be seen as a slippery slope because if DE touches archwing more with the idea of 6x3 must be viable at all times it's going to slow things down because every change must then be tested to do 6x3. Then someone will ask that a different prerequisite be put in place to make their method of grind maintain its ability to be viable that continuing to the point nothing can be done as there are too many prerequisites.

i still feel you could fix this with adjusting the values of the archwing mods to make them more effective for their cost since the only mod that increases speed is hyperion thrusters and it cost 20 points and doesn't even do 28% speed increase. Warframe base speeds can on paper outrun the base itzal as it has 1.2 sprint speed Gauss base has 1.4 can hit 2.something though a few mods. If archwings are the superior form of transport why can warframes out run them? Personally id be asking mods get tweaked and the base speed of all archwings be buffed 

• Like 1

Let us blink in directions other than forward.  Will turn blink into an effective dodge.  Side-rolling in archwing is currently very slow and almost immobilizing. Might as well be able to blink sideways or backward when it's off cooldown to dodge missiles.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, seprent said:

yeah because the old blink was blooming overpowered with how much mobility it gave you. But what you sitting at can be seen as a slippery slope because if DE touches archwing more with the idea of 6x3 must be viable at all times it's going to slow things down because every change must then be tested to do 6x3. Then someone will ask that a different prerequisite be put in place to make their method of grind maintain its ability to be viable that continuing to the point nothing can be done as there are too many prerequisites.

i still feel you could fix this with adjusting the values of the archwing mods to make them more effective for their cost since the only mod that increases speed is hyperion thrusters and it cost 20 points and doesn't even do 28% speed increase. Warframe base speeds can on paper outrun the base itzal as it has 1.2 sprint speed Gauss base has 1.4 can hit 2.something though a few mods. If archwings are the superior form of transport why can warframes out run them? Personally id be asking mods get tweaked and the base speed of all archwings be buffed 

I really dont care as long as they try to fix it rather my suggestions or something they come up with

2 hours ago, sam686 said:

This difficulty of trying to use the new Blink kills my Warframe. Crouch and jump are terrible buttons to use, hit the ground too much with loss of health.

I miss the easy to use ability button that always works with enough energy, or have a no no sound of "Need more energy".

that title is SO clickbaity.. so u mean a change to a thing ppl barely need to use is killing the game? dream on

28 minutes ago, 8faiNt said:

a lot of people actually gives a 💩 world isnt all about you also I already said that 6x3 runs isnt the only one thats being affected 

It will also effect people who do 5x3 is the only other thing you came up with who are still getting 12 arcanes and a mountain of cores and shards if if kills their runs this is all you have it isn't much of an argument. these groups of people are very minor that DE shouldn't have to worry about them it is almost irresponsible to acount for such a small group when you have to make changes to your game that DE believes are for the better. If it stops people from doing a 1x3. the BASE. THEN it is enough of a problem to start to reconsider it and nothing more. To be worried about the top 1% is silly since the world isn't all about them either just as much as it isn't about me..

Edited by (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam said:

It will also effect people who do 5x3 is the only other thing you came up with who are still getting 12 arcanes and a mountain of cores and shards if if kills their runs this is all you have it isn't much of an argument. these groups of people are very minor that DE shouldn't have to worry about them it is almost irresponsible to acount for such a small group when you have to make changes to your game that DE believes are for the better. If it stops people from doing a 1x3. the BASE. THEN it is enough of a problem to start to reconsider it and nothing more. To be worried about the top 1% is silly since the world isn't all about them either just as much as it isn't about me..

i just wanna see where those numbers or minority word is coming from do you have a chart? or something?

as far as archwing goes eidolons were the main reason why they were so popular to start with OR lets say they had almost no purpose outside of eidolons. honestly just because you dont play them doesnt mean only %1 of the players are playing lol

37 minutes ago, 8faiNt said:

I feel like people are coming here to say something, saying without any knowledge. Read msges above okay? okay. 

I meam yesterday you were calling me an elitist for wanting to do speed running and pushing myself in a game that does it's best to make content medicore... you seem to not like it when people call you the same thing.

And for the record, I agree with you that these changes are bad for Eidolons, I do 5x3(internet won't let me do 6x3) and yep, it's gonna be a pain. Best solution I can think of is for DE to remove Teralyst being able to spawn in the back area as the other locations should be doable for both initial shield and limb and getting to the shrine.

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy

I would really have preferred wormhole as the replacement rather than ripline.

Traversal tool, requires line of sight of destination, team utility teleportation. The works.

Ripline? More like faceplant (into the ground) i guess. Lazy and uninspired.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Divinehero said:

that title is SO clickbaity.. so u mean a change to a thing ppl barely need to use is killing the game?

It meant to be "Warframe" as in player controlled character. Warframe's Arsenal/Market calls it Warframe.

I can change video's title "Changes to archwing is killing warframe" to something else like "Changes to archwing is causing Warframe to lose health", any better titles?

Edit: Changed title to "Changes to archwing is causing loss of health."

Edited by sam686

No one accounts for the fact that by adding "blink 0.5" to all archwings they gave amesha extra mobility on top of it's outrageous defenses.

Itzal paid it's mobility by being the most fragile of the archwings, now they gave it the crappiest ability in the entire game as replacement - ripline is crap and it's been since forever 

4 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I meam yesterday you were calling me an elitist for wanting to do speed running and pushing myself in a game that does it's best to make content medicore... you seem to not like it when people call you the same thing.

And for the record, I agree with you that these changes are bad for Eidolons, I do 5x3(internet won't let me do 6x3) and yep, it's gonna be a pain. Best solution I can think of is for DE to remove Teralyst being able to spawn in the back area as the other locations should be doable for both initial shield and limb and getting to the shrine.

looks like you did not understand anything from our last talk also, please.. Im not bothered with whatever people are calling me stop imagining things. I am frustrated that people who dont even have 20 hcaps saying that everything is fine in this thread though

and yes teralyst is the main reason why things arent smooth anymore very true they could also change where it spawns as a fix it would be way more simple than every other solution and it would make life way easier since it would mean less archwing