Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Even Is Endgame?

Urulai

Endgame is a 2019 American superhero film based on the Marvel Comics superhero team the Avengers, produced by Marvel Studios and distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures. It is the sequel to 2012's The Avengers, 2015's Avengers: Age of Ultron, and 2018's Avengers: Infinity War, and the twenty-second film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU). It was directed by Anthony and Joe Russo and written by Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely, and features an ensemble cast including Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner, Don Cheadle, Paul Rudd, Brie Larson, Karen Gillan, Danai Gurira, Benedict Wong, Jon Favreau, Bradley Cooper, Gwyneth Paltrow, and Josh Brolin. In the film, the surviving members of the Avengers and their allies attempt to reverse the damage caused by Thanos in Infinity War.

Edited by Nezha_Rose
  • Like 1

Fashion Frame
Opening Relics after reward cycle 19
Eidolons
Farm Kuva Liches

Kuva farm but that may fall under opening relics with the addition of Requiem Relics.

To be honest it is pretty much what you make of it, if you prefer to stay on one of the open maps and fish for three hours in a straight with some music no one will judge you, or they should not judge you for it. 

14 hours ago, Urulai said:

I've heard a lot of chatter over the years about Endgame this, Endgame that.  I'm starting to suspect that it is a thing with ever shifting goal posts that means different things for the different players and that the developers have totally different thought processes on this compared to their player base.
 The entire problem is definition.  Warframe isn't really a game with an end goal in and of itself, its a process type game not a product game.  The core gameplay loop is the part that is intended to be enjoyed from what I can observe.
  So I think the community as a whole must Decide what Endgame even means and there should be a proper discussion between players and devs not just wishing into a well like some players seem to like doing or trying to force what they thing is best on everyone else.

ive been playing a ton of games ( Lineage II, Rising Force Online, Fallout, GTA, Elite Dangerous, EVE Online, SWTOR, Firefall, Global Agenda...  etc ) and i never found endgame...

Some of them have a Credit roll.. maybe you mean that?
2012-07-12_Selection.png

8 hours ago, Vyra said:

ive been playing a ton of games ( Lineage II, Rising Force Online, Fallout, GTA, Elite Dangerous, EVE Online, SWTOR, Firefall, Global Agenda...  etc ) and i never found endgame...

2012-07-12_Selection.png

My point is there needs to be a proper discussion between devs and community about what endgame is, and what it should be.  This thread alone should tell you that nobody really has any idea or agreement on what it is.

23 hours ago, Urulai said:

I'm starting to suspect that it is a thing with ever shifting goal posts

That's exactly what endgame should be. As you run endgame content it gets easier and you get better requiring increasing difficulty. Back in the day it used to mean pushing yourself and your build so you could stay in void endurance missions longer to get more loot. Since they changed to relics its kinda meant whatever the person saying it wants it to mean.

26 minutes ago, Urulai said:

My point is there needs to be a proper discussion between devs and community about what endgame is, and what it should be.  This thread alone should tell you that nobody really has any idea or agreement on what it is.

Theres not really gonna be some sweet endgame where we all get along and all think as 1 entity. Theres too many different people from all walks of life that play for different reasons.

Even if you got some sweet endgame:

1. It will ne nerfed.

2. It'll be finished in 2 weeks and people will be once again asking for something else.

This is vet life dude. On another game we would beat new dlc content and have the new gear/items after a week of it dropping. Wait another 3-6 months, and do the same thing again.

Endgame in Warframe is when you don't really need anything anymore, you just want it.  You've got the powerful weapons and frames you like, you've got a bunch of powerful, fully ranked mods fitted into your formad equipment, 2 maxed arcanes preferably of choice, most of your operator's passives are unlocked, and you're sitting at a mastery rank you're comfortable with.  At this point, the game turns into a mobile app for PC, filled with all sorts of guides towards activities to kill time and maybe throw a new toy your way on occasion.  Nightwave, invasions, kuva siphons and liches, void fissures... they're all designed to guide you into doing an activity to keep you entertained, because the "endgame" people want is, I imagine, based on what endgame is for World of Warcraft, which is not a good thing for ANY game, least of all Warframe.  DE knows better than to get caught up in an arms race they'll inevitably lose to the player base.

Though for what it's worth, it would be pretty cool to see a raid where a Tenno fleet faces off against Grineer/Corpus/Infested fleet, but that might require dedicated servers.

Edited by Lost_Cartographer

Endgame in Warframe is a very long and treacherous road to Acceptance.

Acceptance the game will never quite be what you hope or think it could achieve.
Acceptance that your time will never be truly valued by the Developers.
And Acceptance that little will change.

Semi-Jokes aside. This community had a pretty clear voice on end-game years ago but after those voices were ignored time and time again they began to deviate to different ideas and as Warframe continued to have no standard within the game to base anything on they diverged further until you have the white noise of today.

Still, there's a rather large group that simply want quick access to more difficult content. Simple as that.

On 2019-12-03 at 10:11 AM, Oreades said:

Surviving 20 minutes of AABC rotation Region Chat

😄 

On a serious note: From everything I've heard so far almost a year into the game endgame is a way tenno can test their gear and "skill" on an interesting and hard content from the get go (not staying 10+ hours on mot survival and doing the same thing over and over) and get scaling rewards on par with the effort put into it.
Because people who want it put thousands of hours into the game, gathered all the mods, forma'd the frames, weapons, tested them to their full extend, know most or even every synergy and want to test that and get good rewards for all the time, thought and effort put into it.
tl;dr endgame imo is a content witch is interesting, hard and has scaling rewards.

• Like 1

Well, a lot of funny answer. Could add "FASHIONFRAME TRVE ENDGAME"

But well end-game. What do we do when we have almost all prime, almost everything.

Finding new synergy. Optimising and testing new build.

Endgame it's when you stop to be efficient, and you realize that if fact, you got all tools to have fun in party.

Helping/roasting newbie x)

Endgame it's when you have fun with new itzal hook , and cry that you cant fly accross openworld upside down anymore.
Endgame it's when you dont cry about nerf, because you have plenty of other to play with...

Endgame it's when you know how to use Loki disarm XD
When you undesrtand that rhino can buff the team damage x)
When you arnt upset to see a limbo xD
When you cast Inaros abilities xD

19 hours ago, Vyra said:

2012-07-12_Selection.png

Warframe has that too. Go to Fortuna, find the right spot. 😄

Endgame is complaining in the forum...

More seriously sandbox is the only endgame I can see for a game like warframe.

More sandbox, that's what lacks warframe for me because grind let us enjoy the game in a creative way, I kinda enjoy dojo customisation and fashionframe is a thing too.

Personally I want custom mission and liberty on open worlds to begin with for example 

On 2019-12-03 at 2:59 AM, Urulai said:

I've heard a lot of chatter over the years about Endgame this, Endgame that.  I'm starting to suspect that it is a thing with ever shifting goal posts that means different things for the different players and that the developers have totally different thought processes on this compared to their player base.
 The entire problem is definition.  Warframe isn't really a game with an end goal in and of itself, its a process type game not a product game.  The core gameplay loop is the part that is intended to be enjoyed from what I can observe.
  So I think the community as a whole must Decide what Endgame even means and there should be a proper discussion between players and devs not just wishing into a well like some players seem to like doing or trying to force what they thing is best on everyone else.

I have the unfortunate pleasure to inform you that the answer to your open ended question... is yes.

Endgame is usually meant as 'sustainable content' but with the way that said content increases your power, the longer 'sustainable content' is out, the less sustainable it is.

so a 'true endgame' in this specific sense is hilariously difficult to create especially if you take into account the differences in play styles, soloVSpubsVSpremade groups

but really... it depends who you ask, people will say anything from endurance runs, to fashion, to arbs... etc. endgame is more a feeling or a state of mind than a concrete set of missions and goals for a game that doesn't really end

Endgame is when new content get added and you start rushing to fight the enemies optimizing your build after each fight, before they get nerfed then your builds are too op for them, and then accept that is natural and remember the histories that the people that got you on the game used to tell you about, and understanding they feelings, truly a magical moment.

Endgame? That implies that the main story of Warframe has ended which it hasn't. Story wise it feels like we are at the mid-way point especially with all the teaser trailers for more after the New War. So until they finish the core story of the game we won't see an endgame anytime soon.