Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoilers] Now that we've entered the Railjack, let us discuss the possible implications of... (Spoilers added to main post)

AnOldAlias

Right, I'm gonna be a jerk. A big jerky mcjerkface. So jerky I'm made of teriyaki beef sticks.

Chaps, about the man in the wall manifestations on board the Railjack, I have one potential speculation about what's causing that, but it's not a cool in-universe lore thing. What if it's an amusing unexpected effect of the game's code considering the Railjack to be functionally an Orbiter, or 'part' of the Orbiter, and thus we can randomly get little jump scare quotes just the same as if we were on board our own ships?

Actually this reminds me of a book I read this year. A group of people "caught" a great inter-dimensional creature's "extremities" and trapped them within their world. As long as its extremities were trapped, reality itself distorted around them allowing pseudo portal technology to seemingly teleport around. Also had mirror dimensions and reality swapping. Good times.

I cant help but wonder if that finger is not in fact, severed. But that there is something (still attached) on the other side.

PS: It's also fun to see the similarities. Instead of knocking people could hear the beating of "drums". Always seems whenever the eldritch is involved it cant just be quiet. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Right, I'm gonna be a jerk. A big jerky mcjerkface. So jerky I'm made of teriyaki beef sticks.

Chaps, about the man in the wall manifestations on board the Railjack, I have one potential speculation about what's causing that, but it's not a cool in-universe lore thing. What if it's an amusing unexpected effect of the game's code considering the Railjack to be functionally an Orbiter, or 'part' of the Orbiter, and thus we can randomly get little jump scare quotes just the same as if we were on board our own ships?

Possible, but the lines are stated in a much clearer way with different voice effects. A more distinct echo rather than the tons of reverb the normal lines have. It's practically a demon voice when he says it on the Orbiter.

Plus they're always in the same place. Right next to the Drive.

• Like 2

Personally, I remember Red Text when the dry dock was launched. . . using the words of Vor himself :

unknown.png

"Tenno use the keys, but they are mere trespassers." ...Simple meme / private joke, or was it already an early hint of future events ?

Also, this... thing ( whatever the actual and logical f**k it is, could become, or once was ) Could be used as a gateway, a receptacle canalising the power of the tenno to lead them elsewhere, in time and/or space. Just like it happened with the crown of Lotus, or even with the sight of the two Queens back in War Within.  And one last thing, about those Man in the wall lines... it's not just ITS disturing voice. It's yours. Your tenno voice is the main one to quote the man in the wall, with its echo in the bacground... but you are the one to speak it loud and clear... I can only imagine Garry and Simon working on this pod and hearing the tenno sayin' it out loud.

Garry : Uuuhhh... should we-

Simon : Don't question it.

Garry : Works for me !

• Like 1

Also another interesting point is the association with hands. Knocking is almost always done via hands. A severed finger would come from a creature's hand. Wonder if something knocked, the "door" opened, stuck its hand inside, and then someone slammed the door. Voila Void finger.

13 minutes ago, EmberStar said:

I'm curious, what book?

Spoiler

Mirror Image (Schooled in Magic #18) by Christopher G. Nuttall

Edited by Zilentification

I know some people heard it whispering "Listen to me" constantly, but after turning my volume to max, it sounds to me as it might whisper "Sentient(s)" - Which, given the whole reason we're building the railjack is to fight sentients, does kinda make sense I guess. Cy states that the ship is a living thing when we board it, so I wonder, is this the ships 'mind' and does it know that its purpose is to fight sentients?

Also: Did anyone figure out and exact config for brightness/contrast/etc to see the finger

Edited by Bryuf

10 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Doesn't seem like it since the quotes posted here are from TWW quest.

10 hours ago, Zilentification said:

Actually this reminds me of a book I read this year. A group of people "caught" a great inter-dimensional creature's "extremities" and trapped them within their world. As long as its extremities were trapped, reality itself distorted around them allowing pseudo portal technology to seemingly teleport around. Also had mirror dimensions and reality swapping. Good times.

I cant help but wonder if that finger is not in fact, severed. But that there is something (still attached) on the other side.

PS: It's also fun to see the similarities. Instead of knocking people could hear the beating of "drums". Always seems whenever the eldritch is involved it cant just be quiet. 

Sounds like a pretty interesting book. Do you remember what the title is?

Edited by lennieplop60

6 hours ago, Shoelip said:

So just to be clear, Wally is saying all the possible ending lines from TWW, but also the "Something's out there, Kiddo" line from earlier in the quest, and the "Hey Kiddo" line he says when he jumpscares you in your orbiter?

From what I've heard, yeah. That is the case.

Though I've yet to experience it myself somehow. Maybe it's questline choice related, I dunno.

19 minutes ago, Numerikuu said:

Personally I don't see this 'finger' that people keep on talking about. I do however see what looks like a giant battery pack 😄 a Void battery pack if you will.

At the bottom of VForMyVendetta's 2nd image, you can see a fingernail, it's just to the right of his warframe, at the bottom of the pod.

All I can think of though is the Orz from Star Control 2, which makes me giggle a little 😉  "Fingers" of an extradimensional being from "Outside"

23 minutes ago, Numerikuu said:

Personally I don't see this 'finger' that people keep on talking about. I do however see what looks like a giant battery pack 😄 a Void battery pack if you will.

Look at this.

Spoiler

3FfRTHu.jpg

As well as

Spoiler

7oKs2cJ.jpg

I slightly outlined someone else's picture. So you can see what I'm talking about.

That's obviously a finger, fingernail, and cuticle(also known as the Eponychium, the layer of skin above the fingernail. Google ftw) as well as wrinkles in the skin of the finger going upwards.

Well, you know what a Reliquary is right? It's something used for containing and displaying relics. So what's a relic? Traditionally relics were objects, often gilded and covered in gems, that contain body parts (usually bones) of dead Saints. We all know how the Orokin declared themselves gods with the vain faith, but who were their saints? As I recall, Gauss was implied to be the Saint of Altra...

Edited by Mints

16 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

There's this picture from this reddit thread:4wegvsco4h141.jpg?width=1024&auto=webp&s=08fe5b931749043284be8c42607f4f70528f1629

Which also has Steve commenting just: "..."

Which I mean is the right reaction. 

Steve's reaction is just fantastic. Plus that GIF attached to his comment, lol.

Good to see Reddit is catching onto this weird thing, that's a greatly taken picture, to, kudo's on the person that took it.

Seriously creepy stuff going on, I love it.

Edited by AnOldAlias

1 minute ago, Oreades said:

[Spoilers] Now that we've entered the Railjack, let us discuss the possible implications of...

Completing our thoughts? Not using super clickbaity titles? The impact of climate change on indigenous Venus fauna?

It's a spoiler, potentially.

That much is OK to leave out of the title.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Oreades said:

[Spoilers] Now that we've entered the Railjack, let us discuss the possible implications of...

Completing our thoughts? Not using super clickbaity titles? The impact of climate change on indigenous Venus fauna?

I put the spoiler out of the title for a reason. ^^ Though I know it does sound quite clickbaity.

So, apologies.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

It's a spoiler, potentially.

That much is OK to leave out of the title.

The tube is not any more a spoiler than the infested door on the orbiter, it's just a thing that is a thing.

Now if this was a "Wow guys! Interacting with the railjack pod kills the lotus!" that would be a spoiler and I can understand avoiding it. 

3 hours ago, Oreades said:

The tube is not any more a spoiler than the infested door on the orbiter, it's just a thing that is a thing.

Now if this was a "Wow guys! Interacting with the railjack pod kills the lotus!" that would be a spoiler and I can understand avoiding it. 

A couple subjects touched on in this thread; Man in the Wall, the Operator chair, Natah, etc. I hardly think putting spoilers is an egregious thing.

Edited by Zilentification