Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoilers] Now that we've entered the Railjack, let us discuss the possible implications of... (Spoilers added to main post)

AnOldAlias

On 2019-11-26 at 9:23 PM, Aekhon said:

Eh, you have to be careful with this sort of stuff.  The human brain is hard-wired to search for patterns and can turn up patterns even where none exist.  Then there's also confirmation bias, where, when we believe something, we start looking for evidence that supports what we believe and ignore/dismiss evidence that contradicts the belief.  Lastly, our senses can and do lie to us, even when we're calm and paying attention.

Anyway, I've been staring at mine for a while, and I think the reflections are just that:  reflections of the lights on the opposite wall and the two green panels off to either side.  I definitely don't see anything that looks like the operator chair in the orbiter.

That said, out of all the incomprehensible whispering, I do seem to regularly hear what sounds like the word 'sit' come through loud and clear.  Of course, I also hear the knocking, but I don't hear any scratching.

As for what it is, the glass of the reliquary drive is shaped like a human - there's clearly a place for a head and then it gets bigger for the body, which, coupled with the knocking sound, would suggest that someone's in there, but the whispering suggests that the knocking sound might be an illusion.  The crew working on it don't seem to hear it.  I say that because even if they were accustomed to the noise, standing next to a humanoid-shaped, cloud-filled capsule that randomly knocks at you is going to fray anybody's nerves after a while, yet they don't seem to react or care.

As for the clouds themselves, my guess is that's part of the void.  If it is, then it might explain the whispering and the knocking, since the void typically drives adults insane, and we're much older than we were when we were first exposed to it.  Plus, Cy sometimes says that "we behold an absence," when we interact with the drive.  In other words, "you're looking at the void."

This is very akin to anthropomorphism and personification.  We see aspects of the human condition, physically-mentally-emotionally-spiritually, in the world around us...or rather to your point, we frame what we see in terms of how our perception/filters interpret the world around us.

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&sxsrf=ACYBGNTS55R55vtw6gaA78VLWclqncBGaQ%3A1575048808006&source=hp&ei=Z1bhXZidOKnX5gLyxLyQAg&q=anthropomorphism+definition&oq=anthropomorphism&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-hp.1.1.0l8.1873.16534..18120...1.0..0.291.1395.15j0j1......0....1.......8..35i362i39j46i362i39j35i39j46i39j0i131j46j46i131j46i275j5.ZZ-xnNMnJPE

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

9 hours ago, Bryuf said:

Tried to take some pics of the finger from a sideview to determine how big it is

Hide contents

It's pretty big

D5B2AADC9BE984ADDE08DA26056D659D4310C01F

And getting a closer look at the top of it, I don't think it's magically connected to some huge void being through portals and stuff

Hide contents

It looks severed with some sort of tube sticking into the end of it

9E0C90D3C0E967F358DAFA097B7C35AFE3E03B7F

Tried to outline it in case you can't see what I mean

y8IbEJ9.jpg

Thanks for the new pictures! Yeah, I noticed the mechanical bits attached at the back before, but not with this clarity, iirc.

Thanks. Getting creepier by the minute, that's for sure!

Nice job highlighting by the way.

• Like 1

My suggestion would be:

It's in the shape of a sarcophagus/coffin, so whatever is inside it is/was humanoid. We know it's not the Cephalon (it doesn't have a body).

I think DE just borrowed some inspiration from Warhammer40k (no idea where that universe has the idea from) with their navigator. Essentially you need someone/something that helps you navigate through the void.
Is it something our operator gets into to navigate the Railjack? Probably not.
Is it just void energy, and since the man in the wall in kinda just Void, he is in there? Probably not. Why would he help navigate the ship?

Or it's just a void powered something that does something and there is nothing more to it. Probably not.

I say it's Warframe's equivalent of a Navigator from Dune series. Since railjack is separate from orbiter, it has to have means of fast long-distance travel. Especially so when destinations don't have junctions connecting them with the rest of star chart. Letting some computer program calculate route to destination could end with lesser accuracy than an organic's approach.

What i'd also wanna know is how tenno came up with the reliquary. Was it already embedded in salvaged fuselage or manufactured during reconstruction?

2 hours ago, Tsunamie101 said:

My suggestion would be:

It's in the shape of a sarcophagus/coffin, so whatever is inside it is/was humanoid. We know it's not the Cephalon (it doesn't have a body).

I think DE just borrowed some inspiration from Warhammer40k (no idea where that universe has the idea from) with their navigator. Essentially you need someone/something that helps you navigate through the void.
Is it something our operator gets into to navigate the Railjack? Probably not.
Is it just void energy, and since the man in the wall in kinda just Void, he is in there? Probably not. Why would he help navigate the ship?

Or it's just a void powered something that does something and there is nothing more to it. Probably not.

This and we must remember that the drive is standard equipment for this vessel which was built for dax not tenno so I don't think it has any connection to us except it contains void energy and so do we.

Has it occurred to anyone that the finger in there might be a red herring?  You know, something put in there just to screw with us or to keep us guessing as to what it is, only to be replaced by something else later on when we actually open the drive (or see into the drive through in-game means)?  I suggest this for four reasons.  First, the activation prompt on the reliquary drive says it is "vacant", meaning nothing is in there.  Having a giant finger in there directly contradicts that.  Why would the interaction prompt lie?  Second is the completely off-the-wall nature of the finger itself.  Where does it come from?  Why is it in there?  What purpose does it serve?  It's such a random thing - one that sticks out as making no sense whatsoever.  Third, in order to even be able to see the finger, you have to mess with your graphics settings.  Fourth, DE has done this sort of thing before.  Before TWW launched, the trailer showed a scene involving Teshin that was different from what was actually in the mission.

Of course, none of this is proof of anything.  Maybe the finger really is supposed to be in there and it will make sense later.  Or, perhaps, maybe the finger isn't supposed to be in there yet, and we figured out how to see it before we were supposed to.

Edited by Aekhon
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Aekhon said:

Has it occurred to anyone that the finger in there might be a red herring?  You know, something put in there just to screw with us or to keep us guessing as to what it is, only to be replaced by something else later on when we actually open the drive (or see into the drive through in-game means)?  I suggest this for four reasons.  First, the activation prompt on the reliquary drive says it is "vacant", meaning nothing is in there.  Having a giant finger in there directly contradicts that.  Why would the interaction prompt lie?  Second is the completely off-the-wall nature of the finger itself.  Where does it come from?  Why is it in there?  What purpose does it serve?  It's such a random thing - one that sticks out as making no sense whatsoever.  Third, in order to even be able to see the finger, you have to mess with your graphics settings.  Fourth, DE has done this sort of thing before.  Before TWW launched, the trailer showed a scene involving Teshin that was different from what was actually in the mission.

Of course, none of this is proof of anything.  Maybe the finger really is supposed to be in there and it will make sense later.  Or, perhaps, maybe the finger isn't supposed to be in there yet, and we figured out how to see it before we were supposed to.

The fact that it says it's supposedly vacant, but has an inexplicable giant finger in it fits quite well with the dialogue Cy gives when interacting with it.  "Paradox. You behold an absence. Describe it."  Well Cy, it looks like a giant dismembered human finger.  It's supposed to contradict reality.  For your second point see my previous statement.  For the third statement... well... sure, you probably weren't supposed to be able to see it.  For the fourth statement... That trailer is hardly a red herring at all.  The differences between that trailer and the actual events of the quest are pretty much cosmetic.  The trailer is all touched up to look nicer, the queens' "mound" is missing from the center of the room, the operator says "This doesn't look Grineer." instead of "I know this place." which lets us know that she expected it to be grineer, which in the quest is obvious from the fact that we're in the Kuva Fortress. The Warframe has a sword in its hand.  And Teshin draws his sword all the way instead of starting to, and then stopping when he notices the queens coming.

Like, it could just be a joke... DE literally just anticipating people would do what we did to see inside and decided to literally give us the finger as a good-natured prank... that would have required them to create a fairly detailed model of a giant mummified finger just for a prank on their most obsessive fans...

• Like 1

On 2019-11-27 at 5:52 AM, AnOldAlias said:

Both pictures show that the Reliquary had a Void Key on it, though the recent Hotfix seems to have removed it.

I STILL have the reliquary drive with the void key. It wasn't removed, not yet at least.

https://imgur.com/aw0bMVr

Sometimes, the thing would say "its sentient", but there's no subtitles. Also, Cephalon Cy says that the railjack is "A living thing" when you complete the repairs. Could the finger be a the living thing of the railjack Cy was talking about?

Edited by Aadi880

After hearing the "attempting to perceive..." voiceline, it made me sort of think. I think it may be part of Cy in there. 
Like, He doesn't believe that you could be touching him because he's an AI. 

However this S#&$ scares me now, and I just hope it actually is linked to the Duviri Paradox because it would make a lot of sense. 

2 hours ago, Aadi880 said:

I STILL have the reliquary drive with the void key. It wasn't removed, not yet at least.

Sometimes, the thing would say "its sentient", but there's no subtitles. Also, Cephalon Cy says that the railjack is "A living thing" when you complete the repairs. Could the finger be a the living thing of the railjack Cy was talking about?

That's not a void key.  That's a hole where a void key goes.  If you look at the early screen shots it had an actual glitchy void here clipping through the hole.

1 hour ago, .Banshee. said:

After hearing the "attempting to perceive..." voiceline, it made me sort of think. I think it may be part of Cy in there. 
Like, He doesn't believe that you could be touching him because he's an AI. 

However this S#&$ scares me now, and I just hope it actually is linked to the Duviri Paradox because it would make a lot of sense. 

So then are you saying that Cy was a giant before he got turned into a Cephalon?

Edited by Shoelip

You know how freakly long Ballas' right arm is?

That is a finger of one of his bosses.

The middle finger to be exact.

The Orokin were that much of d*cks, they cut off their middle finger (could be regrown, probably) and put them on the ships so, when they are in combat, they would be flipping the bird at their enemies.

19 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

You know how freakly long Ballas' right arm is?

That is a finger of one of his bosses.

The middle finger to be exact.

The Orokin were that much of d*cks, they cut off their middle finger (could be regrown, probably) and put them on the ships so, when they are in combat, they would be flipping the bird at their enemies.

Highly unlikely. Keep in mind, that the tenno, were the only ones who can draw energy from the void , and that "finger" is swimming in it. 

1 minute ago, ryu-hayabusa1 said:

Highly unlikely. Keep in mind, that the tenno, were the only ones who can draw energy from the void , and that "finger" is swimming in it. 

But the ship was replicated, which means the Requiliary Drive existed back then, the Railjack was made by the Orokin. This is not new tech.

Also

1bks4v.jpg

21 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

But the ship was replicated, which means the Requiliary Drive existed back then, the Railjack was made by the Orokin. This is not new tech.

Also

1bks4v.jpg

I totally forgot about that. Guess we'll have to wait until the next update. BTW did they say when will it drop? 

XD, yeah am very fun at parties, sorry. 

10 hours ago, Aadi880 said:

Basically what @Shoelip said is true, as that's just the keyhole place for a void key to be placed. But in one of the pictures I posted in the main post, an actual Void Key used to slot in slightly below that keyhole.

I've missed those voicelines myself, the sentient one.
But the Railjack is probably alive, considering that Cy is trying to integrate into it.

I'll post in some specific lines that relate to this from Cy's quotes during the Rising Tide quest, in order to pinpoint the idea that the Railjack is a living being.

Spoiler

I will bold the part where it's said at, as well as the specific hints in the voice lines.

Mission start of getting Propulsion to repair: "Void contamination points to bleed-out from Railjack catalytic artery. Locate and Assess."

Port Nacelle Repaired inbox message: "Portside Nacelle restored. Integration viable. She is coming together...-"

Starboard Nacelle repaired: "Starboard Nacelle reinforced. Soon fifth-dimensional cognitive geometries will self-assemble. She will live. You will have your ship.-" <-- The ___'d word is only included in the inbox message for this, but not the actual voice lines.

Cognitive means two similar things.
"of or relating to cognition; concerned with the act or process of knowing, perceiving, etc. : cognitive development; cognitive functioning."
"of or relating to the mental processes of perception, memory, judgment, and reasoning, as contrasted with emotional and volitional processes."

Upon completing scan of Tail section part: "Dorsal stabilizers: salvageable. Cogitators: Viable. Marking for salvage." Cogitators(Cogitate) meaning, basically, to think hard, meditate, etc.

Upon entering your Railjack for the first time: "Welcome to the Railjack. A living thing. A home. And a weapon. Your home. Your weapon."

Took me awhile to find these, lol. Because the Wiki doesn't have all the lines yet.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-11-26 at 8:43 PM, Zilentification said:

Just went over to the Reliquary Drive it with sound maxed.

*Whispering sounds" KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK "Whispering sounds". "KNOCK KNOCK" and some over variations.

Also I spent a while looking at the "clouds" and noticed a figure repeatedly appears. Looks like a dark shape, Long head, kinda like Aliens from Aliens movies. Two "arms" and a body that just extends back into the clouds. I thought I might just be imagining patterns but he very distinctly appears in different spots throughout the drive.

AZZuy3k.png   0fKGTcP.png   9VcbGrP.png   cxMzdJx.png   kwroPuq.png

rjCJUqt.png

There is definitely a shape. Whether or not it's a person is yet to be determined. 

Honestly, to me it looks like an old, unlit orokin tower.

1 minute ago, (PS4)ExaggeratedLemon said:

There is definitely a shape. Whether or not it's a person is yet to be determined. 

Honestly, to me it looks like an old, unlit orokin tower.

After getting the railjack up and running with a reliquary key, there is no doubt what so ever of what's inside. Just as it has already been showed in this post, it contains a giant, very old, singular finger

Spoiler

p8ydpYn.png

I don't think there's any mistaking that for a person

13 minutes ago, Bryuf said:

After getting the railjack up and running with a reliquary key, there is no doubt what so ever of what's inside. Just as it has already been showed in this post, it contains a giant, very old, singular finger

Hide contents

p8ydpYn.png

Whose finger is that? Maybe it belongs to the man in the walls' old body? Given that he speaks to you so much around it. 

And if that's the case; what if you have another piece of him in your orbiter? Perhaps that's how he can talk to you; spy on you.

On 2019-11-26 at 6:52 PM, AnOldAlias said:

... The Reliquary Drive, which is currently vacant, as seen on the actual prompt screen.

Let's talk about the most obvious points here, with some random hints / tidbits from Cephalon Cy himself.

Will show pictures, what the quotes are and all of that.

Both pictures show that the Reliquary had a Void Key on it, though the recent Hotfix seems to have removed it.

Pictures for context first:

Reveal hidden contents

ks9ploT.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

WFLz5CB.jpg

Someone showing off the Reliquary with a Fire Extinguisher before the recent hotfix(feel free to tell me who it was, I lost who posted it on Reddit)

Reveal hidden contents

Quotes:

Reveal hidden contents

"Crew. A color you have never seen. Imagine it. That is where you are."

"Attempting to perceive: Cognition algorithms fail to prove a negative. Something touches me. Impossible."

"Paradox. You behold an absence. Describe it."

As well as some definitions.

Definitions:

Reveal hidden contents

** is Plural Noun, and *** is whatever is afterwards shown via google.

Reliquary: A container for Holy Relics.

Cognition: The mental action or process of acquiring knowledge and understanding through thought, experience, and the senses.
A result of this; a perception, sensation, notion, or intuition.**

Note: Cognitive Computing may also be an avenue to look into.

Absence: The state of being away from a place or person.
An occasion or period of being away from a place or person.**
The nonexistence or lack of.***

Vacant
is pretty obvious, basically just means empty.

Proving a Negative(concept) has multiple meanings I think, so just going to link here.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proving_a_negative

Now, with all of this in mind..

What do you actually think this is?

Is it a foreign body inside of a capsule? Is it a void-generator for the Railjack?

Or is it possible YOU are the generator for the Railjack, you being put in the pod powers the Railjack's void engines so you can actually simulate a rail?

Or is it something even more ominous, given Cy's voice lines?

And what is it with that random void key underneath the Reliquary Drive?

What do you all think?

EDIT

Going to put down people's contributions to this topic down here. Won't be all, just the better viewable ones. Thanks everyone for their contributions however! ❤️

Contribution by @Strife- (Man in the Wall whispering near Reliquary Drive)

Contributions by @VforMyVendetta (Giant Finger in the Reliquary Drive)

Contribution by @Rukeu (Giant Finger #2)

Reveal hidden contents

EBnMlMC.jpg

Contribution by @Loza03 (Giant Finger #3, gotten from Reddit, didn't take himself/herself). Has DE-Staff Reply, by DE_Steve.

Ok, so, after reading every reply here(this thread long asf), I've comprised a theory.

The man in the wall is, in essence, the "god"/overseer of the origin system.

Hear me out, what if wally was actually the huge multidimensional being who was acting as a warden for the origin system; preventing trespassers and stopping escapees. 

The orokin weren't to fond if this-they didn't wand to be confined to just one star system-and so, they killed they "god", creating the void as we know it.

Let me get this out of the way real quick:

The first dimension: existence; being real, a thing.

The second dimension: awareness; being cognitive of your surroundings, acknowledging the first dimension.(e.g. length and height)

The third dimension: multitude; the existence of multiple existences and awarenesses.(e.g. depth.)

The forth dimension: continuity; the existence of tenses; the state of something after a period of time.(e.g. time.)

The fifth dimension: alternation; the multiple different variations of the aforementioned.(e.g. alternate realities.)

None of the former can interact without the latter.

By killing the warden they stole his key: the void. Which allowed them to acquire infinity energy through harnessing his blood which is the blue and white energy that makes up the void; this could be why the void is timeless. However, just because something is infinite doesn't mean that is strong(in most cases). Which is why they need to use his raw flesh in things that require extra power strength, like a railjack or and orokin tower.

With all of this in mind, I think it would make the most sense to believe that hunhow would be the warden of the star system that has all the sentients. If you think about it, another human having to wade through the the blood of another human would be disgusting and unsanitary.

This theory would explain why wally can only talk to you in your orbiter and your railjack. 

Now, to talk about a few holes in this theory.

Firstly, we haven't enough reason to believe that this finger is actually permanent and not just a place hold for another macguffin in the future.

Second; chances are, hunhow was made by the orokin and didn't come from the sentient system. 

And thirdly, the man in the wall was referenced in The War Within to be your father. Given the way he always refers to your operator as "kiddo" and is usually trying to help you out one way or another. 

But, hey, this is just my takeaway and I know I don't speak for the majority so, please, point out any other plot holes in this theory.

Lemon, out.

On 2019-12-13 at 11:57 AM, Bryuf said:

Reveal hidden contents

p8ydpYn.png

Thats cool as heck! But i was mainly talking about the shapes in the void cloud. Ik its a finger