EmberStar

Some one needs to pilot the railjacks

some one needs to man left wing turret

some one needs to man right wing turret

some one needs to man big under gun

some one needs to run around ship to fix it and extinguish fires

some one needs to be in cargo to craft ammo and other vital things

some one might need to go to enemy ship to take it and be wingman

I really dont see how railjack should be or be made into solo player friendly , whole thing screams co-op for a co-op game , players can give other players commands so it will be a gondsend for people who dont have or use mic wich is perfect .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jarriaga said:

There are things you can't just address with a higher base difficulty that is likely only to affect damage values, enemy numbers, and enemy aggressiveness. Designing a game mode in which you need to be doing multiple things at once in different places is something that can't be addressed with scaling difficulty even if you have AI helping with some of those tasks.

Which is why games that have scaling difficulty can often do *other* things to address that.  I've recently been messing around with Deep Rock Galactic (first person space dwarf mining.)  If you select solo mode, you get a small robot assistant to help you with combat and mining (and that can revive you a certain number of times if you die.)  My understanding ist that in teams, there are variants of some of the aliens monsters that won't appear in solo games, and several of the Boss and mini-boss class aliens have different rules.  For example in Solo mode, the Dreadnaut will occasionally roar even when it hasn't made a melee attack recently.  The only time its weakpoints are vulnerable is after it roars.  In a team, players can bait it into making an attack that will trigger a roar so that a Scout or Gunner behind it can fire between the armor plates.  That would be almost impossible solo, so the boss behaves differently in Solo mode to make it at least possible to fight it.  It's entirely possible to make scaling difficulty work, it just takes extra effort.  DE has said that they'd rather focus on the co-op experience exclusively.

As I said, I'm sure the direction they've chosen won't be a problem for many, and will probably be seen as "a good thing" by a few.  I'm pretty sure there have been at least a few posts from people actually hoping that the devs would lock solo players (and in one case, new players) out of Railjack completely.  I've been watching the devstream footage, and in its current form, all I can say is that I don't see any reason to bother with Railjack at all.  Which means that I'm quite likely not going to be playing the New War either since the in-game dialogue from Cephalon Cy is hinting strongly that New War will be heavily Railjack based.  Am I quitting the game?  No.  (And I'm not under any illusions that anyone would care if I did.  They won't.)

In any case, if the direction doesn't bother you, I'm glad you'll have new content.  If the devs decide to add solo support in the future then I'll consider playing Railjack missions then.  Until / unless they do, this goes on the pile of content that I don't enjoy and don't do.  (Eidolons, Orb Mothers, Endless Mission Endurance runs, Interception and Excavation missions.)  I've watched the gameplay demo in today's devstream, and I have no interest in playing that kind of mission with random strangers.

Just now, bad4youLT said:

Some one needs to pilot the railjacks

some one needs to man left wing turret

some one needs to man right wing turret

some one needs to man big under gun

some one needs to run around ship to fix it and extinguish fires

some one needs to be in cargo to craft ammo and other vital things

some one might need to go to enemy ship to take it and be wingman

I really dont see how railjack should be or be made into solo player friendly , whole thing screams co-op for a co-op game , players can give other players commands so it will be a gondsend for people who dont have or use mic wich is perfect .

It will be more solo friendly once they introduce AI teammates, when they plan on do that, who knows

I do not mind if it is soloable or not because what I have seen in the presentation is not really interests me. Honestly I fall asleep during this so I decided to just close youtube. I appreciate their efforts to make new content and force players in some way to actually play coop in a coop game but other space games doing all of this better. Starsector is much better in this aspect yet is a small game compared to this. Free space was easier in that aspect you can focus on the fight and not bothering with the rest. Freelancer did also in interesting way the manage, economy, combat etc. This presentation is boring for me and not really interested to do any effort to get this like I did with the operators. That is a nice thing it is a side thing and not the core part of the game. 

I find it very primitive in a future game you need to do all the damage control and there are no automated damage control. This is for some may be interesting in the first but when you need to do all this all the day then it will be boring.

I am prepared to the Duviri, new weapons, melee phase 3 and probably the new warframe. This update does not interests me but it is only my opinion.

To the OP. Probably not so far after the release there will be available the crew / command component so you can solo play and focus on one part in your ship.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, devildevil21 said:

TL;DR: You can play solo, but since railjack content is scaled to co-op, you'll have trouble completing the mission while solo. It's doable, and the more skilled you are the higher the chances of being able to solo. I repeat, you CAN SOLO EVERY MISSION of railjack, but you might NOT SUCCEED in completing every single one of them while playing solo.

Correction:  They aren't going to PREVENT people from ATTEMPTING it solo.  They currently aren't going to make any effort to support it.  (Such as by allowing you to have NPCs to man the guns and the engines.  There is clearly an AI for "Pilot a Railjack scale ship" because that's what the enemy ships use.  It could be possible for them to allow a player to have an NPC crew (even if they're not ideal or as skilled as a player crew, half of something is better than all of nothing.)  If they add that in the future, I'll probably consider playing Railjack.  Until they do, I see no reason to waste the time attempting Railjack at all.

It's not locking you out like trails did. It's basically like Eidolons. Not balanced around solo, but if you spend more time and gear up differently youre probably fine. I will.

All I hope is that they make shadow field a little easier to get outright so you the first dozen hours of gameplay for solo players doesn't consist of hit and run, hit and run, get the destroyed.

4 minutes ago, Sagittarix said:

Sheldon just said in the Devstream that he's doing Railjack missions solo all the time.

Save the pitchforks until the thing comes out.

But if people listened and gave reasonable feedback with all the facts rather then losing their minds and spreading misinformation then who would make the rage threads that keep the forums alive?

Edited by StinkyPygmy

Funny. 

The ship, the resources, the time is all on me as a solo player, but the content is not?. Seems legit.

They should have a popup in game warning people not to waste their time if they don't have a group of super bros to play with. The resources are totally out of hand for something many people will be locked out of because Digital Extremes isn't capable of scaling content properly. 

If this turns out to be so convoluted that voice becomes mandatory and people steer away from matchmaking, it's a fail. Just like eidolons.

Just now, Lord-Childeric said:

guys reacting before having the update in hands and just doing pure spectulations about the time frame they'll get crews to help solo players (when DE just showed us that it's ALREADY INTEGRETED IN THE UI) is just ... omg facepalm... Just stop whining like little kids for once.

Where? In the middle of a stream that no one watches?

Just now, IIDMOII said:

Funny. 

The ship, the resources, the time is all on me as a solo player, but the content is not?. Seems legit.

They should have a popup in game warning people not to waste their time if they don't have a group of super bros to play with. The resources are totally out of hand for something many people will be locked out of because Digital Extremes isn't capable of scaling content properly. 

If this turns out to be so convoluted that voice becomes mandatory and people steer away from matchmaking, it's a fail. Just like eidolons.

Jesus, YOU CAN SOLO. Its that hard to see the devstream before talking sh*t?

1 minute ago, IIDMOII said:

Funny. 

Resources from the Drydock are based on your clan, from what was seen on the railjack itself, those resources don't seem to be that high, although that may change when released

They said it will be possible to solo even higher difficulty levels in Railjack, just difficult (so I guess like Profit taker or Triple Eidolon capture level of difficullty). If I recall correctly DE Sheldon said that he played most missions solo.

What I am afraid of is that the most viable tactic might be to just park your railjack in asteroids and kill everything with your archwing...

Edited by Mr.Fluffins

Did anyone actually ever expect solo to be really super viable at any point since railjack was first shown?  It's been clear from the get go that it's very much coop oriented.  It's clearly been a huge endeavor for the dev team so expecting them to cater to the comparatively tiny portion of the player base that plays purely solo right from the get go is a bit of a reach.

Edited by Aggh

7 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Ah yes, people over-reacting over something that is not released yet (Oh the humanity!).

DE said Solo play is possible but difficult. DESheldon confirmed this by saying he played a few solo missions.

Again. Where? In a live stream? A Twitter post?

None of this is ever communicated in the game when we are slaving away farming the resources to build it.

Never once in any of the trailers does it say "hope you have friends...".

Maybe if they realized how absurd and disrespectful some of the grinds are and tone it down, some of us could convince a friend or 2 to start playing again.

Edited by IIDMOII

It perfectly matches the content of your post. You jumped the gun and are getting roasted for it. Take the loss and do better.

1 hour ago, IIDMOII said:

Again. Where? In a live stream? A Twitter post?

None of this is ever communicated in the game when we are slaving away farming the resources to build it.

Never once in any of the trailers does it say "hope you have friends...".

The game is co-op. That new content sometimes requires a team shouldn't need to be spelled out for you.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Viges said:

Actually, whatever. If I'd want to play spaceships I play Elite Dangerous or smth. Not interested in that game play at all. I'm pretty sure many players will feel same way too. I think DE made a huge mistake with Railjack. That is not Warframe.

I'll build one and try it, but yeah, doesn't look like my cup of tea. As a solo clan/console player I don't relish trying to target tiny dots in space with a controller (when I have to use an archwing I usually melee...how good are those missiles?).

A good co-op experience w/meaningful progression is probably what WF needs though...I wouldn't be so quick to call it a mistake...