Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(PC) Empyrean: Railjack Mission and Difficulty Feedback Megathread

SilverBones

Why is the first mission at a such absurdly high level while your railjack is at like level less than zero?

Seriously? This isn't fun....my all level 30 archwings with maxed mods gets wrecked and oneshooted contantly. What is the reason for that absurd difficult on the very first mission with a such weak railjack, even a level 30 archwing has zero against just one enemy on the first mission? What is the meaning of that "free mission" when there're zero enemies to leveling up or collecting resources? I bought mods and upgraderables on the market to my railjack, despite that I still gets absolutely wrecked! 

What is the meaning behind that abysmal design choice of restricting the amount of usage of "omni" for repairing the damage on your ship, you gets zero resources which you gathered during the mission when you fails the mission (you gets nothing from that free mission), so I'm for currently sitting on only 50 in my omni, since I has already used all my railjack resources....This is hopeless! Only the final phase of Profittaker Orb is worser, or equally as bad (but it's quite a while since the last try for me) than Railjack IMO.

I hope that gyros gets added to the Switch version soon, it's so brutal to returning the non-gyro control for aiming, it's almost impossible. Gyro aiming is IMO the biggest gamechanger ever, seriously it's so amazing, there is zero precision in aiming without the gyro aiming (ir the mouse for PC), so to being stripped off that function isn't that fun. I bet that it's so much easier then with the gyros....

EDIT: Sorry that all my 3 posts here are just negatives, but Warframe has so much potential, so I really wants that they fixes allt hose problems!

Edited by (NSW)friffe66

The level and stats of foot soldiers are set WAY too high.  Outside of railjack I have no problems dispatching level 100 enemies, but the level 85 enemies in railjack take 5-10 times the effort.  It appears this has been done to force everyone to play at the absolute minmaxer elitist extreme.  Creating content to force this style is not the answer to "this is too easy". 

There are several opt-out options for these people: 1) play solo  2) stop using mods  3) stop using top tier equipment.  If the only way you can have fun is to run around as Oberon with a Lato and Skana then go for it, but don't force me to do the same.

Stop the power creep and let us average players have our fun.

So I have a Ghost clan. Collecting every resource possible for Railjack is possible, but far from efficient, especially where other (public) players are concerned. not everyone wants to farm at the end of a mission.

I want to raise three points with this post:

1.) preventing a "public player" (not the captain) from choosing missions, returning to the dojo etc.

2.) Allowing a player to quit after mission completion and retain everything a player has earned up to that point.

3.) Using Distilling Extractors and Titan Extractors To do the farming resource work while the mission is in progress with a risk mechanic to where the Extractor might be destroyed if undefended or lacking modifications "mods" to help ensure their survival. To expand the one dimensional aspect of extractors and give them actual importance and help Warframe start conveying a sense of integration.

I think that the first two points are self-explanatory, so I will be mainly talking about the third point, which if DE has not already thought about this already I'd be disappointed. Extractors would go hand in hand with the Empyrean Mode excellently. Their very concept and inclusion to RJ is nearly a no-brainer. Countless times that I have been mining solo post-mission I was thinking about this doing resource cleanup. "Why not have extractors do this?" Deploy them at the beginning of the level,  assume they take some risk in being destroyed.

There seems to be a recurring issue with objective markers not showing up properly on multi-objective missions.  Flying around the map looking for the pulse turbine or whatever for 10 minutes gets pretty tedious.  It doesn't seem to be distance-related, since I've flown right up to the door on multiple occasions without ever seeing a marker.

9 hours ago, (PS4)PanserKunst said:

Allowing a player to quit after mission completion and retain everything a player has earned up to that point.

You can leave once the mission is done, it doesn’t tell you what you’ve got but many people have tested and say it gives you everything.

Edited by (XB1)DA ZACHYZACHY

12 hours ago, MithrilDragon said:

The level and stats of foot soldiers are set WAY too high.  Outside of railjack I have no problems dispatching level 100 enemies, but the level 85 enemies in railjack take 5-10 times the effort.  It appears this has been done to force everyone to play at the absolute minmaxer elitist extreme.  Creating content to force this style is not the answer to "this is too easy". 

There are several opt-out options for these people: 1) play solo  2) stop using mods  3) stop using top tier equipment.  If the only way you can have fun is to run around as Oberon with a Lato and Skana then go for it, but don't force me to do the same.

Stop the power creep and let us average players have our fun.

Because enemy numbers were reduced, Enemy health was bumped up extremely high. They should definitely drop it down a bit, but it’s still a good thing to make boarding parties more dangerous than 1 shot things that put a hole in your wall.

The point of them being so strong is to push for teamwork, your 1-2 repair men will need to fight to keep the Railjack alive. You do not in anyway need to use the meta (whatever it is), you just need to remember then veil enemies are meant to actually be challenging and that your mk1 braton maybe isn’t the best choice. Just get a decent gun with a good build, maybe a riven (if you want) and shred.

On 2020-01-20 at 10:16 AM, (NSW)friffe66 said:

Why is the first mission at a such absurdly high level while your railjack is at like level less than zero?

Seriously? This isn't fun....my all level 30 archwings with maxed mods gets wrecked and oneshooted contantly. What is the reason for that absurd difficult on the very first mission with a such weak railjack, even a level 30 archwing has zero against just one enemy on the first mission? What is the meaning of that "free mission" when there're zero enemies to leveling up or collecting resources? I bought mods and upgraderables on the market to my railjack, despite that I still gets absolutely wrecked! 

What is the meaning behind that abysmal design choice of restricting the amount of usage of "omni" for repairing the damage on your ship, you gets zero resources which you gathered during the mission when you fails the mission (you gets nothing from that free mission), so I'm for currently sitting on only 50 in my omni, since I has already used all my railjack resources....This is hopeless! Only the final phase of Profittaker Orb is worser, or equally as bad (but it's quite a while since the last try for me) than Railjack IMO.

I hope that gyros gets added to the Switch version soon, it's so brutal to returning the non-gyro control for aiming, it's almost impossible. Gyro aiming is IMO the biggest gamechanger ever, seriously it's so amazing, there is zero precision in aiming without the gyro aiming (ir the mouse for PC), so to being stripped off that function isn't that fun. I bet that it's so much easier then with the gyros....

EDIT: Sorry that all my 3 posts here are just negatives, but Warframe has so much potential, so I really wants that they fixes allt hose problems!

The first mission is laughably easy, it’s not hard to solo it. We are talking about the sane mission, right?

REMEMBER these two things before you say you get wrecked playing solo and flying in archwing:

- It’s meant to be played Co-op (not forced at all, it’s not too hard to solo - and command Intrinsics are coming)

- Archwings are not how you are supposed to play, of course you get wrecked! It’s a armoured Railjack from back in the Orokin era vs some flying jet pack.

Omni Ammo can be built in your ships foundry, and the point of limiting it is so that you don’t abuse the catastrophic failures as infinite immunity to damage.

The free roam is to get you used to flying and nothing else, sadly.

On 2020-01-14 at 9:31 AM, Nua2V said:

Is it intentional that only the host can use navigation after finishing a railjack mission? The last time I played, our host died, so it was impossible for us, to return to the dry dock, so we had to abort the mission after completing it.

Well, the host decided to be fair and left the mission, so at least the rest of us could leave without loosing our rewards. But still, I don't think this is optimal...

Pretty sure when you leave after mission completion, you still keep everything even though the UI says you don’t, it’s a big that really has to be fixed

8 hours ago, (XB1)DA ZACHYZACHY said:

Pretty sure when you leave after mission completion, you still keep everything even though the UI says you don’t, it’s a big that really has to be fixed

Yes. They need a graceful "Leave Squad" option because the very notion of hitting "Abort Mission" is entirely wrong from a UI/UX perspective. 

I agree with DE Scott's surprise that "Too much difficulty" was present much at all in the polls. Anyway, I wanted to reinforce that I like how tanky the enemies are in Railjack. However, I will say it's better to have this much tankiness when all 4 players are together rolling through the map. When you are all split up (one guy piloting, one guy engineering, one or two boarding) then the tankiness is not being put to it's best use - when all 4 players are combined and the enemies live long enough for CC and support to actually be useful. If 4 players go full damage, sure, they can still melt the enemies fast - I mean a well built melee weapon can OHKO a level 90 Exo Heavy Gunner/Captain and a veteran player can solo through all of the Railjack content, even without a supporting party, but still, any move that gets closer to where supporting team players are not trivialized because the content is trivially easy to mow through, is a good move in my opinion. 

• Like 1

On 2019-12-19 at 8:16 AM, RayPerth said:

I wish there's a way for host to toggle control of ship skills for gunner and resource refinement, because I have experienced some troll using up all of the flux energy, munitions and dome charge on purpose in public match, it rarely happen but it happens.

and there's pilot problem, once they have taken over they can do what ever they want and there's nothing you can do to stop them, worst case they can fail the mission if they refine the resource and bring the ship to suicide.

I have encountered this same issue.

You don't even know who is wasting your resources. 😞

For the average players like me in Veil Proxima 90 Fighters, 6 Crewships and a side Objective Mission are a lot of time to do! Sometimes when you are 1 or 2 players you can't even make it and you fail badly!
Let's say you have a very good RailJack, which not everyone have right now, and a good Crewmembers, whom you won't find easily, you can destroy the Fighters in 4 seconds and the Crewships in 20 seconds plus the side objective missions in like 1 or 2 min all takes you plus 10 minutes, which is twice as long as almost every mission in this game can be finished in that time! Now don't ask me how long it takes when you don't have that super Railjack and Crewmembers, you know that better than me! My advice will be like 60 Fighters and 4 Crewships or when there is only 2 guys 30 Fighters and 2 Crewships, when more players joins then the numbers go higher to max 60 Fighters and 4 Crewships!

I make a topic about this every once in a while  but when are we geting a reactor drop increas or change ?

the capacity is a crushial part in the moding and powers of your railjack and its locked behind a reactor power and grind wall  that making it a limitation in the game.  warframes and archwings dont need a component to have there mod capacity or powers why should railjack this part of railjack makes playing not fun and a extreamly anoying grindy choure just to be able to mod your railjack or use a its powers.   

Can you please change this to make railjacks just like warframes and archwings ?  it would reduce the grind and make playing railjack more fun.

We need a Gunner Sensitivity Setting.

Railjack Look and Aim Sensitivity Settings only affect Pilot sit's sensitivity while Gunner sits are taking the normal on-foot Look and Aim Sensitivity.

It's really hard for me to be an effective gunner since Warframe is the only game that I play with such high sensitivity because of Aim Gliding specially.

Edited by 0meg4x
  • Like 1

1) Can you guys make this change to the Elite Cutters in Later RJ Grineer missions?ImageIt's really upsetting that we can just shoot down every single rockets before it even arrives at us from these these enemies. I'd love to see the Autoguns that the Cutters use put back into use on the Elite Cutters because

- They don't have long travel time

-You can't just do a simple vector maneuver to dodge every rocket

-The autoguns sound and feel more intense than the homing rockets the Elite Cutters use. And I feel they're more iconic.

-The homing rockets deal barely any damage to your Railjack, it feels kinda pointless. 

The Elite Cutters with homing rockets are just so easy to deal with than the non-ELite cutters with autoguns. After a certain point Railjack feels way too easy imo when we dealt with all the Crewships. I really want this change because it's really boring to just shoot down all the rockets that the Elite CUtters shoot at you immediately without travel any distance. It all feels so empty and redundant.

At least the Autoguns that the non-Elite cutters use actually put some pressure on you and you can't just shoot and dodge their attacks easily. Really makes the experience feels more alive. 

2) Please make Railjack ramsled boarders actually deal some damage to your ship when they're inside shooting around? 

It'd bring another level of intensity to Railjack, They just don't seem to do anything except being a lil annoying. Perhaps make it so that if they stick around after a certain amount of time, maybe like 30s, the ship will go into Catastrophic Failure instantly so you have to deal with them as soon as possible. 

Edited by SprinKah

I've been playing Solo RJ for a couple days now.  For the most part, I love it! Victories feel hard-fought and rewarding. But all of my most frustrating failures have been for the same reason. Not bugs or difficulty, but Cy's refusal to tell me about catastrophic ruptures in the hull. He seems much more intent on complaining about the campfires than the SHIP DESTROYING HOLE. Sometimes I only happen to notice the timer with 20 seconds left by pure chance when I see how I'm doing on the objective. I should be panicking from flashing red lights all around me, not saying "Oh, I guess I should fix that... eventually". Cy should be yelling about it 2-3 times, even if I'm not on the ship. This is my biggest complaint with all of Empyrean. 

I like the missions and farming lots of stuff for the wreckage solo but, there are some people who randomly joins me and keeps wasting all my abilities (flux energy) and Missiles. And i'm thinking about a feature about locking teammates from using abilities and missiles since it's legit getting annoying. although i need someone to repair and collect other items in the mission, so i can't set the team mode solo.

What you do or do not like:
Grineer fighter radio chatter. 

Why you do or do not like it:
+ It adds to immersion. 
- It can be distracting to have irrelevant chatter compete with vital in-railjack alerts.

And what you would like to see differently:
Allow players to toggle Grineer radio chatter.

Can you guys reduce the time betwen anomalies it realy anoying whating 2 houres then you have 30 minuts to compleat the anomaly and everything else to try and do the anomaly again but you usualy dont have time to do another one so you half to whate 2 more houres to do another one 

Id sugest 30 minuts betwen anonalyes so after 30 minuts of doing the anomaly you whate another 30 minuts and can do it again or just take the timer out entierly and make it into a purmanent space set 

i run 10-20 veil missions a day when possible to hide from wife kids work lol....not the easiest task. regardless id run into plenty of the bugs n issues that r all over the forums. ive put in 37 since update and the major ones i experienced daily are all gone. im sure theres still things to refine and ppl still having issues but i wanted to take a minute to say well done on the fixes to rj. now hopefully well get SOMETHING TO DO soon. i think rj has a huge upside limited only by factors i dont see DE beholden too...i expect the new war and beyond to be sweet af....dont forget to keep us in the loop.😁

On 2020-01-31 at 9:46 PM, (NSW)Cougarduke said:

I've been playing Solo RJ for a couple days now.  For the most part, I love it! Victories feel hard-fought and rewarding. But all of my most frustrating failures have been for the same reason. Not bugs or difficulty, but Cy's refusal to tell me about catastrophic ruptures in the hull. He seems much more intent on complaining about the campfires than the SHIP DESTROYING HOLE. Sometimes I only happen to notice the timer with 20 seconds left by pure chance when I see how I'm doing on the objective. I should be panicking from flashing red lights all around me, not saying "Oh, I guess I should fix that... eventually". Cy should be yelling about it 2-3 times, even if I'm not on the ship. This is my biggest complaint with all of Empyrean. 

this is a big problem I have too. CY seems to priorities screaming at you to repair minor issues, and doesn't put nearly as much importance on catastrophic failures and boarding parties. cy shouldn't even need to inform you about minor damage after the first time, they're marked on the map, you can see them plain as day, maybe consolidate all his warnings into one "please repair the ship" message so he doesnt go through 3 different sets of diloge before telling your ship's about to explose 10 seconds before it happens. You know what you cant tell at a glance to you map? if there are enemies present. the railjack should have ship wide enemy sense, and cy should have repeat warning messages about them. He needs to shut up about the minor damages that are barely even worth the revolite to repair 90% of the time.

Can we have enemies designed to be harder?

I think it's really weird that Grineer will board a vessel that they know the Tenno are on, but have no defense against their abilities. The other 3 factions have methods to protect themselves against frame abilities but the Grineer do not.

I know I might be in the minority, but they're pretty easy to fight and I'd hate to think that they're going to be made easier because some people find them hard.

EDIT: Also the Void Hole battle ability is extremely strong. It's pretty overpowered in that you can basically launch one, throw out a (1) missile, and now that everything is dead you just pick up all the wreckage sitting in one spot.

Edited by SpringRocker

17 hours ago, SpringRocker said:

Can we have enemies designed to be harder?

I think it's really weird that Grineer will board a vessel that they know the Tenno are on, but have no defense against their abilities. The other 3 factions have methods to protect themselves against frame abilities but the Grineer do not.

I know I might be in the minority, but they're pretty easy to fight and I'd hate to think that they're going to be made easier because some people find them hard.

EDIT: Also the Void Hole battle ability is extremely strong. It's pretty overpowered in that you can basically launch one, throw out a (1) missile, and now that everything is dead you just pick up all the wreckage sitting in one spot.

Dont be asking any nerfs of voidhole thats what many people use to try and get reactors <( realy anoying to get and takes hours even days to get the purfect one with a 4% chance and random stats) and other battle avionics <( also realy anoying to get) in the vail solo 

• Like 1