Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(PC) Empyrean: Railjack Mission and Difficulty Feedback Megathread

SilverBones

Just now, (XB1)ShadowBlood89 said:

wow....... you even posted this thread spamed message here too.
i understand you hate the rng of the rng for a cosmetic but your not helping anyone by doing this

I just want it to reach DE so that they do something about it... I just wanna complete my collection and I know many of them like me, in the community 

4 minutes ago, EzioTheEagle said:

I just want it to reach DE so that they do something about it... I just wanna complete my collection and I know many of them like me, in the community 

yes but the way your going at it with 2 forum topics then post here than make a 3rd topic on it, does nothing but bug the forum mods an players.
there are people that are actually get a team togather to work in separate instances to find the rare containers by scanning the normal ones so they show green an not the rare ones so it shows orange.
they go an run through the ship if dont find one by the end aborts an heads back in till someone on team finds a rare an leaves it alone till everyone is in the ship to get the reward.

so stop complaining an do something more productive before you start spaming useless topics 

7 minutes ago, (XB1)ShadowBlood89 said:

yes but the way your going at it with 2 forum topics then post here than make a 3rd topic on it, does nothing but bug the forum mods an players.
there are people that are actually get a team togather to work in separate instances to find the rare containers by scanning the normal ones so they show green an not the rare ones so it shows orange.
they go an run through the ship if dont find one by the end aborts an heads back in till someone on team finds a rare an leaves it alone till everyone is in the ship to get the reward.

so stop complaining an do something more productive before you start spaming useless topics 

That's not a solution for the problem definitely... The grind is still painful with lots of rng layers, the basic grind mechanism needs to be changed 

This is forum so I am stating my views.. Be it complaints or rants about useless topics, being a part of community I can do that.. Why are u opposing me I din get it.. Its clearly not that u do productive stuffs all the time, do u? 

Please allow feedback to go through. Please start listening to your player base again like you used to. Please start listening to your content creators. You have so many of them who are willing to help just because they love this game.

Random people I've met/traded with in the game have told me that the game is in trouble, because nothing anyone ever says gets through your filters and to the developers. 

Please take the issues this game is currently facing seriously. 

The last two updates have been incredibly frustrating. 

I don't even mind the bugs in RJ, to be honest. But the grind and RNG are pure insanity. 

I'm incredibly frustrated right now, so here are my two cents: Different/alternative ways of acquiring good avionics would be greatly appreciated. It would still keep us all from completing the content immediately and would encourage us to play the game more, if there was a way to buy/build them/upgrade them with dirac or something lse. Currently the farm/grind will only result in burnout. 

Thank you. 

1-Make a most of mission with a crewship

Try to kill all spaceship in a mission while in a crewship become very complicated in high level missions. The elit spaceship recover their life while the crewship provide few damages. Kill  a crewship while pilot another crewship is impossible.

Pilot a crewship instead of the railjack is the way to finish a mission when alone. Particulary, when you do a mission with a sentient spaceship because you can hide your railjack easily close to the sentient one. This is common situation because players used to abort they mission when there is no shedu part in the sentient spaceship.

It takes a very long time to finish a mission but it give a alternative way to achieve it. Pilot a crewship should be a way to do amission but it become inefficient in high level missions.

2-Bug: Problem with weapons equips

Sometime, the archwing weapon become the main weapon. I have notice it after the entrance in a sentient spaceship. There is no way to change it except dying.

There are many others weapons bugs like:

a- I have my main weapon while in archwings.

b-My archwing's melee or distant  weapons still appear while in the railjack. This is only a graphic bug.

3-Bug: Weapon's mods are away

Sometime, the weapons is consider with no mods. It happens when you start a railjack mission, you go in the slingshoot and attack a crewship. You can have all mods of the weapons off. It become quickly difficult to break the reactor!!! The problem persist during all the time of the mission.

Remark: If you have a fight in the railjack before with Greener; you will not have such problem.

4-The Officier of the crewship has a "heavy armor"

I am a Rank 28 player and I used to attack the crewship with Nezha that provide a very good control again greener.

So, I have no problem to attack a crewship but I have notice that the offcier of the crewship have a heavy armor that may become a real problem for many players. If it is suppose to be a small boss it  is not really fun and need a own skin instead of those of a heavy gunner. It seens to be much more armored than others members from the spaceship.

5-Missions

Mission type is good but we need new type of missions. It become boring. Actually; I am just waiting for a mission with sentient spaceship even if i am 6-7-8-6.

I am use to let my Railjack to the dojo and join a mission from my orbiter because it is more critical to help the pilot that pilot the railjack. I have more chance to finish the mission.

6-Archwings

Fight with an archwing provide few damage again Greener spaceship. So; they are not really usefull in the fight. This  seems not to be the objective of this new game's play. A railljack have mod only for archwing, but by now, they are not interesting.

7-New interface for Railjack's mod.

Well, this interface is beautifull but it is not end-user friendly.

a) I used to unslot a mod when I want to compare with others. This is bad.

b) I cannot upgrade a mod while I want to choose my mods.

c) It is very difficult to compare two similars mods or simulate and upgrade like in the legacy mod mamagement interface

d) It is difficult to find a mod. I have to search with  text search interface all the time because I cannot recognize two mods except by this name or description.

e) Bronze, Silver and Gold was a good way to recognize mods.  it is very very difficult navigate in RJ's mods. A Symbols for mod can means a better for a particalar mod and worse for another. This is not end user friendly.

f) I don't want to be rude with you DE but;I think you have take time to have a mod management interface usefull for the warframe and weapons; you should enhance it instead of have two different one.

8-Mission menu

If you have choose the railjack map; you still have the usually menu bar for others missions. You can select a common mission (like invasions) but nothing happens. This is not end-user friendly!. Make this menu bar disappear or let it active.

9-Compagnion life time again sentients.

This is not a bug but compagnions have a really short life time with sentient because of the sentient radial attack. This is not really a great problem but it seens that it not the goal. Compagnion become quickly unusefull. So, secret cache will not be discover by many player because they will not see hidden ressource uselly identified bey their compagnions. If we have to fight sentient more and more; it would be great htt our compagnion continue to be usefull.

10-Railjack missions and Intrinsics rank progression

You have set up an exponential progression for intrinsics rank and rank requirement for missions. It used to be a bad idea. many games choose this mechanism in the past and fail because of it. I can give you the example: the reboot of The Secret World has been a fail because this mechanism create a montain that become a wall. People stop to play. Others new player doesn't find people to play with because old player used to play in zone that provide more ressources for levelling. In fact; the progression inside the game should be provide by a time to play a content and the share of mission between old and new players. The first version of  The Secret World Game used to mixed veteran players with rocky players; the second very split players and this become a fail.

So, beware that new player can continue to player with veteran user. I will help my friend to start the game but i would like he can come in mine alos even if it is more difficult for him.

Railjack missions need a Railjack (6 million credit) and more than one players to acheive the mission. This is a main requirement. If you add requirement based on actual intrinsics rank; there is a risk that a new player doesn't find a way to progress inside this content in the future because most of the community play only in high level missions or other type of missions.

I would like to share and rent my railjack so that other people can play. At least others members of my dojo.

Edited by Telfaroth

The railjack guns and battle avionics could stand balancing (the ability to armor strip being required should the Roar thing be fixed), but overall I like the mode.  Engineer is especially fun although I would like the tactical grid upgrades to apply properly and for there to be more tactical avionics.  Using WF abilities with the tactical menu seems pretty useless.  The combat is fun, but there could be more varied enemies and mission types.  Loot/XP needs to be shared regardless of the mission so everyone doesn't have to go into the sentient ship and stealth killing isn't a solo endeavor.  Putting the drops from the sentient caches into actual railjack mission rewards would also be welcome.

"Intrinsic points can no longer be gained once all available Intrinsics are maxed out. If you are already above the maximum, your additional points have not been lost. "

This is not good, it makes farming becomes meaningless. What if we wanna save some points for future updates?

• Like 1

vor 3 Stunden schrieb HeartPurity:

"Intrinsic points can no longer be gained once all available Intrinsics are maxed out. If you are already above the maximum, your additional points have not been lost. "

This is not good, it makes farming becomes meaningless. What if we wanna save some points for future updates?

Yes. I'm having that problem right now. Hit 10 10 10 10 yesterday. Now I can't earn any new Intrinsics, so there is no reason for me to keep playing RJ at all until Command is out. I got everything I want (Reactor, Avionics etc.) for my RJ, so if i got crap at the end off my missions I at least had some Intrinsics for later. Now I can't prepare in advance anymore because of this change. So I got bullied out of playing WF... Great work DE. 

Edited by Maddogg999
Some additions and rewording.

I am a solo player who also plays with a crew half the time. 

I am running a full set of Sigma mk3, I have many core avionics maxed out(hull, armor, turret damage, etc) and my avionic slots are rank 2 and above. I have my intrinsics at 5 or above. I can solo up to the later stages of Saturn. My crew made it to the Veil and after seeing the difficulty, were turned off and won't play with me now.

I find the difficulty very disheartening. 

Here is the TL;DR: Enemy scaling combined with core RJ mechanics causes an awkward shoot out in which my crew never stresses about dying and instead creates a grindy bullet sponge elimination simulator in which the fun aspects of ship combat are negated.

Here's the breakdown:

Enemy scaling turns the combat into a complete drag at higher levels. The game difficulty progresses from fast paced action(really fun!) in the lower levels to stat checking bullet sponging in the higher levels(mundane and bleah). Here are some issues with the difficulty:

• My crew has found that turrets are pretty useless. Sure we can pound a elite fighter with a barrage of Apoc Mk3 and dink for half health, or we can just fire a Tycho missle and wait for the reload time to move to the next fighter. We now run pulsar cannons simply to screw with enemy flight, not because we can do damage with them. So much of the combat is based on waiting for missiles to respawn and spamming seeker swarms. Its dreadfully dull especially for gunners. This ties into the next point.
  • Large Health pools for enemy and player ships creates slow standoffs. Evasive flying? meh. Granted you are limited by resources, its much easier to just take the hits, repair hull breaches and abuse immortality. 60 seconds to catastrophic failure? My crew hears "45 seconds of invincibility". even then, My ship is incredibly tanky and take a serious bruising before we have to worry about repairs. We have learned to juggle repairs so our pilot can focus on spamming missiles and giving the artillery gunner a firing angle. If we do use turrets, it creates slow standoffs of emptying tons of fire to kill a single unit, its not helpful. 
  •  Enemy infantry are WAY WAY WAY to tanky. I remember back in the era of Grineer supremacy, right around when Soma Christ, wrath of Hayden Tenno was added to our arsenal. Around that time Grineer were acknowledged as snowballing way to quick with their armor values and a changes were made to lower the kill times to help keep the pacing of the game fast. These grineer units must be from that era because they are godly tanky. I have God-tier rivens for weapons like tombfinger, lex, corinth, vectis, sepfan, braton. They are useless past lvl 70. It is incredibly unfun as a player to have enemies capable of killing you in less than a second when you need to empty magazines into them. My crew has to rely on gimmick builds to clean out infantry such as Chroma-Rubico Meta builds or spamming Ash Fatal Teleport builds. This greatly throttles game play options for players and makes an awkward imbalance of killtimes that saps the fun out of playing
  • Archwing is useless. Players are saying this and I'll repeat it. You die in one hit majority of the time and your guns are garbo against them. Intrinsics buff archwing at rank 7 or 8? Whats the point? Past the first couple of missions on Earth, archwing is literal suicide for anything other than bee-line transportation from crewship raiding. Its also really frustrating to die as soon as spawning in as archwing. They kill us as soon as we exit a crew ship or the rail jack. Enemy's weapons have an overly generous hitbox and have perfect aim. We can use blink and evasive tactics but it does nothing to save us beyond a few extra seconds. 
  • Resource pickups are a pain in the ass. Please for the love of everything holy, make resources an insta pick up upon kill or make them very visible from long range(500-1000m please). When enemies kill your archwing in one shot, you dont have time strut around in space. Also, 99% of pilots fly up. And then more up. Up Up Up. Tracking down resources is so hard when you have no point of reference like an asteroid or wreckage. This makes the Engineer's life hell for crafting need supplies.

Now, I've said all of this crtical feedback, I need to make one point clear: This is potentially my favorite gamemode in Warframe. I grew up on games like Descent or Elite Dangerous. So this is amazing, and Warframe invigorates space combat with the infantry aspect not present in most space flight games. This is awesome and I am really looking forward to its development. 

Also for those who aren't aware, you CAN invest in intrinsics without owning a ship. My crew does it just fine. Use the main menu >profile >intrinics path to reach it. 

• Like 3

1) All these cool hotfixes and bugfixes to warframe recent update to Empyrean but I'm gonna be honest, THIS is literally all that I want in RJ right now, dead serious.

This is probably my most sought after change, it's just that I love the Cutter's autoguns that go all rapid DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA instead of the pew pew homing pebbles that Elite Cutters currently shoot out. Keep the flares, that'd be the Elite Cutters' upgrade from the non-elite ones. Like the Shield on Elite Flak or electric rockets from Elite Taktis. A bit silly but I think that's fair. I'd love this because honestly, imo, it just feels more...intense. 

2) WOuld be cool if Ramsled boarders actually damage your ship from the inside, I see them shooting around the ship but they don't actually deal any damage, I have tried leaving the boarders alive while I was using the bathroom and still, a while later, my ship's still intact. I think it'd pump up the pace and intensity of Railjack up.

3) Make Catastrophic Failure instead of 60s, make it a lot less, like 15s? I just feel like 60s is a bit too forgiving, if anything it gives players a 60s of invulnerability, it's a bit silly in my opinion. Catastrophic Failure should force players to instantly get on their bum and fix the huge hole on their ship immediately, not wait around for 40-50s of free invulnerability. That's my opinion. 

Components of Railjack in reward table 4%+Huge RND range(over 60)?

This just a kidding. right?

This is insanely worse.

If want huge RND range to sustainable play to farming components, then need over 20% of reward table at least.

If you want Low chance to sustainable play to farming components, then need RND range are under 10% of base stat at least.

4% + huge RND range?

No joke.

I don't post much, but I've got a little bit of feedback in regards to the vacuum ranges while in my railjack/archwing. The range at which you pick stuff up feels incredibly small. I was able to get my hands on a Particle Ram, and I notice that it breaks things open outside of my vacuum range. While looking at the ram from outside the railjack it doesn't seem like all that much distance, though I know it's "bigger than it appears" due to relativity. I can miss getting loot in my archwing if I don't physically pass through it. I can miss getting loot in my railjack if it's literally IN my viewscreen and I turn. Let me attach some screenshots to show you what I mean.

Oh look, I found some loot! But it's too far away for me to pick up...05277F462712EAD0FB5747AB0741AAFC0C3CEA83

I'll get a bit closer.EAFDC0D81448395119C69ECCDC659A975A160A2C

This isn't close enough? Okay...CBE8AD8507D186EAACF7C2322F9287DFFC2A56CBSurely I should be able to get it now?71A15C3A28EAB1858455E56809108D6BD48E5A3D

Okay, this is #*!%ing ridiculous. It's practically behind me and I still can't loot it. Please boost our vacuum ranges! A railjack should be able to tractor beam loot in from several ship lengths away pretty easily.

I'm not sure what happened in last patch, but now it's literally unplayable in solo, it's just wasting my time. Thank you for the opportunity to play railjack, but i guess i'll wait for AI/NPC crew and i'd kindly ask you to fix your S#&$.

4 hours ago, Zykk said:

I don't post much, but I've got a little bit of feedback in regards to the vacuum ranges while in my railjack/archwing. The range at which you pick stuff up feels incredibly small. I was able to get my hands on a Particle Ram, and I notice that it breaks things open outside of my vacuum range. While looking at the ram from outside the railjack it doesn't seem like all that much distance, though I know it's "bigger than it appears" due to relativity. I can miss getting loot in my archwing if I don't physically pass through it. I can miss getting loot in my railjack if it's literally IN my viewscreen and I turn. Let me attach some screenshots to show you what I mean.

Oh look, I found some loot! But it's too far away for me to pick up...05277F462712EAD0FB5747AB0741AAFC0C3CEA83

I'll get a bit closer.EAFDC0D81448395119C69ECCDC659A975A160A2C

This isn't close enough? Okay...CBE8AD8507D186EAACF7C2322F9287DFFC2A56CBSurely I should be able to get it now?71A15C3A28EAB1858455E56809108D6BD48E5A3D

Okay, this is #*!%ing ridiculous. It's practically behind me and I still can't loot it. Please boost our vacuum ranges! A railjack should be able to tractor beam loot in from several ship lengths away pretty easily.

resources cannot pick up when your railjack cargo is full.

Damage needs an increase and or enemies need need a speed reduction. With all the flight speed on projectiles Plus the heat mechanic you spend more time missing then hitting while being gunner. Top that with kill 90 fighters? Time to kill is crazy for what that objective ask for. At this current time there’s not a point where you feel powerful. You just feel “tolerable”.  

and economy of wreckage build. The time it takes to get resources, build a gun for instance and do just ok isn’t ok.

please take a serious look into this. 

I have enjoyed Railjack, but I feel that it needs a lot more work. The resource droprates seem to be much better since the last update and difficulty wise, it is challenging and fun, unlike those ABOMINATION Grendel missions. *Cough FIX IT cough*

In all seriousness. The new veil mission with the sentient ship takes too long to spawn and it is there for a way too short time.

I wouldn't mind the wait or even the amount of time that it is there if it was not for the newest fad of four friends that go in solo each to go directly for the sentient ship to scope the loot, but then one forgets to put his/her options on for INVITE/FRIEND ONLY or maybe even SOLO if you want to steal the opportunity of other players who may spawn into the missions midway through your sentient massacre and denying them the sweet chance for those coveted Shedu parts or whatever else is in there.

Yes, I could probably go SOLO but I enjoy the PUBLIC GROUP setting. I don't have a lot of friends who play warframe at the same time as myself and would like for PUBLIC GROUPS to cause me ZERO anxiety like they did before the new hack to farm the Sentient ship. I have now grown to hate the once beloved community that no longer just plays for fun.

I wish you could make the ship a spawn in any VEIL mission during a certain time and only AFTER ALL objectives are done as to stop this community from making me wish terrible things upon them.

Thank you.

Edited by TheResilience

On 2019-12-12 at 2:12 PM, [DE]Bear said:

Empyrean: Railjack Mission and Difficulty Feedback Megathread

Use this megathread to post all of your mission-based feedback for Railjack. This can include enemies, the mission mode itself, difficulty level and anything that falls into the mission modes overall.

Please remember to keep your feedback civil, constructive and succinct. It doesn’t help us find issues or know what you enjoy if you do not explain clearly what you do or do not like, why you do or do not like it, and what you would like to see differently if you dislike a system.

Have fun, and let us know what you think!

Hi [DE] Bear, HAPPY NEW YEAR!! I'd like to speak on the side turrets for railjack,  someone stated that when you're on those that your view becomes without obstructions but my experience on others railjack's is when the ship turns the railjack turrets side view is a problem you end up seeing the sides of the railjack.  If you can't see the enemies you can't kill them. Also the quantities of materials to repair upgrades for our railjack's are through the roof is there something that can be done? Bear may I ask you also about the possibility of implementing a prompt to scrap duplicates as far as the railjack avionics? That would help us tremendously so that we don't miss out on great upgrades we acquire while in railjack missions. Thanks so very much to ALL of you that make this game ROCK!!!!!!!!!!

I just want to give my two cents about archwing gameplay in railjack.

I don't totally dislike it, but after trying a lot of archwing weapons, I can say that a lot of them have projectiles too slow for the fast enemies darting everywhere. Melee is out of the question too. So that makes a lot of weapons unusable in this game mod.

I don't seem to do much damage, perhaps it's just my mods, I don't know, distance seems to be a factor which is weird in space.

On the other hand the enemies can pack a punch, and the damage of crewships is through the roof. I'd like to see what killed me too, sometimes I seem to be clipped by shots I don't see.

• Like 1

The difficulty is fine. What has to be done...and I mean HAS to be done is to let the pilot control who gets to use the resources that are not unlimited. In almost every mission there is some player that just wastes ordnance on things that die easily enough with turrets. This costs a ton of resources for everyone else for no reason at all. 

Man... you know what would be amazing, that would ACTUALLY make it feel like the Empyrean system connects everything? Have a dev-side 'map' of the different railjack missions overlayed on the base planet, and then just map lines from all the planetary nodes to their closest proxima node (for example, Cambria and Gaia link to the Rian Belt, and Pacific links to Sover Strait)
Then, in game, actually have clearly labeled opt-in 'extraction zones' pointed at either planets or orbital capital ships off in the distance that correspond to those normal planetary nodes. We fly our railjack into that node's extraction area after the proxima mission is complete, and the pilot gets a button prompt to engage that mission - you select yes, and get a cutscene of Cy dropping you off via planetary/galleon flyby, and then you're in the normal planetary mission as though you'd selected it from your normal orbiter nav console - the difference is, once you complete the mission, you get sent back to a Free Flight empyrean session rather than your orbiter, and you can select and fly to new missions immediately, the same way we can already hop between railjack proxima nodes
As an added bonus - you could give us a gearwheel item that lets us deploy a pickup beacon, so that if we're in a normal planetary mission that we started from our orbiter, we can end it by getting picked up by our railjack instead of our lander

This freedom to hop from system to system, this fluidity... THAT is what would make Empyrean the truly connective system it was described as originally.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, DaraSilverDragon said:

Man... you know what would be amazing, that would ACTUALLY make it feel like the Empyrean system connects everything? Have a dev-side 'map' of the different railjack missions overlayed on the base planet, and then just map lines from all the planetary nodes to their closest proxima node (for example, Cambria and Gaia link to the Rian Belt, and Pacific links to Sover Strait)
Then, in game, actually have clearly labeled opt-in 'extraction zones' pointed at either planets or orbital capital ships off in the distance that correspond to those normal planetary nodes. We fly our railjack into that node's extraction area after the proxima mission is complete, and the pilot gets a button prompt to engage that mission - you select yes, and get a cutscene of Cy dropping you off via planetary/galleon flyby, and then you're in the normal planetary mission as though you'd selected it from your normal orbiter nav console - the difference is, once you complete the mission, you get sent back to a Free Flight empyrean session rather than your orbiter, and you can select and fly to new missions immediately, the same way we can already hop between railjack proxima nodes
As an added bonus - you could give us a gearwheel item that lets us deploy a pickup beacon, so that if we're in a normal planetary mission that we started from our orbiter, we can end it by getting picked up by our railjack instead of our lander

This freedom to hop from system to system, this fluidity... THAT is what would make Empyrean the truly connective system it was described as originally.

Yes, YES and YES!

I really like the railjack missions.. but..

Please can we leave the railjack at home?

i really like the dogfight style of the archwing and am enjoying that bit of it a lot!!

I'd rather play solo and i cant seem to get the railjack to sustain any more damage.. please if no one is on the railjack have an AI shoot the fighters or go in invulnerable mode.

cant be arsed playing it with a ship that is too slow, cant shoot, makes me dizzy flying and aims like a potato..

Also, why make the repair resources limited? i just wanna fix the damn can and get out there play some interesting archwing

Projectile flight speed on the imperator is terrible against the fighters, please adjust this acoordingly, so that when in persuit of a fighter, let me hit it, in stead it flying away from the projectiles i'm shooting

Thanks

Edited by THE_ZEEK