Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Kuva Lich element?

(XBOX)KnightSlayer411

So, I'm trying to get so opinions in this regard, because I think I'm going to screw up my next kuva weapon outta thinking too much.

Which elemental type do you think is the best to have a lich spawn?

I was thinking about Radiation, that way, you can put 2 dual stats for Corrosive/Viral and another for Heat and you have the Armor Stripping Flesh burning all rounder monster.

But then I started thinking about the Kohm and how it need 4 dual stats mods to achieve 100+ SC. That means that you either have both Corrosive and Blast or Viral and Radiation, WHICH MAKES HEAT the better option.

Why? Because of the simple fact that if you get a Kuva Kohm with innate Radiation, when you put the other dual stat mods, you'll be wasting a way better combo of elements if you made it have innate HEAT.

BUT, that would be for Kohm and KOHM only and the fact that the weapon your Lich gets is completely RANDOM, makes it for a real headache to make a route in order to get the best version of your Kuva weapon.

So, again, I would like to know your opinions. Is Heat a way better element to make it innate in your Kuva weapon or does Radiation takes that position with the risk of getting a kohm and ruin it.

And I know I could just buy a Kohm with Heat already in it from another player, but I like to get things on my own.

In my opinion, most of the kuva weapons are good as radiation or heat. Rad allows for a corrosive+rad+heat build that has good raw dps verse all armor. However a heat kuva weapon would do more damage after a target armor is fully striped but still i do not think it is a game breaking difference.

if you need to use 4 60% mods rad is better, as blast is worthless. If you can get a riven that has 60% status chance so you do not need to add cold allowing heat to be alone.

Edited by LazyKnight

32 minutes ago, (XB1)KnightSlayer411 said:

So, I'm trying to get so opinions in this regard, because I think I'm going to screw up my next kuva weapon outta thinking too much.

Which elemental type do you think is the best to have a lich spawn?

I was thinking about Radiation, that way, you can put 2 dual stats for Corrosive/Viral and another for Heat and you have the Armor Stripping Flesh burning all rounder monster.

But then I started thinking about the Kohm and how it need 4 dual stats mods to achieve 100+ SC. That means that you either have both Corrosive and Blast or Viral and Radiation, WHICH MAKES HEAT the better option.

Why? Because of the simple fact that if you get a Kuva Kohm with innate Radiation, when you put the other dual stat mods, you'll be wasting a way better combo of elements if you made it have innate HEAT.

BUT, that would be for Kohm and KOHM only and the fact that the weapon your Lich gets is completely RANDOM, makes it for a real headache to make a route in order to get the best version of your Kuva weapon.

So, again, I would like to know your opinions. Is Heat a way better element to make it innate in your Kuva weapon or does Radiation takes that position with the risk of getting a kohm and ruin it.

And I know I could just buy a Kohm with Heat already in it from another player, but I like to get things on my own.

I went single-element versatility with electrical for my first weapon knowing I could stack it to get combo elements that I like.

Ill probably try for heat and toxin on different weapons as well.

Radiation is a current favorite for many due to Sentient damage and high-end Grineer.

I wouldn’t overthink it.

Radiation by me, in general. But since I'm going for ephemeras and mastery first I'm just doing the same element until I get an ephemera, and change it after that. Got Vengeful Trickster, so now all my latest kuva weapons have fire.

I'll have time to get the weapon/element perfect match later down the line, after my checklist is done.

It's different for every weapon, and what you're tryna do with it. I gotta toxin+slash riven for my Quartakk, so heat ended up being my choice, built it for viral+KuvaHeat. I want a magnetic Seer so I can build it 100% status for Condition Overload aid, can get like 4 elements on that thing. Using mods for that magnetic damage is a waste, don't need 4K magnetic, just like 200 for the occasional proc. I'm undecided on the Ogris, I'm thinking radiation or cold. Other weapons I got no clue yet

I personally think Toxin, heat and rad are the top 3 choices. 

It will also depend on what you want to build the weapon for. 

Status emphasis?

Toxin, as corrosive would be most effective in situations where you need to fight armored Grineer. Also pairs well for gas and viral. 

Hybrid emphasis? 

Heat 

Ocassional heat status paired with either viral or corrosive works wonders, can also be used for building gas with only Toxin mods. 

Full Crit emphasis? 

Radiation does damage where it counts against armored enemies, can be paired with corrosive + heat for decent full armor coverage. Or viral + heat for slash focus everywhere else. 

These splits have worked well for me so far. Across multiple weapons. 

• Like 1

I personally think the best options (except as a pure Condition Overload support) are Electricity, Heat and Toxin.

I wouldn´t go for an already combined element as you can´t mod it into sth different.

With Electricity you can easily mod for either corrosive + heat for max armor stripping against greneer or you can go full radiation or rad plus any element.

With Toxin you can mod for corrosive, gas or viral or simply keep toxin and add 2 other elements.

And heat can also be modded into corrosive plus heat or radiation, same as with electricity.

But gettint innate radiation seems to limit my choices too much as it´s really not what you want for most greneer missions.

Just something to remember about a 100% status Kuva Brakk, Kuva Kohm and Kuva Karak,  if a corrosive build is used with them they will melt armor with ANY bonus element on them. This makes any stacking of corrosive lead to a dps plummet after the armor is removed (corrosive is neutral to flesh). So the main problem weapons are those three and whether or not care is given to over-striping. Heat would be best for them but I am not so sure that all the other weapons are ideal with heat.

And if someone is not planing to use corrosive at all and the problem is moot so there's that. It just not an easy thing to pick a one size fit all element for all the weapons and for some it debatable whether it matters at all.

7 hours ago, IamLoco said:

I personally think the best options (except as a pure Condition Overload support) are Electricity, Heat and Toxin.

I wouldn´t go for an already combined element as you can´t mod it into sth different.

With Electricity you can easily mod for either corrosive + heat for max armor stripping against greneer or you can go full radiation or rad plus any element.

With Toxin you can mod for corrosive, gas or viral or simply keep toxin and add 2 other elements.

And heat can also be modded into corrosive plus heat or radiation, same as with electricity.

But gettint innate radiation seems to limit my choices too much as it´s really not what you want for most greneer missions.

The point of going for a combined element like RAD is to save mod slots and because Radiation is awesome for all the factions

Toxin or Heat depending on the weapon.

I dont get the whole radiation hype when all Kuva weapons are either best suited for viral+slash, corrosive+heat or gas+slash. Why would you wanna stack radiation on there that simply just removes probability for all the other elements you actually might wanna proc? I really dont want it eating my gas or slash procs and I dont want it eating my corrosive procs either. And if I'm not going to build for more radiation, then the damage it brings is so minimal that it wont make much of a difference.

18 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Why would you wanna stack radiation on there that simply just removes probability for all the other elements you actually might wanna proc

Radiation has good damage verse alloy armor and is not going to combine with other things and make an undesired combo. It's an option that's not terrible if you just want a raw damage kuva weapon and your intention is to get an exact element weapon of your choice later. 

Personally, I do not favor single element toxin, electric or cold because it will combine and it forces a certain mod load-out to work around it. 

I'm probably going to be an outlier and say that, specifically for the Kuva Ogris, you want Magnetic.

Why?  Well, Ogris comes with Blast inherently.  Adding on Radiation and Viral, then using the basic Mag boost means you have a Mag-Rad-Viral-Blast rocket launcher that can also hit 100% SC.

Sure you're messing up your element pool by a substantial amount, never mind the IPS added to this sucker, but is that really a problem when you're doing literally six types of damage at the same time?

1 hour ago, Luciole77 said:

toxin or eletric its better....

Toxin is only better if you are going for a gas or single toxin build. Electricity only real point in existing is so it is easy to combine it and is not going to do much beyond that. 

Electricity and Toxin being used to combine with a Corrosive build is pointless and its due to just how much status chance Kuva weapons have. It only takes 8 proc of corrosive to get 90% less armor on a target and if that is also being used with heat's decaying 50% armor reduction it's going to end up as a flesh target.

Corrosive and Radiation are both neutral to cloned flesh and that's what you'll end up with a corrosive build after it strips the armor. 

Heat is better than radiation, and so is toxin is if you want gas or just toxin but more corrosive isn't going to help. The only exception is that Kuva Shildeg as it's not going to get enough corrosive procs to strip the armor.

Edited by LazyKnight

21 hours ago, (XB1)KnightSlayer411 said:

I think I agree with you, radiation is the better option. But still, I think Heat suits Kohm better, by the fact that you can have Heat as Innate and Viral and Radiation with 60/60 mods

Actually for the kuva Khom magnetic seems to be the best. A clan mate got a 27% magnetic Khom and because of that he can wreck all factions with a single build: Corrosive + fire+ magnetic.

Khom based off slash had trouble with shields but in my mate<s case he pop the bubbles without prejudice.

So for the Khom only, Magnetic seems to be a very surprising choice that works. 

2 hours ago, LazyKnight said:

Electricity and Toxin being used to combine with a Corrosive build is pointless and its due to just how much status chance Kuva weapons have. It only takes 8 proc of corrosive to get 90% less armor on a target and if that is also being used with heat's decaying 50% armor reduction it's going to end up as a flesh target.

For anything on the solar map, over-stripping isn’t really a problem because anything under level 100 will be dead or close to it by that point anyway.