Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack and my struggle

(PSN)JaxyDarkwolf

Hey Tenno fam,

Am I the only one who is super possesive about my Railjack?
(probably because of how long it took me to gather all of the credits and resources to build it in the first place, not to mention funding the dry dock solo and nearly losing my damn mind).
I literally do not understand how in public games, one does not have the option to set it so that the person who owns said Railjack may be the only one who pilots it.
This makes sense to me at least. Or am I being crazy?

I get so frustrated with this, because if I host a game, I find others constantly trying to take the helm and should I want to briefly step away to do something else, then it just ends badly.
Every. Damn. Time.

Please for the love of god DE, how can this go on.

Edited by (PS4)JaxyDarkwolf

how this can going on? by going
unless you try to state for your squadmates that you will be the main pilot and they agree with that idea, probably everybody's role will keep changing at squad's will between boarder, enginner, pilot, gunner...

just remember that whatever they do, the ultimate goal is to avoid Railjack from being destroyed by major hull breach, beyond that, whatever methods used to play this mode are valid, just like any other normal mission

• Like 3

Last time i brought my Railjack in Public was when i had mostly MK lll parts. Before i had that and brought it int Public at the very early  part of Railjack, oh boy it wasn’t working well. Now, i would need to build Vidar Carcinnox to replace my Zekti one and my Railjack would be set for Public, planned Squad, or Solo. Maybe not the planned Squad since i haven’t modded my Railjack for Artillery.

Edited by GPrime96

22 minutes ago, Zeyez said:

how this can going on? by going
unless you try to state for your squadmates that you will be the main pilot and they agree with that idea, probably everybody's role will keep changing at squad's will between boarder, enginner, pilot, gunner...

just remember that whatever they do, the ultimate goal is to avoid Railjack from being destroyed by major hull breach, beyond that, whatever methods used to play this mode are valid, just like any other normal mission

I hear you, and maybe it is a good idea to state that I wann be the pilot at the beginning of the mission.

14 minutes ago, (PS4)JaxyDarkwolf said:

I literally do not understand how in public games

You open chat and type: "Hey, I'd really like to pilot the Railjack myself. I also specialized my Intrinsics in piloting, and my side turrets are great, so feel free to use them."

I was lucky enough to get a decent 82 capacity reactor, 

I host public, and just do things as if I was playing solo. 

The railjack is tanky enough to take multiple direct hits from crewships in the veil and still shrug off most damage. 

Have Vidar cryophon on pilot guns and Vidar carcinnox on sides, most players don't need to leave the railjack to be useful.

I just use void cloak if there are more than 2 crewship targeting. 

If anyone wants to pilot while I am slingshoting to a crewship he is free to, I fix some of the breaches and forge stuff and casually walk back to the cockpit (killing boarders along the way) and stand next to the current pilot, he usually gets off the seat when I approach. 

Has been mostly painless for me, then again I am not a possessive person. 

Edited by 0_The_F00l
  • Like 1

I would be glad if somebody else would take the helm once in a while because usually people tend to ignore the crewships which results in me having to board them myself.

They rather sit (mostly idle) at the side turrets which, at this point, are mostly useless in my railjack. I always bundle enemies together with voidhole and kill them with tycho. I would pay good plat for a way to disable or block the side turrets altogether so people are forced to do more productive things like boarding, crafting flux/ammo or dealing with invaders (I always catch the ramsleds before the sideturretbros can shoot them, free xp!).

Guess I will just mount the worst guns I can find to sideturrets and hope that people stop using them.

2 minutes ago, Sace said:

(I always catch the ramsleds before the sideturretbros can shoot them, free xp!).

Guess I will just mount the worst guns I can find to sideturrets and hope that people stop using them.

I think playing solo is the right option for you.

Gerade eben schrieb Traumtulpe:

I think playing solo is the right option for you.

I do that for a good amount of runs already, especially the red crates which require constant aborting.

But if there are competent mates that know when to craft and when to refine and who also exit the railjack to deal with crewships/objectives, the missions are done in just a few minutes. It saves so much time if people stop sitting half-afk at sideturrets.

39 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

You open chat and type: "Hey, I'd really like to pilot the Railjack myself. I also specialized my Intrinsics in piloting, and my side turrets are great, so feel free to use them."

Then gets ignored anyway because they don't speak English and the chat is full of *******. God forbid we communicate with foreigners. 

48 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

And then nothing happens, the random with 0 piloting stays glued to the pilot's seat, and there's not a damn thing you can do about it. WF really needs a /kick option. It's not rocket science, other online games have figured this out twenty five years ago, but no, in this as well as in a lot of other things, DE 'knows better'. 🙄

Edited by SordidDreams

This is the type of thinking that leads to toxicity, you absolutely need to never go on pub matchs.  Thinking like this will make the game less fun for you and will tempt you to commit behaviors that make the game less fun for everyone else.

So work on changing your mindset or put it on solo, if not your creating a lose lose situation for all involved.

• Like 1

I find usually standing by the side of the pilot they get off, but otherwise i'm happy to do the other roles, the only thing I ask for is that if i'm onboard the railjack and there is a crewship for them to POINT THE RAILJACK AT THE CREWSHIP (everyone loves a superhero knee right?).

If i want to solely pilot, i just don't leave the pilot seat and just type in chat, CS, most people will deal with it.

There's no point being possessive about it, unless all of your intrinsic points are solely in Piloting. I've actually given up piloting as a better pilots joined my pub game, i'm fine with it. As long as everyone is doing their bit I don't really mind.

• Like 1

being possessive about the controls is understandable, but sometimes there's no other way to say it: the pilot sucks at piloting. you know your pilot sucks when:

-they don't even try to use evasive manoeuvres when surrounded: what is the point of ranking up your Piloting Intrinsics if you aren't even gonna try to dodge?

- they're stingy with their munitions, even when they're surrounded. yes, I'm aware it's YOUR flux, but the two dozen fighters and Crewships bombarding you from all directions don't care. let the engineer make some Flux so they can get out of a sticky situation, before the ship goes catastrophic and you run out of goop.

- they don't prioritise crewships or line the Slingshot up for a Boarder. ALWAYS. KILL. CREWSHIPS. FIRST!. if you hear Cy say the Slingshot is loaded, rotate to face the nearest crewships and let the boarder work their magic. since Forward Artillery is garbage in late Saturn and Veil missions, this is the fastest way to kill crewships. help your Boarder, and they will help you.

- they don't even try to avoid Shipkiller beams or incoming missiles. for missiles, keep your distance and use rocks as cover. for Shipkillers, fly and park underneath them where they can't shoot you. getting hit once or twice is fine, but too many catastrophic breaches too quickly will make you run out of goop. no goop, no hope. Engineers understand this.

- they don't look for and pick up resources after they drop from enemies. yes, having to dry hump the crewships as they explode and memorize where fighters exploded mid-combat is annoying, but until we get Vacuum as a passive or an Avionic option, it's what you have to do for everyone to get resources. don't go from one extreme to the other though: holding your squad hostage until you have every last piece of titanium is NOT cool.

if you have a pilot like this, they're a bad pilot. steal the helm if you get chance; the ship will be better in your hands. I've only had to hijack the ship once, but if I end up saying "WTF is our Pilot doing?" out loud, I'm taking your ship. most of the time this isn't an issue thankfully, but it's worth looking out for.

• Like 1

As the pilot, you shouldn't abandon your post no matter what.

Yes its imploding, leave it to your crew.

Yes boarders, should have avoided it in the first place.

Fires? tell yer frikkin crew that the RJ is currently lit.

Whenever a pilot abandons his post is when the RJ gets swarmed or gets peppered by missiles and begins an endless cycle of imploding, ramsliding, and repairing.

Why? 'cause we a sitting duck!

The least you can do is have void cloak so you can leave your post without too much worries.

If you are someone that pilots his RJ like a &*(^*& then sorry mate, I'm one of those people that actually cares about the RJ's well being and will proceed to steer it and GTFO of wherever you parked it.

Edited by H.Katsura_999
  • Like 1

I never play in pick-up-groups, either solo'ing or duo'ing, so I never have a problem with being pilot (I'd rather be the away team, but so would my duo partner... so...)

Other games like this seem to have a owner-override that can kick people off their pilot chair. That would work here.

Also, they should implement a sort of "permission" or "lock out" on certain features, in case you want to prevent people from spending your munitions on an easy mission that you know your turrets can handle.

Little stuff like that would fix most of this.

hace 4 horas, (PS4)JaxyDarkwolf dijo:

... I find others constantly trying to take the helm...

I'm on the opposite case, I hate piloting. I enter pubs with my RJ, and while other joins I take the helm. Then I always ask if somebody wants to pilot, and most of the time nobody volunteers.

Since the pilot has not info of what is coming on on the ship, I often leave the helm unnattended and help with the engi stuff and to repel boarders, and with the forge, cause a team you dont know may leave things go out of control and lose the mission.

I personally prefer to be engi or boarder.

• Like 1

I'm with you there, OP. Or rather: DON'T TOUCH MY NAVIGATION CONSOLE!

I'm not that touchy of piloting, rather do something else, but NO-ONE except the host should be able to use the Navigation Console. Have had multiple missions where I finished it solo, but while in the proccess of lotting some random suddenly jumps in and goes straight for the console and jumps us away.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, (PS4)Eluminary said:

This is the type of thinking that leads to toxicity, you absolutely need to never go on pub matchs.  Thinking like this will make the game less fun for you and will tempt you to commit behaviors that make the game less fun for everyone else.

So work on changing your mindset or put it on solo, if not your creating a lose lose situation for all involved.

Woah.

Don't just assume I am toxic player. That is not fair. I am not the type to rant on other people via chat at all.

All I basically said was it was frustrating not to have more control over the piloting options (with a little added sass, but that is just how I write).

24 minutes ago, (PS4)secrecy274 said:

I'm with you there, OP. Or rather: DON'T TOUCH MY NAVIGATION CONSOLE!

I'm not that touchy of piloting, rather do something else, but NO-ONE except the host should be able to use the Navigation Console. Have had multiple missions where I finished it solo, but while in the proccess of lotting some random suddenly jumps in and goes straight for the console and jumps us away.

I feel this. My ship vanishing into the Void without my consent ahaha gotta love it.

1 minute ago, (PS4)JaxyDarkwolf said:

I feel this. My ship vanishing into the Void without my consent ahaha gotta love it.

Even better was that he jumped us to the drydock, which I had currently deconstructed and were in the process of moving. It ended with us stuck in an infinit loading screen and recieving no mission rewards...