Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Blink nerf and railjack archwing gameplay.

ixidron92

This difficulty of trying to use the new Blink kills my Warframe. Crouch and jump are terrible buttons to use, hit the ground too much with loss of health.

I miss the easy to use ability button that always works with enough energy, or have a no no sound of "Need more energy".

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Chappie1975 said:

They aren't even a minority...they are just loud and vocal and pound the ground when "life isn't fair"....Like Children.   Everyone now gets blink....meh.  What ever. 

Ah, yes.  When you have nothing to of value to say, resort to ad hominen.  And I have no idea where you are pulling that "loud and vocal" from.  I can't remember any line of repetitive posting (as in multiple posts about how a change had affected them negatively) from a 6x3 player's point of view.  In my experience, they are actually rather quite.  But the jealous/hurt players that aren't invited to their sexy parties are...well, a lot like you.  

I've done a few Eidolon hunts in my time and I'm pretty much done with that part of the game now.  As soon as I saw the cool down on the blink on the dev stream, I knew right away that 6x3s were gone.  5x3s could start to become difficult as well.  It's unlikely that the Chroma role will be able to teleport the lure from Terry to the island with the blink changes, and being able to charge the lure and get wisps down for the first shield is also questionable.  Also not sure how it will affect Trin's ability to get lures during Terry's down phases.  I'll have to give it a try and see.  

Most of the players that do farm Eidolons (after filling out their r3 sets) is to make plat through arcane sales.  This change directly affects their efficiency to do that.  The last time farming efficiency was nerfed was the loot frames nerf (not being able to up on loot frame chances to get extra loot).  That change caused quite a bit of ruffled feathers, if you can remember.  So yeah, when farming gets nerfed, people are going to be unhappy.  Is that difficult for you to understand or something?

29 minutes ago, Taiepii said:

You meant literally any other video game with Flying vehicle ? Cause no its not just Elite dangerous. 
And thank for telling me what is an AW and still doesnt explain how it stop from a full speed ( Wisp + Volt + Runtime mod ) in less than a second without any reverse ""propulsion"" force or break demand from the player.

Even the K-Drive which is low to the ground still have the drift motion so why not AW ? Super incoherent in between the game and that is what I call " Stupid "

apparently you havent played many of them.

full stop was asked for. its not something they just decided to do. it is a god send on corpus tile. warframe isnt a space sim. it isnt even a dog fight flight game. im loving the quick stop. loved it in star conflict, and loved it in Everspace. its arcadey as it should be.

lol K-drives. seriously? i stopped using when i finished getting MR xp from them.

Not too much feedback on the archwing changes besides HOLY SH*T this makes me want to play archwing.

The old controls felt quite clumsy at times, but the new ones are just so smooth.

Great that they added this in for Titania as well.

Also nice that they gave blink to other archwings instead of removing it from Itzal.

TY DE, nailed this one.

Time to grind for drydock...

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, BigKahuna said:

Also not sure how it will affect Trin's ability to get lures during Terry's down phases.  I'll have to give it a try and see.  

Im pretty sure trin is fine for 5x3 lures it should not be a problem but it will delay the VS I guess

Edited by 8faiNt

I disagree, although mostly in terms of skywing. I've not tried it in the main missions, but in the open worlds, the free spinning and flipping felt much more natural for a traversal mechanic. Plus it's fun doing acrobatics at high speeds through tight spaces.

I also feel like there should be a little momentum on start/stop. Nowhere near what it was of course, but right now it's literally just maximum speed to stop in less than a second, and that is just so jarring to watch. I'm thinking like... as much momentum as a Warframe has when they land without sliding from a bullet jump. They slide just a little bit. Archwing just snaps to a stop no matter how fast you were going.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Archwing just snaps to a stop no matter how fast you were going.

This is a highly requested feature in the community because you risk yourself bumping into things in high speed. I see you are not a fan of this feature, I suggest add a toggle for instant stop in the options as a middle ground.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DrivaMain said:

This is a highly requested feature in the community because you risk yourself bumping into things in high speed. I see you are not a fan of this feature, I suggest add a toggle for instant stop in the options as a middle ground.

they could just bring back experimental and let them have that. im loving the changes.

5 hours ago, RX-3DR said:

That's only applicable on the Open-world maps, which really just highlights the whole problem with this solution. Look at how the Fomorians are being handled with Itzal and you can see how damaging instant mobility is to game design. What's the point of enemy ships having guns, fighters and minefields if you can just jump across the entire distance to bypass the threats?

I get what you mean but once you grind through enough AW to be able to easily handle Fomorians, all those "threats" are just really really annoying and only serve to slow you down... Which is brings us full circle as to why someone would prefer to take Itzal and blink past everything, because people would rather to skip past that non-sense, seriously that mission in peculiar could place you right in front of the Fomorian and it would barely change the experience.

Just now, DrivaMain said:

I'm really not asking for old drift back in the slightest. I'm asking for, like... 5-10ish metres from full afterburner speed to come to a halt.

I'm loving the changes, and the consistency between modes is great. I may find some annoyances i'd like tweaked as I use it more and get used to it, but so far, this is exactly what I and others have asked for.

The only problems I see at the moment are inability to move up/down with tranq rifle equipped in archwing, and the archmelee feeling... punctuated? It doesn't flow, it's a burst for each strike, but with lock on it's not a huge problem, just something to maybe think about eventually changing if someone gets a good idea.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 8faiNt said:

did someone hurt you? you have nothing useful to say except how you hate eidolon players 

I have 300 triple caps.  I've done my time in that arena.  I have done 5x3 over and over again.  The people who run 6x3 are extremely small.   They can pound sand in this compared to the majority IMO.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ixidron92 said:

Yeah, well then just give blink by default to everything, but don't just nerf it to the point of making it useless.

Is not really useless tho, you can still blink, now with all archwings on top of it.

Sometimes i swear, you people are way too entitled. In the past few weeks, people have complained about more things than normal, and things that really, didn't really were worth the time.

Maybe should had kept vacuum exclusive to Carrier if we go by this logic right???

I always wanted Elytron to be the best Archwing, simply because it's got the best weapons. In theory, anyway. (I mean, a nuclear warhead. Come on!)

But yeah, Amesha really is better than any other AW.

I was using Odonate Prime for a while, because I like the seeker missiles. Gives me that Anime feeling when they fire a swarm of missiles in battle.

But it wasn't until I discovered the literal god mode of Amesha's 4 that I realized the Meta.

(Also Elytron's 4 is frickin weak. Massive explosion, deals like 20 damage)

You can yeet dragyns into the floor making their ai spazz out and fun fling about/doesnt kill your momentum on pull like normal ripline does.
All it has to do is bugfixed to have AW power strength apply to it (and maybe power range tho its weird to test) and get a itzal augment that removes collision damage from it (because right now, you can suicide by doing a archline due to collision damage).

8 minutes ago, Trapkin said:

Maybe should had kept vacuum exclusive to Carrier if we go by this logic right???

I take it you've forgotten what happened with vacuum after it got added to all sentinels...

It was pretty useless when it was first changed due to a really short range, then we had to complain to get it to where it is now (which is still shorter than the original vacuum). 

Essentially, like they have here, DE went too far with the nerfs when they added it to all archwings, now they need to bring it up to a level where players are 'happy' with the changes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LSG501 said:

Essentially, like they have here, DE went too far with the nerfs when they added it to all archwings, now they need to bring it up to a level where players are 'happy' with the changes.

And that is the hard part. Players arent gonna be "happy" with any form of cooldown. Because as someone said already, you would not be in danger of anything with no cooldown. Can just blink until no missiles are following you. If all we do to avoid danger while in archwing is blink, should maybe remove all defense abilities on archwings.

Players wont be happy not even with a 1 second cooldown, cause well, too damn used to pressing 500000 times that blink key to go from point A to B in a second. Anything that doesnt get you in that amount of time to point B, will be considered a nerf.

As long as Itzal still has access to a get-out-of-dodge move in combat, he's fine. I'm not sure Rip Line was what he really needed, since he already has Cosmic Crush, but right now I'm not mad

As for travel time, it's another Melee 3.0. Sure, the enormous outlier that was old Itzal was gone, but every other option was made slightly better (I assume, haven't had the chance to test myself but I see no reason why I wouldn't be able to use NewBlink while using afterburn)

Steve says to implament it and let people try it out before they look into changing it further . . . liek they did with Chroma's armour buff on his rework/fix . .. and people are still wanting that change reverted on a daily basis like 2 years later . . .

37 minutes ago, Chappie1975 said:

I have 300 triple caps.  I've done my time in that arena.  I have done 5x3 over and over again.  The people who run 6x3 are extremely small.   They can pound sand in this compared to the majority IMO.  

> Checks profile

> 200 caps

12 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

Blink is fine as it is. I don't think that few seconds will matter much.

I'm confused on how you think blink is fine, but you don't have a single hydrolyst kill/cap

The blink change really messed up eidolons, to the point where it's really not even enjoyable to do anymore